JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Holstein - December

Author Topic: Until Tomorrow Comes  (Read 3132 times)

Offline freya86

• Fangirl Extraordinaire
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Until Tomorrow Comes
« on: January 29, 2006, 11:45:50 PM »
Newbie bringing fic  :P  I've written a couple of pieces, so I decided to share one.

It's Yuko/Kei (something I've not seen over here so far), as most of my stories are  :D  OTP much?

Anyway, I decided to start with a tame story, but I'll probably also be posting over in the pervs section, even though my fictions rarely cross hard R! And they're not all that long, so be warned!

Hope you enjoy!

~*~
Title: Until Tomorrow Comes
Author: freya86
Disclaimer: Nothing in this ever happened. God, how I wish it did!!!
Rating: PG
Pairing: pre-Yuko/Kei
Summary: Kei feels as if she’s slowly going crazy ...

~*~

The cool night air feels good against her overheated skin, a constant rush of soothing silk brushing over her body, caressing, like the hands of a mother, or a lover.

Kei doesn’t know what she’d prefer at this moment.

Maybe none, maybe both, maybe something else entirely, something she has no idea what that would be.

She feels as if she’s slowly going crazy, in this so-called life of hers, unsure who she is, what’s going on, what will be in the next years.

Or maybe it’s her life that’s going crazy and she’s just stuck in the middle, too slow to react.

Whatever it is, it’s making her head spin and her stomach turn and she feels even sicker now than before, before she stepped out on the balcony.

She turns her head towards the wind, breathes deeply, and her eyes lift towards the black night sky, where the moon is full but partly hidden behind a lucent cloud.

It seems so far away, but when she reaches her hand towards the sky, she can almost touch it, almost feel the cool light radiating off the yellow pane while she knows, of course, that it’s all just imagination.

But the moon seems too much a metaphor of her own life right now to listen to the nagging voice in the back of her mind, so she pushes it back, and it’s not for the first time that night.

“Here you are!”

The voice behind her, unexpected, startles her and she spins around, one hand above her heart, breathing heavily, but it’s only Yuko, standing there in the doorway in her short night-gown, hair tousled and eyes sleepy.

It is, after all, in the middle of the night, Kei reminds herself, and they are supposed to be asleep at this hour.

Yet it seems Kei isn‘t the only one who’s restless tonight, even though, she thinks, there might be a more plausible answer as for why Yuko is awake now and why she wasn’t the last time Kei checked on her.

Yuko yawns and stretches her arms over her head, rubbing a hand up and down her back, and it appears that Kei’s couch might not be the most comfortable place to spend a night on after all and suddenly she feels bad for letting her friend sleep on it instead of letting her have the bed.

But Yuko doesn’t complain, even though she seems to guess Kei’s train of thoughts, judging from the way she smiles at her, and Kei smiles back as Yuko joins her at the railing, her eyes wandering over the city lights, and Kei enjoy the silence they descend into.

It ends too soon, though, when next to her, Yuko sighs heavily and turns to face her, a frown on her face and worry in her eyes.

“What’s going on?” she asks and her voice has that don’t-bullshit-me sound to it which always makes Kei flinch inwardly, and now is no difference, except that she manages to hide it, because showing it would mean Yuko’s right and that’s the last thing Kei wants right now.

She has enough problems, no need to add another one.

So she puts on her best innocent face and shrugs her shoulders, but her eyes fail to hold Yuko’s and her words don’t even sound convincing to her own ears.

“Nothing”, she says, “though I think I might have caught a little cold.”

Yuko doesn’t reply to this, but there’s no need for her to because the way she looks at her, face set sternly, arms crossed over her chest, is enough to wipe the smile of Kei’s face and she lowers her head, hands on the railing suddenly holding on tighter than just moments before.

Still, even though Yuko knows she was lying, telling the truth is still not an option, and so Kei takes the only way out she’s left.

“I don’t want to talk about it”, she whispers, words muffled behind the curtain of her hair.

