JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - History

Author Topic: The Lost Thread (ABC) - Season 6 Discussion  (Read 54021 times)

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
Re: The story of ABC's LOST series . . . .
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2007, 02:57:30 PM »
He was in the same room as Desmond wasn't he?

The grenade only seemed to break the window of the room Charlie was in.

Offline Fracture

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2007, 03:33:22 PM »
Charlie really did have a death wish, didn't he?
Instead of cutting the cable, he swam down, and instead of locking the door from the outside, he locked himself in..

I believe Charlie thought that it had to happen that way or the rest of Des's premonition wouldn't come true.

One thing I don't get.. In the future when Jack's at the hospital, he tells the doctor to bring down his father, who'll be more drunk than him, but his father is already dead..  ???

Maybe it was Jack's way of saying "don't forget who you're talking to, I'm the son of the former director!"  Either that or he was delusional.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2007, 01:23:59 PM »
Holy shit!! Me, I wasn't concerned with the season quality up to the finale. The episodes by themselves had terrific acting, great characterisation and interesting stories. But like everyone else watching, the finale was just simply amazing television. Multiple plotlines all given fair coverage and some real shocks to go with it! Some points I'm thinking of:

- I knew Walt would make an appearance at some point, but it still shocked me when it happened. And it looked like he could grow a beard at any minute XD. Does the obvious age have some significance, or is it simply cause the actor is growing? Is it really Walt returning from the outside world, or was it the island? My thoughts on the latter, but I would really like to see an episode of Michael/Walt on the boat when they left.

- Charlie NOO! For a minute there I thought it was going ok, till that highlander, Mikhail popped the grenade. That guy will survive. I thought he was wearing a bombproof vest when it happened.

- The final 5 minutes!! What a genius twist it was. What is it about the island that Jack wants to get back to? Or what Locke and Ben urges everyone to stay? I think Jack's ramblings about bringing his dad down was just that, ramblings. The drink/drugs were taking its toll, but again, you can never rule out the possibility. Kate saying 'he'll be wondering where I am' could refer to Sawyer, but what about her other husband played earlier in the season by Nathan Fillion? And who could be in the coffin? Ben? Locke? Juliet? Michael? Someone new? And because of these 'flash-forwards' how will the show change, if at all? Was it a one-off? Or will more future flashes be revealed? AH 2008 SEEMS SO FAR AWAY!!!  :cry:

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2007, 02:04:09 PM »
AH 2008 SEEMS SO FAR AWAY!!!  :cry:

Ha, yeah, 3 seasons left, 16 episodes per season.  I reckon the writers wanted 2 seasons but the greedy network wanted 3, so that's the compromise.  No new episodes until Feb 2008, that's so far away.  And the last season is in 2010!  That seems so far ahead.  2010 is the future, when the Earth will be ruled by robots!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 02:04:38 PM by ~Dan~ »
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2007, 04:20:53 PM »
Blimey! Robots you say? Better get cracking and learn to grovel to our mechanical masters, otherwise I won't see the finale!

Did anyone else give a cheer when Sayid snapped that guys neck? And when Sawyer shot Tom? I think Sawyer is starting to like the old killing. He's become more reclusive since he killed Locke's dad and everyone was pretty shocked when he shot Tom in cold blood...

Offline ugdream

• Member+
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2007, 05:24:09 PM »
The ending of the season 3 of "Lost" is unexpectably shocking to me . I can't wait Season4 until February 2008............. :w00t:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2007, 02:51:57 PM »
LOL BUMP!!! I just finished watching season 3, before that I haven't been even able to read this thread in fear of spoilers XD

BUT OH MY GOD, I really love this show!!! WAOHHH

Only complaints that come into mind about this season: Kate's character is going to a worse direction :( And there was NOT ENOUGH Sayid!!!  But yeah, awesome stuff....

I love Desmond, Sawyer and Sayid
I really like Juliet, and Sun after the ep where she shot that 'other' bitch :D
I like Kate, Hurley, Charlie (RIP), Locke when he's not being annoying, Jin, Rousseau, Alex
Claire is a bit meh
Hate Ben and Jack XD (but Ben is supposed to be hateable, Jack just... is)

Ok I can't think of more to say, to STUFF~~
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2007, 03:14:54 PM »
^ No way, you gotta like Jack! Particularly all the 'Jack faces' he makes. :lol:

So what did you think of 'that' season finale shi? Did it rock your socks like it did for anyone who saw it? Poor Charlie :( I think it surprised everyone with just how awesome it was, not even the diehards were expecting 'that' ending coming up! (unless they read the spoilers first). Got any theories on who Jack went to the funeral of? Who it is Kate said she needed to get back too? Trust me, whatever answer you or anyone else will give, you'll bet someone's questioned it already :lol: Still so many questions from the previous seasons unanswered though!

