JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Puffy - Nagisa ni matsuwaru Et Cetera

Author Topic: Justice, Death and the Fool  (Read 17920 times)

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Justice, Death and the Fool
« on: September 19, 2006, 10:32:19 PM »
Whoo! I'm on a roll again! Here's a new fic I thought up in English today.

Justice, Death and the Fool

“Great concert!” Nono waved to Risa in passing, walking to her dressing room. It felt good to be on her own two feet again instead of on wooden ones and smiling, she started a little jig, humming the encore under her breath. She turned a corner and nearly ran into Rika, making a phone call in the hallway.

“Oh, sorry.” the older girl didn’t acknowledge her right away, continuing to speak frantically into the phone.

“Please hurry!” she slapped it closed with a snap and grabbed Nono’s arm, “I was going to look for you. You’ve got to come with me!”

Confused, Nono could only follow the older girl to Yossui’s dressing room, “What, what? What’s going on?”

“He’s asking for you.” was all that was said.

‘He?’ Nono didn’t really know any ‘he’s, but when Rika pushed open the door with tears in her eyes and revealed Yossui being held at gunpoint, a few things became clear.

“Close the door and get over here.” the man ordered of Rika, waving his gun threateningly. Terrified, she quickly complied and stood tensely at his side.

“What’s this about?” Nono asked cautiously, eyeing the man fearfully.

“You have to be punished!” Yossui flinched when the barrel struck the side of her head, the skin breaking and blood running down her cheek. The other girls swallowed down their screams.

“If you’re mad at me, why are they here?” Nono tried to keep her voice steady and gentle.

“Well, I got to thinking. What would be the best way to make you hurt and teach you a lesson? Physical pain is easy to resist after a while and pretty senseless anyway. I want you to learn something, not just suffer.” He rubbed the gun against his forehead, “Finally it came to me! I’m going to make you choose which of your friends lives and which one dies.”

All three girls gasped and shared horrified looks. Nono felt tears burn her throat and swallowed hard, “How can I possibly make that choice?”

“Adults have to make tough decisions all the time. Sometimes they’re even life or death. You’re 19. It’s time to grow up!” He pointed the gun at Rika now, eliciting a whimper, “Now, will it be the Empress?” the barrel turned towards Yossui again, “Or the High Priestess.” The man giggled at his own joke. No one else got it.

“I can’t choose!” The girl buried her hands in her hair, the tears finally flowing down her cheeks; she saw her fellow yonki follow suit.

“Well if you don’t choose, I’ll kill them both. And then you for good measure. But, really, only one has to die tonight.”

‘Only one?’ Nono racked her brains, there had to be a way to save both of her friends.

“Well? I’m waiting.” The gun barrel floated over and pressed hard against Rika’s temple.

‘Who can I choose? Only one, only one, only one!’ She heard the gun cock loudly and something snapped into place, “Only one has to die tonight?”

“Yep.” the man nodded boredly, absently prodding the girl in his grasp.

“Well, if I have to choose the one that will die, I’ve decided.” Nono was suddenly calm in the face of her friends’ doom.

At this, the man perked up, “Oh really? That wasn’t so hard was it?”

“Not at all actually. Mostly because I choose me.” Nono smiled smugly at the look on the man’s face.

“That wasn’t the deal!” he angrily waved the gun closer to Rika’s nose.

“Why not?” the girl crossed her arms, “You said you wanted to teach me a lesson, right? You wanted me to grow up? Growing up means being responsible for yourself. You’re right that I need to be punished. To let my friends be punished as well, that’s childish.” Nono was surprised at how confident she sounded, especially since she was just pulling her words straight from her ass.

The man seemed to think about this though and nodded after a long pause, “Then you are learning. But, since you still couldn't choose either one, you have to take their bullets too.”

“I know.” Nono smiled at her friends, glad that she could do this for them. When the first bullet entered her stomach, though, the pain sent her crying to her knees. When the second bullet entered her chest, the air tasted like blood. And when the last bullet entered her brain, Nono felt no more pain.

---Heh heh. Nono got shot. Whatever will happen next? Oh, and I rhymed... Oh yeah. This is only chapter one!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 10:49:18 PM by rndmnwierd »

Offline tanakachi

• Reina's Bodyguard
  • Member+
Justic, Death and the Fool
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 11:37:01 PM »
omg...hope that isnt a short one now, kinda want to hear the rest of it now!!!

Offline asheravel

• Member+
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 01:50:17 AM »
huh wat did nono do???...
100% supports YoMiki !~:D

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 10:03:42 AM »
she dies??!! only chapter one.... so she doesn't die?...

