JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Suga Shikao - 19sai

Author Topic: The General AKB48 Fanfic Discussion Thread  (Read 331882 times)

Offline caghaunt

• Shinoda Mariko-sama!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ShawAkarin wa saikou! MariHaru mo!
Re: The General AKB48 Fanfic Discussion Thread
« Reply #160 on: October 30, 2012, 11:42:54 PM »
There, there, sakura-san.
Don't take too much care about it.
Just write what you want. There's always people outside jphip who search for something other than the mainstream.
Think of writing as a way to express your supressed and negative feeling into a fiction that anyone could read without telling anyone that it was your pure thoughts.
You could think of it as a way to reflect yourself and try to find what you lack of when you read your own fic.
Don't think of getting feedbacks. Set your expectation low.
Enjoy the writing activities. Someday, if you take a TOEFL test, maybe that's the one that will help you, for both reading section and writing section.

Keep writing, sakura-san. Make your negative feeling into the positive ones.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 08:13:39 AM by caghaunt »
One-shots: SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter: SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter:
SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter:
Tumblr:
caghaunt

Offline m00nchild

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Positive Mindset will Guide you to Happiness
« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2012, 05:30:55 AM »
^ Please stop mentioning my name!!!  :angry1:

@moonchild : Do, jjinja chugulle~  :shifty:

Relax my friend,
why it need to end up like this~
let's come out having a tea huh~~

Offline caghaunt

• Shinoda Mariko-sama!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #162 on: October 31, 2012, 12:58:59 PM »
Just don't think of change for getting "fame" or whatever it is. Except if your writing is really bad that is. You have to change it no matter what.

Let others thinking whatever they want to think. But look at what they've done. If they did worse than you, you might ignore them. But if they did better than you, don't let what they said affect you and you have to took it as a clue that you need to introspecting your own works and do better in the future to prove that you could done better than your last works.

The sad part is so many people tends to leave a good comment while we writer need more is the constructive critics.

EDIT:
Sieka-san, I just want to tell something regarding the fic you will make as a gift for me. If it seems hard, you don't have to write it, really. But if you think of it as a challenge I won't stop you from trying.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 01:35:48 PM by caghaunt »
One-shots: SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter: SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter:
Twitter:
Tumblr:
caghaunt

Offline anonymousdowner

• Journey ∞
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Atsumina ♥ Wmatsui ♥ MariHaru( *`ω’)人(бвб)
« Reply #163 on: October 31, 2012, 01:12:00 PM »
Everyone here is just wonderful aren't they?  :deco:

I think as fanfiction writers we've all gone through or has distraught about this at one point and with my personal experience...flowers don't bloom without a little rain. Like many of the people above had already mentioned, turn the negativity into something positive.  :yep: Sakura_drop_, you've been concerned about a change, but that doesn't necessarily mean your writing has become bad or that people don't appreciate it anymore... (I APPRECIATE YOUR WORK) Change has a considerable psychological impact on the human mind. To the fearful, it is threatening because it means things may get worse. To the hopeful, it is encouraging because things may get better. To the confident, it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better. (Inspiring quotes always cheers me up  :peace:) There are tons of reasons why people may not comment, but don't let that stop you from doing something you love. You always have to remember that the most powerful person to influence your amount of inspiration is you yourself ':) I don't always receive comments either and it does not help that my fics are always being put on check lol, but just the thought that at least one person is out there smiling because of the work I share is heartwarming enough to make me want to continue :thumbup

A note to everyone I follow/will follow/haven't followed yet, I usually leave long feedback to show you how much I appreciate it. I understand that they boost up motivation and a happy author means happy readers hehe, but if I don't comment...I apologize, life is crazy seriously... (We all should be able to relate not commenting on a fic we enjoy lol) My love and appreciation is still there though and know that I'm so glad and thankful for all your hard work and efforts! They've made me smile~  :heart: & that means everything really.  :thumbsup 

@ Hitobo - Still waiting patiently for portraits, don't forget how much I love your realistic style lol.

