JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Brilliant Green - Forever to Me ~Owarinaki Kanashimi~

Author Topic: Post your listening gadgets!!!  (Read 29203 times)

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Post your listening gadgets!!!
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2006, 09:50:37 AM »
^ Nonetheless, we are having an IT show near to the end of this month. I'll be bringing my earphones to check out any difference it will make. At the same time search for early presents for christmas.

And i updated my 1st post if you want to see the build of UM1.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2006, 10:31:04 AM »
Quote from: ferrar1;230284
Nonetheless, we are having an IT show near to the end of this month. I'll be bringing my earphones to check out any difference it will make./QUOTE]

Have fun and please post your reviews.  I've found IT fairs frustrating because of the high noise level.  Makes it hard to concentrate on audio quality.  Make sure you bring a "reference" CD or WAV file on a thumbdrive - having to rely on the recordings/files the exhibitors have on hand is a pain.

The UM1 looks very nice.  I also use silicone flanges.  They're much easier to put on than foam earplugs.  And that pouch looks much better than the cheapo thing that came with the Etymotics.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2006, 10:40:02 AM »
Quote from: chera
Have fun and please post your reviews. I've found IT fairs frustrating because of the high noise level. Makes it hard to concentrate on audio quality. Make sure you bring a "reference" CD or WAV file on a thumbdrive - having to rely on the recordings/files the exhibitors have on hand is a pain.

Yea i'll probably bring my UM1 and Tsunku's CD and go in the morning to avoid the crazy crowd. I hope MS zune will be there for me to demo it as well.

Quote from: chera
The UM1 looks very nice. I also use silicone flanges. They're much easier to put on than foam earplugs. And that pouch looks much better than the cheapo thing that came with the Etymotics.

I think you will have fun with either UM1 or Etymotics ER6i because for starter IEMs, these 2 are among the few that performs well. But ER6i has a very weak looking cord that looks like cables of cheap earphones which made me choose the UM1 instead.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2006, 11:08:25 AM »
DAP : Ipod Video
Headphones : SONY MDR-Q66

I don't mind these. They have good sound, retractable rope type cables, and are comfy. (I commute for 4hrs twice a week (mostly standing :evil: ) and don't even notice I'm wearing them)  

At home : SONY DAV-S550

Even though this is hooked to the pc via fiber optics, I barely turn it on, and just listen to music through the monitor speakers, which actually kick ass.
The in-built monitor speakers are from TIME DOMAIN.

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2006, 01:01:43 PM »
Quote from: Guchi_Jnr;230302
The in-built monitor speakers are from TIME DOMAIN.

Those speakers look awesome, especially the Light model.  Were they very expensive?  Japanese hi-fi can be absurdly priced sometimes.

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2006, 02:06:41 PM »
Quote from: chera;230338
Those speakers look awesome, especially the Light model.  Were they very expensive?  Japanese hi-fi can be absurdly priced sometimes.
The Light model is 18,900yen (the Japanese page shows the price)

I'm a bit unsure of what "Time Domain" is. I original thought it was a brand, but now I think it's a "type" of speaker. I still don't know, and I'm too lazy to read tonight.

You can have a read HERE, and checkout the TD712z model.. Nice!!

And if you're really game, look at them on the Japanese page to see the price.
note: That price is for 1....Ouch!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 02:15:03 PM by Guchi_Jnr »

Offline Kurisu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2006, 03:47:46 PM »
I got a SonyEricsson W800i Walkmanphone for playing my H!P Stuff.:)
I has a 1gig Memorystick that makes me able to listen to around 300 different H!P Songs wherever i am.
Never tried how long i can listen until the battery dies, but I tried how long I can watch Movies, at that is 4 hours:D
(No, I don't sat 4 hours in front of the phone and stared on that little screen...:P )

Great phone, never used one longer than this, can't wait for next year, then I want a new one, the Nokia N95:ONluvluv2:

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2006, 10:32:35 AM »
Quote from: Guchi_Jnr;230371

And if you're really game, look at them on the Japanese page to see the price.
note: That price is for 1....Ouch!

300,000Y for a single speaker is high, but really absurd for a single-driver stand-mounted speaker.  They look like 3,000Y desktop speakers.  Or maybe it's japanese "cost-no-object-by-size-constrained" speaker engineering for people with big wallets but small apartments?  That is, people who don't have the space for this:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 10:47:44 AM by chera »

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2006, 12:23:15 PM »
Quote from: chera;230951
300,000Y for a single speaker is high, but really absurd for a single-driver stand-mounted speaker.  They look like 3,000Y desktop speakers.  Or maybe it's japanese "cost-no-object-by-size-constrained" speaker engineering for people with big wallets but small apartments?
Do not confuse size with quality!

I have once listened to a set of those (then around 10.000 euro's for the speakers, around 5000 euro's for the amp and some change for the sound input provider) not to bad sounding :).
Biggest problem with electrostats is the low frequencies, better have a woofer somewhere also.
Even bigger problem: unless you want to invite the neighbors, do not turn the volume up! :D

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2006, 03:27:05 PM »
Quote from: frblckstr1;230978
Do not confuse size with quality!
lol, the same could be said about quality with price, don't you think?

