JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Amano Tsukiko - Ningyo

Author Topic: All I Ask - [MaYuki OS]  (Read 4014 times)

Offline creamcracker

• Member+
  • DARE TO BE DIFFERENT
All I Ask - [MaYuki OS]
« on: August 30, 2020, 11:47:13 PM »
A/N: Hi, this OS is a requested by a friend of mine. I'm just here to fulfill it.

Pardon the typos and grammatical errors.

I hope you'll enjoy this OS  :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mayu’s POV

I’m currently contemplating if I should text Yuki again. I don’t want to be a clingy person specially these past few days.  Sighing, I decided to text the girl for one last time before sleeping.

“are we still on tomorrow?”

Biting my fingernails, I glanced multiple times towards my phone trying to see if Yuki already replied but there’s still none.

“I guess we’re not going”

I sighed. Sadness is written all over my face. I was about to call it a day and sleep when my phone suddenly notified me a text.

“yes, see you tomorrow”

I smiled and remembered that I still have something to do for tomorrow.

“Letters checked! Outfit checked! Receipt checked! I guess I’m ready” Murmuring to myself while looking at the mirror. Trying to see if my outfit is good enough. Glancing towards the clock, I realize I’m going to be late and I still need to ride the bus which will be arriving probably 15 minutes from now.

“I’m going out now, I’ll be back late so don’t wait for me” I shouted since my mom is in the kitchen cooking food for lunch.

Gladly I made it on time and ride the bus. Gathering my thoughts of what should I do for this whole day being together with her. Excitement and nervousness taken my body.

“You can do it!” I told myself while looking outside and appreciating the sights I’m seeing.

Once I arrived at the place where we should meet, I checked my phone if I received any text from here but then again there’s none.

“I’m here now. Are you coming?”

Looking at the surroundings, people are already gathering but I couldn’t see Yuki.

“Are you already on your way?”

Texting her once again, hoping that I could receive any reply but still there’s none.
I’m getting anxious as time passes by as I’m having negative thoughts now. Like she might ditch or ghost me.
I looked at the altar as the bell rang and decided I should just go inside and continue waiting there for her. I was really hoping that we could attend the mass together but I guess it’s impossible now. I smiled bitterly while shaking my head to remove negative thoughts and just focus on the mass.

“I guess she’s not really coming” I sighed sadly trying to decide if I should go home or wait for her a little bit more.

“10 more minutes and I’ll go” I whispered to myself. It’s been 5 minutes since the mass has ended but I still haven’t got any text messages from Yuki.

10 minutes has passed by. I inhaled deeply and stood up from where I was seated but then suddenly my phone is ringing and I answered it immediately.

“hello?”

“hey Mayu, I’m sorry I overslept. I’m coming over there. Please stay where you are”

“okay”

I don’t know if should be happy or not. I mean I felt that I wasn’t important anymore. This attending the mass together is one of the things that I asked from her where she agreed on.

“Can I still do it?” Questioning myself even though I already know the answer.

Yes. No matter what I’ll always say yes if it’s about her.

“Mayu!”

I heard my name and look where the voice came from.

There I saw Yuki, panting while waving her hands.

I smiled while waiting for her to arrive where I’m currently standing.

“hi”

“hello”

“I’m really sorry for being late”

“No, it’s fine. I was thinking earlier if I should go home or not but decided to wait for you a little bit more”

“oh! I’m glad that you waited for me”

“Let’s go?”

“Where?”

“To your favorite restaurant. You haven’t had your lunch right?”

I saw her nodded. We then went to the restaurant for our lunch.

Arriving at the restaurant, I look at the surroundings while reminiscing a lot of things.

“I guess I’ll not be coming here anymore after this” I thought.

We sat down to an empty table. One of the waitress handed us their menu and left, giving us enough time to choose what we want.

“what do you want?” I asked her even though at the back of my mind, I already know what she wants.

“beef teriyaki and california maki” I thought

“Beef teriyaki and California maki, how about you?”

“I’ll go with karaage and ramen”

After telling the waiter about our order. We talked for few minutes and also we took pictures together. I smiled sadly while looking at our pictures together in my phone. I looked at her and she smiled at me which give me a sting in my heart. I will surely miss that smile.

“So where are we going after this?” She asked while eating. Our order arrived a few minutes after we took our pictures.

“hmm, we’ll go to the mall and we will watch movie. Your choice” I told her while starting to dig in with my karaage.

We ate silently but comfortably. After we are done eating. I paid the bills which at first she complained since she also wants to pay for it but I won and she couldn’t do anything about it.
After arriving at the mall. We straightaway go to the cinema and search for a movie that we find interesting. Unfortunately, there’s nothing that caught our attention.

