JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Super Butter Dog - Rainyway

Author Topic: Justice, Death and the Fool  (Read 17914 times)

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Justic, Death and the Fool
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2006, 09:21:40 PM »
Anyone who's been around me for more than five minutes knows that I'm a very 'my pace' kind of person. My muse is very much the same way, so don't take anything personally dear...

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2006, 10:15:52 PM »
I already knew that you go at your pace, I was just messing with you, haha, sorry if feelings are stabbed by my weaponry XD

Nonetheless, good chapter, I'm thinking Rika's powers are along the lines of teleportation judging to your hints, but I'm still unsure. So you have to write more :3

-bribes you with cake- :]

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2006, 06:20:56 AM »
Quote from: rndmnwierd;255747
----For my peoples. I love and crave positive reinforcement. Like a puppy...
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...who's a goooooooooode widdle puppy-wuppy? Who the one who writes the cool widdle chapter-wapters? You are! Yes you are! Yes you are!

Damn that was too easy. :ONwahaha:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Loser87

« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2006, 05:44:00 AM »
*bump* make more chapters bum! >_O

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2006, 08:18:04 AM »
This was originally longer, but it didn't make sense so I split it into two... I love Erika...

Erika sighed, glancing again at the clock over her companion’s shoulder. Her alarm would be going off any minute now and she knew that Asami had the day off. Carefully, so as not to disturb her, Erika reached over Asami and switched the alarm off, lying back down and pressing close to the older girl’s naked back.

Nice as it was, Erika didn’t intend for the night to end up this way; she had resisted, in fact. “I can’t.” she remembered saying, pulling away from Asami’s insistent kisses, “I feel like I’m using you.”

“No commitment.” was the breathless response, “Just tonight, please.” Her pleading expression had made Erika cave in immediately.

Studying Asami’s peaceful expression, Erika realized that there really was a kind of commitment between them now, an undeniable connection that Erika just couldn’t regret. Still, it was time to get up.

Reluctantly rising, she gathered up their clothes from their scattered positions around the room, carrying them out to the washing machine. On her way to the bathroom, she snagged a towel from the closet. In twenty minutes, she was walking back into her bedroom, toweling off her hair. She noticed that Asami hadn’t stirred at all and smiled fondly.

The rest of her routine went normally, albeit very quietly, and she fed the dog, then fixed a breakfast for two, wrapping up Asami’s and placing it in the oven. Before she left, though, Erika grabbed a pen and a notepad, sitting down at the table. It felt as though she should say something before she left, even if it wasn’t really talking.

‘Good morning~!’ after a second of thought, she put a heart and a smiley face next to it, ‘I hope you slept well, I know I did, but I had to leave early today and thought you might enjoy sleeping in a little.’ once she got started, the words seemed easier to put down, ‘Breakfast is in the oven, help yourself to it. I’ll be mad if it’s still there when I get back tonight.’ She giggled and put a squee (>.<) face next to that. ‘Feel free to use my shower or even just lounge around all day, I don’t mind, just no parties.’ Another smiley face. ‘See you at work tomorrow! Erika.’ She signed her name with a flourish, doodling hearts around the border of the page.

Walking back into the bedroom, Erika placed the whole notepad next to the alarm clock on the nightstand, quickly setting the alarm to go off at nine. She rummaged around in her drawers for some clothes for Asami to wear once she’d gotten up and placed them on a chair, dragging the chair over next to the bed. Satisfied, Erika did a last check, grabbed her things, and headed out the door.

She let her thoughts wander on her way to the studio, but as soon as she stepped in the door, the luxury of silent contemplation went out the window.

-----....I love Erika....
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 08:41:50 AM by rndmnwierd »

Offline Mikan

• The Corruptor Extrodinaire
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2006, 09:26:58 AM »
And I love you random!

Read the complete Doki Doki!!

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2007, 06:21:45 AM »
Like I said, originally longer. It's really just crap now.

“So?” Yui asked loudly for the fourteenth time, getting the attention of half the cafeteria.

“Shh!” Erika shushed, slamming her glass of water gently on the table top. The entire day had been like this, Yui loudly asking her what had happened while still trying to be vague and Erika hadn’t been able to concentrate during filming, earning her two shots of Jose Pedro’s Extra Spicy Virgin Sauce and a lecture from Rika.

“Tell me!” Yui whined earning dirty looks from some of the staff.

“A lady doesn’t kiss and tell.” Erika glared, clutching her glass. The younger girl wasn’t usually this annoying, and even when she was, it didn’t usually bother Erika.

“So? What does that have to do with you?” Yui asked snottily.

