JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rainbow - Tell Me Tell Me

Author Topic: Majisuka Gakuen Season 3 Discussion Thread  (Read 111533 times)

Offline Pwoper48

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Majisuka Gakuen Season 3 Discussion Thread
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2012, 06:00:47 PM »
Oh My God!! A lot of members to guess.... and I really can't guess by their back figure....

The second picture posted by winner the one in the right.... somehow I feel that she's Hilary. :lol: Is it even possible?

Oh please don't put all SKE here..... Hope that they put some members who already promoted but still don't have team (Yup, I hope for Nattsun. :lol:)

Is there any sub up right now? (Oh, is it even possible?)

Offline Jimitty

• Member+
  • 夢中にさせちゃうぞ!
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2012, 06:15:21 PM »

Nice bed scene  :wub:

Too bad it's PG only  :nervous

Offline Pwoper48

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2012, 06:27:03 PM »

Nice bed scene  :wub:

Too bad it's PG only  :nervous

Oh yeah~ I know I'm not the only one thinking of this scene... :twisted:

Offline Zorr

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2012, 09:24:11 PM »
Thank you for the answers winner

I guess it's good in a way that the main characters are all gone because I suppose this way it allows them to start fresh and totally change things up.  I can't help but be a little dissapointed because it does mean that many of my favourite girls will be absent :(  But fortunately there's still some others in there who I'll be really looking forward to seeing :)

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2012, 03:06:48 AM »
Ahhh!!!  Should I keep waiting for subs or just watch it now?  I'm so tempted to watch it now because it looks really good and I want to see the new additions to Majisuka but I bet I wont be able to understand even half of what's going on :lol:

To be honest, MG1 was easy to understand without subs, (although they helped, especially for getting Gekikara and Torigoya) and MG2 was basically better off without subs for all of the bullshit it pulled.  :lol:

So I'd go ahead and watch it. Besides, there are summaries on tumblr.

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing

Offline gekikarabuACE

• Member+
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2012, 07:34:29 AM »
I've finally gotten around to watching this. Granted, this is just the first episode, but so far, acting-wise: SKE>AKB. I'm hoping for someone from Team 4 to blow that first impression.

As for the story itself, it looks like a more serious rehash of season 1, which is just fine by me I guess. Since this season is apparently written by a person who specializes in tokusatsu, I have higher hopes for a more coherent story (with satisfying endings) than the first 2 seasons.  :)

Personal speculations (based on the last part of ep 1):
- Kabuki sisters v2.0 - looks to be Lemon and Suuchan
- Gakuran v2.0 - either Ranran or Kaoru
- Oshima v2.0 (aka Nobunaga) - well, I don't really have someone in mind, but maybe someone from SKE? Nobunaga was from Nagoya, wasn't he? Heh, this is just wishful thinking but it would totally awesome if Nobunaga turned out to be Gekikara. It would explain why she's on a different league than the rest of the prisoners. They could explain her disappearance by making it like Sado broke her out of prison or something. So that she could avenge Rappappa and beat Maeda.  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 08:15:34 AM by gekikarabuACE »

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2012, 07:54:34 PM »
Watched ep 1 subbed. Thoughts:

Pros:
- It's not (directly at least, time well tell) related to the past seasons. This is a really good start. I don't think there's any way they could have saved that continuity from all the buttfuck of season 2.
- Yuria being a main character. :thumbup
- More SKE girls around.
- Mad Paru is hot.
- It's kind of interesting.

Cons:
- Team 4 still can't act. :lol:
- Meh setup. As soon as I hear "in the not so distant future" in these kinds of dramas I cringe. And the amnesia setup is soooooooo overplayed. They should just come out and say "yeah, we watched Battle Royale. It seemed cool. We'll do something like that."

I don't know if I can say I 'like' it quite yet, but I'm interested to see more.

Offline Zorr

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2012, 09:22:02 PM »
Watched ep 1 now, thank you those who subbed it! :)

Interesting that it's a prison now.  As others have said, it's kinda good in a way cause it gives them a fresh start and they don't have to try and tie anything into past seasons.

From the first minute I actually started to worry that it was going to be way darker than the previous seasons what with them being prisoners who couldn't escape their torment.  Fortunately it also has a light hearted side to it.  And as sadistic as the warden guy seems to be, I also get a feeling that maybe he wont be so bad.  Plus he seems to have a strange, comical side to him too.

I'm really pleased the Kumi has a main part again cause she was so awesome before.  I actually do miss that though cause it seems like she has a more serious character now.  I really like her playing the more strange and comical characters.  But I think she'll still be pretty awesome and who knows how she'll develop her character.

Non is actually quite creepy with that puppet.  I was really pleased when I saw her appear though cause I knew it meant that she's got a much more main part.  Although it's gonna take some getting used to the whole talking through the puppet thing :lol:

Paruru seemed to me to be kinda obviously set up as the new 'Acchan' character.  Even down to the suddenly getting angry and removing her hair band as a comparison to Acchan's suddenly getting angry and removing her glasses.

