JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Polysics - Baby Bias

Author Topic: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (41/41 END) [WMatsui] - REPLIES  (Read 311228 times)

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Faithful WMatsui shipper
    • sophcaro
Re: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (28/?) [WMatsui] (15/09/2017)
« Reply #620 on: September 18, 2017, 12:21:55 AM »
It gives me something of pity that you have not included in the fic, the graduation of Mayu, Akane, etc ... I hoped that you really wrote about it.

Please remember that this is a WMatsui fanfic?
Akane, Mayu, Yuki etc etc are only side/supportive characters in this story, so I'm definitely not going to dedicate pages to talk about each side character's graduation. That's just not an option. This chapter was already very long (13 pages), and I still have many things to cover for this story. Jurina and Rena are my main characters, and the story will keep revolving around them until the very end.

I still hope you managed to enjoy the chapter!  :)
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing
- One Shot collection: Her Sun | Completed
- Fire and Water | On hiatus

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
Re: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (28/?) [WMatsui] (15/09/2017)
« Reply #621 on: September 18, 2017, 01:01:47 AM »
I do not forget, obviously, the theme of this fanfiction.
If it were not a WMatsui, I would not read it.
If both annoying a simple observation as I have been sorry for the temporary jump. I will solve it by not posting again.
Sorry to have bothered you.

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
« Reply #622 on: September 18, 2017, 01:11:08 AM »
If both annoying a simple observation as I have been sorry for the temporary jump. I will solve it by not posting again.

You didn't bother me at all! It's always nice to know what people think. I was just very surprised you would mention that as - just I said - those characters you mention (Mayu, Akane) are side characters, so I didn't really expect any reader to see me developping such things. I didn't even spend more than half a page when I wrote about Airi's graduation in Partners...

I'm sorry if you felt disturbed by the time jump (as that seems really the problem here, if I understand correctly), but a time jump was necessary at this point of the story  :)
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline Bukiyou Taiyou

• Member+
« Reply #623 on: September 18, 2017, 02:05:09 PM »

:stoned:

Minami-chan, I enjoy reading your comments because I like to know what other fellow readers think about the chapter. Please keep posting your comments.  :k-hello:

Offline genkingblack

• not hiatus/abandon my fics but really have no time to write.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • タマです
    • genkingblack
« Reply #624 on: September 18, 2017, 04:16:29 PM »
Hello soph, I managed to catch up what I missed. I hope you don't mind long comment :dunno:

Well, I am still on my stand that I want to strangle Rena (dont take it as literally) :lol: :lol:
Here what I have in my mind as Reader (up to you to accept it or not), above of all I could take it if they broke up by knowing their respective situation. But here? Rena is the only one know (also Airi), meanwhile Jurina didn't even have clue. I could feel how churi frustrated about it too, like seeing your friend broke in front of you is never good feeling.

Also I feel Rena is selfish in here, I know she is still care for Jurina. but she was the one made decision to break up. Why bother to come? Why did she have to pour salt over Jurina's wound again and again? I meant, perhaps at that time Jurina was trying her best not to think about the breakup anymore right? But she came to see her in hospital? in short just give her false hope in the end :>

For @Minami-chan, I also miss that Graduation part. It would be nice to read that one, right? but it would be tooo long hahaha I couldn't wait for the ending btw, not because of I am tired of this story. I just hate Jurina suffering :>

back to the cave  :on crazygran:
My Projects :
GenkingBlack's Vault [OS/Short Stories] Last update 4-Apr-17
Brave Enough On Going Last update 16-Mar-17
Love is Serious, When War is Involved   Hiatus Last Update 12-Mar-17
Heartsmith | On Going Last Update 19-Oct-17
Hidden Vault | Perv Section

Offline Guacamoolee

• Member+
  • Silent reader
« Reply #625 on: September 18, 2017, 06:25:45 PM »
Welcome back, S!!!

Finally an update!!! Brace yourself, readers!!!! :cool1:
Well author-san, it actually surprised me that you suddenly fast forward the story to two years later :shock:
Not that I didn't enjoy reading this chapter, it's just I have no idea how had been they living their lives in the last two years. Without. Each. Other's. Presence.
I know Jurina has good friends and senpais but in the last two years they graduated one by one. I kinda curious how did she manage to stay strong during that time though I know that they who have graduated are never really leave her. (I'm sorry for being nosy xD)

I don't know why but this part have made me jumped into conclusion that J and R have never contacted each other in the last two years.
It may have been two years since the last time she had spoken or even crossed path with Rena, it didn’t mean she didn’t follow her actuality from afar.
I kept thinking, "HOW COULD THEY DO THAT?????" and that was BUGGING me the most while I was reading this chapter.
I mean.... how could two person who still love and care for each other that have been losing contact for two years, suddenly text each other like nothing happened???
Seriously how did they do that?????? :tantrum:
Ok, but then I remember that this is just a fic ._.
But then I remember that your fic might turn into reality and I hope it will. Especially the part when Jurina finally got the 1st rank in senbatsu election. I'll definitely wait for that ;)

Genkingblack, your comment is epic! XD
I just hate Jurina suffering :>
We're in this together, readers!!! :cheers
I'm sure that nobody wants Jurina suffering more than this. She and Wmatsui shippers already suffered in real life when it comes to Rena! :lol:

Overall this chapter is worth the wait. Their little interaction is sure a good sign, right!
Just like Bukiyou Taiyou-san, I hope they'll meet up soon! And please make Jurina happier, she deserves it!

Thank you for the update, author-san!
Can't wait for chapter 29!!
See you!

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
« Reply #626 on: September 18, 2017, 08:12:56 PM »
REPLIES TO COMMENTS

How I wish that sousenkyo result comes true...
How I also wish Jurina will get that 1st place! She really deserves it, and I want to believe it will happen in real life. Fingers crossed!

Oh wow...it's a very long chapter! I really appreciate and admire your determination and persistence to write the update. :k-great:

After spending so much time and effort writing this chapter, you have no idea how much I really appreciate to read those kind words. So thank you!  :thumbsup

When you put the sneak peek on twitter, I had this feeling that Destiny would end soon because it fasts forward to two years later.
You know what, I thought the event was Jurina's graduation concert and Rena surprised everyone with her unexpected attendance. Or maybe it was her last handshake event before her graduation where Rena out of nowhere came to say hi ^^" Or maybe it was an event for national broadcast where she bumped into Rena who also appeared to be there.

I like your ideas! And maybe one of those theories will prove to be true in a future chapter? Who knows  :P

I felt warm that Jurina got nice senpais and friends. It gives me assurance that she was never really alone for those two years. She always had her friends behind her back.
Meanwhile Rena... She only had Airi. And Yosuke, probably. She considered him as a friend, I guess? Not really a friend like Airi, but I think you understand what I'm trying to say.

Jurina was indeed surrounded by her loyal group of friends. I like how you almost sound sad that Rena 'only' had Airi   XD I think I showed that both characters have really different personalities in this trilogy. Jurina likes to be surrounded by many people and is an extrovert, while Rena is more independent and likes to have more alone time. I think it shows the difference in their characters, right? About Yosuke, yes, Rena and him became friends. Which seemed to me a logical development to their relationship  :)

It's such a relief that Rena texted Jurina. She could make a call, but maybe for now, a text was enough to bring tears of joy.

I believe a call would have been a little awkward for both of them.  :sweatdrop: A text - on the other hand - is more neutral and still enabled to convey at that time the appropriate feeling, which was to congratulate each other.

Well author-san, it actually surprised me that you suddenly fast forward the story to two years later :shock:
Not that I didn't enjoy reading this chapter, it's just I have no idea how had been they living their lives in the last two years. Without. Each. Other's. Presence.

Yep, I know opinion's divided on that 'time skip' subject. While I had some readers telling me just after chapter 27 that they didn't see any other option than a time skip at that point of the plot, I know it still managed to surprise a few people like you :) And that's fine!

That's how I feel about it from a writing point of view: at the end of chapter 27, the plot was stalled. On one hand, Jurina didn't want to see Rena again if they had no possibility of being together. On the other, Rena had decided it was best to keep her distance with Jurina (as they couldn't indeed be together). So I'm afraid it left no other choice but a time skip for the plot to progress.

I know Jurina has good friends and senpais but in the last two years they graduated one by one. I kinda curious how did she manage to stay strong during that time though I know that they who have graduated are never really leave her. (I'm sorry for being nosy xD)

She's getting used to it?   :nervous
I think poor Jurina already went through many graduations in her life. Mariko, Rena... At some point, I think you toughen up and you don't experience the same amount of pain you did during the first or second graduation. Besides, Jurina got older and more mature over time. I think that also helps.