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 12:19:51 PM »
I would choose me too if I was Nono. How could she choose otherwise? Ahhh that chapter felt me kinda sobbing. Nono can't die... right? :(

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 10:40:14 PM »
My internet is down on my comp, so it may be a while before I post any more chapters. At least I have time to write now...
To answer your questions.... I'm not gonna say anything....
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 10:47:26 PM by rndmnwierd »

Offline SeeYa

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 02:39:03 AM »
How does dat answer our questions then? =( That was really sad. Nono dying...and in the first chapter too!Please tell me she didn't actually die though...

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 02:27:58 PM »
Next chapter! Finally!

Rika clutched Yossui’s hand tightly sobbing into a tissue. It was the day of Nono’s wake and everyone who knew her was there. The entire project, the people she went to middle school with, her neighbors. It had been decided that since so many were going to come, they would pay their respects in a large rented auditorium. The building was almost filled to capacity and there were hundreds of mourning fans gathered outside.

Continuing to send her prayers, Rika’s eyes were glued to a small, framed picture of the girl on the alter up front. She didn’t notice anything else except Nono’s smiling face. Yossui was another story though, constantly keeping her eyes moving to anywhere but the reminder of death everyone was gathered around.

She noticed a small figure up front that was suspiciously familiar. Squinting in the harsh lights, Yossui recognized Aibon staring into space next to Nono’s family. While she was glad to see the girl, Yossui really wished it had been on better terms.

“Let’s go speak to Aibon.” she suggested gently to Rika, tugging her hand as she stood. It took a moment for the thought to sink in, but when it did the older girl followed blindly.

They reached the younger yonki and Yossui knelt in front of her, catching her eye. Aibon looked at her wordlessly.

“Hey kiddo. How you holding up?” Yossui knew that the ‘kiddo’ bit was maybe too much, but she was hoping for a reaction. She was disappointed.

Facing away from the picture, Rika was finally able to take in the other people in the room. Everyone was there, everyone, even Makoto, whose plane had left a couple days before the… incident. The girl was crying into Konno’s shoulder, not seeming to notice the other’s tears.

Her eyes scanned over a few rows, seeing the Melon girls and Country Musume, in various states of mourning, Yuko, face covered with a tissue, Kaori, crying openly, Mari and Kei, holding onto each other tightly, and Nacchi, who seemed to still be in shock.

She turned to another section, seeing the Rokkies huddled together, even Miki, who was clutching Aya. The whole group was crying loudly. She didn’t see Ai and Risa, but figured they were at the alter. She turned back to Yossui, who was still trying unsuccessfully to get Aibon to talk.

The pain in the room was almost overwhelming; Rika could feel everyone’s anguish. She felt it when strong Yocchan started crying, even though her back was turned. She felt it when a teenager she didn’t know collapsed to the floor in front of Nono’s picture, almost dropping her incense. She also felt resolve growing deep inside her own heart.

“This has to stop.”

---Oooo what is she thinking? I should probably go write it...

Offline Seagull

• Ryo's lover <333
  • Member+
  • Soshified Shapley, E.L.F, Ryotard <3
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 04:25:07 PM »
sooo sad :cry: *cries a little* But it's really good, keep up the good work :D

Offline YoukaiChica

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 02:17:01 AM »
I didn't think you'd continue this but I'm glad you did. Its so sad....

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 05:34:58 AM »
Actually, I've decided to take a page from Yuuyami's book and make a fantasy fic. It'll probably be pretty generic, but I wanted a break from the romance...

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2006, 02:54:38 AM »
Eh, here ya go...

Hitomi awoke to a frantic pounding on her door. It was a good thing she’d moved out, or else her parents might just kill the late night visitor.

‘What time is it?’ she glanced at a clock in passing, but stopped and stared, sure that her eyes were playing tricks on her. ‘Four? Forget being civil, I’m going to kill whoever is out there.’

The pounding continued until she yanked the door open, “What the fu-!” Yossui stopped herself short, seeing a panicky Rika and a sleepy Aibon on her doorstep.

“Let us in.” Rika whispered, looking around behind her.

Stepping aside, Yossui complied, also taking a look around, “Is someone following you?”

“No.” answered Aibon with a yawn.

Yossui could only stare, “You spoke.”

“Yeah…”

“…”

“…”

Rika jumped back when Yossui wheeled around and pinned her with a glare, “What did you do?”

“We’re gonna get Nono back.” The youngest replied again. This only made Yossui glare harder.

“That’s what you said to get her to talk?” she then noticed the cylinder container under Rika’s arm and pieces fell into place. “Tell me that’s not what I think it is.”

“Okay, I won’t tell you.” It seemed the older girl was regretting fleeing here.

“You stole Nono’s ashes?!” Yossui started to pace, “How could you! That’s so wrong!”

“We have to bring her back, Hitomi. The three of us. Plus, you’re the only one who drives an actual car.”

“And you thought I’d go along with this hare-brained scheme of yours? You’re crazy!” she turned and ran smack into the saddest face she’d ever seen. “Oh no. No way ‘Bon!” But she could already feel herself giving in and sighed.

