JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Cocco - Countdown

Author Topic: Who loves Korean Variety Shows?  (Read 35273 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Who loves Korean Variety Shows?
« on: March 02, 2010, 03:01:57 AM »
There's a shitload of Korean Variety Shows out there cuz I see y'all babbling about Family Outing, Invincible Youth, We Got Married, etc. and I'm confused as hell!

So here's a thread to pimp whatcha been watching.   :yep:

Recommend shows and episodes to others. Like what episodes / moments are worth reliving? Discuss away!!

My personal fave is Hello Baby cuz I like how SNSD neglect the kid ROFL!

c'mon son! spread the knowledge O0

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
Re: Who loves Korean Variety Shows?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 03:33:37 AM »
I would like to make a request.

I request the following list from the more hardcore viwers:
What shows has most semi nudity (girls) or equivalent and include the hottest chicks? And have the least gay dudes?

Write it up like:
1. <showname1> - Has naked chicks doing cartwheels
2. <showname2> - Blablabla they get wet blabla see through bla ass.

Or something like that. I'd greatly appreciate it coz right now I can't even bother to watch anything. There's too much and I have too little time. :(

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Sev Schlongtong
[/url]

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 12:04:31 PM »
^ LOL, like one of the most epic posts ever XD
* lollipopgirl bows to the ever growing awesomeness of Sev

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 05:18:15 PM »
^ It's hilarious but at the same time it's a valid request :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 04:14:40 AM »
LoL @ Sev, we're talking about konservative Korea here. I would like to see if Korea even has shows like that and I wouldn't mind watching it just because I never seen a show like that. But then again I like K-shows because they're not like that. I suppose I'll keep an eye out for that :roll:

But what I can recommend...

1. "Sweet Girl" Choseok Special - 26 girls from 6 groups (3 SNSD, 4 Kara, 5 After School, 6 T-ara, 5 4Minute, 3 BEG) come together to compete in a series of games but only ONE will come out winner in the end. Some things that might interest you: Guess who (one girl is blindfolded and has to guess which girl from which girlgroup she's touching), Best lips and legs contest, wrestling match. But then again it's not as sexy as it sounds, but it has a lot of interaction between girl groups.

2. Family Outing Season 1 - 6 celebs with a guest or 2 go out to the country and live the simple live, doing chores left by the owners whose house they're staying in, all while playing games and other funny crazy stuff ensuing. I think the best episodes were the ones where Park Yejin & Lee Chunhee were still in it, cuz after that the show kinda went down after they were gone. And people don't seem to like Season 2 as much despite that SNSD's Yoona and 2PM's Taecyeon are in it.

3. Invincible Youth - 7 girls (SNSD's Sunny & Yuri, 4Minute's Hyunah, T-ara's Hyomin, Kara's Hara, BEG's Narsha, and Secret's Sunhwa) go out to the country blah blah blah In other words, it's the all girl version of "Family Outing". I can't pick out a particular episode cuz they're all great...Sunny's skills in everything, Yuri's popularity in everything, Hara's clumsiness, Hyunah's whining, Hyomin's weirdness, Sunhwa's airheadedness, Narsha's dirty mind. It's great.

4. Strong Heart - 20-ish celebrities from different fields (actresses, singers, comedians, etc.) come together to tell true life stories they've experienced. Each episode has a theme and they are to come up with stories according to that theme. Out of these stories, secrets and unexpected things are revealed about the celebs, you get to know different sides to them through these stories. After one story is told another story is told and the audience has to pick which of the 2 is the better story, and they continue to do this until there's a winner in the end. 2NE1 appears in episode 2.

yeah, no ass or boobs, sorry :lol:

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 06:05:18 AM »
One of my favorites has been Intimate Note.  Lots of bickering between group members, where they let alot of shit out about themselves!

The best episode I've seen was with Super Junior, which I originally linked in their thread:

Then, a really touching one with Fly to the Sky:

And of course, SNSD had a hilarious episode last year:

And the one I've seen most recently, Kara and SS501:

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 01:02:03 PM »
Basically I only watch shows that my girls appear on, and then again not all of them XD
I completely second Do Me's suggestion of "Sweet Girl" Choseok Special New to Kpop? Wanna get to know the girl groups? That is the BEST way to do so, even opened my eyes to a lot as well! Lots of laughs and gropage/clinginess *cough*Hara/Jessica*cough* to get you through :D
Invincible Youth is also brilliant for an introduction, although its not really only to a few people as opposed to the whole (or majority) of members in the groups, like the Sweet Girl special.

If you are a fan of "reality TV" then I recommend 'Wonder Bakery'
I'm a reality tv fan, and although I began watching it for the Wonder Girls (who are the only idols on the show), I stayed for the concept & would have watched regardless of who was on it... even if it was a boyband, LE GASP! Basically, each girl works in a team with an aspiring pastry chef to complete challenges. The one chosen as the worst for the challenge each week is eliminated  and eventually the final WG/Pastry Chef team left standing wins. Said pastry chef wins a bunch of money to go towards their dream. + lots of funny/dorky antics by Wonder Girls, so recommended to any fans of them too. One of my fave Kpop variety shows!

Similarly, SNSD's Factory Girl kinda fits this category for me. Its nice to see them out of their comfort zone as they intern as Editors for Elle Girl magazine Korea. They are split into two teams, and although the original concept was to set them against each other in challenges, this was soon lost amongst the rest of the awesomeness in the show. Again, a great introduction to SNSD for newcomers, & anyone wanting some English speaking Jessica/Tiffany (& Sooyoung), this is the place!

