JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mihimaru GT - I Should Be So Lucky

Author Topic: [99noGM] Chapter 1- The Goto Maki that cannot be explained with words  (Read 2886 times)

Offline romi

• マキ命
  • Member+
Just a little intro to this. 99 no Goto Maki is Gocchin's 1st Artist book, published on 2003.9.23. It's an assay book that contains 99 entries, with gocchin touching on different topics , talking about her views and herself. It is the type of book that I really love cuz you can gain so much insight into a person. Any goma fans who can read Japanese, you MUST own this book. :D I have the book translated 70%, I will be posting out some entries and hopefully, after reading it, you guys can also input your thoughts etc. It will be delightful to know your views.

You can buy the book here.

-----------------------------

From 99 no Goto Maki
Chapter 1-- The Goto Maki that cannot be explained with words

"I like Morning Musume's Goto Maki!" I would like people who have such a mindset to come and watch my concert now, even if just for once.

After you've watched it, it will most likely change your outlook on me! What are the differences between Morning Musume's Goto Maki and the Goto Maki now? I would like everyone to witness for yourself, and then come up with a definition on the Goto Maki now.

If, after having watched the concert, you still feel that "Morning Musume's Goto Maki is better", that's alright too. But to come to that conclusion based on the sterotype image you have (of me), I can't really come to terms with that.

"I like the way how she seems not to care, but yet somehow, she is working so hard."

"I like that astray image she protrays."

I believed many people become a Goto Maki fan for the above reasons. If that is the case, how do you find the Goto Maki now? I am really curious to find out.

If you were to ask me to explain myself in words, "whimsical", "I'm shy", I won't be able to pass such comments on myself. Because I am not the type of person who can just tell people "Hey,I am a good person". I am not good at explaining myself. So, I prefer to spending time together. In that time span, people will get to witness happenings concerning me. And from there, they will be able to feel something and draw a conclusion - "She is such a person", something like that. It applies to both at work and in private.

Because Morning Musume is made up of many members, each one of us has a side that is somehow been emphasized by our very own instincts. After going solo, pieces by pieces, many facets of myself begin to surface. Right now I am really pleased about this. So, I would like everyone to see the emerging me.

When the Goto Maki that cannot be explained with words takes the stage. How does the audience looked at me, what are your thoughts? All this time on the stage, I've been taking it to heart, I would like to hear what everyone has to say. I will not be able to hear properly if everyone talks at the same time. So, I would love to have everyone up on the stage one at a time and have a "one to one" chat.

Well, what are your thoughts on Goto Maki?

Why is that so?

--
Do not repost without permissions
Translation copyright to Romi/Gocchin.com
Original Article copyright to Sony Books
Translation completed 2003.11.3
Gocchin.com

"私は、はっきりいって、冷めてないよ。クールでもないよ。セクシーでもないよ。子供なんだよ。" 後藤真希

Offline xDeviLx

• Secret!
  • Member+
  • Gocchin desu~
[99noGM] Chapter 1- The Goto Maki that cannot be explained with words
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 04:42:30 PM »
First of all.., thanks romi for the transaltion and sharing it here :heart: m(^o^)m

I would like to hear what everyone has to say. I will not be able to hear properly if everyone talks at the same time. So, I would love to have everyone up on the stage one at a time and have a "one to one" chat.

yes..Gocchin.., i would like to talk one on one with u too. I would like to tell u how gorgours u are. I like ur "NOT FAKE" personality. I love the way u sing, the way u dance and i love ur smile :heart:

I like MM's Maki cos i first found her from that place but MM is not in my heart anymore once Maki left so for me either MM's Maki or Maki herself is just the same. But while she was in MM, she might talk less and looks cool all the time. I think it might be because there were too many members around that time and Gocchin might be like .. gosh .. i couldn't even get a chance to be in the coversation unless the hosts ask her specific question XD (that's my assumption only alright :P)

and agree .. she's a shy girl. For me Maki on stage and normal Maki is different. She looks so professional and just like star queen on the stage but behind the stage, she just like typical girl and so down to earth.

thanks romi again for sharing .. :yay: At first i think i might not buy this essay pb cos i dont  understand japanese but after i read some of ur translation from gocchin.com, my thought was changed after i read it over and over almost everyday and i swear to myself, i will learn japanese and one day i'll read through the pb by myself XD

..後藤真希の為に生き、後藤真希の為に死ぬ、それだけが望み。
"ごっちんかわいい"    ごっちん最高

Offline thelastangel

• get DEF to the bone
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 04:50:09 AM »
Even translated the message Gocchin is sharing with us/her fans is so deep and meaningful. :cool:

And to think this was written by a girl who was maybe 16 years and at the most 17 years old when it was written. :shocked:

The idea of trying to define yourself and not willing to let your star status form Momusu give you a big ego is so mature. She is prepared to let her actions speak for who she is as a person.  The idea of talking to her fans one at a time is so innocent and genuine. :love:

I am quite impressed with the way she expresses herself.  I respect her even more than ever. :heart:
-_-The HANA----------The MGF------------The AME-----------The RIVE

Offline romi

• マキ命
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 05:14:52 AM »
^The book is actually written by Nouji Yuko. What they did was to conduct over 10 hours of one on one interview...Maki just talk to her about things and she makes a record of it. Since Yuko san is also a Maki fan, I am sure she would have pay attention to her words and keep it as close to the orginal as possible. (Maki said she did...she read the book herself.)

Still, I hope that Maki will release a new assay book soon, with her own writings. ^^

But yeah, after reading this book, I also respect her even more than ever.
It's nice to hear different views from people.
Gocchin.com

"私は、はっきりいって、冷めてないよ。クールでもないよ。セクシーでもないよ。子供なんだよ。" 後藤真希

Offline LovelyMermaid

• Member+
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 02:34:59 PM »
Hello everyone! Clearly I'm new, so I should start with a big hajimemashite! :khello:

Thank you so much for translating this! Like everyone, I agree that this gives me such a higher level of repsect for her, infact, whenever I see her talking about her image which she's understandably so concerned with (The interview she had with Ayaya on Hello Pro not so long ago was particularily interesting for me), I get a new form of respect for her. I hope she knows her fans love her no matter what she does! :kgreat:

Offline Ame-kun

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 02:35:30 AM »
My views and thoughts on her haven't changed a bit. I'd love it if she had more photoshoots without worrying about her image portrayal. Sure she's had many photos in lustrous and suggestive poses, but it shouldn't really be heavily criticized. She's an idol to many, posseses an angelic voice and vocal skills. (She can also dance too) ;) I LOVE MAKI! XD <- [horrible conclusion, yes im aware of it]  =P

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mihimaru GT - I Should Be So Lucky