“…”

“…”

“Oh alright. Where to?”

----Yuppers! Lol.

Offline Tanachan

• The Cheat~~~~
  • Member+
  • Currently Attending Reina's "Erebeta Pati"
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 01:04:05 AM »
OMG I want more! So sad how Nono dies...makes me think of the other time I cried for Nono, when she and Kago got blown up in the space fanfic...when Kago got stuck under the fridge with the little monster thing in her stomach.
If Helen Keller falls in the woods and no one is around, does she make a sound?

Official [WHOA] member, master and commander of the Tokunaga Chinami branch.

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 09:58:24 PM »
Here's the next part!

“You’ve got to be kidding me!”

They’d abandoned the car a few blocks back in favor of trekking through a maze of dank, dark alleys. Yossui was sure they'd be lost forever, especially with Rika leading, but the older seemed positive they were heading the right way. The sun was just starting to peak above some of the lower buildings when Yossui saw it. A huge yet non-descript sign reading: Madonna’s Mystical.

Crazy Americans!

Crazy Rika!

Dammit!

Aibon yawned from her place under Yossui’s arm, “Are we there yet?”

“Yep!” Rika grinned, happy that she knew where they were going. For once.

“A voodoo shop!?” Yossui looked at the brick wall. ‘Maybe I should just smash my head in and join Nono. Wait, when was I this morbid?’

“Nooo.” Rika said slowly, like talking to a particularly dumb child, “It’s an occult shop. It’s legitimate too. No books on how to magically get a date or find fortune, but real mystic books and real spell ingredients.”

Yossui was slightly taken aback, “Wow, you really looked into this, didn’t you?”

Rika nodded seriously and the two stared at each other for a minute, Aibon looking between them impatiently. Finally unable to take anymore tension, she threw her hands in the air, “Can we go in now?” it seemed that the single mindedness of their quest had vanquished her grief. Or maybe that was just sleep deprivation.

All immediately agreed and they entered the store. Yossui was surprised; it looked like a normal shop setting, shoulder high bookshelves lined the walls and formed a few rows on the left and on the right were tables full of plastic jars with various liquids and powders in them. In the far right corner was the cash register, sitting on a heavy wooden desk. Just behind that was what looked to be the opening to another room, but hippie beads covered the doorway.

“Welcome back Rika.” a soft voice floated in from the hidden room. From behind the beads came an older American woman, dressed in casual jeans and a button up shirt. She looked pretty normal. “I see you’ve brought your friends along this time. All of them.” she took note of Rika’s precious cargo immediately.

“Um, yes. How did you- Nevermind. If you know that this is Nono, then you know what I came for.” Yossui realized that they had obviously met more than once to be this comfortable with each other.

Aibon lost herself in the old tomes on the left side of the room. She gently ran her fingers across the spines, looking for something to catch her eye. A spine with faded golden designs jumped out at her. It had no title visible, so she took it from its place and opened the cover.

The words weren’t in Japanese or any other language she had ever seen before and the strange shapes of the characters drew her in farther, enticing her to flip through more pages. A soft whispering as she passed page 36 drown out the conversation going on near her. The more pages she turned, the louder the whisper got until, even though it was in another language, Aibon felt that she could make out the words.

Suddenly a hand slapped the book closed and she snapped out of her trance, looking up to see the proprietor smiling at her gently, “Be careful. The Voro Animus has taken in many a careless reader.”

Fearful, Aibon put the book back, watching as the woman, probably Madonna, quickly selected another book from the shelf. She then flitted across the room to the ingredients, picking up a black goblet and a bottle full of a pale liquid so thin it seemed like fog.

She snagged a few other opaque bottles and motioned the group into the back room. Aibon was the last in, passing the beads cautiously. The room looked like a traditional altar room; runes lined the wall and surrounded the high table in the center. She stepped around a couple candles and noticed a strange design painted on the floor, it was a small circle inside a bigger square inside a bigger triangle inside the biggest circle.

Madonna gently took the urn from an almost reluctant Rika and opened it without preamble, carefully spreading the ashes across the length of the table, “Let’s get started.”

----OMG Tanachan! I remember that fic. That part made me go 'Awww' and I reread it several times.

You know, I've started planning out my plot and I realized that I just couldn't do anything without romance in it. Damn I'm a sap.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 10:00:34 PM by rndmnwierd »

Offline Tanachan

• The Cheat~~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 04:23:16 AM »
Don't worry, I'm right there with ya. I was writing a sonic fanfic for a friend that was supposed to be all fighting, and ended up having banging beds.

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 05:01:40 AM »
Oooh, glad to know I was of some influence, I definately look forward to the rest of your chapters :]

Offline goosefish

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 05:16:59 AM »
I finally found time to read some of your fics!