I kept thinking, "HOW COULD THEY DO THAT?????" and that was BUGGING me the most while I was reading this chapter.
I mean.... how could two person who still love and care for each other that have been losing contact for two years, suddenly text each other like nothing happened???
Seriously how did they do that?????? :tantrum:

Well, I did say that they were following each other's careers from afar. So no, they weren't in contact (but I think Jurina made it more than clear at the end of chapter 27 that she didn't want to be in contact with Rena if they couldn't be together), but this SSK and Jurina's 1st position was a major event. Like, a HUGE event. Rena couldn't possibly ignore it and not congratulate Jurina. Personally, I think it would have been weirder if she hadn't congratulated her. Like, it would have sounded rude or something  :lol:

Furthermore, I don't think it was that easy for Rena to send that text... I do believe she thought a lot about it before sending it, whether it was a good decision to make or not. But in the end, I do think she couldn't possibly not congratulate her. It was too much of a major event for Jurina, and Rena knew how much this victory meant to her :)

@genkingblack: Thank you for taking time to catch up and leaving a comment! I hope you won't hold it against me for not replying here to your comment, but I thought it would be fine as I already replied in private (and at length) on Twitter ^^

Thank you everyone who commented!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 02:31:51 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
Re: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (29/?) [WMatsui] (29/09/2017)
« Reply #627 on: September 29, 2017, 01:13:25 AM »
CHAPTER 29

Jurina took her earphones out as she entered the rehearsal room of the SKE theater, waving at the few members already present. In less than ten minutes, the fifteen girls that composed SKE’s senbatsu were expected to work on their next important event. Indeed, the idol group was supposed to do a mini showcase in Nagoya in two days, the performance being broadcast live on TV for the occasion. Jurina dropped her sports bag in a corner of the room and nonchalantly sat on the floor, her attention caught by the two girls dancing in front of the large mirrors.

Nao Furuhata and Ayuka Kamimura.

While the other members already arrived were chilling out or chatting amongst themselves, those two girls in particular were already hard at work and practicing a few choreographies together. Jurina wasn’t astonished to see them already practicing even before the official beginning of rehearsal. After all, those two girls were anything but random members. At the end of the year 2019, Nao and Ayuka had been appointed as SKE’s current Center and WCenter.

Four months had already passed since that day.

Jurina observed more especially the younger member, noting again how much Ayuka had grown up over the years. At the age of sixteen, Ayuka didn’t have much in common with the insecure and emotive girl she had shared briefly the spotlight with after Rena’s graduation. Now, a certain air of confidence surrounded the newest WCenter, and Ayuka was capable of mastering a choreography faster and better than ever before.

Ayuka was indisputably one of Jurina’s greatest sources of pride.

Jurina couldn’t have been more satisfied with management’s latest decisions. It had assuredly taken many years and a lot of discussions to reach such a stage, but management had eventually opened their eyes and accepted the fact that their long-time strategy – that had worked so well for so many years – now needed to be revised drastically to assure the sustainability of the Nagoya-based group.

At the end of 2019, management had decided – and this for the first time in the history of the group - to rotate SKE’s Center and WCenter on a regular basis. The plan was to change both leading figures every two singles, in order to give more members the opportunity to shine and accustom the fans to less-known faces. With the constant emergence of new 48 and 46 groups, the competition had never been so tough. More than ever, it was primordial to find a way to stand out from the other idol groups.

Jurina was conscious that nothing was set in stone and, if this innovative concept proved to fail in the long run, then management wouldn’t hesitate to reverse back to a permanent Center and WCenter. This new approach was still in its early stages, yet it already showed promise. Ayuka’s tireless determination and all the progress she had accomplished through the years had thankfully been acknowledged. That’s why, when Jurina had urged management to give Ayuka another chance, they agreed to test their new strategy with her.

During the group’s December single of 2019, Ayuka Kamimura was appointed WCenter and Nao Furuhata SKE’s new Center.

Jurina couldn’t deny that a heavy weight had been lifted from her shoulders. During more than ten years, she had been SKE’s faithful ace. She had relished every second of it and the teenager that she was back then would have wanted for nothing in the world to switch her position with another member. She enjoyed leading the group and being in the spotlight. Nothing could have made her prouder than seeing her face displayed on posters and buildings, proclaiming her as SKE’s official representative.

A few weeks ago, she turned twenty-three.

Jurina could feel she had gained a certain maturity: a maturity that was enabling her to see the group’s situation from a brand-new perspective: so many aspects of this business that she couldn’t fully comprehend when she was still a teenager, or even a young adult. Winning the SSK in 2019 had been one of her greatest victories. Witnessing SKE’s management taking the group’s fate seriously and the right measures had been another.

Since 2008, the idol group had gone through so many rough patches. At one point, when Rena Matsui – Jurina’s eternal WCenter and other legendary member of the group – had shockingly announced her graduation, many people in the business had been prone to predict the slow and gradual death of the idol group. In spite of the forked tongues, SKE had always managed to bounce back and overcome its difficulties. It was the group’s undeniable strength: members never surrendered without a fight.

Nine generations.

Many talented members.

Plenty of other girls with hidden potential.

A potential that ought to be discovered and awaken. 

It was precisely for all those reasons that Jurina was hopeful about the future. More than ever, she was confident that the group was far from over and still had a lot of offer. For many more years, SKE would continue to shine. In December 2019, an important page had been turned, and another one was about to open up in 2020.

Tokyo, two days later…

This Friday in early April, Rena was spending the entire day outside of Nagoya, having a few jobs to do in Japan’s capital. Having just finished an interview with NHK, she was now heading towards her next destination for lunch. When Yosuke had been informed that – not only they would both be in Tokyo at the same time, their schedules also miraculously matched - he hadn’t hesitated to invite her out. The actress had immediately agreed. Given their mutual busy schedules, they hadn’t been able to see each other these last two months, and mostly kept in touch through occasional exchanged messages on LINE.

This offer of lunch arrived just at the right time: it would be the perfect occasion to do some catching up.

Rena’s eyes lit up in recognition when she spotted from afar the Korean restaurant the actor had mentioned, relaxing a little when the latter didn’t seem to have arrived yet. Her interview with NHK had lasted a little longer than expected. At some point, Rena even got afraid that she might be forced to cancel their lunch, remembering that the actor couldn’t afford any important delay as he had another engagement in the afternoon in a completely different area of Tokyo.

Thankfully, she had been able to make it in time.

As Rena was waiting at a crosswalk for the light to turn green, the strong wind of Spring blew across her face, messing up her long brown hair that had been so neatly brushed for her previous interview. Raising her hand to brush back some hair that the wind had caressed out of place, she noted in surprise a few pink petals upon her shoulder. Soon, her attention got drawn to the majestic tree standing proudly on her right by the side of the road. The cherry tree responsible for the countless pink petals spread out on the asphalt all around her.

Carefully seizing between her fingers one of the petals that had fallen upon her black vest, she studied the delicate and fragile pink petal laying into the palm of her hand. She smiled reminiscently in spite of herself as a certain fond memory began to play back in her mind, and drifted five years back in time.

Rena checked her watch in apprehension, growing a little concerned as they were expected at the SKE theater in less than ten minutes. Thankfully, they were very close from their destination now. If there was one personality trait people had always associated with Rena, it was her impeccable punctuality. That’s why the mere idea of risking arriving late – even for just a few short minutes – and make the other members of the group wait, made her feel unquestionably a little uncomfortable. Increasing her pace, she didn’t have time to go far that a hand grabbed her arm from behind without warning.

“Rena, look!”

Halting abruptly, Rena turned around at the sound of Jurina’s enthusiastic voice, discovering her girlfriend contemplating a large cherry tree that they were passing by. So engrossed in her thoughts, Rena had admittedly not paid the slightest attention to her surroundings all the way here. Lifting her gaze, she took a brief moment to observe the cherry tree that was monopolizing Jurina’s attention.

A small smile inadvertently formed on Rena’s lips at Jurina’s childish amazement, before recalling that the clock was ticking. “We’re going to be late. I don’t want to make the others wait.”

“Yes…” Jurina replied but showed no sign of moving, her eyes still glued on the cherry tree as if she had never spoken. 

Understanding that her girlfriend would need a little more convincing, Rena extended her arm to take her hand. “Juri-”

“Let’s take a picture together!”

Taken aback, it took Rena a few seconds to register what the other girl had uttered. “You want to take a picture now?” Rena repeated in bewilderment.

“Yes,” Jurina affirmed, turning around to face her. “Do you remember last week’s handshake event?”

“You mean, that morning when you sneakily took a picture of me in my sleep, and believed naively I would let you post it on social media?” Rena faked indignation.

“Yes, that day.” Jurina grinned maliciously.

“Then yes, I remember it perfectly.” An easy smile played at the corners of Rena’s mouth.  “Why are you asking?”

“While you were still sleeping, I took a peek outside from our hotel room’s window and noticed a cherry tree in a park nearby. As I was watching it from afar, something occurred to me…” Jurina’s expression stalled and grew serious. “These last seven years, our life has been so hectic, that there are simple things we never find time to do. Hanami will be over in a few days: I would like to take a picture with you before it’s too late.”

It wasn’t a caprice as she initially believed: Rena was now positively sure of it after listening to her girlfriend’s arguments. Rena didn’t know what had triggered this sudden urge but, the more she analysed the situation, the more it looked like Jurina was simply trying to make memories. Memories with her. If that was the case, then how could she deny her such a legitimate wish?

“Alright…” Rena smiled with affection. “Let’s take a picture, then.”

