JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: ABCHO - Kuusou-Discotheque (nonSectRadicals Extended Chop Ver.)

Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 485315 times)

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
Re: Tech-related problems
« Reply #2420 on: September 12, 2010, 10:24:39 AM »
My iTunes music files are kind of scattered everywhere on my computer. Some are on my D: drive, others my main C: one, etc.

Is there anyway for me to just put them all in one place (preferably my back up D: one because it has the most space) without having to tediously re-copy and re-move every single file?

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #2421 on: September 12, 2010, 10:32:02 PM »
It sounds like you want to do this:

Step 1: go to Preferences.

Step 2: make sure your media folder is where you want your stuff to be. (Advanced tab)

Step 3: click "Organize Library"

Step 4: select "Consolidate Library" and hit OK

This should put copies of everything in your library into the folder you specified in step 2.
All your original files should also be where you kept them.

The second option in step 4 will also keep everything in that folder automatically organized.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Maikeru86

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2422 on: September 13, 2010, 02:07:24 AM »
I'm planning on getting a USB hub (Belkin USB 2.0 4-Port Ultra Mini Hub F5U407). I have 2 completely identical (Western Digital My Book Essential External Hard Drives) that I plan on connecting to the USB hub. Both Hard Drives have the same gigabyte capacity and are the same model which makes me question whether the computer/USBHub would be able to differentiate between the 2 if they both were connected at the same time. Would it cause a conflict to connect 2 completely identical hard drives to a USB hub? I think I remember reading somewhere that having 2 of the same model hard drives connected at the same time could mess 1 of them up. Just want to know if there is any truth to that. Also the (Belkin USB 2.0 4-Port Ultra Mini Hub F5U407) doesn't have a power supply/power adapter, so would my (Western Digital My Book Essential External Hard Drives) work with this particular USB hub?  :?

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #2423 on: September 13, 2010, 04:26:18 AM »
Never heard of problems with the system differentiating between two identical drives, but if you give them different labels, it should be easy for you to.

If the port you're plugging the hub into is powered, it should work, but if it uses two ports for power, it probably won't.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2424 on: September 13, 2010, 07:08:53 PM »
^^ Each USB port has its own ID anyway, and the drives will even have different serial numbers (although most of the time you will not use those)
Just make sure you label them one-by-one so you do not confuse yourself :)

WD MyBook Essentials are 3.5" drives? Those you connect to there own power supply.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #2425 on: September 20, 2010, 10:43:58 AM »
My phone is a Nokia E63.

I want to delete my internet browsing history and I tried doing it the manual way (clearing the cache, cookies, history, etc.) but it still won't delete and recent pages I've been to automatically show up whenever I want to type in a new URL.

Is there an alternative way to fix this?

Offline NSFW

• Wota Resistance
  • 101st Moe Infantry Regiment
« Reply #2426 on: September 21, 2010, 02:27:35 AM »

do a soft reset after clearing . . remove sim + mmc + battery . . then reinsert after 30secs  :)

if it doesn't work either . . then you should try hard reset (acthung! reformats phones clears phone memory images and applications so backup first)

key in *#7370# then your security code . .

Offline AmberSan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Always タカガキ L-O-V-E
« Reply #2427 on: September 21, 2010, 07:45:37 PM »
Recently,when i tried to enter a Wordpress blog, there was this message instead :

Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress.

what does that mean, and what can i do about it?

btw the site is: http://journal.akb48.org/

Offline mske

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • passive_user123
« Reply #2428 on: September 24, 2010, 03:20:50 PM »
Checking a 2TB drive on USB 2.0 (max transferrate 25-30MB/s) takes a few hours :)
eSATA enclosures like this one have better performance
new posts on this forum can be followed using page http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=recent, which registered users can filter with Ignore Boards Options http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=profile;area=ignoreboards

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2429 on: September 24, 2010, 07:25:20 PM »
Checking a 2TB drive on USB 2.0 (max transferrate 25-30MB/s) takes a few hours :)
eSATA enclosures like this one have better performance
I buy them complete in a box, its just a tad more then bare disks these days.
More USB3.0 versions should come out soon.
I also have adapters like these:

They come with eSATA options.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2430 on: September 29, 2010, 01:58:58 AM »
I have a ipod touch 4,  I had an Apple ID before and bought some apps.  I signed on itunes, then "check for available downloads" but cannot find that apps.  I do not want to repurchase it.  what do I do? 

also, how do I deauthorize a computer?  I have 3 of 5, but the first 2 I need to delete, but I don't have access to those anymore, either I rebooted the computer or it's no longer in my possession.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2431 on: October 30, 2010, 11:34:01 PM »
NEW POST!

