JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Double - Say I Gotta Believe!

Author Topic: GDC: Wii Is Piece Of Shit  (Read 5948 times)

Offline Dyka

• The Legendary Q
  • ecchi
  • girlz buttz
Re: GDC: Wii Is Piece Of Shit
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2007, 07:26:17 PM »
Honestly I'm surprised anyone these days is actually impressed by graphics. They are not getting much better. Oh wow, higher resolutions and a little more realism. That's it. Big whoop. We saw ultra-realism with FF: Spirits Within years ago. What do real-looking graphics do for a game? We got along fine with 2D sprites back in the day. Why is it that now we can barely handle "bad graphics"?

People these days are too caught up in what their system can do as opposed to how much skill is required in a game. That is what made me stop playing games so much. The fact that games became too easy and relied on repetition or impossible skill. Even Gradius V is garbage in that respect because you have so many lives and continues.

Nearly every game these days is garbage, so even though I support the Wii over the PS3 and 360, I still don't really care for it. I'm just waiting for SSBB and I'm good to go interms of console gaming.

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2007, 04:40:13 PM »
I haven't read the article but I've read what everyone wrote in response.

If he needs more space for his game, more than a Wii gamew can have then why doesn't he do what FF used to do and have up to 7 discs for one game xD.
If it's the graphics and just the graphics he's complaining about, then he's a smelly old shit-head himself.
I used to play DOOM when I was little I played it again a few months ago and loved it!  I also re-played hexen and loved it!
Those games would be considered 'bad graphics' now because of course games have improved a lot graphically but they were still great games!
As someone else said(well im rephrasing it) sometimes sprites look great(meaning they don't work for all games lol).

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline Sexykago

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 10:44:25 PM »
Graphics don't make a good game. This has been the problem game makers have failed to see post-4th gen.
The interactiveness the Wiimote adds to the game far outweighs the loss in graphics.
If I cared that much about graphics I would soup up my computer and get the latest computer games. But since the gameplay of console games is still far superior to computer games I see no reason to do that.

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Double - Say I Gotta Believe!