Jurina’s face brightened and, after taking her phone out of her pocket, tugged at Rena’s hand to bring her closer. Rena obliged and came to stand by her side, waiting patiently while Jurina raised her phone in the air to take a selfie. Rena gave her best smile to the camera and got herself prepared - expecting the other girl to take a picture at any moment – but was surprised when things didn’t go exactly as planned.

Indeed, Rena followed Jurina’s moves as the latter kept rotating the phone left and right and up and down, evidently failing to find an angle to her liking. Rena suppressed with difficulty her amusement at her girlfriend’s antics. “Would you like me to take the picture?”

“Why? I know how to take a selfie.” Jurina’s lips formed an adorable pout. “I’m only trying to take the best picture possible.”

“But it doesn’t have to be perfect.” Rena shook her head softly. “What’s important is that we’re both on the picture, no?”

The younger girl ignored her statement and continued her little game, moving her phone in every direction possible again and again. Unfortunately, that kind of behaviour was inevitable when you had Jurina Matsui – self-proclaimed and proud perfectionist – as a girlfriend. Rena couldn’t keep it to herself any longer. “You’re impossible…” Rena chastised her gently, stopping her motions at once when she covered Jurina’s hand with hers. “Let me do it, alright?”

After a moment of reflection, Jurina reluctantly relented, letting Rena take the phone away from her grasp. “I think this is a good angle.” Rena positioned the phone, after making sure she had both of them on the picture, and the best view possible of the cherry tree in the background. “Are you ready?”

“Wait, wait.” Jurina drew closer and circled her arm. “Alright, I’m ready!”

Jurina’s enthusiasm was so infectious that Rena couldn’t help laughing a little, a small click being heard the moment after as she took a picture. Lowering the device, she handled it back to Jurina, knowing the latter would definitely wish to inspect the result before moving on. “Do you like the picture, or do you want to take another one?”

“No, it’s perfect…” Jurina’s face alight with happiness. “I love it.”

Rena regarded her with amusement before stepping out from under the cherry tree - expecting her girlfriend to follow her - but was startled when she didn’t hear any sound of footsteps behind her. Turning around to see what the other girl was doing, she noticed that Jurina was still focused on her phone and even staring intensely at the picture taken.

“We should get going or we’re really going to be late,” Rena reminded her of the imminence of their rehearsal.

Jurina’s eyes shot up to meet hers. “Ah, you’re right.” She put her phone away and joined her side hurriedly.

As they began walking away, Rena was caught off guard when Jurina placed all of a sudden a quick kiss on her cheek. The unexpected action made her unconsciously slow down her steps, and she regarded the other girl quizzically. “What… What was that for?”

“Just a thank you kiss.” Jurina smiled brightly. “I really wanted to take a picture of us during hanami.” 

Rena’s gaze travelled over her face, grasping by the joy shining in her girlfriend’s eyes how truly important it had been for her to capture such a moment of their relationship. Reaching for Jurina’s hand, Rena slipped casually her fingers inside hers. “Yes, it will make a nice memory…” Her eyes brimmed with tenderness. “Send me the picture later, alright?”

Rena blinked, Jurina’s image slowly dissipating from her mind as she perceived in the distance the voice of someone calling her name. Almost as if her brain was refusing to leave the comforting place this peaceful memory procured, she ignored the voice at first, but the second calling of her name - this time much closer and clearer – made her come back to her senses completely.

“I thought it was you. Admiring the view?”

“Y-Yosuke…” Rena’s eyes widened in astonishment when she discovered the male actor standing right in front of her. “Yes, I guess you could say that…” She turned to follow Yosuke’s gaze on the cherry tree.

“Spring is one of my favourite seasons.” Yosuke watched with keenly observant eyes the branches’ movements, as they suddenly wavered under the force of the wind. “When the cherry trees blossom and the petals cover the pavement like an eiderdown. It only happens two weeks a year, but I always try to find time to pause - even for a short moment - to marvel at such a beautiful, ephemeral phenomenon.”

Rena dragged her eyes away from the cherry tree, and watched the play of emotions on the actor’s face. Today, Rena was discovering for the first time an unexpected aspect of her friend’s personality: Yosuke had quite a romantic and poetic side to him. Rena looked down to her phone and went through the gallery, her index pausing on the screen when the précised picture she was searching for appeared.

As Rena observed with fondness the picture of she and Jurina smiling in front of a large cherry tree, she couldn’t help thinking that Yosuke was not the only one to share such charming personality traits.

Ten minutes later, Rena and Yosuke entered the Korean restaurant, settling down at a table before beginning to take a look at the menu. If there was something that Rena had learned about the male actor these last years, is that Yosuke was somewhat particularly fond of Korean food. When they happened to go out for lunch or dinner and it was Yosuke’s turn to choose the place, a Korean name would each and single time escape his lips.

The recurrence was somewhat comical, yet Rena didn’t mind Yosuke’s preferences. She might not share the actor’s undivided love for this food in particular, she still found it quite tasty and enjoyable. Reciprocally, Yosuke never refused when it was her time to choose the place and she opted for slightly more uncommon food, such as an Italian or French restaurant.

“I want to go abroad during the Golden Week,” Yosuke announced once the waiter had left with their orders. “Don’t get me wrong: I love my job but I have been so swamped with work lately, that I haven’t been able to take a single day off.”

“I know the feeling…” Rena sympathized with him. “These last ten years, I haven’t taken a lot of vacations either. I would love to take a few days off once in a while, but my schedule…”

“Yes, that’s the main issue. Our work schedules.”

Both actors shared a knowing smile.

“You said you wanted to go abroad.” Rena’s curious gaze fell on him at the new piece of information. “Did you have any place in mind?”

“Yes, I was thinking of going to Korea. I’ve always wanted to visit Seoul.”

“Why am I not surprised?” Rena didn’t bother to hide her amusement. “I think it’s a great idea. I really hope you’ll enjoy yourself.”

“Why don’t you come with me? It would give us the chance to try out even more Korean restaurants.”

Yosuke’s teasing tone made her smile. “I wish I could, but I’m planning on going back to my home town for the Golden Week. I haven’t seen my parents in a while and I promised I would visit them.”

“You’re from Aichi, right?”

“Yes. From Toyohashi,” Rena specified. “To be honest, I also want to travel. There are so many countries I would like to visit: especially in Europe. But I’m not sure when I’ll ever have time for that…”

Yosuke nodded in understanding. “I hope you’ll still manage to fulfil all your dreams. Life is too short: we should make the most of it while we can.”

“Maybe next year. Actually, I would really like to go to Par-” Rena started, but didn’t have time to finish her sentence that she was interrupted by the sound of her phone beeping. “Sorry…” Rena winced, and shot her interlocutor a small apologetic look. “It must be my manager: she was supposed to get back to me to give me more details about today’s schedule.”

Rena seized the phone laying on the table and went through the text she had received, a text from her manager as she had rightly predicted. Making a mental note to remember the small time change of her afternoon photoshoot with UTB, Rena blinked in perplexity when – as she was about to mute her phone and put it away - noted the surreal number of notifications she had received from her Twitter account.

After leaving the television studio of NHK, she had already checked her Twitter account: even updating it by informing her followers of her work schedule of the afternoon. She hadn’t noted anything out of the ordinary. So what could possibly have happened during those thirty minutes? Another time, she would have waited to be alone to go through her social accounts, but this strange commotion piqued her interest.

The article that loaded on her screen made her heart stop.

Jurina Matsui, 23 years old, announced her graduation today at the end of a live showcase in Nagoya.

Frozen in place, Rena stared at the screen in stupor. Almost as if to make sure of the veracity of the article and that it wasn’t just a weird, silly prank, she resumed reading and didn’t pause until she had arrived at the bottom of the article. As she studied next the white and black picture accompanying the news – showing a mature and calm Jurina answering the journalist’s questions – realization dawned on her that this important day had truly arrived.

Jurina Matsui, SKE’s last first-generation member, was sailing off to new horizons after a twelve years career in the idol group.

“Is everything alright?” Yosuke asked worriedly.

Rena jolted out of her musing and looked up to meet his eyes. They glanced at each other silently for a little while, until Rena opened her mouth when she finally found her voice back. “I just learned…” She fumbled with her words. “I just learned that Jurina announced her graduation.”

Yosuke looked faintly surprised. “She’s leaving the group and she didn’t warn you in advance? As you seemed close friends, I thought…”

“No, we…” Rena’s face clouded with uneasiness. “We haven’t spoken in three years.”

Yosuke was taken aback by the revelation. “Did something happen?”

Rena nibbled on her lower lip. “It’s… It’s complicated.”

“You know how much I hate to pry but…” Yosuke paused in hesitation. “If you need someone to talk to, I’m here. I don’t really know how you view our relationship, but I want to believe that we are friends. I’m a good listener and I would never betray your confidence. Don’t ever doubt that, Rena.”

“I think of you as a friend too.” Rena managed a small, tentative smile. “But it’s a long and complicated story. I’m not… I’m not the nice person you think I am. I’ve hurt people: people really important to me.”

“By people, you mean… Jurina?” Yosuke asked tentatively, receiving a small nod in reply. “It’s true I’ve never met her in person and I don’t know what kind of relationship you two had but I was sometimes present when you spoke on the phone with her during the shooting of Destiny. And, I saw the way you reacted when she won the SSK last year: you looked so happy for her. It’s obvious to me that you still care about her.”

