JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girls Beat!! - Omoide Shashin

Author Topic: No wonder Gottsan was worthy...  (Read 4592 times)

Offline faraithi

• Member+
No wonder Gottsan was worthy...
« on: December 15, 2006, 02:26:20 AM »
..to be the sole winner of Morning Musume's 3rd Generation Audition.

Video: No wonder Gottsan was worthy... | Veoh Video Network
http://www.veoh.com/videoDetails.html?v=e179774C3qPrMwJ

This video clip is from:

Video: Goto Maki Graduation Special | Veoh Video Network
http://www.veoh.com/videoDetails.html?v=e159357S8f3KQJh
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 12:32:02 AM by faraithi »

Offline reyfer

• Member+
  • Sayumin's personal assistant
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 02:38:40 AM »
Great videos, but shouldn't this be in The UMAI?

Offline Mayo

• 真夜中
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 02:45:34 AM »
Yeah, I think they need to be in the UMAI

ava by PlusQ (over at mm-bbs); ueda sig by Pinkosa | #1 drifoy, Tanaka Reina, and Murakami Megumi fangirl

Offline faraithi

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 03:11:25 AM »
Quote from: reyfer;258598
Great videos, but shouldn't this be in The UMAI?

Actually, I did consider posting it in "The UMAI", but on second thought, I decided to post it here because my intention was, and still is, to promote Gottsan to a wider audience.

Offline LovelyMermaid

• Member+
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 03:23:29 AM »
Those are great, great videos, her auditions were just amazing. Clearly there was (and of course still is) something so amaing about her :heart:

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 06:25:00 AM »
Quote from: faraithi;258630
Actually, I did consider posting it in "The UMAI", but on second thought, I decided to post it here because my intention was, and still is, to promote Gottsan to a wider audience.

Good job on wanting to promote Goto! The more fans, the merrier :)

Tsunku definitely saw something in Goto that was remarkable, as did we. She was just meant to be a star! :heart:

Offline MGStyle

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 09:12:21 AM »
And Gocchin is only just beginning her 21+ career image! Stay tuned! There is much more of Gocchin to come!

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 09:20:21 AM »
The other finalists in the Gen-3 sweepstakes were rather subpar altogether.  Choosing Gocchin and no one else was the right decision.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 02:24:30 PM »
thanks for psoting. I recently discovered Goto's greatness :)

Offline faraithi

• Member+
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2006, 04:07:35 PM »
Quote from: arian;258762
Good job on wanting to promote Goto! The more fans, the merrier :)

Tsunku definitely saw something in Goto that was remarkable, as did we. She was just meant to be a star! :heart:

Many thanks for your reply, Arian! I had in mind other kinds of people who have only recently discovered H!P and/or MoMusu and weren't familiar with their history, and especially with why Gottsan was such a revolution, or at least the beginning of a revolution, for MoMusu. Gottsan possessed almost all the basic talents to a
unique degree: beauty, kawaiiness, youth, singing, dancing, etc. And if you remember the 4th Generation Audition, Tsunku mentioned quite a number of times, when he was deciding who to pick as winners, that Gottsan was the model on which he based his decisions, if I'm not mistaken.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 04:47:37 PM »
Quote from: faraithi;259106

Many thanks for your reply, Arian! I had in mind other kinds of people who have only recently discovered H!P and/or MoMusu and weren't familiar with their history, and especially with why Gottsan was such a revolution, or at least the beginning of a revolution, for MoMusu. Gottsan possessed almost all the basic talents to a
unique degree: beauty, kawaiiness, youth, singing, dancing, etc. And if you remember the 4th Generation Audition, Tsunku mentioned quite a number of times, when he was deciding who to pick as winners, that Gottsan was the model on which he based his decisions, if I'm not mistaken.

He definitely did. She was the very first "Ace" in the whole of H!P, so she was basically the standard for future Momusu generations that they needed to follow :D Times have changed, but it shows how important of a member she was. She's an all-rounder! She can sing, dance and act.

