JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - Sexy Love

Author Topic: [CHI] Gordon Liu  (Read 25245 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
[CHI] Gordon Liu
« on: November 09, 2008, 03:28:57 PM »

Gordon Liu (劉家輝; Lau Kar-Fai; Liu Jia Hui, formerly spelled Liu Chia-Hui, born Xian Qixi; born November 30, 1955) is a Chinese martial arts film actor. Best known by Western moviegoers for his role as Pai Mei in Kill Bill: Volume 2 (2004), and as Johnny Mo in Kill Bill: Volume 1 (2003), the head general of the Crazy 88, O-Ren Ishii's (Lucy Liu) personal army. Elsewhere, Liu is known for his role as San Te from The 36th Chamber of Shaolin and its sequels from which he adopted his shaved head style. Some fans call him the "Master Killer" after the alternate title to The 36th Chamber of Shaolin.

Links
Biography
IMDB
Wikipedia

Filmography

* 5 Shaolin Masters (1974)
    * Shaolin Martial Arts (1974)
    * 4 Assassins (1975)
    * Challenge Of The Masters (1976)
    * 7 Man Army (1976)
    * Bloody Avengers (1976)
    * He Has Nothing But Kung Fu (1977)
    * Executioners from Shaolin (1977)
    * Breakout from Oppression (1978, filmed in 1973)
    * The 36th Chamber of Shaolin (1978)
    * Heroes of the East (1978)
    * Deadly Mantis (1978)
    * Fury in the Shaolin Temple (1979)
    * Dirty Ho (1979)
    * Spiritual Boxer II (1979)
    * Clan of the White Lotus (1980)
    * Return to the 36th Chamber aka Master Killer II (1980)
    * Fists and Guts (1980)
    * Elders (1981)
    * Shaolin and Wu Tang (1981)
    * Martial Club (1981)
    * Raiders of Buddhist Kung Fu (1982)
    * The Shaolin Drunken Monk (1982)
    * Legendary Weapons of China (1982)
    * Treasure Hunters (1982)
    * Young Vagabond (1982)
    * Cat Vs Rat (1982)
    * Lady Is The Boss (1983)
    * Crazy Shaolin Disciples (1983)
    * Tales of a Eunuch (1983)
    * Eight Diagram Pole Fighter (1983)
    * Shaolin Warrior (1984)
    * Disciples of the 36th Chamber (1985)
    * My Heart Is That Eternal Rose (1987)
    * Legend of the Phoenix (1988)
    * Tiger on the Beat (1988)
    * A Fiery Family (1989)
    * Code of Fortune (1989)
    * Avenging Trio (1989)
    * Ghost Ballroom (1989)
    * Killer Angels (1989)
    * Tiger on the Beat II (1990)
    * A Bloody Fight (1990)
    * China Heat (1991)
    * Killing in the Dream (1992)
    * Cheetah on Fire (1993)
    * Flirting Scholar 2 (1993)
    * Flirting Scholar (1993)
    * Deadly China Hero (1993)
    * Legend of the Liquid Sword (1993)
    * Bogus Cops (1993)
    * Drunken Master III (1994)
    * American Shaolin (1994)
    * Funny Shaolin Kids (1994)
    * Lethal Girls 2 (1995)
    * Journey to the West (1996) (TV series)
    * Journey to the West II (1998) (TV series)
    * Generation Pendragon (1999)
    * The Island Tales (1999)
    * A Step into the Past (2001) (TV series)
    * Drunken Monkey (2002)
    * Star Runner (2003)
    * The King of Yesterday and Tomorrow (2003) (TV series)
    * Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003)Johnny Mo
    * Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (2004)Pai Mei
    * Shaolin Vs. Evil Dead (2004)
    * Dragon Squad (2005)
    * A Chinese Tall Story (2005)
    * Mr. 3 Minutes (2006)
    * Shaolin Vs. Dead: Ultimate Power (2007)
    * Heroes of Shaolin (2008)
    * Chandni Chowk To China (2008)