I want to see the next season now :(

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2007, 09:17:44 PM »
Noooo best Jack is no Jack :lol:

To be honest, I watched so many episodes in a row I can hardly tell where the finale started and stuff!! I mean it's all a big blur in my head. But YES I liked the finale and I loved it that Charlie died a hero XD The ep(s) made me really excited about the next season, tho scared at the same time, because I don't want to leave the island... o-o;;

I've read tons of theories about the funeral and who Kate would be going back to, but I honestly just don't want to think about it too much! I just wanna wait and see what they've come up with. :D I kinda regret having read all the theories, because I've always sort of just enjoyed Lost as it is and not thought about it TOO much (it's impossible to not think at all, but I hope you know what I mean), and I'm worried that if I start speculating too much it'll be less fun :OOOOOOOOOO

Can't wait for the next season!

They'd better not kill Desmond or Juliet :tama-mad:  They're still in the "new character" class and those tend to get killed...

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2007, 02:43:27 AM »
LOL BUMP!!! I just finished watching season 3

You're lucky, you don't have as long to wait for the next season.
I've already been waiting what seems like an eternity and theres still a few months to wait. :banghead:
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2007, 09:05:44 AM »
You're lucky, you don't have as long to wait for the next season.
Lol I dunno, I've never watched Lost in "American time", but instead started watching the seasons on TV in Finland and then bought the DVD box and watched the rest that way... And they're still running S3 on TV here so it will be ages until S4 is here :lol: Well, if I choose to download the episodes then I guess my wait will be shorter, but otherwise, not really XD

Anyway Desmond :heart: ROFL!!!!

And I even made a Lost sig -.- Hopefully anyone who still watches season 1 or 2 won't be mad at me for spoiling the existence of Des and Juliet >_> Though it's not like I've got "DESMOND CAN SEE FUTURE, IS HOT STUFF" or "JULIET - ONE OF THE OTHERS, OR IS SHE?!?" written all over it :D

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2007, 01:05:42 PM »
I'm sure people who haven't caught up yet, know to stay away from this topic anyway so I think it's ok. :D

The only thing I wonder about from the finale is who does Kate need to go back to? Sawyer's too obvious IMO. I think she may have been referring to her husband from one of her flashbacks. The police officer played by 'Captain Tight Pants' himself, Nathan Fillion XD Would be awesome if true, he's one of my fav actors :lol: Or perhaps she was referring to her baby? :o

But I see where you're coming from. With the amount of rumours flying around and with the level of fanatics attached to the show, all the supposed theories flying around could have some element of truth to them. It would be very special for the writers to come up with something that will shock everybody. So I try to avoid them as much as possible, as hard as it is! XD

They'd better not kill Desmond or Juliet :tama-mad:  They're still in the "new character" class and those tend to get killed...

Poor poor Nikki and Paulo! Remember them? They starred for about literally one episode, and where killed off because the hardcore fans hated the idea of yet more survivors from the plane crash.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2007, 01:38:24 PM »

Poor poor Nikki and Paulo! Remember them? They starred for about literally one episode, and where killed off because the hardcore fans hated the idea of yet more survivors from the plane crash.
Lol the n00bs! Is that the "official reason" they were killed??
I thought it was a somewhat interesting addition that there really could've been plane crash survivors who had little to nothing to do with all the island action, even if they were there ALL THE TIME. :lol: I was cracking up when I saw that Nikki & Paulo found the yellow plane and one of the hatches BEFORE Locke & co., and had a complete different reaction to them as any of our main characters would've! They had zero interest in solving the mysteries of the island, it just showed how differently everything could've turned out if more people had been like them and NOT like Locke, Sayid, and others who demanded answers :D

Their way to die was pretty gruesome, too... LOL

And I LOVED IT every time that Sawyer said "Who the hell is Nikki??" :lol:

Anyway not just Nikki and Paulo! Mr. Eko, Ana Lucia, Libby all got killed quite soon, not to mention most of the others, the parachute girl... It's just not a good sign to join the cast late :lol:

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
Re: The Lost Thread (ABC) - waiting for Season 4
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2007, 10:46:23 PM »
^Don't forget the science teacher whose role was a "blow out"!

Dammit Jack, you all should have stayed on the ISLAND!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2007, 01:34:12 PM »
Oh damn. Only half of Season 4 has been filmed right? With this writers strike still going it means the 2nd half is some way off.  That sucks, I really want a full length season of 16+ episodes.

Still though, new Lost. :D

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2007, 02:05:44 PM »
I know it's a double post but NEW SEASON 4 TRAILER!!

[youtube=425,350]BJY3Kx0E8ZM[/youtube]

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

:OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

I take back what I said, I don't mind so much if it's 8 episodes, I have to see them now!

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2007, 05:29:22 PM »
Wow. Look awesome!

Offline Fracture

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2008, 05:27:01 AM »
Less than two weeks!  I'm stoked for this, it feels like it's been forever without a new Lost.

Although I already read the spoilers because I'm an idiot :P

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2008, 07:04:53 AM »
I'm still avoiding them. Looking forward to it though. Apparently I missed the start of Sarah Connor chronicles, but I'm definitely tuning into Lost.

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - History