JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Country Musume ni Ishikawa Rika - Iroppoi Onna ~Sexy Baby~

Author Topic: Best Hello! Project singles of 2012  (Read 5997 times)

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
Best Hello! Project singles of 2012
« on: December 27, 2012, 12:35:44 AM »
What were your favorite H!P (and related) singles from 2012?

We saw plenty of awesome releases this year, so choose wisely!

Feel free to PM me or a moderator if you think something's missing!
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline dj-anon

Re: Best Hello! Project singles of 2012
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 01:01:58 AM »
Oh uh oh shinning... Batta Furai♪

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 04:23:47 AM »
1. One Two Three/The Matenrou Show
There's good reason this was Morning Musume's best-selling single in the last 9 or 10 years. One Two Three is just awesome!

2. Dokidoki Baby/Tasogare Kousaten
Both music videos were quite good, and I felt they represented Erina's fun and mature sides nicely.

3. PyocoPyoco Ultra
Screw what everyone else says, I LIKE IT DAMMIT.  Even the yellow chick costumes. ESPECIALLY the yellow chick costumes.

4. Koko Kara Hajimarunda!
This was playing all over Anime Weekend Atlanta, and as a result has some great memories associated with it.

5. Next My Self
I had a hard time picking #5, but I eventually had to go with this. The music video made me tear up a few times.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 06:07:18 AM »
1. One Two Three/The Matenrou Show
There's good reason this was Morning Musume's best-selling single in the last 9 or 10 years. One Two Three is just awesome!

TMS is just awesome!!!

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 07:12:28 AM »
Too many good songs to pick! :panic:

There are some that I really, REALLY wanted to vote for. "Song for the Date" has become one of my all-time favorite Mano songs and comes with a surprisingly deep and meaningful music video. "Cat's Eye" was a pretty good remake of a cheesy '80s anime theme, had everyone looking good in the tight black outfits, and featured an awesome breakdown rap by MC Shimizu. I love the steady midtempo beat of "Samui ne", "Shining Butterfly" showed that the old crew can still hang, and "Renai Hunter" was memorable with that kickass intro and for marking the end of an era (also: CRABDANCE).

Alas, I made this poll to only accept 5 votes (just to keep consistent with last year's poll), so here are my picks in no particular order:
One Two Three / The Matenrou Show
This track's the Indian dance that brought Morning Musume's reign/rain back! At least for now. The hard-hitting funk/hip-hop groove, elaborate dance routine, and an overall big sound that can pump up a crowd...hearing that synth organ intro still gives me chills on occasion. "The Matenrou Show" is also pretty good, showing that H!P and disco still work well together. What a way to celebrate a milestone! Well-deserving of being the biggest-selling single in ten years.

Wakuteka Take a Chance
Another banger with a somewhat similar sound to its predecessor; I sometimes find myself unable to decide if I like this one more. The arrangement has a bit more variety to it and the electronic vocal effects aren't as overbearing, but being a follow-up means not having the same impact. Still, it joins "One Two Three" on my list of recent Momusu songs good enough to be mentioned with my all-time favorites.

Cha Cha Sing
The original Thai song is catchy as hell, and this Japanese remake is no different, fitting in well with Berryz Kobo's reputation for crazy silliness. The b-sides are also memorable: despite my initial disappointment with it, "Loving You Too Much" is also fun to listen to, especially with the crazy rapping from Captain and Miya...and of course Momochi's workout song is hilarious. :lol:

Want!
Speaking of initial disappointment, I went from "not sure if want" based on a radio preview to "DO WANT" after hearing the whole thing, and it's now one of my favorite all-time Berryz songs, easily winning me over with the high-energy synths and funky rhythms. The girls looked pretty damn sexy in the video, and for a short while Risako wasn't my least favorite Berryz member, rocking that red hair and high ponytail like a boss (she's back to "normal" now, sadly).

Cho Happy Song
The end result of some very clever songwriting and marketing on Tsunku's part. I can't help but feel happy myself when listening to this, especially with the buzz surrounding it happening around the same time as my New Jersey trip; Berryz themselves were surprised when we attempted to sing C-ute's half of the song as they performed their half on stage. An excellent way to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the Hello Project Kids.

