JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: School Food Punishment - Close, Down, Back To

Author Topic: What Anime Are You Watching Now?  (Read 160978 times)

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Re: What Anime Are You Watching Now?
« Reply #780 on: April 18, 2014, 02:46:27 AM »
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - like winner, I watched the old OAVs but it felt unfinished and I also want to see it done using the same animation as the previous arcs' shows .
Captain Earth - need some mecha fix after GBF ended. I like the designs and the animation is pretty crisp
Haikyuu!! - seems like the typical sports anime rivalry theme but it's pretty good. Gotta support the little guy
Daimidaler - mech designs are meh but the pilot needs to fondle boobs to power it up :) and the bad guys are penguins with their tails located at the crotch :lol:

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #781 on: April 25, 2014, 04:03:23 AM »
That game of not-chess in No Game No Life ep3 was so many levels of crazy. :heart:

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #782 on: June 02, 2014, 05:35:47 PM »
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei/The Irregular at Magic High School. Planned on just watching 1-2 eps. tonight. Now I'm on episode 7  :lol:

At least I've got another show to look forward to now that Nisekoi has ended. XD

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #783 on: July 06, 2014, 06:08:59 AM »
Sword Art Online II - Hope it's an improvement over the first season, specifically the second half. *shivers*
Sailor Moon Crystal - Nostalgia levels through the roof.  :panic:
Sailor Moon - So happy the whole series is getting remastered with updated subtitles.  :twothumbs  Still have yet seen Sailor Stars. Looking forward to that.
Mobile Suit Gundam - Since I'm back on a gunpla building fix again why not watch the series that started it all.

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #784 on: July 13, 2014, 07:03:34 AM »
Akame ga Kill and Sailor Moon Crystal :lol:

Offline Pauekn

• Kyuuto no tenshi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #785 on: July 22, 2014, 01:04:25 AM »

I know I will follow Akame ga Kill and Tokyo Ghoul to the end. I will probably also follow SAO II to the end (but mostly because one of my friends is a big fan), but right now I am also following a few others (I'm interested in seeing how Gekkan Soujo will turn out)! :)
It's Airi time, bitches!

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #786 on: August 29, 2014, 07:47:33 PM »
Doing a rewatch of one of my fave series "Comic Party", also re-reading the mangas at the same time.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #787 on: September 05, 2014, 03:11:35 AM »
Finished that^, such a terrific series though could have used one more episode, just curious what happened at the X-Mas Comi-Pa.
Now on to Lucky Star, have actually had this DVD set for a few years but for some reason had never started on it, up to episode4, kind of silly and plotless but so far enjoyable.

Offline ApplePeach

• ecchi
« Reply #788 on: September 06, 2014, 01:26:48 AM »
Might start rewatching Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood again, that one is seriously so good.

Probably go through my favorite fantasy animes again when I have time.

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #789 on: September 14, 2014, 11:46:08 PM »
Kill la Kill: I was hesitant at first about watching this anime. Then I heard the staff included people who worked on Gurren Lagann. Instantly watch the first 4 episodes back to back.  :lol:

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #790 on: September 19, 2014, 07:55:50 PM »
I watched this as a kid but I never saw how it ended. It holds up really well  :)

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #791 on: September 20, 2014, 08:11:50 PM »
just starting Kill La Kill

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #792 on: September 21, 2014, 02:19:42 AM »
^ Just finished Kill la Kill.  :D

Almost done with Tokyo Ghoul. Wish I had watch this earlier. Would've like to cosplay the main character for NY Comic Con.  :(

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #793 on: September 25, 2014, 07:29:03 AM »
Man. Aldnoah Zero's last episode was just... Wow!~  :panic: :heart:

recap (spoilers!!!):
1. Its actually the bad guy's robot that does the cool giant robo merge. And as if their tech wasn't cheat-code OP enough, his mech gets all the powers of the past baddies. Like he was able to bring down the Deucalion even without that. The hero taking it down one weakness at a time was like an adrenalin rush. so cool.

2. Slaine, a Terran, turning on one of the aldnoah drive mechs. Basically laying lines for the next season's story. If it ain't powered up by DNA, then what? Will he turn into the hero next season? or end boss? or both?! so many possibilities.

3. Slaine saving Saazbaum from Inaho, inadvertently letting Saazbaum kill Princess Asseylum. The one thing he's trying to protect. Not that surprising, but so sad. Slaine practically goes nuts after this and kills Saazbaum (who looks like he hasn't slept for 3 weeks).

4. Then the scene I really liked. Inaho, who is heavily injured from the mecha battle, slowly crawling to the dead Princess Asseylum. Slaine telling "Orange"* to get the F*** away from her. Inaho turning his head around and saying "Bat". Inaho turns back to the princess and quickly turns around again with a gun, and gets shot instantly by Slaine.
First. The main heroine and hero both get killed. Shiiiii! Second, in most mecha shows these 2 guys would be so buddybuddy by season 2. None of that shit here. Instead we get Inaho who is always composed and quick at assessing everything, mark Slaine as an enemy both times they meet. He also smiles for like the first time in the entire season, pretty much aware he's gonna die. And Slaine pretty much nuts by the princess's death, and blaming everybody for it.

* This being the first time they meet in person. Inaho only knowing Slaine from a previous battle. Where Slaine nicknamed Inaho "Orange" cos Inaho's training mecha was orange colored. And Inaho calling Slaine "Bat" from the black carrier jet he was piloting.

5. All that dying. Probably a nice ending song to alleviate it. NOT!
Just the end credits with the sound of an icy cold wind. Further pushing what just happened.

6. Another season coming in 2015. Nice. And noting Asseylum's whereabouts were unknown. So Slaine must've took her. Could she have survived that many shots? Many some high tech stuff to get her back in some form. Not that I really care, but hey more possibilities.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #794 on: October 01, 2014, 04:09:24 AM »
Lost count on may how many rewatches I've done for this series. :oops:

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #795 on: October 18, 2014, 04:44:41 AM »
Cross Ange - mech + harem seems to be a combi that works
Fate Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works
Gundam Build Fighters Try - The song really matches and hypes up the op sequence so hard, I'm not sure how many times I've watched it already lol Domon Kasshu!!! :O

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #796 on: October 20, 2014, 06:06:30 AM »
I'm watching Gundam Try too. :)

Haven't checked out any of the other new shows yet. Too busy doing a marathon re-watch of Dragon Ball GT. :P
Will be checking the reviews today at ANN so I have a basic idea of the themes. Better to thin out the bunch before I dive in.

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #797 on: October 20, 2014, 10:39:55 AM »
Third for Gundam Build Fighters Try.  :lol:

Also checked out Gundam G no Reconguista. Minor spoiler alert: Now I know what mobile suit pilots do when they have to go to the bathroom. Cannot unseen. Thanks a lot, Tomino.  :thumbdown:

Need to catch up and finish the first season of Sailor Moon on Hulu before Sailor Moon R is shown. Too bad I didn't get to see the first 23 episodes of the new dub before they were removed on Hulu.  :(

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #798 on: November 01, 2014, 01:27:25 PM »
Catching up. :)

must-watch:
Nanatsu no Taizai
Fate/stay night UBW
Log Horizon 2
Akame ga Kill!

good:
Sword Art Online II
Cross Ange

its kinda boring, but its good so still watching: :P
Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen
Amagi Brilliant Park
Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
Terra Formars
Selector Spread WIXOSS

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #799 on: February 15, 2015, 07:01:37 PM »
Between watching Hellsing OVA and Kill La Kill (again)

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: School Food Punishment - Close, Down, Back To