The 36th Chamber Of Shaolin Original Trailer

The 36th Chamber Of Shaolin Training Scene

Gordon Liu & Lo Lieh Clan Of The White Lotus End Fight

Gordon Liu as Pai Mei in Kill Bill Vol.2

« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 09:13:47 AM by Masa »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: Gordon Liu
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 03:30:29 PM »
Bruce Lee might be the biggest legend of the 70s (and all-time) but my favorite old school kung fu star is Gordon Liu. I have always been a huge fan of the Wu-Tang Clan and I have to thank them for introducing the world of old school kung fu to me. Most of the Wu-albums are full of kung fu movie samples so of course eventually I got curious about the movies they sampled. I downloaded some classics (like Five Deadly Venoms) and once I found out that the most sampled movies by Wu-Tang were The 36th Chamber of Shaolin and Shaolin & Wu-Tang (both starring Gordon) I just had to see them. I ordered both movies and when I finally saw them I was completely blown away.

I loved Shaolin & Wu-Tang for its fighting scenes and bad english dubbing but The 36th Chamber was on some other shit. The movie barely has any great fight scenes but it's still my favorite old school kung fu flick. What made me fall in love with the movie were the legendary training scenes. Instead of normal fighting scenes the movie shows Gordon go through different chambers and practice everything possible from sword fighting to wrist strength. I have never seen more entertaining training scenes in any movie :yep:

Since Gordon Liu is the main star of both The 36th Chamber and Shaolin & Wu-Tang, I became a huge fan. Gordon is easily one of the most charismatic kung fu stars ever and what I like about him is that he can be both badass (Shaolin & Wu-Tang) and funny (Return to the 36th Chamber). In other words, Gordon Liu is the man  :bow:

Gordon Liu Documentary & Interview Part 1

Gordon Liu Documentary & Interview Part 2
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 05:22:29 PM by Masa »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [CHI] Gordon Liu
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 08:49:30 PM »
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY FAI GOH!! :pimp:

He turned 53 on November 30th.

He known for being the baddest ass in kung fu movies...but have u seen him in comedies? Here he is in the 80s modern comedy "Lady is the Boss" for Shaw Bros. LOVE THE HAIR.

DOWNLOAD AT THE ASSHOLE!!

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 06:41:32 AM »
I recognize Gordon Liu, not from his earlier movies in the 70's like everyone, but in the late 90's till now TVB series. 
I know from my father that he was a great kung-fu actor back then. 

He was in many of the HK-TVB series that I'd watch, not really main star role, but supporting role.  He play anything from villian to hero or even neutral.  He played from a evil menacing villian to a hilariously supporting actor.  either way, he was great at what he does.  he still good with his kung-fu skills and his comedic acting are one of the things I loved about him. I always looked forward to his scenes in whatever movie/series i was watching.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 05:45:17 PM »
劉家輝 - You got a friend

Holy shit! Gordon's the man! :bow:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 11:23:48 PM »
The new webcam hero!! LMAo every chinese dude has a ballad in em

btw Who the fuck is that fool with him???

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 01:55:36 PM »
DAMN! Gordon Liu does a cameo in 《全城熱戀熱辣辣》@ 0:20

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 11:31:26 AM »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 07:39:34 AM »
He's still got skillz!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 10:51:21 AM »
When the kung fu movie market was over, Gordon played a toupee'd henchman  :lol:with Tony Leung Chiu Wai and Joey Wong in My Heart Is That Eternal Rose 殺手蝴蝶夢

BUT BACK IN THE 2000s As slick as ever. Here he is in Milk magazine a few years ago, me scan  :jphip:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Gordon Liu Hospitalized, Does Not Wish to Be Seen!
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 07:09:06 AM »
Get better soon Gord!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gordon Liu Hospitalized, Does Not Wish to Be Seen

Famous martial arts star, Gordon Liu (劉家輝), who had acted in numerous Hollywood productions, was recently rumored to have been sent to the hospital. It was also rumored that he had slipped, fell and hit his head and was thus in a grave condition.

Yesterday, Gordon’s eldest daughter refused to divulge further details but asked the reporter to call her father himself to prove that he wasn’t in a serious condition. Whereas Gordon thanked the reporter for his concern but refused to be interviewed for fear that his “big hero” (大俠) image would be tarnished.

Gordon who worked with Uma Thurman in Hollywood box office hit, Kill Bill, was recently injured and hospitalized. Some said that he fell down after getting drunk while others said that he got into a car crash and injured his head. He remained in critical condition and was currently undergoing extensive treatment in the hospital.

Yesterday, reporters waited at the hospital until 4.15 PM in the afternoon. Although it was still 45 minutes before the visiting hours, Gordon Liu’s eldest daughter from a previous marriage, Angie, had already reached the hospital. Leaving after visiting her father, the reporters stepped up to interview Angie but she displayed unwillingness and did not wish to be on camera. Towards the reporters’ inquiries, Angie did not divulge much and only said, “You guys are nice to have the heart (to ask after my father) but I will not respond. Staying in a hospital after getting sick is a normal thing. Why don’t you call my father and let him explain to you himself lahs. Our entire family is very united in doing things.” (Reporter: We heard that your father’s in a serious condition?) “Give him some time lahs.” Angie still didn’t reveal the true reason leading to her father’s hospitalization.

Sought a Replacement for Drama Series

After which, the reporter sought clarification from TVB’s Production and Resource Director, Virginia Lok (樂易玲). Virginia admitted that Gordon Liu was injured and had been hospitalized, “That was two to three weeks ago. Gordon slipped, fell and hit his head. He was being sent to a special ward for treatment. But he has since woken up and isn’t in serious condition, his hands and legs were also fine.”

However, as a tube was inserted through his throat during the treatment, Gordon’s voice hasn’t recovered. Thus, as a result, Virginia has yet to call Gordon and converse with him directly. TVB initially wanted to send someone down to visit him but Gordon turned down their kind offer of a visit as he didn’t want his “big hero” image to be tarnished.

Other than that, Gordon Liu was initially scheduled to film TVB new drama, Exchanging Happiness "換樂無窮". Since he was currently injured now, his role in the drama will be portrayed by TVB veteran actor Lau Kong (劉江) instead. The producer of Exchanging Happiness, Lam Chi Wah (林志華) admitted changing actors but refused to disclose the reason. Whereas Gordon Liu’s good friends Cheng Pei Pei (鄭佩佩) and Kara Hui (惠英紅) expressed that they hadn’t heard news of him being injured.

Depended on Martial Arts Strength to Establish Overseas Reputation

Gordon Liu is 56 years old this year. His actual name was Xian Qixi (冼錦熙) and was the godson of Lin Shi Rong’s (who was the originator of the Hung Ga Kuen) disciple, Lam Chuen. In his youth, Gordon practiced his martial arts skills with Lam Cheun’s son, Lau Kar Wing. In 1973, he entered the industry by participating in Lau Kar Wing’s self-invested movie, Deus Ex "殺出重圍", and was Shaw Brothers’ heavily promoted male martial arts star and had worked as a director, producer and martial arts choreographer.

In 1978, Gordon gained international recognition through the film, The 36th Chamber of Shaolin "少林三十六房". In the year 2003, Gordon accepted an invitation from famed Hollywood director Quentin Tarantino to participate and act in his Hollywood box office hits, Kill Bill Volume 1 and Kill Bill Volume 2.

In 2005, Gordon accepted Cheng Pei Pei’s daughter, Eugenia Yuan (原子鏸) as his main disciple and later accepted thirteen other disciples. Gordon is now currently an artiste with TVB. Last year, because Lau Kar Wing was unhappy that Gordon had said that he was admitted to hospital due to pneumonia and was seriously ill, it was rumored that the both of them couldn’t get along and has since fallen out with each other.

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: Ah K @ JayneStars

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Gordon Liu Suffers Stroke
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 07:55:22 PM »
This is....just disheartening. Leave it to Hong Kong tabloids to deliver, tho. Hope he recovers soon!! GET WELL GORD! :O

Gordon Liu Suffers Stroke and Becomes Disabled

Renown martial arts actor, 56-year-old Gordon Liu (劉家輝), suffered a stroke earlier, leading to the Kill Bill star becoming significantly disabled and dependent upon a wheelchair. Due to the incident, Gordon became severely depressed. Recently, his morale increased due to encouragement from loved ones.

In earlier news, it was reported that while participating in a band practice in To Kwa Wan in early August, Gordon fell and hit his head. Since the incident, Gordon halted all his work. In the latest issue of Next Magazine, it was clarified that on that fateful day, Gordon had in fact suffered a stroke, causing him to fall down. His head crashed into a nearby stairway, resulting in a 5-inch wound on the left side of his head. He was sent immediately to the hospital for treatment.

After his stroke, Gordon’s right hand and leg suffered immobility. He also experienced speech impairment. Gordon will require long-term physical therapy and rehabilitation treatment.

Source: Next Magazine # 1129
Translated by: Jayne @ JayneStars

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 12:51:02 PM »
any word on his condition??

Here he is in an upcoming movie "High Kickers" with Huang Shengyi like a Karate Kid Part 292342032 ERRRR Taekwondo Kid

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 04:39:37 AM »
damn....so shocking to see Gord whoa... :shocked

Gordon Liu meets the press responds to family disputes & health condition

Famous martial art actor Gordon Liu (Lau Kar Fai) suffered from a stroke on August 17, 2011 and is now half paralyzed. After more than a year of difficult treatment, he has recently started recovering and can move. In between, he had been troubled by family disputes and the nonstop gossips. Earlier last month, it was rumored Gordon was sent to the nursing home, his second wife and kids wanted him to hand over his assets. His son and his second wife denied the rumor, and said someone is preventing them from seeing Gordon. The issue even involved the police.

After communicating with a good friend of Gordon's, he agreed to meet with [Mingpao] reporters and accepted a short interview. He briefly answered questions regarding to his family disputes and his health condition. On September 12th, reporters visited Gordon and he was in a very good mood.

L - Lau Kar Fai (Gordon); R - Reporter

R: Have you contacted your lawyer, hope to have protection from the law?

L: (Nods) Yes!

R: Why don't you want to see your 4 children? (First wife - 2 children; Second wife - 2 children)

L: Not seeing them! (Thought for a moment) Not going through the trouble! (He didn't want to talk about his children)

R: Are you handling your family affairs yourself?

L: (Strong Nod) Yes! I'm dealing it myself.

R: Do you have a friend, who you really hope will visit?

L: (Smiles, then waves hands) No!

R: Will you meet everyone once you recover more?

L: Yes!

R: Has physical therapy been really difficult for you? (He has physical therapy in the mornings and afternoons, including occupation therapy, train to putting clothes and shoes on, writing)

L: Nope! (His answer was especially loud)

R: Are you confident you can recover?

L: Yes!

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

...FIGHT ON SIFU!!!

I predict him back into movies ASAP!!! I love his loud positive attitude, like A REAL MAN!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 09:58:44 AM »
damn...get better Gord!! sounds like another one of those 'kids going after inheritance' HK Tabloid stories:

[2013.03.08] GORDON LIU NAMES FAN YIK MAN HIS NEW GUARDIAN

Gordon Liu (Lau Ka Fai) two years ago became hemiplegic after a stroke. Last year he moved into a nursing home, after treatment his mobility was gradually increased. Originally his female assistant Eva was his  guardian, but recently his son Sin Chun Lung revealed that his father's care take has been switched to a female artist. He even said that his father's whereabouts was unknown and thus he contacted the police for help.

