JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ovum - Zero

Author Topic: The Ogawa Saki Thread (小川紗季)  (Read 42196 times)

Offline mochlovesyou

Re: The Ogawa Saki Thread (小川紗季)
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2011, 01:19:25 AM »
I love my saki!

Offline mochlovesyou

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2011, 01:28:55 AM »
 :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2011, 08:40:08 PM »

Saki rockin' it in UTB. :rockon: :guitar:

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2011, 01:47:34 AM »
Saki Ogawa to leave S/mileage and Hello! Project
http://s-mileage.jp/info/2945

It's been announced on the S/mileage website that this weekend's "Uchouten Love" release event on the 27th will be the final appearance for Ogawa as a S/mileage member. Both my limited translation skills and Google translate fail me at the moment, but she apologizes for the last-minute announcement and thanks everyone for supporting her.

EDIT: Translation courtesy of Takamaruyo.net
http://www.takamaruyo.net/?p=400

Thank you for always supporting me.

As of August 27th 2011 I, Ogawa Saki, will graduate from S/mileage as well as Hello! Project.

Since our major debut last year in May, I have enjoyed every single day as part of S/mileage.

However, somewhere down in my heart, I felt there was a gap between myself and the S/mileage me. I have talked it over with the staff many times and have been constantly worrying about it, and with everyone working their hardest to move forward and myself still uncertain of things, I decided that it was not in the best interest of S/mileage and I will return to being just a normal girl.

I apologize for the last minute announcement.

While there may be feelings of sadness, S/mileage will always be a group with it’s trademark smile!

I’ll be working my hardest to end with a smile until my last event on 8/27, I know there isn’t a lot of time left but I hope you can support me!

The new members will power up S/mileage after I graduate so I hope you’ll continue to support them.

Thank you very much for all your support up til now.

2011/08/24
S/mileage Ogawa Saki
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 01:53:32 AM by J-Triumf »
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2011, 02:04:22 AM »

(J-Triumf-: thanks for finding the translation)
Limited skills in translating also, but yeah, she is graduating. Tsunku said something about sorry to spring this on you, but for contractual reasons really couldn't say much until now, blah, blah, blah.

I will surely miss Saki, but she has been working double, triple time with the Oha show, s-mileage, and still a student. Not sure what the reasons are, but she will always have those wishing her well in whatever she does. She has brought a lot of joy and enthusiasm in a world that has been sorely lacking such things.

Did notice that she seemed pretty subdued in the announcements with the new girls.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 02:13:30 AM by muppet »

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2011, 02:11:47 AM »
Wishing Saki a bright and wonderful future as a "normal girl"- her time in Hello! Project was was magic and fun.

Smileage - Koi ni Booing Buu! (Ogawa Saki Close-up Ver.) {With thanks to ForcenMAX}

Offline nimrod

• RihoLicious!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • BABYMETAL DEATH!
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2011, 02:17:03 AM »
new members means that old members have to go   :thumbdown: :(
りほ, りほ Password is りほ  ♪

がんばれいな!- twitter - last.fm - DVD Profiler - tumblr

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2011, 02:18:53 AM »
Sad to see her go.

On the one hand, the suddenness of this announcement and the short time between it and her last event will fuel rumors that this might actually be her getting kicked out for some reason.

On the other hand, the new member auditions and the end of their weekly Ustream show both make more sense now.
Tsunku's comment makes it seem like the new member auditions were decided after Saki asked him to let her leave.
Plus, there's no real way to announce something like this slowly without compromising the group's cohesiveness.
Still, they probably could have made a bigger deal of this if they wanted to.

I'm inclined to take the announcement at face value, since S/mileage, Oha Star, and school are undoubtedly a lot to deal with.
I always felt she was the odd one out a little bit, being the only one who wasn't at least 15 or in Shugo Chara Egg.
It's not unheard of for someone to want to step out of the spotlight in favor of a more normal life.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 02:34:48 AM by Slack »
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2011, 02:39:49 AM »
Was looking around and found that she left a farewell message on the Oha Star site too.
http://www.shopro.co.jp/oha/topics/20110824ohagirl.html

In addition, a new Oha Girl Maple member is supposedly making her debut tomorrow!

It says she's age 14, 157cm tall, from Fukuoka.
HMMMMMMMMM WHO DO WE KNOW WHO MATCHES THAT?
http://bday.jphip.com/info.php?id=313
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2011, 02:52:31 AM »
I did feel that out of all the S/mileage members Saki seemed to take the news about new members the hardest. Even though everyone seemed upset at first she was the only one that didn't seem to get excited later on. During the new member announcements she cried the whole time and couldn't speak and in her blog afterwards she didn't have the same level of happiness that Yuuka, Dawa, and Kanon did in their blog entries. Now whether or not this is because she knew already that she would be leaving or if she just wasn't happy about the changes and then later decided to leave who knows.

