JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ladies` Code - Chaconne

Author Topic: AKB48 Stock Trading Game  (Read 38019 times)

Offline Rust

• Member+
  • またまた エリカ様
Re: AKB48 Stock Trading Game
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2012, 07:15:05 PM »
^lol yeah I noticed. However after the last auction, I was busy trading making good on my one million spare cash, now I have almost no cash. :nervous I managed to got some Maiyan, Nanamin, & Sayurin stocks, & must say they are doing awesome! Still no luck with Ikuchan thou. :banghead: & no cash for more auctions for now. :nervous

Good thing there's still time, so I can managed to raise cash. Yesterday's amount of trading met new height for me btw, I managed to trade some 128 stocks! Althou the 200 stock trading bonus isn't much, but since I already made it that far, it was very tempting for me to try to reach it. Alas 200 it seems I cannot reach. :catglare:

I also managed to up my account value to ¥ 2,707,564 during the process too. :)

They are trying to revamp the dividend system too! I personally think its a good thing, as the current system over-reward g+ (& somehow that means NMB lol) & punish members who are actually doing well but haven't manage to touch g+ (mostly senbatsu AKB members).
E.g. mayuyu, jurina, ace material sitting around ¥ 30,000; AKB's cm queen & fashionista tomochin at ¥ 36,000, while NMB's nana is over A Hundred Thousand!!! :bleed eyes:
Even mirurun (as much as I like her) managed ¥ 41,200, which frankly speaking doesn't reflect her value imo (too high).

What do you folks think of the dividend revamp?

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2012, 07:26:00 PM »

I hope they don't change it too much, tbh. You can't keep making fundamental changes to a game like this, it's unfair.
People base their strategies on the rules of the game and if you change the rules that can have severe consequences.
While I do agree that the value of certain members isn't properly reflected, the value of that member in the game may differ.
I have no problem with that as such. Aw well, let's see what they'll come up with.

I'm down about 60K on Ikuta so my account value dropped to ¥ 4,385,429. Can't complain, I guess. lol

And yeah, I never reached 200 day either. Even when I ditched all my Kasai and bought new I barely reached 150 iirc.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2012, 09:21:47 AM »

What are the new dividend rules? I can't find them anywhere.

I do notice they now have a manual as well, which made me finally understand their short selling system.

I haven't really done anything in ages.

Chihiro

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2012, 11:04:07 AM »

What are the new dividend rules? I can't find them anywhere.

They're not up yet: "Dividends are being reworked right now, so this page will be rewritten once the details are laid out."

and +1 on finally understanding short selling :lol:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2012, 04:18:18 PM »
It's New Year and I figured it would be fun to post the current situation so I can see how things develop.

Account value: ¥ 4,948,115 spread over 167 shares.

My goal was to break 5 million, but Rena's down a bit so that didn't happen. Aw well, can't complain  XD
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 04:24:10 PM by SomethingWild »

Offline Rust

• Member+
  • またまた エリカ様
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2012, 07:02:42 PM »
Account value: ¥ 2,910,060 spread over 261 stocks + ¥ 170,290 in cash reserve.
Goal was to break ¥ 3 million. Didn't happen, but oh well. :nervous

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2013, 12:20:57 PM »
^ooh, that's a lot of stock!

I broke my target! All it needed was a couple more hours  XD

Account value: ¥ 5,352,425  :twothumbs

Offline Rust

• Member+
  • またまた エリカ様
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2013, 09:11:27 PM »
^congratz on breaking your target! :thumbup

I finally got Ikuchan stocks! They are so expensive for me thou... :catglare: oh well.
I immediately bought 5 badges too. Wasting money already. :nervous

Account value: ¥ 2,919,208
Not budging much closer to my target at all. :nervous oh well. Got my Ikuchan stocks. :thumbup

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2013, 01:30:10 AM »
Still not really playing it anymore (apart from to collect my daily bonus)...

But I've  been hearing on twitter that NMB stocks are going nuts. A few members over 100k, and then some lesser known members going for ridiculous amounts, like http://www.48kei.net/stocks/%e4%ba%95%e5%b0%bb%e6%99%8f%e8%8f%9c and http://www.48kei.net/stocks/%e4%b8%89%e6%b5%a6%e4%ba%9c%e8%8e%89%e6%b2%99 for example

Chihiro

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2013, 06:40:05 PM »
NMB stocks are going nuts.

Buying one Milky share right now would cost you ¥ 169,000  :lol: Crazy.
There's this other NMB girl who posts like 20 G+ messages in one day who is quite expensive too.

I was looking at the main group indices and it the groups' worth seem like this AKB > NMB > SKE > HKT > N46.
Especially the N46 looks really flat. After the initial auction crazy everything settles down super fast. I guess it'll stay that way until the next single releases or something.

Ikuta and Sasshi had a bit of a dip today, but they are back making me reach the next target: ¥ 6,130,418!

Offline lusobr

• Member+
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2013, 08:44:02 PM »
NMB stock has been high ever since I joined the game. They had the most suspicious price spikes I've seen so far. Now it has somewhat settled down. It didn't make sense then that their price was higher than SKE for instance, but now that they announced an album it makes sense for their prices to be up there. Since Nogizaka members don't use G+, have less CM's and their first solo act is far away it makes sense their price is low. Not to mention 2nd generation auditions that should drive some of the back-row members numbers down. The risk of forced graduation is high right now for some NGK members. Specially considering they have no regular theater performances and too many girls for what they do right now.