“Mayu, do you like any of these movies?” She asked me while pointing to the list of movies that are currently showing.

“hmm I don’t really. What should we do then?” I asked her. There’s nothing much really to do in the mall aside from watching movies. Well shopping could do but It wasn’t our goal really why we spent time together for today. Playing in the arcade could be the best option but she doesn’t enjoy it that much which is a bummer and it’s her day so I don’t want to insert the things I want to do.

“Ah! Let’s just watch this one. Maybe this is interesting?” Yuki asked while pointing to a particular movie which I know that it’s a continuation.

“But we haven’t watched the previous movies of it? I don’t think we can understand the story?” I told her.

“Probably, but I think it doesn’t really need for us to know the previous movies just to understand this one? And hey it’s a 3-hour movie which means that it will be worth of our money”. She laughed while explaining things.

“Okay then. But I think I will fall asleep while watching that movie” I told her while we are walking to the counter to pay for the tickets. I heard her laughed. I guess I’ll miss that too.

We went inside the cinema and I really did fell asleep. When I woke up I looked at my left and seeing Yuki also fell asleep. I just shake my head and smile to myself. I stare at her, memorizing her features not minding the people around us who are watching the movie.

“Stop staring at me” she murmured while opening her eyes and stared directly at me.

“I’m sorry. It’s just that you’re beautiful” I was embarrassed that I was caught in the act. Suddenly I felt a hand holding mine running up towards my arms and hugging it.

“Can I sleep for more? I’m really tired since I finished some work last night” She asked while closing her eyes.

“Sure, sleep well” Gathering some strength, I leaned and kissed her on the forehead.

“I’ll wake you up when the movie ends”.

We remain in that position, her hugging my arms while her head is on my shoulder. I can hear her little snore which I find so adorable.

“wake up sweetie, movie already ended. Lights will turn on in a few minutes” I gently tap her cheeks for her to wake up.

“that was really a good nap” she said while smiling.

“yeah it surely is, my arm is sore”

“oh sorry”

“I’m just kidding”

I stand up and offered her my hand which she gladly accepts. We went out of the cinema while holding hands which made my heart beats crazily. I watch my phone to check for time and grasp as my gift is almost ready and I need to claim it.

“can we go the supermarket for a bit? I have to check something and of course you can also roam around”

“okay, I also want to check if that vegan store is selling their tasty brownies”

I just give her a nod and went to the supermarket and roam for a quite bit before I told her that I’ll just have to go somewhere to get something.

“I’ll be back okay? Just don’t go somewhere far”

“but I know you’re going somewhere far from me after this” I thought

“Don’t worry, I’ll be here waiting for you”

I walked away with the assurance of her waiting for me even if it’s just for today. I took out my wallet and search for the receipt. I arrived at a small flower shop stall which is just near the supermarket and handed receipt to the lady who’s at the counter.

“it’s a beautiful bouquet ma’am. I hope she will like it”

She handed my order and smiled at the arrangement. It was simple but elegant. A bouquet of sunflower which is Yuki’s favorite.

“I hope you’ll be happy with this. I just really want to be first person to give you your favorite flower”

After receiving the bouquet, I went to the supermarket. I went back to where my love Is. I found her crouching while looking for her favorite chocolate. I hide the flowers behind my back while slowly approaching her. I tapped her shoulders and she looked at me.

“hey, you’re back” she smiled but then a deep furrow ran across her face.

“what are you hiding behind your back?” She tried to peek.

“here” I gave her the bouquet while scratching my nape while looking down, embarrassed. I looked up when I heard a gasp. She was shocked but then she genuinely smiles and accepts the bouquet.

“this is so beautiful. Thank you so much” Yuki said and kissed my cheeks which made my cheeks red.

“you’re so cute” she chuckled.

“I know” I sighed contentedly as watching her loving the gift I gave her.

“It’s almost 6pm, where do you want to eat dinner?” Yuki asked while still admiring the sunflowers.

“you pick, where do you want to eat?”  This is really such a moment to be treasured.

“you can choose. It’s been all about me today. At least for dinner I want it to be your choice” That gorgeous smile is really one of the things that made me fall in love with you, Yuki. Smile more my love.

“Okay, then let’s go to that restaurant that serves good steak”

“Okay, but this time. I’m paying and no buts”

I was about to reject it but then chose to shut up for my own safety. Yuki’s glare is really scary.

While waiting for our orders. Yuki asked me if I can take pictures of her while holding the flowers.