The first and second chapters were so sad, I especially liked this part:

“I know.” Nono smiled at her friends, glad that she could do this for them. When the first bullet entered her stomach, though, the pain sent her crying to her knees. When the second bullet entered her chest, the air tasted like blood. And when the last bullet entered her brain, Nono felt no more pain.

It's really beautiful I think. :cry:  

But then you took the fic in a different direction which leaves me wondering and wanting to know how it's gona turn out! :D Looking forward to more of this :)

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2006, 06:37:21 PM »
Thanks for the support all three people who read this....

“Actually, you should be warned.” The woman paused in opening the bottle of white liquid, “The man who did this wasn’t captured, right?” the three nodded, “Until he is, your friend will search for justice, never able to rest. Also the ritual itself is dangerous. The newly dead are trapped in the spirit world, awaiting judgment. That is also the home of, how would you say it? The Dark Ones? Something like that.”

“So?” Aibon questioned, the sight of her friend’s remains making her antsy, “What does that mean?”

“To bring back your friend’s spirit, I must rip open a hole between realms, giving the Dark Ones a chance to escape. If they do, they will wreak havoc on the city, even the world. The longer they are out, the more powerful they become.” Madonna set the bottle down on a small, wheeled table beside her, intent on her explanation.

“What does this have to do with us?” Yossui forestalled anymore of Aibon’s complaints with a hand on her shoulder.

“If any escape, you will be responsible for their defeat and recapture. You will have access to the abilities of the ten original mages who trapped them in the beginning. And you will have help. Six others of your clan. Clan? Something like that. Anyway, are you still willing to go through with this?”

The response was a unanimous yes. Of course, they would do anything to have their Nono back and they had already come so far. With a final look at each of them, Madonna began the ritual.

She poured the white liquid down the length of the ashes, then turned and opened up the book. The three couldn’t see what exactly she was doing, but realized she was mixing something with her back to them. “First we must reform the body. To do that, I must ask a favor from those closest to her. Blood, from each of you.”

The three looked at each other uneasily, even more when Madonna turned with a ceremonial dagger in her hand. Finally, Rika and Yossui pushed Aibon forward, “You go first.”

“Why me?” Aibon eyed the knife fearfully.

“Because you were her closest friend.” Rika put her hands on her hips.

“Makoto was her closest friend! We just shared the apartment.” The youngest flinched when the mystic reached out and grabbed her wrist, bringing her hand closer to the dagger.

“Makoto’s not here. So you’ll have to do. Now quit being a baby and give her your finger.” Yossui patted Aibon on the head.

Squinting her eyes shut, Aibon presented her index finger to Madonna, wincing when the tip of the dagger pierced the tip of her finger. The blood dripped into the black goblet, mixing with the ingredients already there.

Stepping back behind the older girls, Aibon clutched her wounded hand, which had already stopped bleeding, like it would fall off at any moment. The other two scoffed at her, before Rika stepped forward. They watched the blade be quickly sterilized and then the process repeated.

“Ow!” Yossui laughed lightly at the tears that filled Rika’s eyes, rubbing her back and admonishing her gently.

“You guys are weak, watch this.” But when Yossui put out her hand and the dagger sliced her finger, she hissed sharply through her teeth. Then she saw the blood and swayed woozily. She got no sympathy and the other yonki laughed at her.

“So much for being tough.” Aibon pinched her arm, snapping her back into a steady position.

They laughed for a second, the seriousness of the past couple days fading. Madonna stirred the mixture in the goblet a moment, before placing it in the middle of the altar. “Now, the next thing I must ask of you is to join hands around her remains. It might sound a little cliché, but I need you to think of Nono as she was the last time you saw her alive. I will take that image and use it to recreate her body.”

The girls complied, standing on three sides of the altar with Rika at the head. They closed their eyes and thought of their friend, Aibon remembering a time Nono came to visit her in Nara and Rika and Yossui remembering her performing at the concert that night.

They didn’t hear any chanting or strange whispering and they couldn’t see the motions Madonna made in the air, the runes that appeared over Nono’s ashes, or the dark forms that escaped through the ceiling. All they could see from behind their eyelids was a bright white light.

For a while they kept their eyes closed, almost afraid of what they might see. Then a voice sent them into shock, “Ugh, my head hurts.” Nono said, blinking wearily.

----And there, I have plotted out my entire story! Can you guess what happens next?

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2006, 09:31:07 PM »
Yup, I definitely see my influence in there~! XD -waves hand at influence-

-gives influence a hardhat too <3-

I definately look forward to your future chapters, and who the rest of the mana-enhanced people are! XD

Offline Tanachan

• The Cheat~~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2006, 11:07:08 PM »
THis is going to be good. I can feel it. And the indication it's good is...*looks at author's display name*

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Puffy - Nagisa ni matsuwaru Et Cetera