My strategy is doing fine. It's slow because my stocks are at a bad place to sell right now, but my goal is inching closer every day.

Offline Rust

• Member+
  • またまた エリカ様
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2013, 04:55:02 AM »
I traded 236 stocks today, as part of a major restructuring of my portfolio in hope of better growth in the future. So I gained the bonus. :thumbup
Reason being my stocks have been stuck around 3 millions since forever. :lol:
Prolly have to do with the fact that the lion share of my stocks are Nogizaka stocks, & they are kind of staled. Should have invested in those NMB stocks. :nervous

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2013, 11:41:10 AM »
Not sure what happened while I was asleep but a lot of the stock went up! Maybe new people joined pushing up the prices or something.
Both Rena and Sasshi are higher than ever, which is good for me since I passed another barrier at: ¥ 9,470,558  XD

I doubt it will last though. I was considering selling my Rena's, but she's the only one I get dividend from so it's a tough choice.
If I sell Rena at 131K I could invest in someone new, but none of the girls I have my eye on get decent dividend so it seems like a waste to sacrifice Rena for them.

Once the single spree if over I'm going to take more risk, because the game is getting a tad boring. I'm too calculating, haha.
After the spree I might sell it all and only invest in my top favs regardless of their future or dividend.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 01:30:55 PM by SomethingWild »

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2013, 04:15:53 PM »
Account value: ¥ 3,074,303 :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

I did something I now regret: sold my Jurina shares. I thought I'd sell them at 100% profit and invest in some other girls. One small problem: there's nothing interesting to invest in. :lol: I definitely should have at least waited until the next single came out. I dunno, I mostly did it because I'm kinda bored. All I've done lately is collect my bonus. When all your money is in stocks, there's not much else to do. And now, I have 500k I don't know what to do with. :lol:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2013, 01:56:53 PM »
Prices are still going up, up, up!  :panic:

I just broke another barrier: Account value: ¥ 21,226,460   :twothumbs
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 04:03:43 PM by SomethingWild »

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2013, 06:52:46 PM »

Crazy value....

Just checked mine... Account value: ¥ 6,032,387
But I got 780,000 in balance, haven't done anything in forever...

Chihiro

Offline Rust

• Member+
  • またまた エリカ様
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2013, 07:09:54 PM »

Barrie-san you're an invesntment guru!!! How on earth are you managing to make such crazy profits!!! :bleed eyes:

I'm currently @ account value: ¥ 3,344,042 divided between 202 stocks + ¥ 902,342 in cash.
Not really budging.  :nervous

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2013, 07:37:55 PM »
Just checked mine... Account value: ¥ 6,032,387

I'm sure the last time I looked I was at 3 million, and was wondering why the large increase.

And when I looked at my portfolio, I saw two of my stocks are now worth over 100k each  :panic:
Thank you Mayu and Jurina, I bought you both when you were at 20k...

Chihiro

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2013, 12:37:24 PM »
Made another 2.4 million while I was asleep: Account value: ¥ 23,621,186  O0  :lol:

How on earth are you managing to make such crazy profits!!!

Like Jul3 mentioned, a lot of the stock blew up (and is still doing so) so naturally that helps a lot.

Tip 1. My advice would to only keep 100K or so maximum in cash. Cash is money that isn't properly invested.
For example, if you put that 900K in pretty much any girl, chances are it will have gone up by now since all indeces are still rising.
In other words, always invest!

Tip 2. "Free" stock. Any stock under 2500 yen (or 3500 yen for better known members) or any stock that's up for IPO is a good deal. the stock will go up eventually due to birthday or single events. I bought my Takada Shiori at 3,500 and with SKE48's upcoming single release it's now up to 42,000! BAM.

Tip 3. Think big, think ahead, don't limit yourself. In other words, when a stock has been at 25K for ages, that doesn't mean buying one at 45K is a bad deal. For example, I bought Rena stock at around 65K which was an enormous amount at the time. However, I expected Rena's stock would go up so I bought it anyway. Turns out I was right because Rena is now at 279K making my initial 65K seem like the bargain of a lifetime.

Of course I have several other strategies and tips but the idea of the game is to figure those out for yourself  :P
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 12:45:42 PM by SomethingWild »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2013, 01:22:25 PM »
Another barrier broken at ¥ 33,468,888

I've been getting bored with this game since it just goes on... Stock and cash accumulates without any clear purpose.
I've seen some people suggest that you can make it interesting by setting goals for yourself, for example to collect member badges. Collect as much as you can from one girl and become the #1 fan, or try to get complete teams, etc. Idk... Might be a nice change of pace.

I'm tempted to sell it all and only buy Rena's, but I don't want to waste all the work I've done so far, so I'll wait until the major singles have been released.

I sold all my Shiitan's as soon as the news broke and got around 45K for most of them. I guess some people hadn't heard the news yet. Just in time, since she dropped to 30K last night.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 05:26:13 PM by SomethingWild »

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ladies` Code - Chaconne