JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Olivia - Under Your Waves

Author Topic: MaaSaku  (Read 24078 times)

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: MaaSaku
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2017, 08:04:55 PM »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2017, 08:25:05 PM »
Excerpt from recent Billboard interview
——Also, at that time, you could say it was the period where the Satou Masaki × Oda Sakura combination was ready, where scenes of the two of you singing and getting paired steadily increased. For you, what sort of existence was Maa-chan?

Oda Sakura: Since that was the first time I'd met such a person......because I was blessed with the opportunity to work with a person like this, I felt that surely this would be a big event in my life. Within, there was also a great sense of, "a colleague who gets along with everyone!", "A friend!" And to work with that person—not to mention a senior member, but younger. Therefore, I strongly feel something was completed since our meeting as Morning Musume. She's sort of a mysterious person isn't she. There's not many people with that kind of influential ability, and for me, she's an established category of her own.

——Up until she became Morning Musume。'15, there was often an exterior image of her only being able to speak in, if I had to say, an "airheaded" or "odd girl" kind of way, but I think you were the member that mentioned from the beginning, "Satou-san is an amazing person."

Oda Sakura: That's cause she is a genius. Since before joining Morning Musume。I've thought ah, this person's a genius. Even working with her now I think to myself, she's a genius.

——Due to a herniated lumbar intervertebral disk, her activities paused. Regarding when Morning Musume。'17—as is; with her absence—also started to form their activities, what sort of feelings or thoughts did you have?

Oda Sakura: What I thought was amazing was at that time was the speed of the members' response. At rehearsal, it got to "Positions will be changed. Singing parts will be changed" and in the transferred performance of "Morning Musume。'16 Concert Tour Autumn ~My Vision~", held in Hokkaido, suddenly Ogata Haruna-chan also couldn't appear due to influenza. But in the morning of that day we were bam-bam-bam with "I think if we do it like this it'd look better", "With that position, I'll move like this", and over several hours, we considered, changed, suggested, and brought it to perfection. It wasn't "So-and-so received so-and-so's singing part so let's cover it like them" or "Let's fill so-and-so's vacancy", but from the awareness of filling in for a vacancy, I think everyone kind of held a sense of, "How do I enchant people with my part that's just for today." If you ask me about a crisis, though it was a crisis, if you ask me how did it get to that point, I think it was also a chance.

——I see.

Oda Sakura: However, without Satou-san the liveliness was expectedly lacking (laughs). With Morning Musume, though it's a large number of people, without just one person it rather feels not enough.

——Well then, with the news of "Satou Masaki Stage Activities Resumption" announced the other day, what were your feelings in being able to work together again?

Oda Sakura: Finally we're all together, I thought. Therefore I hope people come see that. There'll be people there who have been looking forward to it all along, for it'll finally be the original Morning Musume。'17, altogether with Satou-san. Certainly even in the form of 12 members without Satou-san, at that time, while I want to show what we'd built during that time, by adding a single person there and how the balance changes—that is also what I'm really looking forward to. I've seen how she connects with the 12th gen. at times and thought, that's pretty funny, so I'd also like to see her mingling with the 13th gen. soon.

——In the news notice, written in her own words, "Though I was told by staff members and my family, "Why don't you rest a bit more?", I really know about my body the most! I will return to Morning Musume!"—while I felt there was a very strong will, what were your thoughts?

Oda Sakura: With our bodies, you never know right? That's why for us as well, should I say, "Please rest for now", should I be supportive? Honestly I don't know what to say, however if that's where Satou-san's feelings are, I'd like to answer with that. Therefore, with Satou-san coming back for the Spring tour this time; myself standing on stage, full of my current feelings—with emphasis on those—wanting to know how the 13th gen. will turn out; wanting to know how the group will turn out—with the various things piling up, in a good way, I can't imagine how things will turn out. Therefore, I'm really looking forward to it. How will it turn out?

The interview transitioned to discussing about Riho afterwards. Later on, the topic was about Jealousy Jealousy.

——And with that title, I'd like to ask a cliche question: who's the member you feel most jealous of?

Oda Sakura: The person that flashed into mind just now was Satou-san.

——The reason?

Oda Sakura: Cause she's a genius. For example, something that takes me until 4AM in the morning to give form, Satou-san would just finish it in a flash. If I convey an answer that I finally derived after searching excessively for years, she'd just say, "Ah, that thing!" Something that I'd require time to steadily build, doing my best all the way until now, Satou-san would just finish through intuition. I often think, "Even though I was up last night, spending hours doing it......Satou-san just finished it in an instance?" and am envious of that. Also, I envy her ability to get along with people......I think it's amazing.

*Thx to simplemindead from H!O

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2017, 10:00:07 PM »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2017, 09:10:57 PM »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2017, 09:00:05 PM »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2017, 05:44:04 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/keikun017/status/902903066680111106/video/1
Might want to give people a warning to turn the volume down on this one for the first 3 seconds or so.
:lol:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2017, 09:44:39 PM »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2018, 04:06:24 PM »

*Translated by simplemindead'18 from H!O

—At last year's Budoukan, Satou-san(Satou Masaki: 10th generation), who stood with you, her presence was also amazing. While I think the performance of the two of you will become the engine that drives Morning Musume '18's "Live Power" from here on out, how do you feel with regards to Satou-san?

Oda While Satou-san is my senior, nevertheless, I don't want her to be a person that sees me taking a step back and currently it feels like we respect each other while both thinking, I won't lose. However, since my feeling—of not wanting to lose to Satou-san—itself is frustrating, I want to always be thinking, I haven't lost. Conversely, I don't want her to make me believe that I simply won, and I have a feeling she also feels the same. It's okay even if we're not especially close. While I don't want a bad relationship, frustrating but cool, or frustrating but expectedly her singing is good, that level of distance would be just right. Of course, when it comes to the members, I really like everyone though.

—You know for expressive people that's a wonderful relationship. For you're able to raise each other.

Oda She's a clump of amazing sense. Since she's someone able to just do anything, she would simply just make it her own through picking up only a little. With dancing as well, I would think, I wonder what I have to do to freely maneuver my body to that point, I wonder how much I have to practice to catch up to her level. If Satou-san seems like a genius, I feel I would just have to spend time to catch up to her.

http://rollingstonejapan.com/articles/detail/27984/2/1/1

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2019, 09:15:55 PM »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+