JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: EXID - Call

Author Topic: General Korean Movie Thread  (Read 20718 times)

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
Re: General Korean Movie Thread
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2012, 01:21:47 AM »
www.mysoju.com

has Korean, Japanese, Chinese films and shows

Offline KyouKEN

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2012, 08:00:37 PM »
I skimmed through the thread, and I don't think "I Saw the Devil" was mentioned!

http://asianwiki.com/I_Saw_the_Devil

If you enjoyed "Old Boy" then I'm sure you would like this movie.

"http://asianwiki.com/Hello_Ghost" is another good movie. Hello Ghost stars Kim Tae-Hyun, who never fails to fill a role in a comedy.

Gah, I could recommend a lot more, but nothing comes to mind atm.

Offline Saiber

• ecchi
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2012, 05:42:30 PM »
I usually buy the DVDs or just watch them on youtube or a chinese application called Funshion.. so far i've watched around two? Old boy and Frozen Flower. FF kinda made me awkward watching running man because of the sex scenes with ji hyo, but I understand that it was a job so I guess she really got into character.

Offline thatguylester

• <3 Hyomin
  • ecchi
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2012, 08:15:30 PM »
so the website mysoju.com is forever gone??

Offline MrQRS

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2012, 11:15:18 AM »
I skimmed through the thread, and I don't think "I Saw the Devil" was mentioned!

http://asianwiki.com/I_Saw_the_Devil

If you enjoyed "Old Boy" then I'm sure you would like this movie.

"http://asianwiki.com/Hello_Ghost" is another good movie. Hello Ghost stars Kim Tae-Hyun, who never fails to fill a role in a comedy.

Gah, I could recommend a lot more, but nothing comes to mind atm.

is it cha tae hyun or kim hyun lol anyway love cha tae hyuns movie think ima check hello ghost out i didnt like i saw the devil though movie is a bit to gory for me i dont like gory movie very much
Advent to the top

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2012, 07:28:31 AM »
Just saw a really fine film- a comedy with dramatic elements.

Title: 아부의 왕 / Ahbuwei Wang  (which means "Flattery King")
English title: The Suck Up Project: Mr. XXX-Kisser  (as in Ass Kisser)

Stars Song Sae-Byeok as a member of a planning dept for a sales company, but he is transferred to the sales department. At the same time as the transfer, he finds his mother has borrowed money from loan sharks to bribe school officials so that Song's father, a vice principal can finally get a promotion to prinicipal. This is all unknown to the father, but Song must quickly earn all the money back in one month's time....otherwise big trouble with the loan sharks (the leader of the loan sharks is masterfully portrayed by Ko Chang-Seok)

Song is not good at sales, so after some mishaps, he seeks out a 'master' who is said to have incredible skills at flattering people to in turn manipulate them into buying whatever he is selling. The master is played by Sung Dong-Il , and the chemistry between the two actors is perfect and makes the film.

Two very beautiful  and talented actresses, Kim Sung-Ryeong  and Han Chae-Ah  (Ms Han as Song's ex university girlfriend, and Ms. Kim as former love interest and partner of Sung) add some great performances. Special mention has to go to actor Lee Byung-Joon, who plays the pushy mega powerful and corrupt foil of Song's conflicted, but generally innocent salesman who must balance his newly found skills of flattery while remaining an honest man as he has always been taught by his father (who was unaware of his wife's scheming ways).

I was lucky, of course to see a screening of the film with English subtitles. I have not seen a lot of Korean films, but the ones I have seen have always impressed me, whatever the genre. Acting, directing, scripts always have been quite good, with dense layering of various emotions and themes.

A trailer:

Offline vampireape

• ecchi
  • Do you really care?
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2012, 01:10:12 AM »
Just rewatched I saw the Devil, really awesome film. Think I'm gonna start watching the revenge triology soon, need to figure out which order to watch though

Offline mrdizzo100

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2013, 04:23:07 PM »
going to check devil out

Offline rhum

• ecchi
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2013, 07:13:31 AM »
i love all the Kim ki-duk movies they are so great!!!
like my avatar show it my favorite movie is not an kim kiduk movie but one of park chang-wook old boy= the best for me,
i like his others movies too.

recently watched i liked silenced with gong yoo and jung yu-mi.

Offline robbe_881

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2013, 03:58:22 PM »
I saw "old boy" "mr vengeance" and "lady vengeance". All are great movies; but maybe "lv" is the less cool.
Now i'm planning to watch "thirst".
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0762073/

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: EXID - Call