Actually Lau Ka Fai's new guardian is Fan Yik Man. Yesterday she said, "starting in January this year I became Brother Ka Fai's guardian. His situation is great, he is at a safe place. Many people have seen him, anyone he wants to see would be able to see him. They know where he is and he doesn't want to be disturbed. The change is Brother Ka Fai, his sister and his niece's wish. With a lawyer and a psychiatrist as witnesses, a legal document was signed." As for Sin Chun Lung reporting to the police that his father's whereabouts is unknown, she said, "Someone is wasting police effort, they know that they need to arrange with the lawyer to see their father. They have already contacted the lawyer, but they still contacted the police; I am just a guardian, I don't need to answer to them. I can only say that the law is protecting Brother Ka Fai."

Lau Ka Fai's former guardian Eva last night told Cable that she was uncertain about Lau Ka Fai's whereabouts. Someone has kept her from seeing him. She too wanted to return 1 million RMB that Lau Ka Fai left with her for safe keeping.
Posted by hktopten

on the scene a few days ago:

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 12:14:28 AM »
damn. just shocking photos...God speed, Gord:

Martial art star Gordon Liu (Lau Ka Fai, originally named Sin Kam Hei) in August 2011 suffered a stroke and hemiplegia for 1 year and 8 months. Lau Ka Fai needed long term therapy, once he showed signs of improvement as he stood up with a crutch. On January 7, he was hospitalized for cramps. Lau Ka Fai's son Sin Chun Lung who Lau Ka Fai declined to see in early March contacted the police about his missing father. The original guardian Eva was suddenly changed to Amy Fan Yik Man; Lau Ka Fai and Eva's money trouble involved over HK$1 million; Lau Ka Fai was also rumored to be unconscious, comatose, or even dead. Fan Yik Man in order to end the rumors and put his family and friends at ease arranged for an interview with Lau Ka Fai.

Two days ago in the afternoon Fan Yik Man accompanied reporters to visit Lau Ka Fai at a hospital. He stayed in a single room with 24 hour private nurse service. The reporter in September met with Lau Ka Fai twice. At the time his speech and mobility was better than two days ago. Now his weight is only 120 some pounds. Only 62 this year, he under the torment of illness became very old.

Fan Yik Man said that Lau Ka Fai personally agreed to speak with the reporter. He knew that he needed to appear in person to put his friends and fans at ease. This time would be Lau Ka Fai's final media interview. He only wanted to recover in silence. Before the interview he was so nervous that he did not sleep the night before. From now on any rumor about Lau Ka Fai, Fan Yik Man pointed out that she did not want to repeatedly respond to untrue events. She hoped to have proof for everything and resolve matters in court.

On the day of the interview, Fan Yik Man's friend bought maw stew for Lau Ka Fai. When the reporter arrived he was having the stew. When greeted he nodded in response. With Lau Ka Fai's permission, he even made a pose for the reporter to take photos and put a smile on his face. Later he saw cake and signaled that he wanted dessert first. When he had enough he would push it away. Fan Yik Man talked to him and trimmed his nails. In 18 minutes he appeared to be very carefree.

When the reporter suggested for the interview to start, he became very nervous and had to be changed. The reporter could only retreat from the room for the nurses to clean him up before the interview. Because he had difficulties with language expression, he would only nod or shake his head in response to the reporter's questions. To avoid adding pressure to him in front of a camera, during the interview no photo was taken.

The reporter began with "Are you happy now?" He nodded. "Do you want Eva to return your money to you?" He nodded again. "Fan Yik Man is your guardian, is it your wish?" He also nodded. "Are you happy about Fan Yik Man taking care of you?" He nodded. "Do you want to see anyone else?" He shook his head. "Do you want to see your family?" He again nodded. "Do you want to see your niece?" He nodded. "Do you want to see your wife and children?" He frowned and expressed frustration, waved his hand to send the reporter away.

The psychiatrist suggested asking other questions first so he would be calmer. Yet Lau Ka Fai already signaled that he wanted to sleep and appeared to be somewhat in pain. The interview could only end. Fan Yik Man comforted him not to worry, the interview was to put people who care about him at ease. Before the reporter retreated from the room he bid him farewell. Lau Ka Fai also waved in response.

The reporter contacted Lau Ka Fai's former guardian Eva. Last night she responded and said that she was not at liberty to speak now. At a suitable time she would contact the reporter again.

