JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Vola & The Oriental Machine - Dark Emperor

Author Topic: The Morning Musume 10th Generation Thread  (Read 82581 times)

Offline bonjourhello

• GOODDAYHELLO
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [News] Morning Musume 10th Generation Auditions
« Reply #160 on: September 30, 2011, 12:11:48 AM »
Seeing Ayumi and Fuuka together is the cutest ; __ ; I lied about not liking you Fuuka, come baccckkkkk!

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #161 on: September 30, 2011, 12:32:03 AM »
sadly she is staying in Miyagi, Sara also possibly =\

Offline Parhelion69

• Kanashimi no RIZONANTO!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #162 on: September 30, 2011, 01:16:02 AM »
I'm glad all of them passed. I got 4/6 (I also wanted Sara and Karin xD )

Haruka's talent, cuteness and personality got me even before she auditioned, so she was a fav.
Masaki really impressed me for her improvement on last week's HPT, she's the best definition of a hard worker.
Ayumi's dancing talent was also impressive, so she was in.
Haruna was very cute, needs a bit of work on singing and dancing but she wasn't horrible on those departments.

Anyway, I hope we get to see them soon (ustreamusume I hope! )

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #163 on: September 30, 2011, 02:00:39 AM »
I know it's a bit mean and I'm not normally like this, but as long Satsuki wasn't there, I'd be fine with the decision.
While it would have been nice to have Sara in, having both her and Haruka might have been a little overkill.
I'm pleased with this result and you'll have a hard time convincing me otherwise without seeming like a crazy doomsday prophet who can't accept reality.

I'd love to see Ustreamusume make a comeback for the 10th gen.
Chibs and I were talking about who they'd have host it.
For her MC experience, Gaki is an obvious choice, but I'd like to see rotating 9th gen hosts!

Either way, I don't think they're going to be doing anything of the sort until their "Reborn" play finishes its run.
...Unless you get Sayu or Aika to host.
Hmmmm, hadn't thought of that before.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #164 on: September 30, 2011, 02:05:12 AM »
I think Sayu would be the better host, but I think Reina should host.  She definitely could use it.

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #165 on: September 30, 2011, 03:09:09 AM »
No Sara but I'm happy with the results. I still don't think Tsunku has found the one to replace Ai-chan as main vocals among the 10G's, but we'll see how it truns out. Hope Gaki-san can keep them all in check and raise them well.

Now that she's in one of the main groups, I feel that Haruka will keep getting better and even exceed expectations.  I'm still scared of her youth, since she might get burned out by idol life like Saki from S/mileage.

I don't have much to say about Haruna yet, except whenever her face is turned in a different angle/view, she resembles another H!P member.

From the pics above, it seems like Ayumi has a slight resemblance to Yuuka. :3 Dance battle with RihoRiho plz.

In hindsight, I've realized that Masaki was perhaps the most deserving from the ones I picked. It was almost unbelievable that she was the same girl during the final screening, when last time she couldn't even memorize the song and the dance. Chisato mentioned her in her blog XD

As for what they bring to the group, I've never been one to care if they can sing or dance superbly.  I always believe that being an idol is more than that.  Some of my favourite idols aren't really all that great at singing or dancing yet they still make me so happy just because they have a winning personality.  Thats what it's about to me, making up for weaknesses with other strengths.  Hopefully these new girls will have a nice mix of those born to be on stage and those born to simply entertain :)

Well said. :thumbup

The last time H!P picking inferior mediocrity instead of superior quality, Kashiwagi Yuki ended up Team B captain
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels this, but I'm glad that Yuki didn't get in Morning Musume because if she did, we wouldn't be seeing her jugs the way we do now.

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #166 on: September 30, 2011, 03:37:34 AM »
I'll be honest...while I'm interested in seeing how these new members will develop in the future, I must admit it was hard for me to get excited about 10th gen during the audition process. There are several reasons for that:

1. It came about fairly quickly. Just as we were adjusting to new members after years of no new members, news breaks out about more additions already, even though the short time frame between generations had been done before (3rd to 4th back in late '99 / early 2000).
2. 10 finalists (later eight) compared to the 5 of the 9th gen auditions. It was a bit difficult for me to keep track of everyone with more in the field.
3. Partially related to the previous point, it was difficult for me to develop any true favorites out of this bunch, whereas with the 9th gen auditions I easily became attached to two (Riho and Zukki), who fortunately both ended up winning.
4. The realization that no matter who gets in, I'll most likely eventually warm up to them anyway by simply being part of the group and having a chance to develop into something. I didn't care at all about Eripon during her audition, but after seeing her become what she has I'm glad she made it in.
5. Distractions elsewhere in the H!P-related world: Ogawa's sudden departure from S/mileage, the buzz surrounding Takahashi's graduation, Kago's recent downfall.
6. Echoing the sentiments of many others: NO KARIN. :lol:

Considering all factors, I can't complain about the result. Kudou, despite her ridiculously young age and undeveloped looks, seems ready to fit right in thanks to her nice audition performances and Eggs-perience. Iikubo brings a nice balance to both her generation and the group with her age, height, slightly chubby/non-scrawny face, and modeling background. And the other two, well, they look like they could cut a bitch if messed with the wrong way. :P Of course, with the departure of Takahashi's prominent voice and stage presence, these girls have a big void to fill.