I do feel kind of bad for the new members now though. If this is new information they are bound to feel like it is their fault that she left and I know there will be a lot of "fans" who feel the same way. It'll become one of those "it's the new members fault" kind of situations. Even if she did leave because more members were being added it isn't the new girls fault but Tsunku's. The girls didn't decide S/mileage needed new members they just went out for the opportunity when it become available. Sadly a lot of people won't think about it that way but hopefully true fans won't be hard on the new members for Saki's decision.

I will really miss Saki because she had a great voice and a bubbly personality and I wish her all the best in life and I really hope she's happy.

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2011, 03:05:04 AM »
Here's the thing.

Tsunku's comment says:
Early in May this year
“Earlier, I have been contemplating and consolidating with staffs, about returning to being a normal middle school student. I feel very strongly about this, please let me quit.”
she has made this request.

It was officially announced at first that this unit’s member might increase or decrease,
it was due this is reason that an urgent S/mileage member audition was held in June this year.
Due to various conditions of the group, herself and other parties involved, as well as terms and conditions on contract, it was not until today that this information about her could be reported, please accept my apologizes.
(emphasis added)

Now if any of that's true, the audition was decided as a direct result of Saki's decision, not the other way around.
Keep in mind that the new member audition announcement came at the end of May, not the beginning.
While it's true that you could interpret her lack of enthusiasm throughout the entire process as being bitter about having new members added,
you could just as easily say she was made saddened by the fact that adding new members is a concrete sign that the group will go on without her.

It's like "You really are going on without me, aren't you?".
If anything, that just reinforces the feelings behind her decision to leave.

It might just be spin, but the truth is we have no idea what really happens behind the scenes.
Unless there's some outside source that we have, we can only take these announcements as they come.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 03:21:30 AM by Slack »

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2011, 03:07:19 AM »
Her uncontrollable outbursts of giggling - anytime, anyplace.............Saki always came loaded with sunshine, and of course, she takes that with her wherever she goes. :twothumbs

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2011, 03:12:32 AM »
Slack san,
Agreed, it would seem she wanted out of the idol scene, and then the audtions were announced - in that order.
To tell you the truth, I am amazed at how few of the girls with the heaviest workloads don't crack under the pressure. Poor Ai Kago just wanted to sneak an occasional cig to help deal with the pressure, and that only brought down a world of hurt on her.
Saki may need a little adjustment time, coming off the idol high, but "normal world" is lucky to have her back.

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2011, 03:50:19 AM »
I just want to say good luck to Saki in all her future endeavors!

I guess the idol lifestyle is just not for everyone. This really sucks, coz I always thought that she was the best singer in the group (her voice is sorta like Fujimoto-lite) and they always relied on her for most of the difficult singing parts. This kinda puts a really sad perspective on the whole 2nd gen auditions especially when you watch the announcement clips again. Really heartbreaking stuff. :( Those new sub-members will have some mighty big shoes to fill for sure.

Good luck to Saki again! She'll always be one of my faves!  :)

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2011, 04:35:58 AM »
Awww, I'm sad to see her go.  :cry: I never followed S/mileage that closely, other than listening to their singles, but I always thought she was a good asset to H!P. Her voice is adorable and she always seemed to have a smile. I didn't think her age made a difference but I guess I may have been wrong.

Sakichy, do your best in whatever you choose to do after H!P. I wish you all the luck in the world!!! :wub:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2011, 09:08:51 AM »
Others have already said pretty much everything that I would have said. Evidently this is something that she has been thinking of for a while, so if this really is what she wants, then we as fans respect her decision and wish her the best in whatever her future endeavours.

Speaking strictly as a fanboy though...my first, initial gut reaction when I saw/read the news of her leaving: CLICK.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2011, 09:18:02 AM »
I just heard about this, so I guess in a way she seems to be set on leaving, sometimes we forget that they are human beings too and if they need to step away, let them be, I just hope she has great successes in the future and if she comes famous along the way, all great for her
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kyo-

• Member+
  • S/mileage Family
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2011, 10:02:23 AM »
so this the reasons why saki-chan not so cheerfull like before

i'm not really big fans of S/milage or saki-chan.. but real sad to let this talented and cheerful girl go   :(
mood makers, most of the fun on S/milage made/pull by saki-chan
A real big lost for S/milage , Hello! Project, and of-course fans

but, i understand her reason, shes been doing this from her younger age, never do things doing by girls at her age

can only hope for her bright future,, and i still hopping can saw you, a coming back maybe, but dunno.. please be happy saki-chan

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2011, 03:58:53 AM »
One outgoing H!P member has some last words to say about another outgoing member...
http://ameblo.jp/takahashiai-blog/entry-10996822958.html

Quote from: Ai Takahashi
The graduation of S/mileage's Saki Ogawa chan...

No doubt, there's a lot of worry...probably about such a decision.

Honestly, I was very surprised, but...
It's her life.

I think I still want to support her (^-^)/

Go full speed until the end, okay?
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline KappaAiriSuzuki

« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2011, 10:54:25 PM »
its really sad that she's graduating and she only gave 3 days notices  :cry:

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ovum - Zero