JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: D-Unit - Lockdown

Author Topic: New Sub-forum name?  (Read 7186 times)

Offline Pinkosa

• (:
  • ecchi
  • Member+
New Sub-forum name?
« on: April 06, 2008, 03:56:49 AM »
Idk, this came to my mind. I think it would be cool to have a new subforum name, don't you think so? Since most of the subforums have got a name  :P Even though I like "Girls' Generation", I think a new name would be cooler  :heart:

So, what do you guys think? Suggest a name!  :)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: New Sub-forum name?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 04:22:56 AM »
Personally, I don't think there's a need for a new name. The best names are the ones that are simple, straightforward, and most importantly, easy to understand. We could probably come up with something witty as a new name, but for the members here who do not speak English as their first language, would they be able to understand it? There's no guarantee that they would, and if they don't, then they might be hesitant to enter it.

By naming this section after the name of the group, there will be no doubt in anyone's mind, whether they speak English or not, what they'll find when they come in here.  While it's cool to be cool, it's even cooler to be accessible, comprehensible, and welcoming to everyone.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 06:09:32 AM »
^ dude, you sound like an old man. :lol:  That's what the forum description is for.

Anyway, I kinda like it how it is. I think it's cause the phrase itself has a lot more meaning than just the name of some girl group already and it isn't just "So Nyuh Shi Dae."

And I also think the AKB forum name is kinda lame. I'd rather have something neutral than something that sounds lame or corny as hell.

Unless someone suggests something really kick ass of course.

Offline Pinkosa

• (:
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 06:12:02 AM »
^I know that, I was just thinking if there was a possibility. I like the name itself but , re-naming the sub-forum was something that suddenly came to my mind XD But if someone has a suggestion for a nice name I think it would be great tho XD

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 06:51:08 AM »
^ dude, you sound like an old man. :lol: 
Compared to you, I probably am. :P

That's what the forum description is for.
That would require people to actually read the forum descriptions. You'd be surprised how many people DON'T do that. I myself am not surprised, given the countless times I've seen instances on other forums I go to where people post stuff in the wrong forum because they didn't read the descriptions to find the right one.   The forum description is a nice touch, but you shouldn't assume that people are like you and me, and have the sense to read it. And like I said in my previous post, if they don't speak/read/understand English that well, then the whole thing is probably moot, since they likely would not be able to read/understand it anyway.

It's like what I tell students when they're working on an essay, when it comes down to it, the title is what grabs the reader's attention. The most effective titles are not necessarily the stylish/witty ones, but instead are the ones that are clear and simple to understand.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 11:30:07 AM »
Actually, I've thought about it back when we were about to build the subforum, but I coudn't think of a good name, so I just went WTH, just use Girls' Generation. I didn't want to use SNSD coz it was too short and not So Nyuh Shi Dae coz there were like a dozen way to romanise and I myself didn't even use the same system I just typed in. XD

But, hey, if anyone could come up with some cool name, that'd be great. :)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 11:35:41 AM »
Leave it as it is... silly names just make browsing more confusing.

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 05:10:40 PM »
^ Confusing for old people yeah. :P

But yeah, i gotta go with the old man on this. No need to change anything, atleast not until someone come up with something good and something we can relate to/understand.
[/url]

Offline Hakai

• Broken chopstick Masta
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A fistful of confetti
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 09:36:05 PM »
Can I join the battle young vs old?  XD

A cool but not confusing name would be great but if no one thinks of one, I like it simple and self-descriptive too.  :)

Offline Pinkosa

• (:
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 09:57:18 PM »
A cool but not confusing name would be great but if no one thinks of one, I like it simple and self-descriptive too.  :)

That's what I think. I love you Hakai  :heart:

Offline Hakai

• Broken chopstick Masta
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A fistful of confetti
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 10:03:27 PM »
 :oops: thanks

I wub u too pinko  :heart:

*just realized our post counts are really close. Maybe we could hit the 2000 at the same time  :roll:

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: D-Unit - Lockdown