“I don’t just care about her.” Rena smiled sadly and looked down to her phone, lingering on the article, and most especially on Jurina’s picture. “But none it matters anymore. I caused her so much pain: she’ll never forgive me. I’m not even sure I want her to.”

When Yosuke reached across the table to take her hand, she stiffened in reaction when he gave her fingers a light, comforting squeeze. “I don’t agree when you’re saying you’re not a good person. You feel and express remorse, and I genuinely believe that everyone deserves a second chance.”

From her peripheral vision, Rena noticed the waiter approaching their table. Slowly retracting her fingers from Yosuke’s grasp, she fell abruptly quiet, reflecting upon Yosuke’s words as the male employee placed both their orders on the table. Was it really not too late to mends things as he surprisingly seemed to believe? Did she and Jurina still have a chance to reconnect? Rena found herself terribly torn between two conflicted emotions.

The pragmatic side of her wanted to scold Yosuke for daring giving her false hopes. Surely, Jurina had already moved on: there was no use in stirring up the past and reopening old wounds. However, another more selfish side of her – tinged with nostalgia and feelings of love she had never managed to bury – foolishly wished that he could be right. 

TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 04:00:43 AM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline Genkikid

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (29/?) [WMatsui] (29/09/2017)
« Reply #628 on: September 29, 2017, 04:15:49 PM »
They really need to be reunited soon. And when I say soon, I mean really soon

Offline Bukiyou Taiyou

• Member+
« Reply #629 on: September 30, 2017, 11:57:06 AM »
I like the flashback memory. It was so sweet, even for a simple act like taking a pic together.  :heart:
I can't help remembering that moment when Rena tricked Jurina to get her phone back. (Not to mention I also remember what happened after the handshake event.) :bath:

Anyway,
I strongly believe Yosuke had a feeling for Rena. :cool1: I have some evidences from this chapter only:
Quote from: Sophcaro
“Why don’t you come with me? It would give us the chance to try out even more Korean restaurants.”
“If you need someone to talk to, I’m here. [....] I’m a good listener and I would never betray your confidence. Don’t ever doubt that, Rena.”
When Yosuke reached across the table to take her hand, she stiffened in reaction when he gave her fingers a light, comforting squeeze.

I think it's only a matter of time for Yosuke to confess to Rena. I won't worry though. I believe Rena's heart only belongs to Jurina. Even after three years they didn't speak to each other!

Jurina's graduation announcement is expected, especially after she won the sousenkyo and SKE48 management appointed Nao and Ayuka as their center. Imagine if Rena is invited to the concert! They can make a play like they did in Rena's graduation. :farofflook:

They really need to be reunited soon. And when I say soon, I mean really soon

I believe they will meet each other again, soon! It's time!

Thank you for the chapter, author-san. You're the best!

Offline Guacamoolee

• Member+
  • Silent reader
Bonjour, S!

The part when Yosuke asked Rena to go on vacation with him is sooooo surprising though I know he was just teasing her.
I couldn't help thinking what if Rena were say yes! But I felt so relieve for knowing that Rena rejected his request :on woohoo:

I agree with Bukiyou Taiyou-san that
I strongly believe Yosuke had a feeling for Rena.
Maybe it started with only Yosuke's friendly sympathetic feeling towards Rena but I can see it grew more than that. :yep:

Aaaaaand... My favorite part of this chapter is the flashback part of course!
It shows that Rena still has Jurina in her mind and heart even though they haven't spoken in three years. I wonder if Jurina feels the same too :mon huh2:
I really hope in the next chapter they will finally meet and talk in person and I hope it won't be awkward for both of them after three years of separation.

Thank you for the update, S!
Always waiting for wmatsui's reunite in this fic and real life!
Have a good day^^
Cheers~

Offline kimuchan

i just finished the trilogy up until here and i just wanna say YOU'RE GIVING ME LIFE IN THIS DROUGHT....i love your writing style and the emotions are there!!! and the time lapse is well constructed, you're really good! i have read almost all of your fanfic now and i hope to see more of your works in the future  :thumbup :thumbup

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
Re: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (30/?) [WMatsui] (07/11/2017)
« Reply #632 on: November 07, 2017, 06:01:41 PM »
Author's note: Thanks to Genkikid, Bukiyou Taiyou, Guacamoolee and kimuchan for leaving a comment on the previous chapter. I always appreciate reading what you guys think and it motivates me a lot to write :yep:

I apologize for the wait, but here's chapter 30.
Please enjoy it!

CHAPTER 30

Six months later.

Churi stepped out of the elevator when the doors opened at the second floor, scanning the empty corridor in front of her. Pausing for a moment’s reflection, her feet moved forward when she was finally able to recall where the apartment in question was situated. This Saturday afternoon of September, she had been invited to Jurina’s place; the younger girl had asked for her help and advice with the preparations of a major event coming up in two short weeks. It was only the second time Churi was visiting Jurina’s new place, and she figured it would probably take her a few more visits to know the direction by heart. 

A few months ago, Jurina had made the decision to gain more independence and to leave the family nest, leading her to move into her own apartment at the end of August. Even though Jurina had chosen not to live with her mother anymore, it certainly didn’t prevent her from visiting her every single week, the separation not having in the slightest severed the strong bond uniting them.

As Churi arrived in front of the apartment 23, a smile ruffled her mouth when she noticed the unfamiliar doormat at her feet, her eyes lingering on the large ‘Aloha’ inscription welcoming the visitors. Reaching for her backpack, she retrieved her Nikkon camera from inside to take a shot. No, she had no intention of using that picture for her monthly photos exhibition in Nagoya, but this simple action was like second nature to her. Each time she caught sight of an element in her environment that piqued her interest, it was stronger than her: she had to immortalize the moment.

Her camera was like a precious and faithful companion, and she never failed to take it with her everywhere she went.

Putting her camera away once she deemed herself satisfied with the result, Churi diverted her attention towards the door in front of her, not failing to perceive the sound of music coming from inside the apartment. It might not be that loud, Churi instantly recognized the energetic and cheerful song: SKE’s 2020 summer single was currently playing on Jurina’s stereo.

Yes, it was indeed a catchy song, Churi conceded. A melody hard not to sing along to once it got inside your head. And what about the fact that the group’s last single had sold incredibly well, even better than the two previous ones? Management’s new strategy was paying off, fans – after a period of necessary adjustment - getting accustomed to the rotating position of SKE’s center and WCenter.

Churi raised her arm to ring at the doorbell, and she didn’t have to wait long before hearing footsteps approaching, then seeing the door opening.

“Hi, you arrived right on time.” Jurina, who had appeared on the doorstep, broke into an open, friendly smile. “I was working on the tracklist.”

A flash of humor crossed Churi’s face. “How are you managing? Not too difficult to select only 35 songs?”

“Why do you think I called you? It’s a complete nightmare.” Jurina’s smile vanished and she sighed heavily in defeat. “I chose about 50 songs, and I can’t make up my mind on the ones to remove.”

Churi nodded and chuckled at her. “Yes, I’ve been there too, I know it can be a challenging task. Don’t worry, I’ll help you as much as I can.”

Churi followed Jurina inside the apartment, casually letting her gaze wander around the living room while removing her coat and shoes in the entrance. Her attention was swiftly caught by the pile of papers spread over the table, undeniable proof that Jurina had been hard at work before her arrival. It had already been six months since Jurina had announced her desire to leave SKE, and it was now only a matter of weeks until her long-awaited graduation concert. To be honest, Churi still sometimes had a difficult time adjusting to the idea that Jurina would officially have left the idol group by the end of September.

An opinion shared not only by the remaining members of the group, but also a large portion of the fans. The previous singles might have sold very well, it was still hard for people to wrap their head around the possibility that SKE was soon going to say goodbye to its second figurehead.

“I was thinking we could center Kiss Datte Hidarikiki together.” Jurina, who had taken a seat back at the table, turned in her direction. “What do you think?”

Churi approached and pulled a chair next to her. “Depends.” She narrowed her eyes suspiciously. “Will you try to steal a kiss during the final spin?”

“Why would I do that? I don’t kiss other members anymore.” Jurina’s face became a visage of juvenile innocence. “Well…” For a shrinking moment she paused, until a grin overtook her features. “Except on the cheek from time to time, when the temptation is too hard to resist. But you can’t blame me for that.”

Churi bit off a laugh.

Jurina might be more mature than ever at the age of twenty-three, she hadn’t lost for all that her flirty side. These last years, it was indeed less frequent to witness such aspect of her personality, yet Churi always found herself greatly entertained when it happened to resurface. “Alright.” Churi nodded in agreement. “I’ll do this song with you.”

Jurina’s eyes brightened with pleasure and she reached for her pen, scribbling a note on the sheet of paper laying in front of her. “Great, I’ll add that.”

“Do you want us to go through the rest of the tracklist?” Churi took a peek at the sheet - curious to discover which songs Jurina had chosen for the occasion – wincing when she saw that it went indeed far beyond the total number of songs required. “I know it’s not going to be easy, but we really need to reduce it to 35.”

“Yes, but before that…” Jurina’s face became drawn and tense. “There’s something else I wanted to tell you.”

