JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Leslie Cheung - Monica

Author Topic: [WTF] Baseball Joel Zumaya injured during ALCS Playing Guitar Hero  (Read 1670 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
The crazy baseball injuries continue! From Jim Rome:

Come to find out why Joel Zumaya was on the rack those 3 games during the ALCS. At the time, that forearm injury didn’t seem so unusual; I just figured he got hurt trying break the sound barrier with the ball or throwing it the speed of light. The cat does run it up there 102 miles per hour. But that’s not what happened. The team now says he did damage to his once in a lifetime arm by playing “Guitar Hero” on PS2. He couldn’t go, because he went Jimi Hendrix on a video game that lets players use a guitar shaped controller to play famous guitar licks. Wow. Clint Barmes and his deer meat shoulder thinks that’s messed up. So does, Jay Witasick’s watermelon elbow. And Marty Cordoba’s tanning booth face, Brian Anderson’s taxo cab shoulder, and all the guys who have missed time after trying to jam a Q-tip into their brains. Well, this one goes right to the top of the list.

My man, you’re going to have to make a choice; do you want to be the next Nolan Ryan or the next Eric Clapton? The nastiest flame thrower since Bob Feller or a video Pete Townsend because you can’t do both. Back away from your PS2, Z, your forearm has had enough. Mike Remlinger’s recliner finger thinks that’s ridiculous.

:ONbarf: :ONbarf:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
[WTF] Baseball Joel Zumaya injured during ALCS Playing Guitar Hero
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 02:16:58 PM »
After playing 'Freebird' and Hangar 18' on Expert, I can totally feel his pain. :D

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 09:03:34 PM »
:ROTFLMAO:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 10:15:01 PM »
No surprise really. A buddy of mine hung out with Joel a couple times and lets just say he burns lots of the hippie grass. ;)

JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Leslie Cheung - Monica