JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Can You Keep a Secret

Author Topic: HiP Radio is ON THE AIR! {-Be a DJ! Tune In!-}  (Read 76472 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
HiP Radio is ON THE AIR! {-Be a DJ! Tune In!-}
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2005, 08:21:05 AM »
Quote from: ReinaLessThan3
Daigong man, you just KNOW me and you gotta write up some radio dramas. :lol:

Yea, I call weeknights at 12:00midnight! (est. time.) I got a bunch of different weekly countdowns planned, and eventually some special stuff. I'm not sure how long my countdown will take, so I'll figure that out later.

alright PM'd people the info. Check out the 1st post for what peeps requested so far.

http://www.miumu.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=50267&mforum=jpmx#50267

Then we can hammer out a schedule and post it like http://www.radiofreemars.com

The great news is that anything goes. So yup Sexy, we can swear like hell. Insert dripping wet panties SFX. :lmao:

The creative juices are flowing Ping brah. Not sure if Har and Bar's show would fly?? (2 connections at once ain't possible - maybe pre-recorded?) but HELL YEAHHH!!! All the comedy, Dr. Ruth, skits, we can think of. Now that's COOL!

And yep. This IS the official HiP Radio discussion thread for whatever comments/suggestions the listeners have.

Offline suki*

• Shweet Bitch
  • Member+
  • mikitty~!! ^o^
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2005, 08:43:27 AM »
I'm opting for a time slot where nobody/ very little people will be tuning in. XDDD

An hour from 12 midnight on weekdays for me... Which is about 12noon EST?

Offline Vikitty

• Member+
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2005, 08:53:07 AM »
I'm good for Wednesday, since I don't have class that day... maybe an hour in the evening or even during the day if I'm around.

I probably won't be doing a lot of talking during mine unless I'm home alone, because my family already thinks I'm nuts and I'm sort of self-conscious of my speaking voice. But I promise to play lots of jpop, kpop, and the odd musical song and of course every day I'll be opening the show with "Nobody Cares."

Offline Ping

• Hiatus King
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Reina <3 4Eva!
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2005, 10:27:06 AM »
Quote from: daigong
Quote from: ReinaLessThan3
Daigong man, you just KNOW me and you gotta write up some radio dramas. :lol:

Yea, I call weeknights at 12:00midnight! (est. time.) I got a bunch of different weekly countdowns planned, and eventually some special stuff. I'm not sure how long my countdown will take, so I'll figure that out later.

The great news is that anything goes. So yup Sexy, we can swear like hell. Insert dripping wet panties SFX. :lmao:

The creative juices are flowing Ping brah. Not sure if Har and Bar's show would fly?? (2 connections at once ain't possible - maybe pre-recorded?) but HELL YEAHHH!!! All the comedy, Dr. Ruth, skits, we can think of. Now that's COOL!

And yep. This IS the official HiP Radio discussion thread for whatever comments/suggestions the listeners have.

Yea, we're gonna have to pre-record. Instead of having everyone do their lines in the script however, i want to have just one file and pass it around, but maybe not everyone can get the software required. We have to find a way to make the sound fx too :lol:
Well, it's a work in progress. We'll brainstorm in chat tomorrow.

Offline suki*

• Shweet Bitch
  • Member+
  • mikitty~!! ^o^
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2005, 10:44:39 AM »
Just realised something...

Quote from: daigong
Not sure if Har and Bar's show would fly?? (2 connections at once ain't possible - maybe pre-recorded?)

We're getting Haardo Gei Radio by the Haardo Gei crew??  :o

:lol:

Wicked!!

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2005, 11:56:27 AM »
I'd gladly be a DJ.

but, I'd like to finish a majority of my schoolwork first so it's out of the way and done with. I'm not sure what times I can do this yet, though.

Offline harlock

• Not Sick of Sayumi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2005, 01:49:25 PM »
k, first show DONE!! That was FUN!!! Hopefully, there were more than just a couple people. For those who DID listen, let me know what you thought. Can't wait for tomorrow.

On a side note, I hear skype can be used to have multiple DJ's heard on the radio :o  IDK, I gotta test that.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2005, 02:01:44 PM »
I dunno how those EST things work :o

Well, um. How about Tuesday morning for me, 9:00 - 11:30am Finnish time LOL. I guess it's night in the USlandia then! And I could do some Finland evening, like Monday 5pm - 7pm?

Hrm so hard to try to find suitable times. :o

EDIT: Wait wtf, I don't need 2h 30min!! xD 9:30 - 11:00 and I can sleep longer. On Tuesday. :o

EDIT: That's 2:30am - 4:00 am in New York. o_o

And Monday 10am - 12pm.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Sexy Beam

• キラ☆キラスター
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~Through Space and Time~
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2005, 02:32:32 PM »
I've got Friday nights, yo. Also, I'd also like to have another time slot, but co-DJing with KT and you, Dai.We should have our own show together just for fun. XD

What do you think?

♥♥ // Infinite Bits Gaming Con // ♥♥ // Poupee Girl // ♥♥ // YouTube // ♥♥ // LJ // ♥♥

Offline Zero_

• Member+
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2005, 04:06:01 PM »
Hmm.. crap, being in Australia really screws up the time slots, lol.
Well, I'm pretty much free 11:30PM GMT+10 on Saturdays, which equates to NY Time (GMT-5) to 8:30AM. XD Damn. Hmm, I'll get back to you.

Offline Mayo

• 真夜中
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2005, 04:18:26 PM »
Okay, one: I can't use your tutorial you gave me, Dai, because I got a mac so I can't use winamp.

two: I'll probably only be able to DJ when I am here, so yeah. XD

ava by PlusQ (over at mm-bbs); ueda sig by Pinkosa | #1 drifoy, Tanaka Reina, and Murakami Megumi fangirl

Offline ohbahsan

• Member+
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2005, 05:45:30 PM »
Quote from: Tiny Tiger
Okay, one: I can't use your tutorial you gave me, Dai, because I got a mac so I can't use winamp.

try this source client for os x.

wrt multiple DJs, i am pretty sure skype can work. in fact any voip system should work, just need to find one where the latency is low enough not to be a distraction.

Offline Mayo

• 真夜中
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2005, 06:06:12 PM »
hey! Thanks, ohbahsan! ^^

ava by PlusQ (over at mm-bbs); ueda sig by Pinkosa | #1 drifoy, Tanaka Reina, and Murakami Megumi fangirl

Offline Mayo

• 真夜中
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2005, 06:14:02 PM »
Okay. Turns out I'll be schooling here by myself all week, so just PM me a time you'd want me to do and I'll try to do it. XD

Offline aisasami

• Member+
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2005, 09:05:46 PM »
Hey, hey, I want to DJ! Just tell me when I can do it and I can maybe fit it in. :D
You wanna try some old to new but unheard music, try here!

THIS WEEK: Early 90s Girl Duo, Sugar Beat, with their single Gobanme no deja vu!

(also http://www.last.fm/user/aisasami/)

Offline elgie

• Yossi's worth a good jerk
  • Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2005, 09:48:49 PM »
Mmh, I'm afraid I can't help, unless you want me to MC in spanish :P

Anyway.. who's playing Mariah Carey???!!! Gawd if I wanted to listen to that I'd turn on my formula station!! shit  :x

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline Ping

• Hiatus King
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Reina <3 4Eva!
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2005, 12:11:23 AM »
Haha, sorry, I just played something looking for my Rikaishite! :lol:

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2005, 12:19:55 AM »
Everyone, I'm totally sorry that I haven't been on the ball with this lately.  Real life shit has been keeping me away from the fun stuff that is the internet, and JPH!P lately.  Looks like SB already snagged the primo spot. :(   I promise, I will catch up soon.

Offline Mayo

• 真夜中
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2005, 12:36:35 AM »
It's okay, Kuno. We all have to have a life outside of the 'net.

And also turns out I'll be going for almost the rest of the week to my grandparents' place.

Offline Sexy Beam

• キラ☆キラスター
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~Through Space and Time~
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2005, 12:40:06 AM »
Quote from: ohbahsan
Quote from: Tiny Tiger

try this source client for os x.

wrt multiple DJs, i am pretty sure skype can work. in fact any voip system should work, just need to find one where the latency is low enough not to be a distraction.

You... Are...My...HERO!!!!!!!!

My iMac and I will pay homage to you, sir... We will build a shrine on your honour. :: bows ::

♥♥ // Infinite Bits Gaming Con // ♥♥ // Poupee Girl // ♥♥ // YouTube // ♥♥ // LJ // ♥♥

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Can You Keep a Secret