Churi’s brow furrowed at her friend’s strange change of mood. “Yes? What is it?”

Jurina shifted in her seat in unease, avoiding Churi’s questioning gaze. “I was thinking inviting Rena to my graduation concert.”

Churi’s mouth dropped open. “What…” She stared back at her in incredulity. “What did you say?”

“I think Rena should be here,” Jurina repeated slowly, with slightly more assurance. “Singing on stage with us.”

“Why would you…” Churi stopped, confused. “When was the last time you talked to her? Three years ago?”

“I know…” The conflict of emotions followed one another across Jurina’s face. “But I believe it’s the right thing to do for SKE. Rena was there from the start, and my WCenter during eight, long years. I simply cannot ignore those facts. Everyone, especially the fans, will expect her to make an appearance. You know that they will.”

Churi couldn’t deny that, when it came to that last aspect and the fans’ expectations, Jurina might unfortunately be a little right.

In hindsight, it made sense that Jurina would want to include her former WCenter to the list of guests. Until the very last minute of her idol career, Jurina was thinking about the group and attempting to please the fans. Churi shouldn’t be astonished by Jurina’s endless dedication. In twelve years, the younger girl had constantly put SKE above all, even sometimes at the expense of her own health. And right now, by considering asking Rena to participate, she was letting her professionalism take the upper hand and guide her decisions.

But at what cost?

Given Rena and Jurina’s past, could the latter really afford to leave her personal feelings aside? After her friend’s last painful encounter with Rena at the hospital three years ago, Churi clearly wasn’t fond of the idea of such a reunion. Not when there was a non-negligible risk that Rena’s presence could cause bad memories to resurface, and reopen old wounds.

For all those precise reasons, Churi felt that she ought to share with her friend the profound doubt invading her. “I understand what you’re trying to achieve, I really do. But are you sure that it’s really what you want? It’s your graduation concert: I wouldn’t want anything or anyone to spoil such a memorable moment of your life.”

For the first time since their conversation had drifted to the older girl who shared the same surname, Jurina turned at last to look at her directly.

“Trust me, I’ve been thinking about it at length. These last days, no matter how many times I mulled it over in my head again and again, I simply cannot imagine her not being here on that day. The way our relationship ended…” Jurina’s voice sank to a whisper, until determination flashed in her eyes. “I shouldn’t let it cloud my judgment when it comes to SKE. Rena deserves to be on that stage, as much as everyone else.”

“I can tell you already made up your mind…” Churi couldn’t ignore how resolute her friend sounded but remained deeply uncertain about the consequences of such a decision. Yet she refused to be too insistent. If her friend truly believed that it was for the best, then what other choice did she have? After all, it was Jurina’s big day. Churi might not approve of her decision, she owed it to her to respect her wishes.

“But I’m not sure that she’ll accept,” Jurina said doubtfully. “She might have other plans, or even refuse to come. During all these years, she never stood on stage with the 48group. She put her idol past behind: there’s a chance she won’t want her image to be associated with SKE again.”

Churi nodded almost imperceptibly. “When…” She kept her voice carefully neutral when she asked. “When are you going to contact her?”

“I was going to send her a text today,” Jurina replied, and began playing nervously with her phone.

“Why don’t you do it later on?” Churi suggested tentatively, sensing Jurina would become far too distracted by her phone - in the waiting expectative of Rena’s reply - if she let her proceed and send that message immediately. “We really need to work on that tracklist.” She insisted gently when she read Jurina’s hesitation. When it didn’t seem to work, Churi changed tactic, and continued on a lighter, small teasing tone. “I know that Yuasa cannot refuse you much, but let’s be realistic: he’ll never let you sing 50 songs.”

Jurina’s eyes grew openly amused and, putting her phone aside, transferred her gaze to her. “You think? Even if I insist? A lot?”

Churi’s mouth twitched with amusement. “I’m afraid not.”

Rena went through her dresser attentively, wondering what kind of clothes she was going to put on for tonight’s dinner. Thankfully, she didn’t need to wear anything especially classy as it was a simple meal between friends, but she was conscious that she absolutely ought to choose warm clothes. A few days ago, the temperature had abruptly dropped. It wouldn’t be Autumn until another month, yet you could almost be deceived by the weather.

Cold, windy, and – if you were unlucky - maybe even a little rain. That’s what the weather forecast had promised for this Saturday evening of early September.

As Rena’s fingers halted at last on a beige sweater, her attention was next caught by a red scarf laying on an upper shelf. It had been a while since she hadn’t worn that piece of clothing in particular, but the view instantly brought back fond memories of that day in Shibuya with Airi. Her thoughts drifted to the girl currently waiting for her in the living room, a smile plastering her features as she made up her mind, and retrieved decidedly both the sweater and the scarf from her dresser.

A few minutes later, once she was fully dressed and prepared, Rena made her way out of the bedroom. She didn’t have to search long to spot her best friend seated on the sofa, silently reading a manga. Approaching, Rena inclined her head slightly to discover what kind of story could be monopolizing Airi’s attention. “The volume 11 of Black Lagoon?” Her voice pitched up in surprise. “Wait. Is that a new volume?! When did he publish the previous one? Five years ago?”

“Six, to be exact and yes, you really need to be patient when it comes to Rei Hiroe’s works,” Airi joked, raising her nose from the page she was reading. “This new volume got released yesterday. You know me, I simply couldn’t let it pass. The wait might be long, it’s always worth it.”

“The number of years doesn’t matter as long as the quality is still here, right?” Rena offered amusingly, taking a seat by her side.

“Exactly,” Airi answered with an assured nod, slowly beginning to close her manga when she noticed the other girl taking a peek at the clock on the wall. “Is it time to leave?”

“Not quite yet.” Rena shook her head softly. “We’re supposed to meet Yosuke and Tsuzumi at the restaurant at 7 PM. We still have half an hour.”

“It will be the first time we’re going out the four of us, no? Where did he meet his girlfriend?” Airi asked in curiosity. “I don’t think you ever told me.”

“Tsuzumi? He met her four months ago. She was an actress in his latest drama.” Rena caught Airi’s manga between her fingers, and flicked through the first pages in interest. “From what he told me, they quickly got along well, and started dating not long after the end of the shooting. I actually met her once: they make a really nice couple.”

“We never heard anything about their relationship in the magazines.” Airi frowned a little, bewildered. “How did they manage to avoid the paparazzi?”

“They are both public figures, and their agencies prefer if they keep a low profile. At least, for a little while,” Rena explained. “So, they are being extremely cautious when they go out in public.”

“Really?” Airi let out a soft sigh. “After all these years, I still don’t completely understand this business. They are not doing anything wrong: they shouldn’t have to hide.”

“This is how the entertainment industry works.” Rena smiled faintly and closed the manga, lowering it on her lap. “Agents don’t really appreciate it when their clients’ private life makes the headlines. They are afraid that it could affect their clients’ reputation or career in some way.”

“I know…” Airi conceded, before looking over her friend’s shoulder, and noticing the black coat and red scarf laying on the sofa’s armrest. The familiar view instantly brought a smile to her lips. “I remember that day when we went to Shibuya. It was such a headache to find a clever way to distract your attention, enough to buy that scarf without you noticing.”

“And you left me all alone in that café,” Rena added in fake indignation. “How could you abandon me in such a way?”

Airi grimaced in good humor. “Sorry, but it was for the good cause. Besides, if I recall correctly, you had a good cook book to keep you company.”

“Did I?” Rena’s eyes widened with false innocence. “Are you sure? I suddenly have a failing memory.”

Their casual, light banter got interrupted by the sound of Rena’s phone beeping and – after exchanging a knowing smile with Airi - Rena diverted her attention to the device placed in front of her on the coffee table. Unlocking her code, Rena saw that she had received a new message, and she pressed her index to the screen to open it. When she discovered the sender’s identity, her face collapsed in an expression of utter disbelief.

Hi Rena,

I’m contacting you because my graduation concert is in two weeks. If you’re available, I would really like you to come and sing on stage with us. You would be completely free to choose the number and the songs you want to perform. I’m conscious that you’ve been staying away from idol activities, but I think it would make the fans and the members very happy to have you on stage.

If you have other plans or you prefer not to come, then please don’t worry too much about it.
Whatever your decision will be, I’ll respect it.

Jurina.

Rena’s breath caught in her throat, her heart beginning to beat faster as she processed with difficulty the words written. Of course, she was aware that Jurina’s graduation concert was in two weeks: there was no way she could have ignored the date of this important event. However, for not one instant, she would have anticipated to receive such invitation. The last time she had been in contact with Jurina was during last year’s SSK, when she had sent the younger girl her congratulations and had been greatly surprised – and equally quite moved - to receive in return Jurina’s kind words for her award.

Despite the cordial mutual exchange of texts, the fact that Jurina would ask her – not simply to be present and assist to her concert, but also to sing on stage - went beyond her comprehension. This concert was not any anecdotic event: it was the day Jurina would officially be closing a significant page of her life. This concert would stay imprinted in everyone’s heads, and this for many more years to come. Wouldn’t Jurina want for such occasion to be surrounded by the people who meant the most to her?