Looking back, it's been a great year to be a Hello Project fan. :twothumbs
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 10:26:35 AM by J-Triumf »
ねぇ、笑って?

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 03:13:24 PM »
Holy karp I have been lazy this year. Half of these songs I've only listened to once, when their MVs came out. Uh oh.

Morning Musume - "Renai Hunter" - Starter of the new series of cool MM singles, albeit my least favourite out of the three that came out this year.
Morning Musume - "One Two Three" / "The Matenrou Show" - It's just AHHHWWESOOOME!!
Morning Musume - "Wakuteka Take a Chance" - Awesome like One Two Three, bonus points for being such a complex track. The bridge leading up to the chorus alone can be split to four parts LOL. It just changes, changes, then changes again. I find it impossible to get bored listening to it xD
S/mileage - "Chotomate Kudasai!" - Stupidly catchy, I will never again be able to ask someone to hold on a sec without thinking about this.
Berryz Kobo & C-ute - "Cho Happy Song" - Gave me a warm feeling, man.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline TommyVD

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 01:27:16 PM »
If anyone wants a glimpse at what the Japanese fanbase (1864 fans) thought to be the best song of the year, midnightzx at H!O gives an overview
Link: http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?/topic/5450-morning-musume-%E3%83%A2%E3%83%BC%E3%83%8B%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0%E5%A8%98%E3%80%82/page__st__17400#entry1610745

The 2012 Hello Project Fan Award has just completed and this are the results for the Top 5

1. Hatsukoi Cider - Buono
2. 1.2.3 - Morning Musume
3. Loving you too Much - Berryz Koubou
4. Kanashiki Heaven - C-ute
5. Please Miniskirt Postman - Smileage

There are actually 100 songs ranks but I'm not too keen to put it up

http://www.esrp2.jp/hpma/2012/comment/song/001-003.html

http://www.esrp2.jp/...ng/001-003.html

Funny story : When 1.2.3 was announced at 2nd place, the attendants at the event erupted in anger/shock. 2 extra votes could have put 1.2.3 to the top.

This year H!P Fan Award was a huge success, Record number of votes with general consensus that H!P 2012 output was incredibly strong. the hashtag hpma2012 briefly trended on twitter.

You are free to post this anywhere else

If you want to go into the nitty gritty, 910percent has you covered with an extensive list: https://www.facebook.com/910percent

Previous years results for comparison.

H!P Song Award 2008 Morning Musume「リゾナント ブルー」
H!P Song Award 2009 BerryzKobo「Rival」
H!P Song Award 2010 ℃-ute「Dance de Bakoon!」
H!P Song Award 2011 Smileage 「UchoutenLOVE」

As for me, I enjoyed a lot of H!P's output (and other Tsunku projects like Akihabara Backstage Pass & Naabodofu@nana) this year, however #1 is no contest: Morning Musume - "One Two Three" / "The Matenrou Show"
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 01:37:11 PM by TommyVD »

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 09:48:09 PM »
So...I totally forgot that Rika and Yossy had a new single this past year. :nervous I added it in now; I hope anyone who already voted doesn't hate me for forgetting (unless there's a way to re-enable vote changing).
ねぇ、笑って?

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 03:32:43 AM »
wakuteka take a chance - i like this one just a little bit more than one, two three (but that's also a great song)...

aitai aitai aitai na - really high energy and  i like the dance routine  :drool:

cat's eye - even tho i've seen the anime i didn't realize that it was a cover of the original theme...i think they went overboard with the auto-tune (they all sounded like maimai lol) but  captain's rap was pretty cool...overall a great single imo

want! - my berryz fanboyism aside, i immediately liked this one. of course i prefer the electonica/techno-ey songs and this fits the bill. and of course the outfits are awesome as is the dance routine (they even pop lock & drop it  XD )

up up girls - survival girl --- has a bit of a dubsteppy feel but not cheesy dubstep (i saw a youtube comment that referred to it as 'dubstep done right')...i admit that i'm still not all that familiar with them yet but this song is increasing my interest in them...high energy

i'm hoping that 2013 will continue the streak  :twothumbs

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Country Musume ni Ishikawa Rika - Iroppoi Onna ~Sexy Baby~