Naturally, with audition winners comes audition losers, and while we can be disappointed as fuck that so-and-so didn't make it while what's-her-face did, it's not the end of the world, let alone the end of a group that has faced many changes in roster and showbiz prominence over the past 14 years and is still going. I mean, who's to say the alternative would've been a good fit for the group? And why stop at comparing this to only the 8th gen auditions? What if Yukina Kinoshita, a front runner during the 5th gen auditions, got the nod over Konkon? Would the universally beloved 4th gen be as universally beloved had Fujimoto and Satoda took the place of the vocally-weak Rika or surprise pick Nono? (Hell, get rid of Nono right there and say goodbye to Mini Moni as well) Would Kumi Koda actually bring the same kind of star power she has now had she been picked over (or with) Gocchin? Okay, I'll admit some of this historic speculation I'm throwing out can be fun to think about, but the point I'm making is that we really don't know how things will turn out for the winners and losers until shit actually happens, as exemplified by history (and point number 4 above). H!P management obviously hasn't been perfect, but they're obviously doing something right, or else we wouldn't be here talking about 10th gen at all.

And not meaning to come off as picking on one person, but one last minor off-topic point...
Bangs are a good thing tbh, have you noticed how scary Akimoto Sayaka looks with her forehead exposed? XD
There's reason Sayumi ensures her bangs are covering her forehead before having the pic taken
Scary? Really? I think both Sayaka and Sayu look more attractive with their bangs swept and/or forehead shown. I usually (with few exceptions) don't like the wall-of-bangs look that completely covers and obscures the top of the face (i.e. Gaki's "helmet" from the past couple of years, Risako's eyebrow-hairline). :P Sayu thankfully at least parts her bangs above one of her eyes which I think works nicely. I think an exposed forehead would only look "scary" if the girl had an oddly-shaped head or receding hairline.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
  • Offence is taken, not given
« Reply #167 on: September 30, 2011, 09:24:42 AM »
Hmm the 10th gen-ers haven't had their own threads in
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?board=27.0
yet? :huhuh

Morning Musume died on December 15 2010 RIP ● S/mileage died on August 27 2011 RIP

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #168 on: September 30, 2011, 09:52:07 AM »
^ No, because people are mostly using this thread... It's only been a day

Btw fans of them girls are welcome to open their threads, if they feel like it... I did notice at least Haruna having a few supporters here, WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #169 on: September 30, 2011, 11:19:49 AM »
Member profiles from the official site:

http://www.helloproject.com/news/1109301500_musume.html

It mentions that the MM age average will be 15.8 after Aichan graduates.

Haruna Iikubo - 飯窪 春菜 (いいくぼ はるな)
Birthdate: 1994.11.07 (age 16)
- 2nd year high school
Birthplace: Tokyo
Bloodtype: O
Nickname: Harunan (はるなん)

Ayumi Ishida - 石田亜佑美 (いしだ あゆみ)
Birthdate: 1997.01.07 (age 14)
- 3rd year middle school
Birthdplace: Miyagi
Bloodtype: O
Nickname: Daaishi (だーいし)

Masaki Sato - 佐藤 優樹 (さとう まさき)
Birthdate: 1999.05.07 (age 12)
- 6th year elementary school
Birthplace: Hokkaido
Bloodtype: A
Nickname: Masaki (まさき)

Haruka Kudo - 工藤 遥 (くどう はるか)
Birthdate: 1999.10.27 (age 11)
- 6th year elementary school
Birthplace: Saitama
Bloodtype: A
* H!P Egg
Nickname: Kuduu (くどぅー)

--

http://www.twipl.net/brpu

From Tsonker's twatter.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #170 on: September 30, 2011, 01:07:47 PM »
^ Cool, those can totes be used for the member threads eventually. XD

IDK I'd find it a bit soulless if I just started them all simply because I'm the mod. Isn't that a little mechanical and impersonal ?_?

Holy shit, I remember 1999 so well. There were all these millennium songs and MTV kept playing that old party like it's 1999 song and YES, MTV INDEED STILL PLAYED MUSIC VIDEOS BACK THEN. Sorry random, the birth years just freak me out sometimes. It's alright, I'm mama hen.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #171 on: September 30, 2011, 08:46:54 PM »
I have to admit, I didn't really follow this round of auditions as I did the 9th gen's. Only exposure I've really had is from watching the audition footage from the last few subbed eps of HelloPro!TIME that Twilight-Paradise Fansubs has released. From what I've seen in those eps, I'm glad to see that Ayumi and Masaki made it in. You could tell that they were taking the critiques being made about them seriously and that they were both the type that would work extra hard to improves those parts of themselves.

Even though she was the youngest finalist, Haruka's experience as an Egg made her (IMO) the most "prepared" to become a full member. Her singing is still only "average" to me, however she IS still really young, and thus there's still the potential for her improve that as she grows up in the group. I'm hoping for some "dance battles" between here and Yasshii in future concert tours.
:D

The only real "lock" that I saw amongst the group of finalists was Haruna. Amongst all of the MM generations that have had multiple members, there has almost always been one member that was slightly older than the others, like an "onee-san" or "generational mini-leader":
1st gen - Yuko-sama,
2nd gen - Kemeko,
4th gen - IshiYoshi pretty much shared this IMO,
5th gen - Aichan,
6th & 8th gens are the only that could be considered to have exceptions. With 6th gen, even though Miki was technically a part of this gen, she really stood out on her own and didn't take on that sort of a role with them. And amongst the actual rokkies, there never really was a sense of one person standing out in that way either. The 3 of them were both self-sufficient as individuals and self-reliant as a generation that it really never became necessary for any of them to take on that type of character. With the 8th gen, even though she was the youngest of the 3 of them, I'd say it was Aika, if for no other reason than the fact that JunLin were still trying to acclimate to life in Japan first.
9th gen - Fukuchan (aka Mizupon)

Like Haruka, I thought in terms of singing and dancing and overall performance/aura, she was really "balanced".  She may not end up being "the voice" or "the dancer" for the group, but I can see her being a good, solid, do-it-all type of member. The fact that she is a little older than the others, AND that, like Haruka, she's already somewhat experienced in the entertainment industry gives me the impression that not only should she be able to individually handle the inevitable stress/pressure that they'll face as they continue with their training (learning the songs and dances that the rest of the group already knows), but she'll also be able to help the others cope with it as well.

Also, I know I'm a couple of pages late on this, but I wanted to throw in my 2 cents.
It boggles my mind that people are actually surprised that Karin wasn't picked. SHE WAS NEVER IN THE RUNNING!!
Was Miki in the running for 6th gen's? was Linlin in the running for 8th gen's?
Your comparison/analogy is slightly flawed. You have to remember/keep in mind that with Miki and Linlin, neither of them were actually a part of those respective auditions in the first place. Miki had taken part in the 4th gen auditions, but didn't make it. She then joined H!P as a soloist and was added (or "thrown into", depending on how you look at it) MM as part of the 6th gen. Similar story with Linlin, she was brought over to Japan and joined H!P as an H!P Egg. She (along with Junjun) never actually took part in the 8th gen auditions. It's like being given an award/scholarship that you never actually applied for.

Now don't get me wrong, Karin's a cutie-patutie for sure, but in the end that's not enough as TPTB decided that she's still not ready yet. She at least can still remain as an Egg and can still continue to grow and improve as a singer/performer. It's obvious that she's got loads of potential, so as long as she continues to work on improving herself it won't be long before we see her earning that promotion to one of the main groups.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline elgie

• Yossi's worth a good jerk
  • Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #172 on: October 01, 2011, 12:01:04 AM »
WHAT!!! NO SARA???!!!  :angry: :angry:  :banghead: Damn Tsunku that's stupid!!!  :tama-mad:

Aaaaargh I'm so angry I don't even know what to say!!! She was the obvious choice, damn!!! Why did he say that he wanted a vocal substitute for Ai and then didn't get the most damn obvious and natural choice???!!!  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Ikubo is fine, she gives me a kind of Kaori Iida feeling, but her voice is blaaaaaaaand...

...Damn.  :smhid

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #173 on: October 01, 2011, 04:19:59 PM »

http://ameblo.jp/takahashiai-blog/entry-11034563574.html , http://ameblo.jp/takahashiai-blog/entry-11034743390.html

Some noob pics from Aichan's blog.

Then some nice unofficial pics of the noob self-intros.

Kanon welcoming the 10th gen in her own unique fashion.