Rena jumped a little when she felt a hand gently closing over her right shoulder and, tilting her head in Airi’s direction, faced her worried look. “What is it? Did something happen?”

“It’s…” Rena struggled to keep her voice steady. “It’s Jurina. She wants me to sing during her graduation concert.”

“She does?” Airi stared at her speechlessly for some long, pregnant seconds. “What are you going to do? Are you going to accept?”

“I…” Rena paused a moment, trying to maneuver her thoughts. “I don’t know. I wasn’t expecting it at all. I don’t understand why she’s inviting me. I don’t think it’s my place to be on that stage with her.”

“She visibly believes the contrary. Otherwise, she wouldn’t have sent you that text,” Airi disapproved gently. “Why don’t you take time to think about it?” Airi reached forward and laid a tentative hand upon Rena’s. “You don’t need to reply immediately.”

Rena’s attention returned to the message, feeling her own fingers slightly shaking around the phone. Are you really sure that this is what you want, Jurina? Rena couldn’t help but ask herself, finding herself terribly indecisive. The last time they met, Jurina had clearly stated that she didn’t want to see her again. And Rena had scrupulously respected Jurina’s wishes during those last three years, carefully keeping her distance with the younger girl. If there was one thing Rena absolutely didn’t wish, it was to make Jurina uncomfortable, or inadvertently cause her pain again.

Rena was indisputably deeply moved that Jurina was inviting her to her graduation concert, and she couldn’t ignore either the small voice inside her head reminding her of the great opportunity it represented: she would be able to see Jurina again. However, Rena’s cautious side - worried about the possible, negative repercussions - wondered if Jurina was truly conscious of what she was asking. 

September 19, 2020.

1 PM.

Jurina’s feet paused at the front of the main stage of the Nagoya Dome and she drew a long breath, briefly glancing up to the geodesic dome closed over her head, before sweeping the baseball stadium and its 40 000 empty seats. Behind her back, she could hear the technical staff finishing making last-minute adjustments, but most of the work had thankfully already been done by now.

All morning, and from the very minute Jurina had arrived at the venue, she had checked even down to the last detail that everything was being well prepared accordingly to her wishes. Sets. Lights. Pyrotechnic effects. Music. Sound check. There was not one aspect that the twenty-three-year-old girl had not meticulously monitored, her perfectionist side refusing categorically to overlook even the smallest problem.

This upcoming event – that would undoubtedly mark the history of SKE - was simply too important to afford the slightest mistake. 

In solely two hours, the first spectators would be arriving and crossing the gates to assist at her graduation concert. As was to be expected, the event had sold out months in advance, which meant the baseball stadium would soon be packed with 40 000 enthusiastic fans. No matter the experience Jurina had acquired through the years, it was impossible not to feel slightly nervous about it. It wasn’t only because she was about to perform in front of such a huge crowd: this Saturday, the pressure was higher than ever.

Today, Jurina had a clear objective in mind: and that was to offer the fans one of the best and memorable shows they had ever seen. She wanted her graduation concert to remain imprinted in the dazzled memories of every spectator.

At the sound of her alarm watch beeping, Jurina looked down to her wrist, grasping by the letters flashing on the watch dial that it was time to make her way towards her next destination. There were still some new costumes that she needed to try on, and a few songs that she wished to rehearse afterwards. Turning on her heels, Jurina crossed the main stage and disappeared backstage, going over the concert’s tracklist in her head as she walked through the corridor leading towards the dressing room.

As Jurina was approaching her objective, the sound of excited feminine voices distracted her from her thoughts and she looked up, noticing in the distance a gathering of SKE members in the corridor. Jurina slowed down her steps despite herself, wondering in curiosity what could be the possible reason behind such a strange agitation. The more she progressed in the corridor, the more Jurina could guess that someone had to be monopolizing the other girls’ attention, but the crowd was too dense and blocking her view.

When Jurina was finally close enough to discover which person in particular was standing in the middle of the circle formed by the other girls, her feet came to a final halt.

Jurina widened her eyes in surprise.

A familiar twenty-nine-year-old girl with long brown hair was chatting with the other members, her mouth curved into a graceful smile as she replied politely to the multiple questions she was being asked. Jurina tried desperately to deny the pulsing knot that had formed in her stomach and the sound of her heart thumping nervously inside her chest, but it was a lost cause.

Two weeks ago, after receiving the positive reply, Jurina strongly believed to have well mentally prepared herself for this reunion. However, considering the current sensations coursing her body, Jurina came to a sudden realization that she had unfortunately greatly underestimated her emotional capacity to stay utterly calm and in control of her emotions next time she would cross path with Rena.

Jurina didn’t know which precise girl of the group noted her presence first. Soon enough, all pairs of eyes turned in her direction, silence falling around them as the conversation came to an abrupt halt. When Rena’s eyes finally met hers, her smile vanished for an instant - wiped away by astonishment - until the older girl quickly composed herself, and pleasure softened slightly her features.

TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 04:02:26 AM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
Re: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (30/?) [WMatsui] (07/11/2017)
« Reply #633 on: November 07, 2017, 10:16:37 PM »
Very good chapter.

Offline Genkikid

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #634 on: November 10, 2017, 05:00:41 AM »
Can I  expect a happy ending in this arc?? Can I? Can I? Can I?

Offline Guacamoolee

• Member+
  • Silent reader
« Reply #635 on: November 12, 2017, 12:53:59 AM »
Woaaaa~ Thank you for the update! It's sure a long wait but it's always worth it. :twothumbs
Firstly, let's put aside WMatsui for awhile because.... Yosuke got a girlfriend!!!! Honestly it gives me so much relieve. I used to thought that he always tried to date Rena :nervous
I'm so glad that Jurina invites Rena to her graduation concert. I hope it will be a good move for their relationship in the future.

Anyway, author-san, reading this chapter makes me remember about something quite similar. Few days ago I read a post on Tumblr about Jurina's confession from Rena's graduation concert pamphlet (which is I didn't know they have this kind of thing until the day I read that), Jurina stated that she wanted to make SKE better and she hopes it will make Rena want to attend SKE48's 10th anniversary concert next year which is it's three years since Rena's graduate. Is this a coincidence or what? But in real life I'm sure they have been in a better relationship than not talking for three years xD
Really hope it will happen!

Can I  expect a happy ending in this arc?? Can I? Can I? Can I?
:deco: :deco: :deco: :deco: :deco: :deco: :deco: :deco: :deco: :deco:

Offline Bukiyou Taiyou

• Member+
« Reply #636 on: November 15, 2017, 12:50:44 PM »
Jurina made a very unselfish decision by inviting Rena to her graduation concert. Their reunion could make her a bit uncomfortable and it could be awkward (or might be worse), but Jurina knew wholeheartedly that Rena did deserve to be there. Their fans expected Rena to be there, and Jurina granted their wish. The fact that Rena came to the concert also showed her mature behaviour. The concert would indeed be memorable for both Matsui and the fans. I'm curious about the song(s) they would sing! :whistle:

Ps. The last paragraph made me hold my breath. I could almost feel the tense the moment their eyes met :prayers:

Thank you for the update, Author-san. You wrote a nice cliffhanger! (It kills me inside to know what would happen next  :frustrated:)

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
Re: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (31/?) [WMatsui] (04/12/2018)
« Reply #637 on: February 04, 2018, 11:24:48 AM »
CHAPTER 31

Rena didn’t often find herself speechless, having grown into a composed and eloquent person over the years, yet Jurina’s unexpected arrival definitely managed to destabilize her. Rena’s lips immediately parted in surprise, her heart suddenly hammering wildly against her ribs, until her mouth progressively drew into a slow, steady smile of pleasure. How many times in the past had she hoped of crossing path with Jurina again? Or of simply have the chance to lay her eyes upon her, even from afar?

The warmth spreading through her chest didn’t only serve to reaffirm her unwavering feelings for Jurina: it also made her realize the great opportunity that this graduation concert represented. Could this truly be the second chance Yosuke had once mentioned to her? Much as Rena wanted with every fiber of her being to believe in this possibility, her cautious side refused to raise false hope.

Rena couldn’t foresee what laid ahead of them once this day of September would be over. Maybe fate would decide that a reconnection was impossible after all, and they would end up saying goodbye and splitting ways once and for all. No matter what the future had in store for both of them, Rena had one absolute certitude anchored deep within her: she needed to take advantage of this incredible chance she had been given, and relish every precious second by Jurina’s side.

“Hello, Jurina,” Rena spoke up, trying her best to keep her voice steady when she finally summoned the composure to speak. “How are you?”

“Hi, I’m fine,” Jurina replied, offering her a small, shy smile in return. “I’m surprised to see you here. I wasn’t expecting you so soon.”

Taken aback, Rena regarded her quizzically for a moment. “You… weren’t?”

“Your text,” Jurina quickly continued. “You said you would arrive at 2 PM. It’s barely 1 PM… You are in advance.”

“Ah yes…” Rena understood the other girl’s confusion better, indeed legitimate when she recalled the message she had sent Jurina in the morning. “But after seconds thoughts, I wanted to give myself enough time to rehearse the choreographies. I haven’t danced certain songs in years: I lack a little practice.”