She doesn’t have to look at Yuko to know that she’s hurt that Kei’s keeping something from her, something which is obviously bothering her greatly.

Maybe even disappointed that Kei seems to feel she can’t trust her with her problems, both disappointed in Kei and in herself, because that’s just the way Yuko is.

So Kei raises her head to catch a glimpse of Yuko’s face and what she sees there is just what she was trying to avoid – a friend hurting, because of her – yet another addition to her ever-growing list.

“It’s nothing to do with you, don’t worry”, she tries to reassure Yuko, even though she knows that she’s only telling half the truth, and, as if to prove her point, reaches out to cover one of the other woman’s hands again resting on the railing.

Yuko smiles gently, but there’s still a certain wistful air hanging around her and Kei looks away again, taking her hand with her, her eyes wandering back to the moon, shining brightly above their heads now that the clouds have given way for a few moments.

So close and yet so far, she remembers and she thinks that, if she was alone out here, this would be the moment for her to start crying, but of course she won’t, not now, not with Yuko here with her.

She can feel Yuko’s arms sneaking around her waist, hugging her close from behind, and Kei brings her own hands to cover Yuko’s, their fingers entwining over Kei’s stomach.

Almost unconsciously, she leans back against Yuko, her left cheek pressing against Yuko’s right as her head lulls back and she can feel herself almost relaxing, some of the weight lifting off her shoulders.

“I’m sorry”, Kei murmurs, so softly that Yuko would’ve missed it if their heads weren’t right next to each other, and she really means it.

Behind her, Yuko squeezes a little tighter and shakes her head.

“It’s all right”, she whispers, pressing a quick kiss to Kei’s cheek, and Kei knows that that it really is, at least for now.

She will need to tell her some day.

But for tonight, they settle back into silence, comfortably wrapped around each other, until Kei feels Yuko shivering behind her, goose bumps forming on her arms, and Kei feels her own eyes slipping close.

They really should get back to sleep, she thinks, and then remembers Yuko’s makeshift bed on her couch, feeling bad all over again.

Without really thinking, Kei pulls out of Yuko’s embrace and squeezes Yuko’s hand, taking the lead without a word, and Yuko follows, as stunned as she is, like a little child, shaking from the cold.

Inside her apartment, in her bedroom, it suddenly seems a lot more awkward than just moments before on the balcony, especially when Yuko agrees to take the bed but doesn’t let go of Kei’s hand.

“You need a good sleep tonight”, she says, “and you won’t find that on the couch.”

Kei can feel herself blushing and lowers her head, the color rushing to her cheeks for a different reason than Yuko thinks.

“Don’t worry, it wasn’t all that bad for me to sleep on it”, Yuko reassures her, tugging at Kei’s hand and bringing her down next to her.

“But I think you could need this”, and she gestures between Kei, herself and the bed and Kei doesn’t know what to say.

So she wraps her arms around Yuko, holding on tightly, her face buried in the crook of the other woman’s neck, and murmurs a soft “thank you”, feeling Yuko smile against her skin.

“You’re welcome”, she replies and her breath dusts over Kei’s bare back, making her shiver and hold on even tighter.

Without another word, Yuko lowers them into a laying position, draws the blanket around them and turns off the light, leaving them comfortably enveloped by already fading darkness.

Wrapped securely in Yuko’s arms, Kei can feel sleep claiming her once again tonight, but this time, she knows, she’ll be able to rest peacefully, without waking again until tomorrow comes.

FIN

// renai revolution ~ a j-pop/h!p slash community~ // yuko . kei . aika . koha . kanna . nacchi //

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Until Tomorrow Comes
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 09:56:53 AM »
Oh baby! That sounds pretty perv to me! Can't wait for the X Rated version  :twisted:

Offline bluekinoko

• Member+
Wah hisashiburi~
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 01:57:36 AM »
Its been such a long time since I have read this one! I decided to run through all your fics and have a read. I remember reading this one for the first time - Sweeeeeeet~

☆ひとみちゃんのためなら バイト バイト バイト!☆

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Holstein - December