I have a Thermaltake Black Widow Dual Hard Drives Docking Station.  I used one of my HARD DRIVE laying around as a storage place.  when I disconnect the usb then connect again later, I cannot access my hd without reformatting, losing all files in the process. 
My question is, is this normal? 
I thought the purpose of External Enclosure (docking station), is to use internal hd like an external hd. 
Is something wrong or is that the way it works? My guess is the hd i'm using. 

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #2432 on: November 01, 2010, 09:43:16 AM »
This tends to pop up whenever I transfer large video files from my C: drive, to my back up D: drive.

Anyone know what's causing this? And maybe how I can fix it? If it helps, I recently tried disabling the Dr Watson Postmortem Debugger thing that pops up when I do transfetring and it seemed to work until earlier, even if the changed settings are the same (I changed the value to "0", etc. after running regedit).

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2433 on: November 01, 2010, 06:32:51 PM »
^ Sounds like the explorer has a problem with one of the codecs, it has a tendency to try to display/create a thumbnail and when that fails I have seen things like this.
(indexing of the drive seems to have the same kind of problems)

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2434 on: November 02, 2010, 05:01:01 AM »
I learn that I can import my existing playlist to iTunes to sync on ipod/iphone.  But I can't seem to import a playlist.  Everytime I try, the itunes stop working and needs to close the program. 
It's not like I can't import playlists, since I did successfully with one.  Does it have to do with file format? or perhaps file name?  Some songs in the playlist are in Japanese characters, katakana,hiragana, kanji.
Can anyone help?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 03:03:32 PM by BigDnm01 »

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #2435 on: November 15, 2010, 05:43:24 PM »
There was an update for iTunes today, so I went for it.

But now, whenever I want to convert an mpeg/mp3 file into AAC, the program suddenly crashes. Anyone know what to do? Should I "downgrade" it back to the previous version, and how?

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #2436 on: November 17, 2010, 07:11:07 AM »
Ok, so I tried the downgrading thing myself, but I had more problems to make a long story short.

Does anyone just know a free mp3 to AAC converter I can download?

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #2437 on: November 17, 2010, 07:59:09 AM »
Firstly you need this http://ftp6.nero.com/tools/NeroAACCodec-1.5.1.zip

Then you can use foobar2000 http://www.foobar2000.org/download

You just load the file into foobar, rightclick it and choose convert > ...
Then it will ask you what format etc choose aac then click ok and it will ask you where the aac encoder is just browse to where you extracted the NeroAACCodec.zip and it should be good to go.

Offline Jsx

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • mmmm......
« Reply #2438 on: November 19, 2010, 09:33:20 AM »
Hi, i have abit of a tech question rather than a tech problem. Since I've been living in Korea for 2 years (I'm originally from UK).

I normally see posters with the new barcode on it, e.g. . I wonder what is that for? why is there a barcode on posters or pictures, what does that serve and how can people use it?

sorry if this isnt the right place to put it, but it's been rattling my brain since i got back home and seeing it a few times in Korea.

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2439 on: November 19, 2010, 12:48:03 PM »
Hi, i have abit of a tech question rather than a tech problem. Since I've been living in Korea for 2 years (I'm originally from UK).

I normally see posters with the new barcode on it, e.g. . I wonder what is that for? why is there a barcode on posters or pictures, what does that serve and how can people use it?

sorry if this isnt the right place to put it, but it's been rattling my brain since i got back home and seeing it a few times in Korea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_Code

JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: ABCHO - Kuusou-Discotheque (nonSectRadicals Extended Chop Ver.)