“I’m not telling you anything!” Erika yelled, the water exploding out of her cup and drenching the younger girl.

Yui yowled, eyes glowing red, “Mind your temper, I could tear you apart!”

“I’d like to see you try.” Erika absently waved her hand and the water that had spilled on Yui was back in her glass and ice cold. Both girls blinked in confusion and looked at each other.

“Um…” Yui’s eyes went back to normal, “What was that?”

“I’m not sure.” Erika poked her glass experimentally.

It was silent for a little while, and then both girls got up and headed for the elevators. The ride up was quiet, until they reached their floor.

“So, you going to tell me what happened last night?”

“Maybe if you want to reenact it.”

“…”

“…”

“Okay.”

“Alright.”

---Just kinda prodding a relationship. Still not sure what I'm gonna do with it.

Offline Mikan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2007, 06:57:53 AM »
AHAHAHA!!! A re-enactment?
Oh gezz, thats funny. I wanna try that line. .. . Actually I think I have...Yep I definately have.

Feel the Doki Doki curse!! Muhahaha!!

Dont worry Spunky Muffin, it seems like its getting crap but its really not. Im happy to sit and read this because Im entertained! If I hated it or was bored, i'd stop. Trust me I have done it before. I like hearing about the girls with special abilities. Its kinda new and you write it in the way I wanna hear about it so its a win win :D WOW! This is like my private thread! Hahaha, sorry Im going a little weird. I just woke up.

Offline Tanachan

• The Cheat~~~~
  • Member+
  • Currently Attending Reina's "Erebeta Pati"
« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2007, 07:54:52 AM »
Whoo~! I haven't read in a while. OOOOH~ Erika cheating on Asami with Yui...

*Rika from OCG steps in* *slaps Erika* MINE~
If Helen Keller falls in the woods and no one is around, does she make a sound?

Official [WHOA] member, master and commander of the Tokunaga Chinami branch.

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2007, 01:50:18 AM »
Scary Rika, ergh. *shivers*
Spunky Muffin, eh? I like that...

It was as everyone was leaving that Nono was assaulted by the voices in her head again. It was exactly like the last time and the feelings caused her to freeze with one hand on the door that led outside. This behavior did not go unnoticed, mostly because her sudden stop caused everyone behind her to bump into each other.

“What gives?” Reina called from somewhere in the back. No one bothered to answer the slightly upset yanki.

Understanding settled in the ones that could see the now familiar blank look on Nono’s face, and they followed her without question. Once she got moving again, Nono walked calmly out onto the curb and hailed a taxi, piling into it and not closing the door. Aibon immediately followed, grabbing Reina’s arm and Yui’s hand and dragging them into the bowels of the cab.

Erika, seeing that the back was full, opened the passenger side door and climbed in, smiling pleasantly at the driver.

“Where to, ladies?” The driver gave what he must have thought of as a charming grin, honestly disgusting everyone but Nono, who ignored the look and said something in perfectly unaccented English. The driver quailed, “°I no speak Egrish.°”

Everyone in the backseat turned to Nono and blinked in surprise. What the hell were those voices saying to her? “She was asking if you could take us somewhere.” Erika translated. The surprised blinks moved to her.

“Oh, of course.” the cabbie, minus nasty smirk, followed Erika’s translated instructions, while an uncomfortable silence settled into the back of the taxi.

It seemed like forever before the cab pulled up in front of yet another burned out husk of a building, this fire looking recent. The four story apartment building was still slightly smoking and the blown out windows cried in pain. After paying the cabbie, the girls slowly piled out of the vehicle and stood in a line, standing in awe of the sight before them.

“Do we have to go in?” Yui whimpered, ears flattening against her head.

“You know we do.” Nono sighed, snapped from whatever trance she was in.

They stood gathering their courage for another minute, before Erika walked cautiously up to the steel front door, examining the smoke damage around the edges. Hesitantly, she placed the back of her hand against the door, hissing slightly when the cold of her hand meeting the hot door produced a sizzling sound.

“Guess we’re not going in that way.” Aibon raised an eyebrow; sighing onto Erika’s wounded hand and watching it heal.

“Oh yeah?” Reina sized up the door as if it had done her a personal wrong, and then stomped on the center of the door. The metal gave a twisting shout before it imploded inwards. Reina stood back with a smirk and gestured Nono inside.

“Or you could do that.” Aibon mumbled and followed her lover into the dank depths of the lobby.

“I can’t see a thing.” Nono peered into a windowless side hallway, unable to tell how far back it went.