Uh oh! Sayu's new pet? This is probably where the wota yell "RUN AWAY, HARUKA! RUN AWAY!" :P

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #174 on: October 01, 2011, 04:33:23 PM »
^ OMG SAYU'S FACE. WHAT A KODAK MOMENT.

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #175 on: October 04, 2011, 04:47:53 AM »
New profiles for the new girls!
http://www.helloproject.com/morningmusume/

Iikubo Haruna

Special Skills?
Flower arranging, eyeball relay, belly-thumping

Hobbies?
Reading, shopping.

Nickname?
Harunan

What's something you can't be beat at?
Being super-positive.

Favorite foods?
Ramen, Chocolate.

Favorite motto?
Do 100 good deeds a day.

A phrase you like?
"Hard work pays off."

Favorite colors?
Pink, black, red, orange, light blue.

Something special about your hometown?
There's lots of nature, and the people around my neighborhood will definitely say hello even if they don't know you.

Your reaction to being selected as a 10th generation member?
I was filled with disbelief.
But since I became a member, I'll do my best to act properly!
Please treat me well.

Ishida Ayumi

Special skills?
Turn [spins?], knitting/braiding/crocheting [probably one of these]

Hobbies?
Dance, fashion

Nickname?
Daaishi

Working hard to not forget things, being sharp at dancing!

Favorite foods?
Watermelon, Ramune candy

Favorite motto?
Always smile

A phrase you like?
"Sparkling smile!!!"

Favorite colors?
Pink, white, orange, red

Beef tongue, mashed green soybeans,

I was happy! Then, I was surprised!!
Since I was chosen, I'm going to do my best to make lots of people smile!!

Satou Masaki

Special skills?
Piano & ballet

Hobbies?
Drums & horse-riding

Nickname?
Masaki

Perfect pitch

Favorite foods?
Soba & udon

Favorite motto?
Don't be noisy

A phrase you like?
"Deshou~"

Favorite colors?
Yellow & green

It's bi~g

Happy~(nervous)

Kudou Haruka

Special skills?
Swimming, cartwheels, pulling back my throat [not sure about the last part]

Hobbies?
Enjoying DVDs

Nickname?
Kuduu

Huskiness of voice
Being good at sports

Favorite foods?
Meat, green tea (I'll like anything if it has green tea)

Favorite motto?
Be cheerful and lively

A phrase you like?
"The only way is forward"

Favorite colors?
Yellow-green, orange, light blue

rice crackers

I was surprised!!
I thought it would be nice if it was me, but when I was picked I thought "the only way is forward"
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline elgie

• Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #176 on: October 04, 2011, 08:03:03 AM »
New profiles for the new girls!

Satou Masaki

Perfect pitch

Uuuh... is she joking or what??  :huhuh

(Hey, perhaps there's a hidden meaning to "perfect pitch" that I didn't get, but still it's ironical  :D )

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
  • Offence is taken, not given
« Reply #177 on: October 04, 2011, 08:52:26 AM »
Uuuh... is she joking or what??  :huhuh

(Hey, perhaps there's a hidden meaning to "perfect pitch" that I didn't get, but still it's ironical  :D )
Maybe she meant as in baseball :sweatdrop:
Kudou Haruka

Favorite foods?
Meat, green tea (I'll like anything if it has green tea)
Like me! If I'm ever attending a handshake event I'm gifting her a brick of green tea leaves & a whole pig turkey XD

Morning Musume died on December 15 2010 RIP ● S/mileage died on August 27 2011 RIP

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #178 on: October 04, 2011, 09:05:47 AM »
No, I'm pretty sure it's the normal meaning of perfect pitch.
I think her failures at singing during the audition camp were more about remembering the words and melody than anything else.
When she had those down for the final recording test, I thought she hit all the notes pretty well.

It's pretty common to have this if you've studied music since you're very young, like starting piano at age 2 for Masaki.
It's kind of like language acquisition at that point.

Anyway, it's not like singing perfectly on key at all times is an absolute requirement of having perfect pitch.
It's more like one of the things that people with perfect pitch tend to be able to do, such as name a note that's being played.

Offline elgie

• Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #179 on: October 06, 2011, 09:49:34 PM »
No, I'm pretty sure it's the normal meaning of perfect pitch.
I think her failures at singing during the audition camp were more about remembering the words and melody than anything else.
When she had those down for the final recording test, I thought she hit all the notes pretty well.

I reviewed the auditions and must say you're right. Perhaps I'm too used to so many years of ear-bleeding-out-of-tune idols and didn't notice it at first :P
BTW, while I reviewed I also noticed that we now have two quite low-pitched girls in this gen: Masaki and Haruka. Now that's uncommon (And I like it :) )

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Vola & The Oriental Machine - Dark Emperor