JPHiP Radio (31/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - Don`t Leave

Author Topic: Stepmania Songpacks?  (Read 10931 times)

Offline Narutokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
Stepmania Songpacks?
« on: June 19, 2007, 06:53:43 PM »
Are there any new Stepmania Songpacks?

I duuno where i can find the latest ones

thx in advance

Offline Happosai

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Stepmania Songpacks?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 07:08:06 PM »

Offline Happosai

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 08:49:58 PM »
Also, for those who don't know it yet, Sadude/Sanchny/Sanch-Man/Santiago (pick one!) from MM-BBS has re-made all of his Hello! Project simfiles, and he also added a SHITLOAD of excellent new ones (lotsa V-U-DEN ones and even non-singles files in there!) . :drool:

This upgrade includes updated timing, higher quality videos, and new kick-ass animated banners.
(You still need to register at Bemanistyle.com to download the files.)

Visit either Sanchny's Sims listing at Bemanistyle: http://www.bemanistyle.com/sims/profile.php?id=481

Or his thread at MM-BBS for discussion, for "thank you"'s and lolz : http://www.mm-bbs.org/index.php?showtopic=1333
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 12:20:07 PM by Happosai »

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 12:03:23 AM »
Hmm, any chance you could torrent them if you've already downloaded them all?  I'm kind of tempted to put together a H!P ITG ps2 mod based off them but don't really want to download 115 files one by one.

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 12:13:05 AM »
For whatever reason, the original maker of those H!P simfiles doesn't want them distributed unless they go through mm-bbs or bemanistyle. (Or at least I think this is the case)  I think you probably should ask him.

I can understand the downloading anxiety, after all, they total over 2 GB zipped at the moment, and he's adding to that daily.  2 at a time via bemanistyle or all at once in some package, you'd still end up having to download over 2 gb, so you may as well start with the DDLs.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 12:19:01 AM »
MM-bbs is down at the moment, are they easier to download there?  Or does it just link to bms?

All at once in a torrent package is a lot less of my personal time involved, that's why I was wondering if someone had it that way.  Frankly I'm interested enough to do it if I can get it easily but not if I have to spend hours in front of the computer downloading them one by one.  If it comes to that I'll probably try to bribe someone on sows with H!P DVDs to do it all for me, pretty certain there's a high enough concentration of hardcore bemani fans that are also into H!P there that I'd be able to find someone willing to do the job.

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 12:36:58 AM »
oooh I didn't know he has been doing more songs, maybe I'll get back into ddr haha
cool! Biyuden songs!

Hmm I'll have to redownload all those again

Offline Happosai

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 12:17:05 PM »
... ITG ...
WTF? HERETIC!!! BURN THE WITCH! BUUUUURN!

XD
MM-bbs is down at the moment, are they easier to download there?  Or does it just link to bms?...
It just links back to BMS, so you can get them directly from there.

And like slack said, Sadude does'nt want those files distributed any other way.

oooh I didn't know he has been doing more songs, maybe I'll get back into ddr haha
cool! Biyuden songs!...

Dude, you are so gonna love those!  :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 12:22:15 PM by Happosai »

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 01:00:32 PM »
WTF? HERETIC!!! BURN THE WITCH! BUUUUURN!
To me they're the same thing so...  PC is upstairs in a room with too much fragile stuff on shelves to really think about playing a dancing game on it.  PS2 is downstairs in a room specifically for playing dancing games.  So I'd rather make a custom ITG ISO for my PS2 with them than play it on PC.

It just links back to BMS, so you can get them directly from there.

And like slack said, Sadude does'nt want those files distributed any other way.
Annoying.  I'm going to try the bribery route then.

---

Since it's kind of related, I might as well ask here.  Are there any H!P songs that have been done for any of the various IIDX simulators?  or for the IIDX HS/DD PC hacks?

Offline Happosai

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 01:24:24 PM »
Since it's kind of related, I might as well ask here.  Are there any H!P songs that have been done for any of the various IIDX simulators?  or for the IIDX HS/DD PC hacks?
Never heard of any, but then, i'm not really into IIDX stuff... too hardcore for me...  in other words, i suck too much to play it! :oops:

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 03:11:25 PM »
I'm like soveryshiny, way too lazy to dl every one of them one by one :lol:

A torrent would be great, but I guess that might not happen. So I guess I'll dl a few for now. Good timing too as I lost all of my simfiles recently. Too bad I'll most likely never get some of the simfiles I leeched from 2ch a while back :/

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 10:49:58 PM »
I'm new to this Stepmania thing but I'm getting adicted quite fast !
But I have a question, anybody knows why the H!P songs uploaded are only half size ?
What I mean is: Is it only the author's choice or is it a requisite of the program ?

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 12:04:54 AM »
DDR songs aren't that long on the whole.  Above a certain length, and they're considered "long", meaning they take up two songs' space per play.

Remember: feet require more stamina than fingers.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 01:27:49 AM »
It's the author's choice, but most people stick in those limits.  Official game songs are generally in the 1:30-2:00 long range, with most between 1:35 and 1:40 in length.  People do make steps for full length songs sometimes, but most edit the song into that length range and make steps for that.

As for why that length originally, don't know for sure.  Partially stamina, there are a lot of songs where when you start getting near that 2 minute mark you're really wishing for it to end.  And partly because it started as an arcade game.  Normally one set of 4 songs will take around 10 minutes.  Full length songs would take even longer, or you'd have to pay per song.

JPHiP Radio (31/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - Don`t Leave