“I can.” Yui stepped forward, unconsciously taking a half crouching position, “It’s a short walk to the stairs. I think the fire started near here, it’s much more warped than the other hallway, almost as if the walls started melting.” The other girls allowed Yui to take the lead, following behind her slowly.

Erika, being slightly without powers, was last in line. She passed by a hole in the wall and peered inside seeing a blown out window and nothing more. There was no sign that anything had previously occupied the room, the fire being so hot that everything had simply disintegrated. Erika shivered, moving on.

Peering into the dimly lit stairway, Yui strained her ears to pick up any slight noise. After a few seconds, she cautiously crept through the doorway, sensing the others follow closely behind her. The smell of burn overwhelmed her sensitive nose and the blackened walls made the light filtering in through the tiny, randomly placed windows all the more precious. Quietly, they all crept up the stairs.

The uneventful trip set everyone’s nerves on edge and by the time the group reached the top floor, they were all practically bouncing with tension. “How do we know where he is?” Reina whispered, making everyone jump.

The thought made everyone pause. They hadn’t even checked the other floors. “Well, fire moves up.” Nono suggested.

“Yeah, that sounds good.” “That’s about right.” And so Yui pushed open the door to the top floor and the group was blown backwards by a huge explosion.

----Now to write who survives... Maybe I should just kill- *covers mouth* hmm...

Offline Blizzard

• 雪の天使
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2007, 04:27:11 AM »
Well, you can't kill Nono, because then you wouldn't have a purpose for the story.  It'd be funny in an ironic sort of way though. :twisted:  Otherwise, I'm not sure.  Maybe one of them is fireproof, or like a human torch type thing. :fire:   If not, Aibon's going to have a lot of work to do!

Offline Kitara

« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2007, 04:35:20 AM »
Lol, Nono can't die again...*mumble* well I suppose she could, but then...*mumble*

I love the story, keep up the good work ^__^

Offline Tanachan

• The Cheat~~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2007, 06:00:42 AM »
O.O Three words...

I WANT MORE OF THIS! This fic is just...amazing

Offline Mikan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2007, 06:14:48 AM »
Oh oh oh!! Kill me Kill me!!

The explosion burst into the hallway like a bat out of hell. Flames crawled across the walls, moving at great speed past the gifted girls and onto their real target - Mikan (who was stalking them at the time)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2007, 08:19:22 AM »
Quote from: Tanachan;274616
O.O Three words...

I WANT MORE OF THIS!
But that's 5 words. :P

Offline Tanachan

• The Cheat~~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2007, 09:19:51 PM »
I added the "of this" without changing the "Three".

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2007, 03:48:59 AM »
^ XD good job

Offline Snoopy

« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2007, 03:52:19 AM »
i do not want nobody to die :cry:
but if they die and come back again
then thats ok XD

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2007, 08:47:45 AM »
OMG it's an update?

Erika awoke to the feeling of being repeatedly kicked in the ribs. Being slightly uncomfortable with the sensation, she swatted at the offending object, finding it to be a leg. Grabbing the leg, and assuming it to be attached to a person, Erika gave a yank and heard a thud and an ‘ow!’ as a body landed next to her.

“Easy with the goods!” Yui shouted from her new place on the floor, looking none too happy. Her displeasure was ignored.

Erika sat up slowly, groaning when she felt a sharp pain in her back, “What happened?” She considered the blood smeared across Yui’s face, “Is that your blood?”

“Yeah.” The younger girl gave a fanged grin and Erika noted that she seemed a little more animal like, “Aibon healed me.” Yui motioned over to where the healer was sitting and cradling Nono’s head next to them at the bottom of the stairs, “Me and Nono took the worst of the explosion. Outwardly, we’re both fine, but my ribs have been aching and Nono just won’t wake up. I don’t think Aibon has complete control over her power yet.”

“Well, if she uses her breath to heal, then the injuries must be somewhere her breath can’t reach.” Erika slowly deduced, mind struggling to come to grips about the whole power thing.

“Yeah smart one, that’s what I said.” Yui glowered playfully, helping Erika to her feet, “We should find some way to help Reina, now, she can’t hold the door forever.”

Speaking of the young yankee, Erika now realized that she was standing in front of the door at the top of the stairs, holding the end of a broken railing against the glowing red metal door. Even from twenty feet away, Erika could feel the heat radiating from behind the barricade.

Cautiously making her way up the steps, Erika felt an unexpected surge of power inside her, cooling her against the heat. An unfamiliar soothing presence entered her mind and whispered directly into her brain, guiding her body into a series of unconscious gestures. At the ends of her fingers, Erika felt something gather and build in strength, an unseen force connected with her soul and the soul of the person guiding her.

