JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girls` Generation - Lost In Love

Author Topic: Visit Korea  (Read 2586 times)

Offline mrhomiec

• ecchi
  • Member+
Visit Korea
« on: March 16, 2012, 05:26:23 AM »
has anyone here ever been to Seoul?

i'm going pretty soon, and i'm wondering about trying to attend the music station shows. i read from another site that all you have to do is show up before the recording, and they let you in on a first come first serve basis.

Offline Odango

• 。♥Super。Cutie♥。
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 2NE1
Re: Visit Korea
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 05:46:47 AM »
I went to Music Core before for SNSD when they had their debut performance for RDR. If you want to be in the general audience, then it is on a first come first serve basis, and they usually start lining up around 12pm. If you are going for a specific artist, like I did with SNSD, you get to attend both their rehearsal/pre-recording, as well as the live show. However, they're recorded at different times, and for the more popular artists (SNSD, Big Bang, etc) they usually start lining up around 7.  Look for the person in charge of the group and ask if there is a list so that they can add your name for the artist. Usually the group lines are handled by the fan clubs and they're super organized. In order to attend a taping for the group you usually -at least- have to have their current album or single they're promoting. For SNSD we had to have that as well as their song on our phone and their image as our phone's background. I think that was because it was their first performance of the song though.

As for the shows, Music Core does not allow you to record the shows. They will actually take you camera from you and delete any and all footage. I remember Inkigayo and Music Bank allowed you to before, I don't know if it's the same now though. You can always check though.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask~

♥... soundclick ...  ♥ ... youtube ...  ♥
she isnt in this poll but I would like to make it known that I vote Odango for Ultimate Cutest  :theking

Offline mrhomiec

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 07:31:51 AM »
so many questions!

like, where are the places to go? the thing is, i'm gonna be there for just over a week, but i don't want to spend too much time in line.

and basically, to be prepared, have a bunch of pictures on my phone to set as any group's background image? lol.

i want to attend the whole show, because it's not just one group i want to see. like Big Bang, SHINee, MBLAQ (maybe), Miss A, B1A4, Nine Muses, are all promoting right now.

Offline Odango

• 。♥Super。Cutie♥。
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 2NE1
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 02:06:07 AM »
As for the places addresses I can't remember exactly. But they're filmed at the main offices of MBC, KBS, etc. I'm pretty sure they're online somewhere.

I would only have a bunch of the artist's pictures on your phone only if you want to be seated for a specific rehearsal. If you want just the main show it's first come first serve. The show I went to had a general audience line forming around noon and the show started at 4:35 I think. If you want to sleep in or want to do something else early morning and don't mind missing out on the rehearsals and pre-recording's than feel free to skip. My friend and I just really wanted to see SNSD so we waited in line at 7, saw them, were excused and then waited in the other line. So we still saw both the rehearsal and the whole show.

♥... soundclick ...  ♥ ... youtube ...  ♥
she isnt in this poll but I would like to make it known that I vote Odango for Ultimate Cutest  :theking

Offline mrhomiec

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 09:55:21 PM »
thank you so much! you've been so helpful.

one last question. so would noon be a pretty good time for each show to try and attend them?

and with cameras, since i'm technically a tourist, i'll have my camera with me. would it be alright to go in with it, but not use it then?

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 03:49:01 AM »
I lived there for 2 years here's my blog of my time there
http://thunderduck13.livejournal.com/

Offline mrhomiec

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 10:45:52 AM »
finally settled back in the states. i was not able to attend Inkigayo. they said i needed to register for a ticket on their website. i also tried to attend group specific performances, but i was told it was only for fan members only.

if it wasn't so cold and really windy that day, i would have tried other means to attend.

oh well, next time i guess.

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girls` Generation - Lost In Love