If not for the cast bit at the start I'd have actually had trouble recognising a few of the other girls.  It's weird cause when I watched the first season of Majisuka I pretty much recognised everyone instantly.  What's gone wrong! :nervous

I also like that they didn't overwhelm things by introducing loads of characters straight away.  It's making me want to watch more to find out who these other teams are going to be.  So yeah, I actually really enjoyed the first ep :D 

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2012, 04:17:12 AM »
Oh man, the acting is so epically bad that it's looped right back around and become entertaining again.  :rofl:

Biggest offender is currently Maria. Holy cow that girl's every utterance is so awful. XD She comes close to falling off of the edge of so-bad-it's-funny right back into Ed-Wood--can't-even-enjoy-the-badness-bad. Paruru comes close, though. (Holy crap her catchline is delivered so fucking badly. Huge contrast to the intensity you could actually hear in Acchan's voice when she removed the glasses.) Thank goodness for Shimada being awesomely hammy-bad all of the time. Looking forward to the Kuumin and Kanon craziness, although Kanon's "Nantene" thing is already annoying. Can't wait to see how much they abuse that running gag about Kawaei being useless/getting nothing though, that was hilarious.

Favorite moment would have to be Yuria's :mon blblbl: to the camera. Second is Shimada's "Uruseeyo!" waking up. She and Kumi had the only moments I actually bought, acting-wise. And then the "Kawaei gets nothing" moment.

They've gone back to basics this season, as noted by others, except this time they've gone and merged Team Hormone with new Rappappa. I like it. Team Hormone were one of the best parts of MG1, and now their counterparts won't be completely butt-monkeys this season, hopefully, since Habu isn't supposed to be losers.

Not sure what Aki-P was smoking when he was hyping Yuria's acting ability. Kanon and Kumi outdid her this ep, and Oba was about on par with her. (The laughing session right before Paru's awakening was just plain bad, though.)

Nobunaga should totally be Lemon.  :grin:

Offline kingku3

• ecchi
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2012, 09:04:59 AM »
Liked:
New cast, new story.
Meta jokes.
Senbatsu cameos.
Lesbian undertones between Yuria and Paruru. :drool:

Disliked:
Nantene.
Bad acting (expected but still :banghead:)
Nantene.
Too many dudes.
Did I mention Nantene?

If their goal with Kanon's character is to create the most annoying loli ever, they've succeeded spectacularly. The doll gimmick was interesting the first couple times. After that, it just made me want to bitch slap her everytime she talked. :angry:

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2012, 10:39:12 AM »
Majisuka Gakuen Season 3 - episode 1 had a rating of 3.7

Source: https://twitter.com/doragonstar777/status/225074375488061440

That's lower than the first episode of Season 2

マジすか2初回 4.9
マジすか3初回 3.7 ↓1.2%

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2012, 06:42:59 PM »
Finally watched episode one, so I might as well post my thoughts.

- New setting? The prison used to be a school though. New story? Not really. It's about 85% the same as S1 so far :lol:
Paru taking of her scrunchy like Acchan did with her glasses, having flashbacks, etc.
However, I am glad they started fresh with new characters. There was no saving the old Majisuka anymore.

- I always liked Paru and she looks pretty damn hot in this show.
- I'm glad Kumi and Yuria there. I'm not a big fan of the other Team 4 girls and don't really blow me away acting-wise, so I'm glad there is some SKE48 as well. I do hope we'll get some A-K-B members as regulars as well, not just cameos.
- Kanon looks epic, but yeah, the puppet and 'nantene' get old really fast. Besides, 'nantene' is a line Yukirin first introduced in the world of AKB48 during the text message episodes on AKBingo. It's better when she says it. lol

Conclusion: let's make it a 6/10. Nothing new or ground-breaking, but just interesting enough to make me want to watch episode two.

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2012, 07:35:16 PM »
New characters!

Offline Zorr

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2012, 07:57:59 PM »
^That's from ep 2 I presume?  I'm pleased to see that Fresh Lemon will be making an appearance so soon :D  Looking forward to tons of awesome from her.

Don't recognise the other girls but I'm sure the names will be in the titles.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2012, 08:14:59 PM »
Don't recognise the other girls

Kato Rena and Yamauchi Suzuran

So, this is turning into one big Team 4 fest. Again.  :doh:

Offline Fiftyen3

« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2012, 10:35:30 PM »
For those who haven't seen it.

Note: The screen is going by more to the right for some reason.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2012, 01:09:52 AM »
oooh.. nice official photo gallery! FOUR~~

www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/majisuka3/story/gallery.html

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing

Offline Pwoper48

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2012, 06:25:55 PM »
AW YEAH!!!
For whoever subbed this, THANKS A LOT!!!!

This sub released so fast :twothumbs

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rainbow - Tell Me Tell Me