Suddenly, the energy in her hands released and water burst from the pipes in the walls, shooting straight towards the super heated door. With an angry hiss and a cloud of cool steam, the metal returned to its normal color. Erika opened her eyes and stared up into the shocked and worried faces of two of her fellow Rabbits.

“What?” she asked, rising from the ground, “You never seen water before?” Yui laughed and Reina shook her head, “Go ahead, give the door a kick.” Erika gestured at said door.

“Um, what about the fire guy behind it? He’ll roast us!” Reina waved her hands around urgently, denting the concrete wall by accident.

“Let me deal with him.” The walls rumbled as water rushed down the pipes and gathered around Erika, “Just kick and dive away.”

“Easier said than done.” Reina grumbled, taking a position just in front of the door. Yui wisely stood back, standing guard next to Aibon at the bottom of the stairs.

Reina took a deep breath and signaled with her hands that the count down would start at three. After a second, she lowered her ring finger, signaling two, then she closed her hand into a fist, skipping one, and gave a mighty kick to the abused door, using the momentum to somersault backwards over Erika’s head and landing on the step behind her. Reina fell on her bottom and tumbled the rest of the way down to the landing below.

As soon as the door flew inwards, Erika let fly half of the water floating around her, replenishing it immediately. A split second later, she heard the water destroy a window on the other side of the corridor now open in front of her. Slowly, she made her way into the hall, crouching a little to be ready to spring aside.

It was obvious that the Dark One was planning an ambush, but Erika had no choice but to find it and engage it in mortal kombat. At the last thought, Erika vowed never to watch another subbed American movie again. The first door she came to on her left was jammed shut. The same was true for the next door on her right and the second door on her left. The second door on her right hummed with energy as she drew closer and that’s when Erika recognized the decoy.

Except it wasn’t Erika who pointed out the trap, it was the person in her head that warned of the danger. He also indicated that she could use the water to gain eyes in the next room. A little bit of the water swarming around her leg crept under the door and suddenly, Erika wasn’t looking at the door in front of her anymore, she was staring right at a huge fireball. There was nothing else in sight.

A noise from behind her alerted the presence that the trap was sprung, but it was too late. Erika screamed as something as hard as stone scorched through her shirt and into the skin of her back. She hit the ground in a roll, turning and shooting a blast of water at where the attack had come from, a man made of pure flames. The fire creature had moved, darting around so that he was behind her again and sending another fireball in her direction.

Erika was faster, using the water around her feet to springboard her into the air and over the fireball. She twisted in mid air and shot another water projectile at the creature. It hit its mark, but the creature just shrugged it off. Erika was honestly scared now, and the fact that the presence in her head was currently at a loss didn’t help.

As she landed, Erika took off for the stairwell, hoping that she could find a little help. The creature was suddenly in front of her, though, and it howled, fire springing from its body towards Erika. Instinctively, she raised her arms and was encased in a shield of water. The attack sizzled off her tomb, as a sudden idea came to her head.

A flick of her wrist had the pipes bursting around the two combatants and water quickly flooded around them. Another hand motion formed the flowing drops into a solid sheet of wall. The creature realized what was about to happen, but found his path blocked when he turned to flee. With a cruel smirk, Erika enclosed the Dark One in the water shield and slammed the walls together.

The creature gave an unholy shriek as the water steamed around his body, slowly freezing and suffocating him. Something told Erika that this wouldn’t be enough to kill him though. The presence in her mind gently took the control of her body from her, effortlessly switching their places, and Erika watched as her body was entombed in the water shield with the creature.

Suddenly, she and the Dark One were slammed together and Erika screamed in excruciating pain as the flames licked her skin before moving inside her body. The heat was unbearable and she fell to the ground, stilling screaming and gasping for breath. The cool water raining down around her did nothing to squelch the burning of her insides and she noticed nothing except for the pain. Thankfully, her mind was overwhelmed and she faded into a peace less slumber.

----Hmm, okay Mikan, you want to die in my story? I'll think up a properly gruesome death for you.

Offline Blizzard

• 雪の天使
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2007, 01:36:57 AM »
Wow. Intense!  Erika was totally kicking ass!  I don't think she's dead, because I doubt you'd kill off your favorite.  Does that mean she absorbed the monster like Tsuji did the earlier one?  I can't wait to see what happens in the next chapter!  Glad to see that you're updating again too! :tfr9a7wg:  I hope the writer's block has left you for the time being.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Super Butter Dog - Rainyway