JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Ano Natsu no Yoru (Miyoshi Erika)

Author Topic: Anyone know what the best anime there is?  (Read 8980 times)

Offline eynjel18

• Sayumi Daisuki
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SAYUMI MICHISHIGE CUTE FOREVER!!!
Anyone know what the best anime there is?
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2007, 06:56:43 PM »
Ruruoni Kenshin
GTO
Chobits
Ranma 1/2
Dragon Ball
Cooking Master Boy
Evangelion
I LOVE SAYUMI MICHISHIGE FOREVER!!!

Offline Nouciel

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • nouciel
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2007, 11:12:00 PM »
Personal choices :):

1) Ah! Megami-sama
Simply the best shoujo story ever. And that's a rare thing because most shoujos are too sugary, the typical boy/girl story who fall in love etc etc. But Ah! Megami-sama is a masterpiece: AWESOME characters design (every one of the charas is so win >__<), awesome music, and lots of laughs XD And it has and OVA with chibified characters :D.

2) Mermaid Saga
Stunning series. I really don't know why it isn't more popular, it's better than Inu Yasha (whose manga author is the same as Mermaid Saga, the great Takahashi Rumiko~). Highly recommended for the terror and suspense fans.

3) Hagane no Renkinjutsushi
It was a shocj discovering that when I was watching the anime (through torrents ¬¬) it was still on air on Japan o_o! The manga is better, though, Arakawa-sensei works more the suspense in the manga (aka she'll surprise you a-l-w-a-y-s). The balance between suspense, comedy, drama and action is almost perfect... almost. They make fun SO MUCH of Edward on the anime that it becomes boring after a while. But, for character's design, this wins too. Hawkeye has to be one of the two women I admire on anime/manga :lol:.

4) Fruits Basket
Another rare good shoujo. In theory, the story is simple, but the developpement of it it's what it's complicated. Meaning that at least one of the characters makes you feel indentified (even a bit XD), every member of the cursed family got a sad past. And at the same time it has an hilarious story! The crazy emo amounts are worth watching, for watching all the jokes that are on the next episode.

5) Love Hina
One of the greatests, most epic love comedies ever, not just another one of the bunch. Even on the first episode, you can see how great it'll turn out. It's a bit ecchi though, but with a lovely story, a nice variety of personalities (you've got the hot gal that tries to disimulate her body, the female ditzy geek, the male ditzy geek :lol:, the crybaby, the machines-creating genious, the drunk b*tch -if you think you're one, just check her out! She'll put you on shame XD-, the boys-hater spadachin, and the addicted-to- cigarettes). And they're all on the same house. What you're imagining contains maybe only half of the crazy things they do!

No CLAMP series are listed here, because I think they're MUCH better on manga, IMO. (by just watching the horrible work on Tsubasa, X and Chobits anime)

Offline wyteone

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2007, 02:15:22 AM »
my vote is for evangelion as well! :ONcool1:

after that its vampire hunter D
01' SBM slightly modded & updated... with rock chips :lol:
<---check out my cardomainpage :)

or checkout disspace fo mo pix!
or any other space for that matter :)

Offline `CL´™©®

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2007, 08:47:05 PM »
Anything by the legend Hayao Miyazaki.

I can't believe no likes or had mentioned Death Note.
I'm officially hooked on this anime.

I'd have to say Ninja Scroll, Rurouni Kenshin,Karas(3D-2D),Inital D(I luv cars),Samurai Champloo,Tenjou Tenge.Bleach(sometimes)

Offline Seagull

• Ryo's lover <333
  • Member+
  • Soshified Shapley, E.L.F, Ryotard <3
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2007, 09:10:33 PM »
Death Note, Saikano, Ayashi No Ceres or Fruits Basket, can't choose, but right now Im really really hooked on Death Note.

Offline Youko

• Digital Love<3
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2007, 07:45:24 AM »
Yakitate!! Japan is really funny and interesting =]

Cardcaptor Sakura will forever own my heart though.

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2007, 08:03:09 AM »
I haven't actively watched anime for a couple years, with the exception of NHK and the first season of Bleach.  One of my roommates is watching this amazingly weird one called something like "Beating Angel Dokuro-chan".  The setup is just too weird for me to put here, but suffice to say that it has lots of blood and hilarity.