We’ve spent quite a good few minutes just to capture the perfect picture.

“No matter what pose, it will always be a perfect picture. Since you are part of the picture, it will always be perfect for me” I blurted while giving the phone back to her. My eyes went big when I realized what I said.

“I .. ahhh I mean you have a nice smile. Honestly you do, Yuki, and I think that makes the picture more beautiful” Stop embarrassing your self Mayu.

“Thank you, Mayu”

We talked a lot while having our dinner. Reminiscing all the things that happened for the past 3 years. We laughed, tease each other and laughed again for just some silly things.

“Oh it’s getting late” Yuki said while looking at me sadly.

“yeah, you need to go home now. I’ll accompany you to the taxi station” She nodded. We walked towards the station while holding hands still spending our remaining times together. Once we arrived at the station Yuki still didn’t let my hands go so we decided to sit down and talk a little bit more. This time I decided to give her my letters.

“here”

“what is it?”

“it’s for you. But please read it once you get home”

“I.. I don’t have anything to give to you Mayu. You should have told me you’ll give me a letter”

“It doesn’t really matter Yuki. You don’t need to give me anything”

“I don’t want you to give me anything just because I gave you something” I thought

“Can..Can I give you a hug?” She shyly asked while trying not to cry

“Of C-OOFF!” She immediately asked me not finishing what I have to say. I heard her sniffle.

“Shhh… Don’t cry my love” I said while hugging her back, tightly. It felt that the time stops for a moment. World stop spinning and time stood still.

I wish we could remain like this. Oh I wish we could fix this.

I felt her hug slightly loose so I looked at her and she looked at me with tears falling from her eyes. I touched her cheeks and wipe her tears with my thumbs.

“Shhh. You know that I don’t like seeing you cry right?” She nodded.

“Be happy okay?”

“You too”

I hugged her one last time and let my lips rest on her forehead for a longer time before letting her go.

“you have to go Yuki. It’s getting late”

“You know, for this 3 years. I really loved you. It just didn’t work out the way we want it to be” She said sadly.

“I know” I said. I’m trying not to cry, trying to hold back my tears. I don’t want her to see me cry. Even though it’s painful, I gave her my smile.

“Thank you for everything, Mayu”

“Thank you for everything, Yuki”

With that I saw my first love turns her back away from me which I know this time, she’s not coming back. I looked at the taxi slowly and painfully driving away from where I stood.
I closed my eyes and sighed while remembering why we came to this point. Why I had a last date with my first love.

“Mayu, let’s break up”

That’s what she said. It gave me a shock but somehow I know we will arrive in this point. We were too busy with ourselves, with our goals in life, of who we want to be. And look where it led us. We were happy, I was happy being with her for 3 years.

“Why?” I asked her. Maybe there’s still something we can do with it.

“I’m not happy anymore”

“We can find happiness together; I’ll be with you”

“No Mayu. I want to find it on my own”

It took me few days to finally realize that we really can’t fix it. That we can’t go back to the way we used to be. So for one last time I gathered enough courage and texted her if we can have one final date and I’ll let her go.

“just one last date. That’s all I asked, Yuki”

“okay, for one last time” She agreed.

For the last time my love, I’ll make you happy.

I opened my eyes while a single tear drops from my eye.

“Such a cruel birthday gift you gave to me my love” I whispered.

I wiped my tears and went to the bus station. I can’t wait to be home. I just want to cry and let this pain to go away.

When I arrived at home, I went directly to my room and cry my heart out. Thinking of a lot of ‘What ifs’ or ‘I should have done this’. While crying, I heard my phone ringing and saw that it’s Yuki who’s calling.

“hello?” I tried to sound okay.

“you’re such a cruel person!” Yuki said while crying.

“you made me cry again. With these letters, I don’t deserve it Mayu”

“Yes you do, Yuki. When you already found someone who will make you happy again, please give that one letter to that person, okay?  And also I really mean it, what I said to the other letter”

“why did we end up like this? Mayu?”

“sometimes, some things just don’t work out Yuki”

“if I didn’t fall out of love, we—“

“but you did Yuki and I’m not blaming you for that. Maybe” I paused, trying to stifle my cries

“maybe?” Yuki asked on the other side of the phone.

“maybe we are not just meant to be Yuki. For the 3 years that we spent being together, I love Yuki. Up until now. But I guess you’re right. You should find your happiness if I’m not that person anymore. I’ll find my own happiness too”

“I… I’m really sorry”

“You don’t need to be sorry my love”

“Mayu”

“Be happy okay? Till we met again, my love”

“you too. Be happy”

I sighed and ended the call. Looking at my phone where the picture of us together is shown.