Fan Yik Man on January 10 officially became Lau Ka Fai's guardian, which she described as "picking up after him" as many Lau Ka Fai problems had to be handled; she even tolerated a lot of outside speculations. After explaining clearly from the beginning to the end in this interview she would not discuss the matter any more. Ultimately she was an actor, she would like to be interviewed about her performance work and not Brother Ka Fai's family dispute.

Amy during the interview displayed a document from Lau Ka Fai's older sister from August 2012, stating that she lived in the U.S. and Ka Fai's four children were unable to take care of their father, thus she and Eva became her brother's guardian to handle his matter. In addition a law firm informed Lau Ka Fai's children and wife that when they visit Lau Ka Fai a lawyer would accompany them. No one was keeping the children from seeing their father and no one needed to report their father as missing to the police. Otherwise only Brother Ka Fai and people who cared about him would be disturbed.

Since Lau Ka Fai's stroke the subject has revolved around his wealth. Currently his monthly hospital bill reached HK$100,000. Amy said that Lau Ka Fai's wealth was not enough to set up a trust fund. Even Brother Ka Fai's lawyer friend suggested against a "guardian" without 10 million because a lot was already spent on lawyer cost. She took over the guardian role only due to a lawyer friend volunteering his assistance. She admitted that the HK$10,000 monthly medical expense was burning money, but the patient still was conscious, even if the recovery process has not been ideal why not let him live happier in a better environment? He made the money, not borrowed or stole it. Now his money could not "burn" any longer. In the future he will have to leave the hospital. She hoped to arrange for him to recover in a better environment, which would required a lot of money.

Amy heard people accusing her of hogging the guardian spot and that she wanted to fight for something. She said, "I am really fighting, I am fighting for what Ka Fai asked, for the money that he should have." She said that former assistant Eva still has not returned over HK$1 million that she was "safekeeping". She would take legal action. As for Lau Ka Fai's Thai wife once asked Brother Ka Fai to loan HK$300,000. At the time the Thai property was the collateral . After the deadline passed the debt was not paid and had to be handled as well. She said that she would follow up if the money could cover Brother Ka Fai's future medical expense. As for his property that was worth HK$8 million, when needed she would consider selling it or mortgaging it to the bank.

After the stroke Lau Ka Fai has always been very hard working. He hoped to recover, but he also knew about his own condition and thus has made plans for the worst. Earlier in front of his lawyer, doctor and witnesses he made out his will. Amy was one of the witnesses. She could not reveal the content of the will but she was a witness. Thus anything in the will was unrelated to her.

Amy said that Brother Ka Fai still loved his two children with his Thai wife. Currently he did not have any ability to make money but still provided insurance for his children. He was unwilling to see them because he wanted to return this past handsomeness and health before they meet. He had no hatred for his children. Every family has its problems, she as a guardian only hoped that his family would understand. For his son wanted to know about his father's condition, he could call his aunt, family or friends instead of going to the police.

Amy personally handled Lau Ka Fai's affairs. As for this interview, the reporter received her notice at 4AM. Because of her effort, some questioned the reason behind her hogging the guardian spot. Was it for profit? She said that Brother Ka Fai after his stroke once rented a Mongkok apartment. When she visited, Brother Ka Fai tearfully asked her for help. The reason for the guardian switch was Ka Fai's sister told her that Brother Ka Fai felt unhappy and thus hoped Amy would take over his care. Brother Ka Fai's friend questioned why would she get to be the guardian? She asked if the friend was willing to take this job, but the friend claimed not to have time. She said, "Someone suspected that I got some advantage for helping Lau Ka Fai. This question is like asking what advantage would offering a seat to the elder bring? Luckily friends who helped me didn't ask me if I had any advantage from helping Lau Ka Fai. They are lawyers, professionals, when the situation has reached this stage, do you still ask for advantages?" Amy said that after the incident took place in January, Eric Tsang Chi Wai and TVB executive Elaine Lok Yi Ling also expressed their concern and met with her for an understanding of the situation; the Performing Artist Guild has also mentioned if he needed any help. However, other truly could not help with Brother Ka Fai's family matter.