I'm thinking that's the point Chera was trying to make here. I'm sure the speakers sound great and all but just looking at them. The price to me would only indicate they're something you'd buy if you're rich and stupid. Then again I've never heard them so I can't say much. Has anyone here heard them?

Anyway's back on topic I gotta post my crap.

I just got these the other day:
Ultimate Ears: SuperFi 5 Pro

There not bad but I'm still trying to get used to sticking them in my ears :s

Portable setup looks a bit like this:
Creative Zen Vision:M, "MINT" amp (meta42 in a tin)

Yup that's an amp, runs off 2x 9volt batteries. Although I don't really need to use it with the UE 5pro I really got it for my headphones because they need a bit more umf than the average player can throw at them.

Those headphones would be these:
Ultrasone Proline 550

Only sexy bass comes from these. Only smooth sexy bass ^o^

So anyway moving on now. My main source at home is CharmyPC!!
Inside that is SB Audigy 2 ZS, although I do have an emu0404 but it sucks for games and it's just not practical to have it in there atm. I'll use it in like an HTPC or something one day.

PC goes to my 80's hand-me-down amp which works fine. I don't mind it at all. I run my headphones off it and they sound nice. I've decided not to go down the track or buying a big expensive setup mainly cause the amount of money you could spend on a good amp and speakers nowadays is enough to put down a deposit on a house!

(I just pasted the same pic twice cause there's 2 of them)

So that's about it.

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2006, 08:41:19 PM »
Around school and stuffs.

I have a cheap 3-piece speaker set for listening at home, but they're good enough.

Offline xxbakaboi808xx

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2006, 09:30:24 PM »
umm i just use a basic psp for video...and my phone

for sometimes video and musical needs...its not bad...both have 2 gigs in it so yea...may seem small to most of you...but it gets the job done seeing as i usually have my laptop or some other form of entertainment around me...

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2006, 10:15:59 PM »
Quote from: ebc;231018

Awesome, please post a review when you've broken them in!

"MINT" amp (meta42 in a tin)

I've wanted one of these for a long time, but balked at the difficulty of building one myself.  Did it take you a long time?

My main source at home is CharmyPC!!

I'm sure that results in a sweet high-end along with a nice plump sexy bottom-end :P

I've decided not to go down the track or buying a big expensive setup mainly cause the amount of money you could spend on a good amp and speakers nowadays is enough to put down a deposit on a house!

I agree with the philosophy.  Better bang for buck to invest in good headphones and maybe a headphone amp than to invest in all the other stuff.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2006, 03:23:23 AM »

Good stuff there, i auditioned this before as well and found the sound quality nice. As i mentioned before, superfi cable build is excellent but a little too stiff for me. And if i still remember correctly, try to run the earphones for quite some time (eg 50 hrs?) before you put them on, the sound will differ greatly compared to when you just take it off the package.

Unfortunately no $$ to spend more than S$200 during that time.

Quote from: boykun
I have a cheap 3-piece speaker set for listening at home, but they're good enough.

Wow i havent seen this before, vodafone... Isit a phone or a standalone DAT?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 03:27:47 AM by ferrar1 »

Offline Mikitty-saikou

• °C-ute into °S-exy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2006, 07:55:48 AM »
I have a Microsoft Zune player. ;D  (It's not even in stores yet if I'm correct!)  Won it in a raffle some Zune Promoters were doing during a demo at my college.

It's actually pretty good despite the fact it's made by microsoft, IMO. ^_^

Pictures to come soon. ^_-

Offline ohbahsan

• Member+
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2006, 08:29:02 AM »
Quote from: Mikitty-saikou;231587
I have a Microsoft Zune player. ;D  (It's not even in stores yet if I'm correct!)  Won it in a raffle some Zune Promoters were doing during a demo at my college.

It's actually pretty good despite the fact it's made by microsoft, IMO. ^_^

Pictures to come soon. ^_-
NICE!  Post some pics!  Not that I want a Zune but getting free shit is always good :thumbsup

Offline delerium

• Ass & Titties
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2006, 03:25:04 AM »
Just picked up a Zune today.
xD

Offline BoUnCeR

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2006, 06:30:43 AM »
only my ipod video 30gb thats all

Offline Paternoster

• ecchi
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2006, 08:55:16 PM »
I always wonder why people always have to buy
new Headphones for there iPod.
I have a 4G iPod and like the supplied Headphones,
maybe because they are, unlike any other Headphones
just white.

Greetings

- Pater

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2006, 04:59:54 AM »
^ I bought new earphones because i need better isolation when listening to my music. The one supplied doesnt really block out noises, making me crank up the volume most of the time and that either spoils my ears or annoy the people around me :D

Quote from: delerium
Just picked up a Zune today.

Please do comment on it after you finish playing with it. :D

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Brilliant Green - Forever to Me ~Owarinaki Kanashimi~