JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girls` Generation - Promise

Author Topic: TV and Radio Shows/People  (Read 13561 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
TV and Radio Shows/People
« on: April 14, 2005, 09:29:35 AM »
Next to H!P and Sex, you watch watch sports religiously. Thanks to 24 hour networks like ESPN, TSN, The Score, etc. we are informed all the time.

So what's your take on the anaylsts, play-by-play guys, and other sports programming?

Which ones do you like and which ones do you hate? What show you watching now? Anyone see Battle of The Gridiron Stars?  :lol:

Me. I listen to The Jim Rome Show every day. It's a talk radio program, hosted by "The Pimp In The Box" ... ever since I saw him on CTV Sportsnet with "The Last Word" - I liked his up front takes on the latest sports stories.

He doesn't skirt the issues. And his callers are hilarious too, "have a take, don't suck"  ... I envision JPM-XXX to be the H!P version of The Jungle. haha.

Then there's my fave play-by-play announcer Marv Albert. Not only is his YESSSS! legendary. dude also makes fun of his color analysts like Mike Fratello and Boomer Esiason.  

Offline street bastard

• Member+
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 06:24:51 AM »
The only radio I listen to is sports talk.

I listen to Rome. Mike & Mike on ESPN radio when I have to work early morning. And I listen to the local guys too.

As for play by play nothing beats the call of homer broadcasters. The best ones have great energy and awesome one-liners. Like the Indians radio guy Tom Hamilton kicks ass. He makes regular plays seem like it's game 7 of the World Series! And he's had so many classic blasts at opposing players. Michael Reghi and Austin Carr do a great job on Cavs TV. I like Reghi's style and Carr is very tell it like it is. And Joe Tate and Cavs' radio is a legend.

No flavor of the month this time at the Compound.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 09:19:19 AM »
Oh hell yeah. Homers are great. We got the Hall of Famer Rod Phillips. The key to a  great broadcaster his UNBIAS. Fuck man, dude screams GOOOOOOOAALLLLLLL!! to both teams.

Other broadcasters I respect: Michael Irvin - dudes funny and knowledgable. Hubie Brown and Al Michaels are actually pretty entertaining.

Fuck SB. We gotta have a mini "The Mom" in here. Romie is bringing the SMACK OFF!!  :w00t:

That's who I like. Who (or what) do I HATE??

Let me start with EXTREME CLOSE UPS. Fuckin, everytime a guy scores a bucket, they gotta fuckin zoooom in on their grill. LMFAO @ TNT when they had "technical difficulties" and showed the game for five minutes in normal side to side view. What? No graphics to pimp your latest crap-shows?  :evil:

Offline Thimas X

• I eat Jailbaits for breakfast
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 12:56:33 PM »
I watch MIke and Miki in the morning on tv. PTI SPORTSCENTER AND Around the Horn.

Offline ohbahsan

• Member+
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 11:43:02 PM »
i liked listening to the jim rome show, that is until the local radio station here dropped it.

my favourite show was the tony kornheiser show.  great guests and no stupid call-in losers.

there is only 1 sports radio station here, and it sucks ass.  but one is better than nothing i guess.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 11:01:54 PM »
Joe Buck is pathetic. making a Willy Wonka plug. and it's not even for FOX! He should just shut up and talk about the game and not his own opinions, remember: "OMG Randy Moss just mooned the crowd!"

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 10:38:40 AM »
Anyone watch "Stump the Schwab" ... it was on The Score, 6:30 PST.

It's this game show where you take on this sweaty geek and try to answer the most questions! HA! I got some - like "Journey men" - like name Robert Horry, Nick Van Exel's teams in order.

plus .. btw. Stuart Scott is a fuckin Byrant Gumbel.

