JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tanpopo - Baby Cry

Author Topic: Barry Bonds Book Bombshell BAH!  (Read 6578 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Barry Bonds Book Bombshell BAH!
« on: March 08, 2006, 10:02:19 AM »

Wow. You knew they were gonna write a book when they broke the story in the SF Chronicle. :o
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/magazine/03/06/growth0313/index.html

from what i heard. jealous of McGwire. bull testosterone. and more.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 10:59:26 AM »
Call me a loon but I still say Barry is a first-ballot hall of fame player, period.

He'll come out of this better than Palmeiro.

Offline Thimas X

• I eat Jailbaits for breakfast
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 04:13:45 PM »
I agree with Saburo.

This is sorta unfair to Bonds. What about Sosa and McGwire?

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 11:20:40 PM »
From 1998 to 2003, Bonds:

-- Passed every drug test,

-- Broke no MLB rules

-- Never perjured himself in front of congress or a grand jury.

This is NOT to condone Bonds's actions, if true.  However, MLB players have been playing drugged up for GENERATIONS.  It will be interesting to see how the new ban on SPEED will affect players.  Will there be a newfound passion for coffee in big league clubhouses?

And I still say that the jury is out on how steroid use can enhance performance on the field.  Yeah, it turns a 380-foot home run into one that goes 430.  It also helps you recover from workouts.  However, I've read some remarkable claims about steroids enhancing:

-- Eyesight, so your strike zone judgement improves

-- Reaction time, so you can tell the difference between heat and breaking pitches.

I'm still waiting for the scientific research on these claims.  Yeah it repairs muscle tears, etc but I've been saying for years that if it adds 30, 40 points to your OBP then a LOT of guys should take mandatory doses of steroids.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 07:52:21 AM »
Quote from: Saburo

He'll come out of this better than Palmeiro.

LOL, this reminded of that MadTV spoof on Palmeiro on how steroids accident got into him  :lol:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 09:43:10 AM »
It's been a while...I meant to comment earlier blah blah

butt check it

Sources: Grand jury looks at whether Bonds lied

Federal prosecutors may be pursuing a perjury case against San Francisco Giants slugger Barry Bonds, stemming from his denials of steroid use during a federal grand jury appearance in 2003, CNN has learned. Bonds, who now ranks third in career home runs, has steadfastly maintained he never knowingly used steroids.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/04/14/bonds/index.html

And he doesn't help he was batting .167 and his knees have been killing him. When the book came out, all he did was sue the writers over the use of the grand jury docs and not the validity of the accusations. Made him look real bad in the media.

Bud Selig's "probe" was complete bullshit when it was made cuz that guy was a Red Sox person...the Feds coming in won't turn up anything either.

ESPN keeps reporting DING!! home runs and not the basic scores. HRs put asses in the stands and this lynch mob is pretty brutal.

Wonder how Bonds will come out now??

Offline Thimas X

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 03:50:05 AM »
This grand jury stuff shouldn't bother Bonds unless he did lie and he is the only that knows if he did or not.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 08:19:48 AM »
Check this out. Some guy threw a tube of toothpaste at him :ky:

"We take that stuff very seriously," Diamondbacks President Richard H. Dozer said.

WERD :p

But seriously, anyone pick up "Love Me Hate Me Making of Anti Hero" Barry is described as being scarred by his father..drunk. abused. Picking up both of these books would give a good POV.

Compared to Jose Canseco "The Godfather of Roids" - saying baseball wanted to get rid of him. I read his book and it was like o_O -- Barry does get a bad rap. Canseco accuses Bonds of asking Jose how he got so ripped.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 08:42:02 AM by daigong »

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 08:41:26 AM »
The grand jury crap...  Has all the makings of a witch hunt, not unlike the entrapment of Bill Clinton and his subsequent impeachment.

If that's your idea of "law" enforcement, whatever.  I don't subscribe to it and it doesn't make our (American) republic any safer.  

With sportswriters egging on the fans, I'm surprised someone just doesn't come out and shoot the guy.  With lead bullets, instead of growth hormone.

Anyone who goes to a ballgame JUST to throw shit at Barry Bonds are the same kind of people who would come out for a lynching in the early-to-mid 20th century.