Offline faraithi

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 05:09:44 PM »
Quote from: arian;259128
He definitely did. She was the very first "Ace" in the whole of H!P, so she was basically the standard for future Momusu generations that they needed to follow :D Times have changed, but it shows how important of a member she was. She's an all-rounder! She can sing, dance and act.

And another remarkable fact I must add is that Gottsan's tenure as a MoMusu, from Love Machine in September 1999 to Do It Now! in July 2002, coincided with MoMusu's Golden Period when MoMusu was at the height of its popularity; I like to think that Gottsan's introduction into MoMusu was the beginning, and her graduation was the end, of MoMusu's Golden Period.

I know that this is just my own personal opinion, but I can't help thinking that ever since Gottsan's graduation, and especially with the introduction of the 6th generation less than a year after that, MoMusu has gradually gone downhill. But then again, this decline had to happen sooner or later, I suppose, for one reason or another. For me, I think the main reason was that the 4th Generation (Charmy, Yossie, Nono & Aibon) was the crystallization of the revolution that began with Gottsan...*sigh*...Isn't this similar to the blooming of sakura?

Offline anythursday

• Member+
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 09:50:58 PM »
Yeah, she was solid even during the audition. And pretty :) And she just got better and better

Offline Daisuki Daiiyo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Yabyab
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 11:01:54 PM »
Why doesn't Tsunku base anymore of his audition winner picks off of Gocchin? XD

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 11:31:25 PM »
He seems to like to go for more of the "Underdogs" now than the ones with the most star potential.

When Maki was added he was looking for a front person after Asuka left, someone that could be an instant center for the group. The last couple auditions they have had enough front people so he's taken the ones people can connect with as the ever improving underdogs. ;)

Offline conannd

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • loves 510
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 08:14:52 AM »
hmmm... that 3rd gen audition is just really great.... gocchin beat koda kumi to win alone as the 3rd gen.... i wonder why koda didn't make it, even to the big 5...... and i was really touch when watching gocchin cries when she announced as the only winner......

hmmm... i always thingking that gocchin i the source of h!p popularity and development...... when it was 3rd gen audition, she attracht ayaya and ikity to enter the 4th gen audition.... and as the fact, both of them is the most popular h!p member now.... yeahh... i think gocchin really give big contribution to h!p..... she is really great... i love her sooo much..

Offline makistar

• Maki is LIFE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Maki is Life!
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 04:38:19 PM »
I guess Koda Kumi didn't make it to the final 5 was because her image didn't fit in with Morning Musume ("the girl next door") and she has the quality of being a soloist.   MoMusu auditions were not really based on singing talent, fitting in with the rest of the group and bring something new and refreshing are the keys.

Offline Daisuki Daiiyo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Yabyab
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2007, 10:38:36 AM »
lol Koda Kumi was snatched up by Avex before she could even make it to the top 5, she had auditioned for both after all. And Ayaya didn't audition for 4th generation btw, common misconception.

Quote from: zoolander;280635
He seems to like to go for more of the "Underdogs" now than the ones with the most star potential.

When Maki was added he was looking for a front person after Asuka left, someone that could be an instant center for the group. The last couple auditions they have had enough front people so he's taken the ones people can connect with as the ever improving underdogs. ;)

Hahaha, and we all see how Tsunku's underdog strategy has benefitted Momusu now. :rolleyes:

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 02:47:33 AM »
Quote from: makistar;281164
I guess Koda Kumi didn't make it to the final 5 was because her image didn't fit in with Morning Musume ("the girl next door") and she has the quality of being a soloist.   MoMusu auditions were not really based on singing talent, fitting in with the rest of the group and bring something new and refreshing are the keys.

LOL I just learned Kumi had tried out for Momosu originally~ It makes me laugh because I really can't see her being in there XD LOL Goto has both the singing talent (which Kumi *does* have) and the "girl next door" quality you pointed out, makistar :heart: It was only natural she would be picked!

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girls Beat!! - Omoide Shashin