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 09:49:36 PM »
I saw this show "Distraction" on Comedy Network last night.  It's a game show-deal where the contestants have to answer questions while stuff is being done to them/in front of them in an attempt to distract them so they don't answer in time.  In the final round, the guys were each lying down on a single-sized bed, objective was to be the first to get five correct in a "speed round" type deal.  The distractions were for each correct answer, a bikini-clad babe would join the guys in the bed!!!  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:   There were asses being stuck in these "poor" guys faces, boobies were EVERYWHERE!!!  Funny thing was, the guy who eventually won, when he got his fourth question correct, instead of a fourth babe, this huge-ass bidy-builder/wrestler dude comes in and does a bodysplash RIGHT ON TOP OF HIM on the bed.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol: .  Then the wrestler dude grabbed both of his legs as if to "pin" him.  When the girls got back on the bed, one of them kept spanking the guys now-exposed ass.   :thumbsup  :thumbsup  :thumbsup

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline Thimas X

• Member+
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005, 05:34:22 AM »
ESPYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This year's show was great even though Jamie was funnier than Matthew Perry, but I don't think the hosts really matter....some idiot could host the show and it would still be good. Lets see.....in the beginning when they had the "images" rolling on the screen, that got my adrenaline going. I should watch that every time I play tennis.

The Arthur Ashe award winners were really great. Props to ESPN for finding ppl I've never heard of and giving them air time on tv. Their stories were really touching
--------
Hot Chicks: Jessica Simpson, Maria Sharapova, oooo that one chick that presented with Lebron, BEYONCE WAS SMOKING....alot of other girls i can't think of....but Beyonce was looking fine as usual.

i think the ESPYs is my fav award show  :shock:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005, 09:57:31 AM »
Really?? Fuck Canada doesn't air it till who knows when  :lol:

Did you vote in the fan ballotting? Who won team of the year?

Offline Thimas X

• Member+
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 05:15:54 PM »
Quote from: daigong
Really?? Fuck Canada doesn't air it till who knows when  :lol:

Did you vote in the fan ballotting? Who won team of the year?

naw i didn't vote....team of the year went to Red Sox.

Offline Thimas X

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2005, 06:22:35 AM »
wow I watched This is Sportscenter today. Its a show that shows everything that goes on behind the scenes before and during a SportsCenter. Wow crazy shit happens. The pressure is crazy especially when breaking news are coming in and late games have yet to end. The achors make it look really easy, especially Boomer, 5 seconds before he goes on air to do the top 10 list or do highlights he was chatting with Scott Stuart over other stuff. jeez i never knew...

Oh, how bout that never show of Steven A. Smith's?

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2005, 09:17:53 AM »
Man. I love the behind the scenes shit. Boomer is the best anchor in ESPN IMO.

Stephen A. Smith better not act like when he was subbing on Jim Rome is Burning...he has to be his "TORONTO RAPTORS MAKING A TERRRRIBBLE DECISION!!" hahaha

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2005, 08:47:19 AM »
About The ESPYs, I HATE MATTHEW PEERRY!!! I HATE FRIENDS!!  :evil:

That saying, Anika looked hot but buff...and funny that TO came on. Then McNabb presented next and HE LOOKED PISSED.  :lol:

Keith Olbermann is back on ESPN!

"Put Da Biscuit IN DA BASKET!"

I remember him on FoxSports Net when we first had CTV Sportsnet, dude was hilarious. Then he had that lame-ass show on MSNBC. He's my fave sportscaster.

Offline Thimas X

• Member+
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2005, 07:57:02 AM »
I was watching

"5 reasons you can't blame..."

KOBE BRYANT for breaking up the Lakers

damn they sure know how to convince people....i ended up blaming Shaq and Phil J. :lol:

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2005, 03:25:00 AM »
I listen to podcasts by baseball bloggers online.  In particular, David Pinto and Will Carroll.  Both of them are engaging voices and never boring.  And both have good programs that are a breeze to download.

Offline Thimas X

• Member+
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2005, 04:16:12 AM »
Quite Frankly is a good show!
Today he had football agents come in which was really interesting.

Offline Thimas X

• Member+
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2005, 06:50:09 AM »
Stephen A. Smith had Emmitt Smith on his show "Quite Frankly" last week!!! It was great. This week Serena Williams, Andy Roddick, and Melo.  :D  :D  :D  All these big name stars!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2005, 09:45:49 AM »
I'd like to thank the chump who got Michelle Tafoya pregnant...cuz on MNF:

Sam Ryan >>>>>>>>> preggo Michelle Tafoya  :twisted:

Offline TheQuickening