JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: f(x) - Ending Page

Author Topic: [TV] Dollhouse  (Read 3421 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
[TV] Dollhouse
« on: August 22, 2009, 07:21:14 AM »

Dollhouse is an American science fiction television series created by writer-director Joss Whedon under Mutant Enemy Productions. The show premiered on February 13, 2009 on the Fox network. Episodes of Dollhouse are about six minutes longer than standard one-hour dramas on Fox television, as the show airs with half as many commercial advertising slots.

After the May 8, 2009 airing of the Season 1 finale, "Omega", the series went into a brief hiatus before being renewed for a second season of thirteen episodes.[3] A thirteenth episode from Season 1, "Epitaph One," was not aired, but was released on DVD after a premiere at the 2009 Comic Con in San Diego. The US DVD was released on July 28, 2009, and the UK DVD will be released on September 7, 2009.

Dollhouse Trailer

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: [TV] Dollhouse
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 10:03:49 AM »
Dang, I stopped watching this because I got lazy watching shows streamed. >_< But I will continue watching it some day, haha. It's not the greatest show ever, but it's not bad, either. I'm fascinated by the concept, lol.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 11:23:31 AM »
It's a show that has an ok start, not terrible but at the same time nothing to write home over. By around the 6th episode or so, things really pick up, some of the humour is brought into it and the plot starts developing in an interesting way. The finale's great and the hidden episode is really spectacular stuff.

And it has Eliza Dushku and Dichen Lachman. It's reason enough to watch. :drool:

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 12:03:24 PM »
i fucken love this show. Joss is so baller. I'm extremely happy it got picked up for season 2, it has so much potential

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 02:03:14 PM »
Usually I will wait til shows get shown in my country but for Dollhouse I made an exception, watched it every week when it came out. Though the beginning was a bit weak I stayed til the final and never regreted one second of it. I can't wait for Season 2 - September 18th - The Dollhouse will open again! Wooohoooo  XD

Btw, I was searching for that secret episode, I knew it existed but couldn't find it, anyone got a link?

And it has Eliza Dushku and Dichen Lachman. It's reason enough to watch.

qft! I totally fell in love with Dichen, she's on Twitter (who isn't, except for myself ^^) : http://twitter.com/dichenlachman
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 02:10:05 PM by coachie »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 02:16:54 PM »
I was fortunate to watch it as the Sci-Fi channel here in the UK showed it as the true finale to the series. Searched everywhere online for it but there's no joy.

From Dichen's twitter:

the lugubrious dancer besotted by starburst bubbles with disillusionment in cumulative time

Uh...ok? XD That episode where Topher imprints her to become his best friend for the day is a total geek-gasm. I'm gonna see if there's enough material on the net to start her own thread!

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 09:21:33 PM »
I saw the lost episode, it was pretty good. here's a link:

credit for DL to releaselog

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 09:22:44 PM »
Summer Glau Confirmed

Summer Glau Gets Two-Episode ‘Dollhouse’ Stay

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Oh, yes, Whedonites, it’s happening. Summer Glau is confirmed to be joining the second season of Dollhouse, which begins on September 25. The folks at Fox confirmed to fan site Dollverse that she’s doing at least two episodes this season, playing a character called Bennett, who works within the Dollhouse. And that’s the least we know.

The former Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles star is no stranger to working with Joss: Summer was, of course, part of the cast for the still heavily-missed Firefly, the space western that was cancelled to fans’ disappointment, or maybe more than that. The news also makes Summer the latest in a string of actors that have worked with Whedon before to join Dollhouse: Alan Tudyk was Alpha in last season, Felicia Day was part of “Epitaph One”, and Jamie Bamber is set to star in the upcoming season premiere.

And to prolong this, a quick history lesson: Joss always planned to have Summer along for Dollhouse, even before Terminator was cancelled. “If anybody thinks [that idea] hasn’t occurred to me already then they have not met me,” he told Entertainment Weekly last May. “I was like, ‘You know, we should get you in the house.’ But first we have to come up with something that works.”

His plan was to have her as a character “who talks too much”. Now we have a better idea of what she’ll be doing in Dollhouse, we can have a better idea of what she might do. Topher’s new intern? Somehow who’ll annoy him a lot more than Ivy ever did? Again, the floor is open to your imprints. And yes, by that, I mean ideas.
http://dollhousedormitory.co.cc/2009/08/27/summer-glau-confirmed/

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 10:47:39 PM »
Second season has started and ratings are worse than they have ever been.
Please tune in and support the show, I need my weekly dose of Echo, Sierra and Victor.

Offline xelibri

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 04:00:46 PM »
Lol. It got cancelled. Can't say I'm surprised. :lol:

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 10:35:24 PM »
Only one episode left...
Last few eps were a hell of a ride, I wonder how this is going to end.

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: f(x) - Ending Page