“We were so happy in this my love” I mumble. I closed my eyes remembering that particular words I wrote on the letter for her.  Trying to wish that maybe, someday it will work out.

“If someday we will meet again and the sparks are still there. If someday we both already find our own happiness and we are both free. If someday we already the person that we want to be. If someday it’s already the perfect timing for us. Then please my love, let’s give it another chance. Another chance for our love story. Maybe and hopefully that time, things will work out the way we want it to be”

5 Years Later

“I’m already here in the café. Really Yuko? You’re not coming here anymore? You should have told me earlier. Nah it’s fine, maybe I’ll just stay here for some time. Tell Haruna senpai to get well soon, okay? Bye”. I breathed looking outside watching people having a good time roaming around in the nice weather.

“Maybe I’ll just continue reading this book” I muttered. I was so indulged with what I’m reading that I didn’t notice a person standing in front of me.

“uhm excuse me? Is it okay to sit with you? The café is full and I only find this empty seat but it’s okay if you’re waiting for someone. I’ll just try to wait for an empty seat” I heard the other person said.

The voice is quite familiar. I don’t know what I feel but then understand. I looked up and see this stunning lady in front of me.

After all this time…

“Sure, Yuki” I smiled. I saw how shocked she is but then immediately composed herself and gave back a smile.

“How are you Mayu”

THE WORLD IS BEAUTIFUL EVEN THOUGH IT'S FILLED WITH SADNESS AND TEARS

Offline nezuuchaan

• Forever Mayuyu-Oshi
Re: All I Ask - [MaYuki OS]
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 03:20:41 AM »
I LOVE YOUR OS, THIS IS REALLY GOOD!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: AND YES THIS IS SO SAD  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: KEEP WRITING creamcracker-san  :inlove:
still a newbie, i'm sorry for my bad grammar because English is not my main language. MAYUYU AND NYAN NYAN ARE MY FOREVER LOVE

Offline aneramyre

• Tired
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gimme dat WMatsui
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 12:17:43 AM »
So heartwrenchingly good!
I love that you depicted how well Mayu knows Yuki (even knowing what she will order) and the pain that goes with having to let go of a 3-year relationship.
It's rare for me to see amicable breakups, especially in fics (this is only the second one so far, and both have Yukirin in it). Loving someone but not being in love with them anymore is kind of complicated. Somehow, a last date feels like it would hurt more (ie more chance for ANGST).
But I like that Mayu and Yuki both agreed too grow on their own. I also like that Mayu didn't make Yuki promise to come back to her eventually. She kept a little hope in her heart but didn't voice it out. I feel like her love is even more genuine because she avoided making Yuki feel any obligation to come back to her.
The epilogue was hopeful but I still see no definitive answer whether their relationship is going to be romantic again or just stay friendly this time. I can be satisfied with leaving it at that.
Thank you for your fic!

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
  • DRG @ Sargatanas (FFXIV)
    • animeminafans
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 03:15:17 AM »
Excellent work! You really put a spin when it comes to a relationship and this doesn't fail to deliver that to us. Normally, I don't read many works that have First-POV, but you know what? This works perfectly in this context. In fact, it feels like it strengthens the character's interactions... and I like that! Finally, who can resist Mayuki?

Thanks for writing this!

"You'll come to treasure these scars."

HIATUS: The Virus | How Far Are You Prepared To Go? | Sanity | Hidden Truth | Disappearance (Season 2) *Tumblr-only* | Vengeance
ACTIVE: Majisuka Gakuen OS | OS | Idol Royale
REMAKE: Disappearance S1 | Wandering Ship | Hidden Truth
COLLABORATIONS: Phantom Pain w/Llyloo

Twitter: https://twitter.com/animeminafans | AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/users/KazueEmiko/pseuds/KazueEmiko | Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ZAfq3QtEwA

Zine Projects: Our Future Days (The Last of Us) [Pre-order TBA] | IDOLIZED! (Love Live!) [Pre-order - Digital] | Eizineken! (Eizouken Ni Wa) [Packaging] | Tales from the Animal Forest (Animal Crossing) [Pre-order TBA] | Amor Fati (Fate/Grand Order) [Creation Period]

Offline yurin23mayuki

• Member+
  • HKT48箱推し
    • yurin23mayuki
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2022, 06:10:12 AM »
I cried... a lot...
I miss reading fics.
Thank you for this wonderful piece of art  :hip smile:

Offline CheesyBits

• Pinoy Alliance {:D
  • Member+