JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: B`z - Ocean

Author Topic: One Shot Series 8-Sakura no Hanabiratachi 2008  (Read 1957 times)

Offline WingsofAngels48

One Shot Series 8-Sakura no Hanabiratachi 2008
« on: September 26, 2013, 04:34:18 AM »
Please please please like this enough to leave a comment...
Ok, so, not in an AKB situation this time...hope everyone likes it!

Sakura no Hanabiratachi 2008
Kashiwagi Yuki wandered the grounds of her old high school, feeling nostalgic. The cherry blossom petals were in bloom and falling from the trees like confetti. Yukirin paused by one of the trees and stood on her tip toes to breathe in the scent of the blooms close up to the flowers. Soon her little sister would graduate, entering the world of adults. Their parents hadn't come, so Yukirin had taken a day off of work to make sure she could be there, though she hadn't told her sister. She wanted it to be a surprise. Yukirin took very good care of her sister, filling the holes their parents wouldn't.

The bell rang, startling Yukirin, and students streamed out of the school to the chairs sitting in lines of eight that had been set up outside. Yukirin watched as her sister stood in front of her chair, searching for two people who she needed most, the same two people who were never there. Yukirin watched her face fall, and then her sister stood up to give her speech. She twisted her black twintails nervously, although usually she didn't show much emotion.
"Mayu..." Yukirin said her name softly, watching the younger girl and wishing she could go comfort her.
Mayu started the speech she had prepared. Yukirin had offered to help, but Mayu had wanted to do it on her own.

"The stairs to adulthood before our eyes, together we climb and wave our hands." She started, her voice shaky. "Today is the day we all move forward. To our dreams, to our futures. Today we remember-" Mayu started to cry, first tears that strained to pass through tightly shut eyelids, then flowing freely, breaking free of their barriers and streaming down her cheeks in salty floods.
"-we remember," she choked out, "all the time we spent together, all the events where our friends and family pulled us through, our parents helping us past mistakes and sad times and cheering us on, and even if they weren't there it's ok...because we still have our friends."
Yukirin was sure Mayu was making things up off the top of her head.
"Because even in times when we cried someone was always there to smile for us so we never felt lonely..." Mayu broke down and sobbed, breaking Yukirin's heart. She stood up and clapped. Mayu looked up slowly, meet Yukirin's eyes, and, clearly shocked, cried harder, this time from delight, comfort, and hope.
Mayu's classmates stood and clapped with Yukirin, and so did the staff. Mayu began to leave the stand, Yukirin going to meet her and wrapping her in a tight hug.
  "I thought you had to work today," Mayu whispered.
"I took the day off. I wanted to surprise you, but if I knew you'd be this sad, I would've told you," Yukirin said, feeling her sister's shuddering sobs in her chest.
"I'm-I'm happy now that you're here," Mayu gasped, fighting for the breath with which speak. "How did I do?" She asked, referring to her speech.
"You were wonderful," Yukirin assured her. She rubbed her back through her uniform. "You have wings, Mayu."
Mayu looked up to the sky, breathed deeply, and then seemed to return to her normal self, although her eyes still showed signs of her tears.

Yukirin watched as Mayu lined up with the rest of her classmates for their graduation picture. It looked like Mayu was going to remain expressionless for the picture, but right before the camera went off she suddenly smiled. Cherry blossom petals drifted down and rested on the blossoming classmates, all suddenly looking like adults, as somewhere, bright and clear, a bell sounded.

Offline Wmatsui22

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: One Shot Series 8-Sakura no Hanabiratachi 2008
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 05:37:30 AM »
~Hi WingsofAngels48-san  :deco:

~I really like this  :otomerika:

~I hope the pairing is MaYuki and WMatsui  :inlove:

~please update soon

~thanks
hello.

I am a fan of AkB48.

I really love their songs.

I really like their fan fiction.

Offline WingsofAngels48

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 09:52:49 PM »
Thanks so much! I have other one shots so please look at those too. I've written a WMatsui one that I was considering posting but I don't know if it's good enough yet. I don't know how to update stories either  :oops: so I've just been posting all the one shots separately. I'll be posting a one shot for Baby Baby Baby soon, so please look at that one. Thanks for your support!

Offline WingsofAngels48

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 09:53:33 PM »
And yes, in this story it is Mayuki  :)

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: B`z - Ocean