I'm kind of surprised that no one has said Cowboy Bebop yet.
It's amazing how the characters ARE the story, and you can't beat the soundtrack!

But my personal favorite is Mahoromatic.  I've probably watched the whole series dozens of times.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline KMEI

• ecchi
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2007, 11:40:29 PM »
As for new series, I think Death Note is best.

Worst series ever: Ring ni Kakero.

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2007, 05:36:03 PM »
Ever: Evangelion

Recent: The Melancholies of Suzumiya Haruhi
One of the most unusual and original animes I've seen.

Offline BoAayu

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2007, 09:12:47 PM »
Blood+ is one of my All-time favorites. Best on-going/current anime out there now (at least to me) is bleach. Also R.O.D the tv, jigoku shoujo, kinyo's journey and school rumble (ftw) are EXCELLENT animes. so many more....

I never hear anyone say anything about "Alien nine" - is because it's not popular, I guess so. it's only 4 eps. but it was so damn good.

Offline nkcac

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2007, 09:57:47 PM »
Evangelion, Serial experiments Lain and Death Note....first two are definitely a must see, i enjoyed Serial Experiments so much that maybe i even liked it more than evangelion

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2007, 01:57:41 AM »
i can't really say.  cuz i'm the kinda guy that like to watch alot of different kind or genre of anime.  so most likely i can give u what i thought is the best in it's genre. i usually divide it up into categories.  but then again... i haven't watch many anime so my collection is all that impressive.  

the best sports anime - Slam Dunk, (although prince of tennis is awesome as well,  they're like the two sports i've watch, though)
hikaru no Go is a great anime as well, although if ur not interested in Igo, u probably find it boring.  But when i first watch it, i didn't know much about it either and now i loved it. wish they still continue on it.
Ouran High School Host Club is a great Shoujo/romance/comedy anime.  i loved it. hoping there's a part 2 and an english manga translation. ( HEY!!!........ there nothing wrong with a guy liking shojo...is there?  i mean we can watch anything we want without be judged and that doesn't make u any less of a man... also Ouran is just for girls, it's mostly comedy.  And..... the first anime i've ever watched and that got me into anime/manga and the general J-stuff is actually Sailor Moon. so i owe it to them. sorry for rambling on. just wanna put it out there and speak my mind.)
Full Metal Panic, fumoffu and the Second Raid are great. the story, the animation, the characters, the comedy, the action, the romance.  it was all great.
Gundam series ( mainly Gundam wing and Gundam seed) because i like mecha.
naruto and bleach are two of the best action/fighting animes i'am watching rite now.  DragonBall, DBZ, DBGT are great one as well.

And.... uuhhhhhhhhh.................
sorry i can't think of anymore, but just so u know these aren't the only one i watch.  just some of the things i've wanna recommend ( and remembered, hehe :D)  

i'd like to hear what others recommend so i could check it out lata.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 02:02:48 AM by bigdnm01 »

Offline fbi86

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2007, 10:43:09 AM »
try naruto and bleach, dbz, yu yu, full metal, or vandebelt

Offline TydusArandor

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Anyone know what the best anime there is?
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2007, 08:00:01 AM »
I don't think there's a best anime, since everyone has different tastes. Right now, I think Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, Death Note and Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch are going pretty strong, especially the last. I've been hearing about it everywhere I go.

I think everyone forgot the worst anime part, lol. I haven't been watching anime as much lately, but sometime in 2006 *everyone* thought Musashi was the worst anime ever. Like, the animation was complete CRAP. It was so bad it ended up getting a lot of attention, so people are thinking that it's probably a marketing tactic. Doesn't make the anime any better though  ;D ← a clip of it

Offline panida

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 08:02:07 AM »
try naruto and bleach, dbz, yu yu, full metal, or vandebelt
I like it too

Offline Marks Spencer

• Member+
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2007, 03:01:20 PM »
I would say the most dissapointing series for me would be Shinigami No Ballad, it's like a bad version of Jigoku Shoujo mixed with Death Note :'(

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Ano Natsu no Yoru (Miyoshi Erika)