JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Leslie Cheung - Moon Represent My Heart

Author Topic: ABDC Season 6!  (Read 53842 times)

Offline xtree

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Randy Jackson Presents: Americas Best Dance Crew
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2008, 08:42:19 AM »
i'm surprised that this show is actually good

but i don't think i'd be watchin it if there wasn't kaba modern or jabbawockeez

Offline miki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2008, 02:52:05 PM »
i love this show. i think this dance reality show is better than SYTYCD. im rootin for jabba and kaba too.
but the others are awesome also. like iconic, life in color..
i just so excited when watching this..yayyyyy

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2008, 11:36:58 PM »
I've been following the show now

I really liked Kaba's G-slide, that was good. I liked that bus move.
and Jabba, they were awesome too. I think I prefer Jabba over Kaba.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2008, 12:27:32 AM »
Jabba is gonna win this, if they don't, the show failed.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2008, 07:15:49 AM »
jabba's routine tonight was actually pretty weak. the only real highlight was the flair on the car, besides that everything was pretty mediocre. BUT they did the challenge really well, so its a toss up; challenge vs. routine. Kaba had the best routine imo. I'm kind of eating my words about fysh n chicks now, cus they really brought it tonight and i really enjoyed their set, but im still unsure that it was better than live in color's.

I still can't get behind break skate at all, and im still on the fence about status quo. I'm worried that status quo is going to win because they do cool stunts and america likes to see people flipping around. not saying they can't dance, but to me theyre more about how to fit in more stunts rather than throwing down great choreography like jabba and kaba.

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2008, 09:20:07 AM »
how exactly are break sk8 still on this damn show? they suck, all they have is rollerskates. I guess it makes things a lot harder, but that makes it so they can't actually show how good they are. Quit the fucking gimmick and just show the people you can dance.

And yeah, status quo is alright, but they're not much about actual dancing though.

haven't seen jabba's last perf but from looking at the format of the last show, I can see how it can be their weakness as their not a very props kinda crew.

Offline claymore

• Shining Hustler
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2008, 07:54:58 PM »
Jabbawockeez have been coasting for the last 2 weeks. They need to realize that Kaba Modern is their main competition. Kaba Modern is always doing their best and showing their versatility. If Jabbawockeez don't get back to doing their best they can be beaten by the judges favorites Fysh n Chicks and BreakSk8. Two teams that don't compare to them.
"This isn’t an invention, it’s a responsibility. We need to study this, and if we find that it will help mankind move peacefully forward, then we shall share it’s teachings, because we are not only men of science, we are men of hope."

Offline eglue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2008, 09:46:38 PM »
i just watched this show for the first time on mtv.com. i thought it was gonna be cheesy, but i gave it a chance since everyone in this thread is sayin good stuff bout it. this show's it cool. time to watch all the episodes and catch up.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2008, 02:23:55 AM »
how exactly are break sk8 still on this damn show? they suck, all they have is rollerskates. I guess it makes things a lot harder, but that makes it so they can't actually show how good they are. Quit the fucking gimmick and just show the people you can dance.

fucking WERD. breaksk8 is fucking lame. this isnt America's Best Roller Disco Crew.

Offline eglue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2008, 08:29:17 AM »
i know! breaksk8s the worst on the show by far. they NEED to leave.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 05:11:46 AM »
i had high hopes for tonight with the Thriller theme and all. Kaba fucking MURDERED it!! and Jabba's set was pretty fucking sick too. despite having some nice moves tonight, Status Quo was sloppy as FUCK, I was cringing watching them. I'm really pissed that breaksk8 got a layover to next week. FnC fucking brought it tonight and have been improving greatly every week...

i don't understand why the judges like breaksk8 so much!! all the shit they did for Thriller week that was hard for the other crews was EASY for them thanks to their skates (the toe stop, the spins, smooth footwork), the headstand at the very end was the only cool thing in their routine. total fucking bullshit. my only comfort is that they will NOT make it past next week, even if the judges love them this shitty crew is NO where near the level Jabba and Kaba are, and they dont have the crowd appeal of SQ's stunts.

Offline eglue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 05:50:09 AM »
i'm glad fish and chicks are gone.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2008, 07:12:35 AM »
but breaksk8 instead?! NOOOOOOOOOO lol

plus FnC were really bringing it last couple shows

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2008, 08:29:35 AM »
^ lol my thoughts exactly XD. Ah well it's not like FnC were gonna win right? Neither will breaksk8 so i guess its alright xD.

Offline eglue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2008, 06:16:29 PM »
yea i was happy and FnC and breaksk8 were in the bottom 2. i didnt care which left. it just had to be one of them.

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2008, 06:20:34 PM »
Jabba was bringing it with the lockin'.

Lockin' ftw.

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2008, 12:04:03 AM »
i can't find status quo's ep 5 perf yet =P

Jabba is sick.
Kaba was nice too, but I liked Jabba's perf better this week.

I'm glad fish n chicks are gone.  They've been on the bottom 2 like 3 times or so.
BreakSk8 is saving all their moves.  They've been getting better.  Last weeks bball perf was good.

Yuri is so cute and sexy.  She was hott on the floor last week, at the end of the dance.  This week, yay pelvic thrusts!  When She has makeup on, she still reminds me of Rika Ishikawa, but Korean.
word.

Offline eglue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2008, 03:13:17 AM »
^ she reminds me more of boa then rika.

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2008, 07:16:42 AM »
^ looks wise... mmmmmmmmmmmm i sorta see it i guess...   BoA has like a longer head or something.  But she's got the korean milky skin =)

haha
since i started the thread, i'm allowed to put pics of Yuri on here =)
These were from her Myspace page.  Backstage pics woohoo!  And yeah, thats Hayden!
There's a girl on the Kaba Modern site that i "think" looks better than Yuri though =)  Cindy Kim, i wanna see her in action

-----

Anyways!  I think Status Quo is out next.  Then BreakSk8.  BreakSk8 is getting better with each episode, but i think the people have their favorites now and its too late for them.  I think everyone called it, Kaba VS Jabba in the finals =P  Its a tough call, i feel.
word.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2008, 09:04:06 AM »
after you mentioned her looking like rika, i started to see it. esp in ep 4 when they were all made up as the 'popular' girls.

breaksk8 needs to be out next. i would love to say that the judges will give it to status quo (since itll obviously be those 2 in the bottom), but theyre all over breaksk8's jock...

any ideas on finale structure? i think it should just be an hour long battle between kaba and jabba. how epic!

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Leslie Cheung - Moon Represent My Heart