Two days ago when the reporter visited Lau Ka Fai, Fan Yik Man arranged for a psychiatrist to go along; the doctor asked for confidentiality to avoid any misunderstanding that he was promoting himself. In recent months he evaluated Lau Ka Fai's condition and intelligence because Lau Ka Fai had to handle a lot of important legal documents. He was an independent witness.

According to the doctor, when he met with Lau Ka Fai in September, his body was in better condition as he was able to speak and sit in a wheel chair. After a few months, when they met again in January, his condition has deteriorated as he needed to stay in bed. At the time he had no response to others, did not want to acknowledge others, unwilling to communicate and almost has given up on himself. The hospital was prepared to incubate him but everyone tried to encourage him. They spent a long time before they were able to get him to eat something. Fan Yik Man said that when the nurse saw that he was willing to eat, when the nurse called her the nurse was moved to tears.
Posted by hktopten

LEGEND. him at the peak of his career that spans several decades, from the 70s

to recently in Tarantino Kill Bill series with Uma Thurman

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GORDON LIU!!
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2016, 10:12:04 AM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GORDON LIU!! Celebrating on this :hipheart: day too! Man...good to see him active. Here's to Gord bouncing back but his health be improving  :hip smile:

Quote from: HKSAR FILM NO TOP 10 BOX OFFICE
[2016.08.29] GORDON LIU HOGS THE MICROPHONE ON HIS 65TH BIRTHDAY

Gordon Liu (Lau Ka Fai)'s 65th birthday was on August 22nd. Amy Fan Yik Man planned a surprise party to celebrate with him. 5 years ago, Lau Ka Fai suffered a stroke that limited his mobility and speech. He also had family troubles, financial lawsuits with his former assistant, all of which worn out him even more. Earlier his fans set up a facebook page and posted photos and videos from Lau Ka Fai's birthday. He looked great and his health condition has greatly improved. Fan Yik Man has been taking care of Lau Ka Fai's life in recent years. She said, "It's a bonus to see his health improvement. He is great, very hard working, stroke patients can be hopeful too."

Among the guests in the photos were Wai Ka Hung, Joe Cheung Tung Cho, Sze Cho Nam and foreign fans. Although Lau Ka Fai was still in a wheel chair, on the video he grabbed the microphone and sang English songs. Fan Yik Man said that three tables were set up for the banquet. Also present were doctors and lawyers who have helped Lau Ka Fai. Because he liked music, a live band was also present. He did not know about the birthday party before hand and thought that he was going to dinner as usual. When he saw his friends he was especially excited. She said, "When he was asked to sing he was shy, later he grabbed the microphone and refused to let it go. He sang several songs; he also grabbed a guitar and played for a few minutes!" Foreign fans shot some videos, his fans from as far as Holland, the U.S. and Canada have contact with him and came to Hong Kong to visit him. Some suggested to make a documentary about Lau Ka Fai, so they shot some videos at the birthday banquet.

Fan Yik Man said that after the birthday party, Lau Ka Fai returned to his nursing home and was so tired that he had to rest for several days. He was in great condition, but there was no guarantee that it would not take a turn for the worse. Earlier she did not dare to take Lau Ka Fai outside because he was too frail. Now they would set appointments to go out and planned to jam with a band as long as he was happy. Early after the stroke, Lau Ka Fai's right hand and foot could not move as his right hand was in a fist. Now he could open his right hand and his walking has improved. The nurses also praised him hard work. She said, "Earlier many people told me that there is no cure for the stroke, the fact is with support and the patient's willing to persevere the condition can be improved." She volunteered to be Lau Ka Fai's guardian. Has it been tough on her? Fan Yik Man said that many friends have helped out. To her, seeing Lau Ka Fai's health improve was a bonus.

ETA:

the footage...wow. just shocking. keep watching his movies!! SPREAD THE WORD! HE IS GREATEST!! RZA BONG!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 10:17:10 AM by daigong »

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - Sexy Love