Blah, blah, blah...  Play fucking ball, you morons!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 02:43:05 AM »
Let's make this thread dedicated to tracking Barry closing in on Babe Ruth's 714 since The Commish ain't gonna do it:

April 22nd. Home Run #709 @ Coors Field, vs Colorado Rockies

April 25th. Home Run #710 @ AT&T Park, vs NY Mets

April 26th. Home Run #711 @ AT&T Park, vs Colorado Rockies

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 06:14:09 AM »
I'm a fan of Barry and it doesn't make me feel at all gleeful to see him limping in pain running out a home run, his face wincing.

I can see him saying the hell with all this after he passes the Babe and hanging it up.  I sure hope NOT.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 06:21:12 AM »
^ true. I haven't seen him round the bases, but really, he'd be better off as a DH.

May 2nd. Home Run #712 @ AT&T Park, vs San Diego Padres

May 7th. Home Run #713 @ Citizens Bank Park, vs Philadelphia Phillies
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 08:01:33 AM by daigong »

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
Target: Bonds
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006, 05:52:03 AM »

Russ Springer of the Houston Astros took aim at Barry Bonds on Tuesday, taking five pitches to nail him.  Springer and Houston manager Phil Garner were both ejected from the game.  

Springer, who seems to be holding some kind of nutty grudge against Bonds, should have the book thrown at him.  Jose Mesa got away with armed assault with a paltry four-game suspension.  I hope Springer gets hit harder than what he threw at Bonds.

Jayson Stark of ESPN reports on the incident:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=2447860

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 06:07:03 AM »
that's really dirty yo.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2006, 06:14:00 AM »
Oh yeah, the Houston crowd gave Springer a standing ovation after he got ejected.

They're the kind of people who would go to a lynching, if they were invited.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
Springer suspended for four games
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2006, 04:47:10 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2450863

I thought this passage was interesting: Springer remained in Louisiana with his wife Friday after leaving Houston on Tuesday night to be with her for scheduled surgery. Garner said the recovery of Springer's wife was a factor in his decision not to appeal the ruling.

There should be a lynch mob waiting at this hospital to throw baseballs at his wife.  

I'm only kidding.  Sort of.  

Maybe.

Offline ohbahsan

• Member+
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2006, 05:50:24 AM »
Quote from: Saburo
There should be a lynch mob waiting at this hospital to throw baseballs at his wife.  

I'm only kidding.  Sort of.  

Maybe.

i don't get it.  what's his wife got to do with anything?

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
Russ Springer: throw the book at him
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2006, 07:12:38 PM »
Russ Springer, because of some hidden grudge or egged on by a barbaric crowd, took aim at a batter with a hardball at 90mph-plus.  No matter what you think of Barry, he doesn't merit physical assault.  

When Springer left the mound, he was rewarded with a standing ovation from the hometown Houston fans.  Maybe they just sold an inordinate amount of beer that night but I was offended at everyone in Houston that night: Springer for being a chickenshit dickwad; Astros manager Phil Garner for condoning Springer's action as "strategy"; the Houston fans for encouraging behavior that doesn't make good baseball sense (giving a free base) and gleefully expressing a sadistic character.

You know, what goes around comes around.  To paraphrase John Lennon, instant karma can come out of nowhere and hit you with an even greater force than any 90mph fastball.  When I read that Springer would be serving the four-game suspension to be with his sick wife, I was thinking what would have happened if he put Barry Bonds in the hospital.  Batting helmets and elbow armor are no guarantee of protection.  Springer may have felt justified with his acts by the confirmation of the standing ovation but let's see him on the other side of the tracks, having rocks thrown at him and maybe the people he loves.

Bullying, terrorism...  when things like this happen in baseball, they need to be dealt with in the strongest terms, even more than steroids and uniform color-coordination.  Shit like this needs to be balanced out with penalites harsh enough to deter future acts of violence.  I don't know if four games and a "undisclosed" fine are the answer.  I get the feeling that Springer feels nice and snuggly.

I don't wish ill will on Springer's wife, whatever her condition.  But she should know that, a few days ago,  her husband was the leader of a lynch mob against Barry Bonds.  Imagine what that action teaches his kids, or anybody's kids?  Did Springer know that (gasp!) Barry Bonds has kids, too?

Eye for any eye?  Tit for tat?  I just wish Springer would get a taste of his own medicine, that's all.

End of line.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2006, 10:34:43 PM »
What a beautiful thing. 714 :o

He did it in the 2nd vs Oakland. off Halsley.

Offline Thimas X

• Member+
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2006, 06:44:58 AM »
yay he finally did it!

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tanpopo - Baby Cry