“Oh, of course,” Jurina nodded in understanding, turning to the left. “The dancing room is at the end of the corridor: last door on your right.”

“Yes, I remember…” A smile of gratitude touched Rena’s lips. When Jurina brought her attention back to her, their gazes silently lingered, until Rena became progressively self-conscious of all the other pairs of eyes on her, and that everyone was listening to their conversation. There were so many other things that Rena wished to say to her but clearly, it was nor the right time nor the best place.

“I think we’d better get inside,” Rena said, politely addressing the other SKE members surrounding her. “We are a little in the way, here.”

A few heads nodded in agreement and the group progressively scattered, the girls leaving the corridor they were occupying to push the door of the dressing room. Rena quietly followed them inside and, as her eyes fell on Jurina’s retreating form, an uneasy feeling gnawed at the back of her mind. More than anything, she hoped that her presence wouldn’t be an inconvenience, or cause Jurina’s discomfort. As Rena was falling prey to her doubts, Jurina - almost as if she was conscious of eyes peering at her – tilted her head back in her direction.

Rena easily read the nervousness playing over Jurina’s features, reminding her that the younger girl had never been incredibly brilliant at concealing her emotions. Rena tensed despite herself, until she noticed Jurina’s face brightening ever so slightly. The visual interchange was short but enough for now to relax her a little, a smile unconsciously finding its way through Rena’s mask of uncertainty.

As soon as Rena stepped inside the dressing room, she reluctantly averted her gaze from the younger girl to scan the place in search of an empty seat, easily spotting an unoccupied makeup booth further away on her left. Approaching, she removed her vest and settled down, desperately trying to empty her head and slow her pumping heart. Deep down, Rena was conscious that she absolutely ought to control her emotions better if she wished to be efficient during rehearsal, and perform well on stage later.

Leaving her cellphone aside on the table, Rena unzipped her backpack and checked its content with a certain apprehension. When she noted that she had thankfully brought everything she needed - especially her sport outfit and her makeup kit - she breathed a sigh of relief. All morning, she had felt her stomach churning with anxiety at the imminence of her anticipated reunion with Jurina.

It was more than a miracle that she hadn’t forgotten anything.

“Do you need… anything?”

At the sound of a feminine voice addressing her from behind hesitantly, Rena jumped a little and tilted her head to the right, witnessing a familiar young girl now standing by her side. “Ah, Jurina…” Rena stammered. So deeply lost in her own thoughts, she had failed completely to hear or even notice anyone approaching.

Jurina, who hadn’t missed her reaction, shot her a small embarrassed look. “Sorry… I didn’t mean to startle you.”

“No, it’s fine…” Recollecting herself, Rena brushed it off with a tentative, reassuring smile. “Thank you, but I don’t believe I need anything,” she replied, until her eyes lit up in realization. “Ah, yes, I need the concert setlist. But you must be very busy, so don’t worry about it. I’ll ask a staff member to-”

“No need,” Jurina interrupted her. “Just give me a second.”

Rena didn’t have time to add another word that the other girl had already turned on her heels. Rena parted her lips in surprise and observed the latter as she rummaged through a blue backpack a few makeup booths away, before coming back a few seconds later with a document secured in her hand. “Here’s the concert setlist. You can keep it.”

“Thank you…” Rena accepted the paper handled to her. “Wait. Are you sure?” she asked doubtfully after recognizing Jurina’s handwriting: she had scribbled a few notes on it. “No, this is yours. It’s best if I ask the staff for a new one.”

“No, keep it. I really don’t need it anymore,” Jurina shook her head in protest. “I read it so many times already, that I know all the songs and their order by heart.”

After a moment’s hesitation, Rena relented. “Alright…” she nodded and placed the setlist in front of her. As she began to read the document carefully, she was caught off guard when she noticed that the other girl had not left as she anticipated, but was instead taking a seat next to her. Jurina’s sudden move caused Rena to lose focus, and her eyes paused abruptly on the text as they were traveling down the document.

Rena tried to ignore the new presence by her side and concentrate on the list, much in vain as she found herself far too distracted by Jurina’s proximity. At last, when she found it simply utterly impossible to focus on the task at hand, she glanced up from the paper and slowly tilted her head in Jurina’s direction, only to find the other girl watching her.

Jurina was looking at her with something very fragile in her eyes; a certain shyness quite uncharacteristic of her. But it wasn’t the only emotion that Rena distinguished as she held Jurina’s gaze, one that seemed to stare right into her soul. As she got easily lost in those brown eyes that she had always found so mesmerizing, Rena was struck by the incredible tenderness perceptible in the depth of Jurina’s eyes.

“Did you…” Rena felt herself shiver, and had to regain discipline over her voice. “Did you want to tell me something else?”

“Oh, I…” Jurina tore her eyes away, embarrassment creeping into her cheeks. “I just wanted to make sure that everything was clear for you. So, if you have any questions…”

“Oh, thank you…” Rena surely didn’t believe to deserve such personal attention. Nevertheless, she felt deeply moved by Jurina’s kindness towards her. “I think I’ll be fine, but I’ll finish checking the list just in case.”

Rena brought her attention back to the sheet, but soon found herself pausing in her reading once again. In fact, there was an important question that she had meant to ask Jurina before the beginning of the concert: a sensitive topic that she didn’t want to broach earlier on in front of the other girls. Of course, they were far from being alone in the dressing room right now but the other members were speaking amongst themselves and minding their own business, and not paying attention to them in the slightest.

Rena wasn’t sure when or if she would ever have the occasion again to have a privileged moment alone with Jurina before the beginning of the concert, and it occurred to her that this was in fact the ideal moment to voice out loud her concerns.

“I wanted to thank you for inviting me. I’m really touched that you did but…” Rena cut herself off in mid-sentence, glancing back at Jurina apprehensively. “But are you sure that my presence won’t be… an issue?”

“Why would it be?” Jurina frowned in perplexity. “Did you not see the other members’ reactions? They were so happy to see you, and it’s obvious that the fans will react the same way when you’ll appear on stage. Don’t you think they all will be excited to see you?”

But that’s not what I’m asking. Rena felt a tremor of unease, now uncomfortable at the idea and growing possibility that Jurina could not be telling the complete truth, but instead hiding her true feelings for the benefit of others. What if this was a terrible mistake after all? What if she had not thought this through properly before accepting Jurina’s invitation?

“I’m not doing this for the fans or for SKE. That’s not the reason why I accepted to come,” Rena said at last.

Jurina gave her a small, puzzled look. “It’s… not?”

Rena shook her head negatively, a faint smile grazing her lips. “I came for you, because you asked me to. If you hadn’t sent me that text, I wouldn’t have accepted to participate. That’s why I need you to be completely honest with me.” Her expression clouded in concern. “If you’re having second thoughts about this, then please tell me. I will understand and won’t feel offended by it. And if it’s necessary then… Then I will leave.”

Jurina’s eyes widened in alarm. “No, don’t leave. I don’t want you to leave. No one pushed me or forced me to invite you. Don’t ever think that.”

Jurina grabbed her hand without warning, the touch of Jurina’s fingers around hers sending a shock wave through her entire body. Completely taken aback by the unexpected gesture, Rena’s breath caught in her lungs, until she slowly glanced downward to their joined hands. Jurina’s fingers were holding her hand into a tight grip, almost as if the younger girl was terrified that Rena would flee or disappear from her sight at any instant.

The physical contact didn’t last more than a fleeting moment, as Jurina – a flash of realization crossing over her features – abruptly loosened her hold on Rena’s hand and looked down sideways, as if overcome with embarrassment. “I’m just so happy that you could come. Stay… Please stay.”

Rena felt her heart tightening beneath her ribs at Jurina’s last pleading tone. All doubts and any hesitation she might have had before vanished into thin air, having obtained the answer she had hoped and longed for all along. “Then, I’ll be here for you…” Rena murmured. Pondering over her next move, Rena felt the irrepressible need to reassure the other girl and - tentatively reaching out for Jurina’s fingers - gently covered them with her own. Feeling the warmth of Jurina’s skin emanating beneath her fingertips, Rena couldn’t fight the urge, albeit timidly, to brush the back of Jurina’s hand. “I’m not going anywhere.”

Jurina finally dared to face her, Rena glad to see her eyes lighting up with nothing else but content and relief. A soft and loving curve unconsciously touched Rena’s lips at Jurina’s genuine reaction, feeling a surge of affection for her flowing through her veins. When Jurina laced Rena’s fingers with her own tentatively, Rena’s heart thudded noisily within her, reminding her once again that the number of years and the separation had not managed to alter or diminish her feelings of love for the other girl.

Akane remained studiously focused on the rhythm of the music as she danced in front of the large mirrors in the rehearsal room, scrupulously checking that each and every one of her steps was well synchronized with the song currently playing in the air. Never mind how many times she had performed Cross in the past, she had already graduated from the group back in 2018, and had rarely the occasion to dance on stage since then. In fact, the last time she had performed this particular song was a year ago, when she had been invited to participate in SKE’s 2019 Request Hour. 