Oh the days when Wonder Bakery & Factory Girl were aired on the SAME night in Korean (right after each other on the same channel) and were very quickly subbed by their respective fansubbers :heart:

I also second KT's recommendation of Intimate Note. Although I haven't watched much of this show (only Wonder Girls & SNSD eps) I REALLY enjoyed it. Once again, a great way to see a little deeper & learn more about your fave idols. The show as a whole is very well organised, even if the hosts do tend to lose their minds sometimes :P

Finally, the one show I will watch regardless of who is on it (well, if I had the time/dl limit) is Star Golden Bell. GREAT games that I never get tired of seeing, and usually a chance to learn a little about the Korean language too. With a 'line' of comedians constantly doing their best to steal the limelight away from the idols & other celebrities on the show, how could you not enjoy it! Immediately, I haven't seen any of the 'new' version, but highly recommend searching for any episodes your fave idol groups were on (bound to be at least one!), or for a great intro to the show, the Idol Special with KARA, SNSD, 2pm & SHINee was a complete crack up XD Great family show too :thumbsup: (sorry Sev, no nekkidness, or even close to it~).

I actually have a couple more that I recommend but I had no idea this would get so long so they can be for another time :lol:
So sorry for the length, I thought I would only be mentioning like two :sweatdrop:

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 11:33:29 PM »
Similarly, SNSD's Factory Girl kinda fits this category for me. Its nice to see them out of their comfort zone as they intern as Editors for Elle Girl magazine Korea. They are split into two teams, and although the original concept was to set them against each other in challenges, this was soon lost amongst the rest of the awesomeness in the show. Again, a great introduction to SNSD for newcomers, & anyone wanting some English speaking Jessica/Tiffany (& Sooyoung), this is the place!

Factory Girl is my favorite show out of them all. It had everything, some humor, some seriousness and a whole lot of shoes. (I am a sneaker guy but I can appreciate heels.)

But Invincible Youth is making a serious run at my favorite Korean Variety show.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 06:39:08 AM »
LOL SEV XD

Yeah any show where there's some ass crack!! or KPOP GALS making a fool outta themselves

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 12:25:47 AM »
The format of Intimate Note where they bring groups on to argue and stuff is freaking amazing!! Happy Together back before they changed the format a million times was amazing too. Infinity Challenge is a living legend and a personal favorite of mine.

The new format for Sweet Night (formally Champagne) seems really really good. The episode I saw subbed with SNSD where they brought old friends was awesome. Also does anyone know what ever happened to Happy Shares Company? That was one of the first shows I saw after X-Man and Love Letter. I haven't watched much SGB since Suk Jin left, I guess I kinda boycotted.  :lol:

I'm kinda surprised people mention Factory Girl rather than the far superior SNSD shows like the MTV behind the scenes episodes and Girls Go to School. :twothumbs :heart:

Maybe not necessarily a variety show but the Cultwo radio guys are hilarious. They used to do a little TV show that was great too. They seem to have a great chemistry with guests. I bust a gut every time I watch something with them.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 12:35:08 AM by zoolander »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 07:36:17 AM »
nice variety of shows! :lol:

I forget this was on. krystal in dream team~is the new record holder

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 03:51:32 AM »
Shit, KrysHo kicking ass!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 12:46:36 AM »
  brand new G7

I miss my Sunny and Yuri

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 05:08:31 AM »
^ I'ma miss my baby Hyuna and her most adorable whining and pouting :heart:

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 05:43:29 PM »
Oh, I love Korean variety shows!  :D These days I've been watching mostly Invincible Youth. I love Sunhwa cos she's so dumb  :wub: and Hara is cute and funny and it's so lol watching TaeWoo trying to hit on Yuri  :lol: I also watch We're Getting Married and Hello Baby. Hyun and Yoong are great and awkward together but I'm waiting for Victoria and Nickkhun couple, they seem so cool together :)

Offline khoonah

• ecchi
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 02:52:53 AM »
Heroes is a great new Variety show. Lots a cute idols, Nicole, Jiyeon, IU, and others. Noh Hong Chul is ridiculous, but overall worth watching!

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 07:18:23 AM »
^ Part of me isn't a fan of Hong Chul, its like he's ALWAYS trying too damn hard.  IU in episode 2 was freaking adorable tho, like a little kid in a candy store.

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 05:45:13 AM »
I love variety shows when I am bored !

I am currently following :

- Invincible Youth
- Running Man
- Infinite Challenge
- 1 Night 2 Days
- Heroes
- Dream Team Season 2
- Happy Together (if good guests)
- We Got Married (YongHyun, Khuntoria and KwonGaIn)

I am really enjoying Heroes and Running Man !

Offline tdizo

• ecchi
  • =D
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 01:32:06 PM »
Shows that I have watched or am watching right now are:

Invincible Youth
Family Outing Season 1 (Highly Recommended)
Happy Together (Recommended)
Oh! My School (someone told me this show is called 100 points out of 100, I'm not sure, but the place I watch it, they call it Oh! My School)
Intimate Note
Running Man
We Got Married
Strong Heart
Any specials that the stations produce.

Quick qustion, does anyone know where I can watch Heroes. I've been hearing good things about the show and want to check it out. Thanks

Offline aerokinesis

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 03:57:38 AM »
I've watched alot of korean variety shows, but invincible youth seemed to be my favorite.. because it got me really addicted to BEG. I wasn't that big of a BEG fan, but now? pffft

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Cocco - Countdown