There was no denying that, with the absence of daily training, her body was no longer as fit as it used to be. When she was still a prominent member of SKE, dance practice was her daily lot, and her body could easily take in hours of dancing and physical effort without protesting. After her departure from the idol group, she irrevocably said goodbye to this demanding aspect of her life, her new career as a photographer thankfully not asking of her more than inspiration and creativity.

That’s why she hadn’t hesitated to occupy the dancing room upon her arrival at the Nagoya Dome, and rehearsed the steps of each song she was going to perform this afternoon, not wishing to take the risk of making unfortunate mistakes once on stage. As the last notes of Cross faded in the background, Akane took a good moment to catch her breath before walking back to the CD player. Taking a peek at the setlist, she discovered with satisfaction that she had gone through all her songs.

After an hour of assiduous dancing, Akane was quite confident to have freshened up her memory enough and have all choreographies well mastered. Yet, she studied the list once again, reflecting whether she should go over a few tricky songs one last time, just in case. She didn’t have the opportunity to make up her mind as she heard the front door creaking, prompting her to look up in curiosity.

The feminine silhouette that had made her arrival made her freeze: Rena Matsui, the former SKE idol she hadn’t seen in three years, was standing on the doorstep.

The shock caused the words to wedge in her throat. 

When Akane found out from Jurina that the older Matsui had accepted Jurina’s invitation, she had been completely caught off guard by the revelation. Back then, she didn’t want to sound too pessimistic when Jurina shared her wish to invite her former WCenter, but Akane was convinced that Rena would refuse to come. After all, hadn’t Rena made a point of staying away from idol activities during all these years?

That’s why, even up to that day, Akane still couldn’t fathom the reason behind this strange and inexplicable twist.

“Ah, I didn’t know there was already someone here…” Rena murmured apologetically and took a small step back. “I’ll come back later.”

“No, it’s…” Akane’s voice trailed away uneasily. “It’s alright, you can come in. I was finished anyway. I was going to leave.”

“Are you sure?” Rena asked hesitantly. “I really don’t mind waiting if you need more time to rehearse.”

“I’m sure,” Akane replied, forcing herself to smile as she hastily removed the CD from the player. “The room is all yours.” 

Akane turned on her heels and left, moving towards the place where she had dropped her sports bag early on. As she kneeled by her bag and placed her drink and towel inside, she sensed behind her the sound of the front door closing and light footsteps slowly entering the room. Akane felt her stomach tightening and desperately fought to keep her fragile control, closing her bag once she made sure she had gathered everything up.

When Rena’s progression inside the room came to a sudden halt and the place plunged into a deep silence, the unwelcome tension stretched ever tighter between them. Akane took a moment to recollect herself and, still purposely avoiding eye contact with the other girl, shut her eyes close to try and steady the wave of discomfort sweeping through her. Of course, she was more than conscious that they would at some point cross paths today: it was inevitable since she and Rena were going to share the same stage for a couple of songs.

Nevertheless, Akane had secretly hoped that their interactions would stay limited, and under no circumstances they would find themselves entirely alone.

This undesired encounter in the rehearsal room was placing her in an incredibly difficult position. A small voice inside her head was urging her to mind her own business and leave the room without further ado. However, she couldn’t ignore another voice telling a completely different story, nor the sense of frustration growing inside her. A swift shadow of anger swept across her face when Akane shot her eyes open, and glanced over her shoulder in Rena’s direction.

Manifestly, Jurina had been able to put her personal feelings aside for the sake of SKE, but not the same could be said about herself. In fact, Akane was still absolutely convinced that Jurina had made a tremendous mistake by inviting the actress to her concert. It might have already been three years since that fateful day of April, certain painful images were still vividly imprinted in Akane’s mind. It was impossible for her to forget the deep sorrow Rena had caused Jurina, nor the cruel way in which she had shattered Jurina’s heart into pieces, someone who loved her so unconditionally.

Unbeknown to Rena, who was busy preparing herself and already sliding a new CD in the player, Akane’s expression grew hard and resentful.

When Rena had visited Jurina at the hospital after the incident during handshake, Akane hadn’t been able to control herself, and vented her frustration and anger to Airi. Akane clearly didn’t feel proud of this moment and, since that day, decided to keep her thoughts to herself, and not question her friend anymore about Rena’s behavior. Instead, she preferred to focus on what she deemed the most important during this difficult period of her life Jurina was going through: to be a supportive, caring and loyal friend to her.

It had taken a while, but Jurina’s suffering had eventually ended, Akane seeing the light slowly and progressively returning in her friend’s eyes.

Today, Akane wasn’t exactly sure what kind of impact Rena’s presence was going to have on Jurina. What if it only served to rub salt in the wound? No matter the consequences, Akane was absolutely certain that having Rena by her side wouldn’t leave Jurina indifferent: it simply never did. That’s why she couldn’t find the strength within her to stay quiet. Not anymore. “I’m surprised that you accepted to come,” Akane said dryly, pulling herself to her feet. “I didn’t think that you would.”

Akane’s eyes bore sternly into Rena’s back, waiting for a reaction, but the other girl didn’t move nor did she speak, almost as if she hadn’t heard her. Eventually, Rena turned around to look at her directly. “I came because Jurina asked me.”

Akane wasn’t fooled by Rena’s good manners and cordial smile. By the momentary look of discomfort crossing her face, Akane could tell she had managed to destabilize her interlocutor. “I’m afraid that your presence here will affect her,” Akane stated, irritated. “This is her big day: she already has enough pressure on her shoulders as it is. And with you here, she…”

Akane stopped abruptly when her voice took on a new note that frightened her: it had indeed become way sharper than she initially intended. Grasping that she had unconsciously let herself get carried away by her emotions, Akane had time to witness the astonishment touching Rena’s face before she looked away, embarrassed by what she had uttered.

“You have every reason for being angry at me and not wanting me here,” after a pregnant pause, Rena replied lucidly. “But no matter what you think of me and of my past actions, I have no intention of going anywhere.”

Akane frowned and stared back at her in confusion, taken aback by Rena’s confident tone. “I just don’t want her to get hurt again,” Akane said in a voice faint with disbelief and incomprehension. “She has been through so much already, and she will remember this moment for the rest of her life. If anything bad happens today…”

“I’m not here to cause her pain,” Rena said somewhat guardedly, yet decisively. “Believe me, I had the same initial doubts as you. I was afraid too that my presence would do more harm than good. But when I spoke with her earlier on, I realized that she genuinely wanted me here. That’s why I can’t disappoint her, especially not today. I will not leave. I can’t.”

There was such an air of finality in Rena’s tone, that Akane suddenly became conscious than nothing she could say next would change Rena’s mind or turn the tide in her favor. Admittedly, Akane was a little startled to discover that the two girls had already interacted today, and she strongly hoped that this encounter hadn’t left Jurina too shaken by it. No matter the words they had exchanged, it had visibly managed to strengthen Rena’s plan to follow through with this.

Without adding another word, Akane retrieved her sports bag from the floor and walked towards the exit. As she reached the front door and the first notes of Ame no Pianist filled the air of the rehearsal room, Akane stole one last look at Rena and quietly observed her as she began to dance. Akane wished she didn’t find herself so anxious about the outcome of this important day, but maybe she needed this time to have a little more faith in Rena.

TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 03:21:21 AM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline JurinaN

• renbell_30
    • jurirena_wmatsui
Re: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (31/?) [WMatsui] (04/02/2018)
« Reply #638 on: February 04, 2018, 01:29:47 PM »
Glad you're back author-san :D
I have been waiting for your update
This year is SKE48 10th anniversary, I hope Rena will come make her appearance once again. Your fanfic give me a hope.
Nice story as always :twothumbs

Offline Bukiyou Taiyou

• Member+
Re: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (31/?) [WMatsui] (04/02/2018)
« Reply #639 on: February 04, 2018, 03:04:24 PM »
WELCOME BACK, AUTHOR-SAN!
*internally screaming for this update* :tama-laff:

I'm sooo happy when I saw JPHIP Forum appeared on my email to notify that my favourite author just updated Destiny.
I read it slowly, felt asdfghjkl between now and then, couldn't help smiling when Rena interacted with Jurina (though awkward at first yet cute [I'm that biased], and smiled ear to ear for a very simple gesture like when Jurina's fingers holding Rena's hand hehehe...)  :tama-heart:

It's nice to see what Rena thought of her first meeting with Jurina after a while. Jurina was surprisingly calm, I want to know what happened inside her brain. Did she feel the beating heart like Rena's? :tama-yeeaah:

I'm feeling content with their smooth meeting. Jurina deserves the best on her graduation day. Rena's decision to stay is surely doubled her happiness.
About Rena's song for that day, is it only Ame no Pianist? I hope she will have a duet with Jurina. :prayers: Or at least, a song with both of them in it.

I'm surprised that Churi still couldn't take Rena's appearance very well. She was just being a loyal friend, but maybe this time she interfered a bit too much? I mean, what did she expect? Watching Rena retreat from the concert when it was Jurina who invited her in the first place?  :catglare:
Please have a little faith in Rena, Churi. :kneelbow:

Thank you for this update, Sophcaro. You said on Twitter that you struggled with writer's block for three months; it makes me even more grateful for the continuation of this fic. I know it's not easy to be persistent to write for years. You're the best!

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Polysics - Baby Bias