@ Rukaeru - I admit to jumping ships away from my original Atsumina, but you always seem so positive, prideful, & loving towards your work that it's a great inspiration for me haha.

@ Everyone else - Stay positive, love yourself, love your work, & keep smiling. (Oh yeah and follow the rules as long as you're on here hahahah!) :pimp:

Offline Calyrica

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Watashi wa yandere desu~
« Reply #164 on: October 31, 2012, 04:29:36 PM »
I agree with everything that's been said here. In the end, we all enjoy seeing our beloved AKB members in all sorts of ways, and we enjoy writing and sharing our own thoughts. Everyone has something different to bring to the forum, and I think that's really special. I don't consider myself to be a very creative person, so I love seeing all the situations everyone else thinks up. I may not ship all of the pairings, but there are others who do, so every story here has an audience. In some ways, I think having less comments on a story means it's more unique. XD It's definitely not a bad thing.

Also, I know that I'm personally really really bad at leaving comments. I often read something, say, "This is so good!" and then when I go to leave a comment, I'm like, "What can I say about this that I don't say about every other fic?" I want my comments to feel personalized towards that story, so I usually just end up giving up and not leaving one at all. :nervous But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the story!

And I only signed up for an account to share my own fics (and get access to the perv section). If I hadn't, I'd be just like any other lurker, unable to post comments thanking all of the wonderful authors for their hard work, but still appreciating it just the same!

@anonymousdowner: I've been wondering where you've disappeared to! Miss your comments (and your fic)!
My Tumblr | My Facebook
Chat with me on IRC
Member of: Evetaku, FFFpeeps, GotWoot, Jinsei, Sage, SHiN-gx, and Whine-subs

Offline Keisthename

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Keep Calm! Don't Sleep! I love- I ship! AtsuMina!
« Reply #165 on: November 01, 2012, 11:15:30 PM »
...also I want to be honest in here, that eherm (please don't be mad at me, okay~) I'm reading only some interesting part in ATSUMINA story, I'm not reading all of it.... it's not like the story is not interesting or something, it's because I'm lazy to read and hate to read a long story~  yeah! I'm the bad one in here I know~

One more thing, sometime I can't really understand their paragraph when they're using a beautiful words in writing a story, in your case I think your words erm, quite easy to understand but maybe I think I must read it again to understand the story line? hehehe~

PS: I'm not the person who like to read a novel~ I'm the person that love reading an anime manga and comics ...

No offense taken.  I know my story is a bit lengthy and that not everyone has a taste for long stories.

To be honest, I have a hard time writing short stories because in my head everything becomes so intricate.

As for vocabulary: if ever anyone has trouble understanding something in one of my stories, please don't hesitate to inquire about it.  I'll try my best to explain.

Oh my gosh my fics are so long I think I have to end it immediately! Like now! ~END~

Okay stop being ridiculous at once, my soul is currently moving away from my body since I got no sleep yet since yesterday XD. So pardon me. XD

I was lurking around to take some break and found this which somehow took effect on me. Coz I know my stories were long as well. Haha. Not really against about @rukaeru's opinion but I think reading a fiction that is long and only reading some parts that you feel like is 'appealing' to you somewhat makes that fan fiction/story a bit senseless. You won't feel different feelings that the fiction is about to make you feel:

(1) The greediness that's growing over some scenes you've been longing to read and feel as the story goes by,
(2) The feeling of you got a 'jackpot' prize when you finally read hints that your OTP's scene is about to appear. Like ---> "OMYGOD THIS IS IT, MY OTP's scene!!!! OMG I can't I.. ahhhh.. *dies.. then after emoting you'll continue reading like crazy..."
(3) the emotions and purpose of different characters being mentioned on the 'long fiction' connected with your favorite OTP,
(4) the sense of variety as well as adventure of the story being complete
and finally...
(5) The achievement and fulfillment that you will feel when you successfully read a "long" fan fiction.

I maybe exaggerating a bit (yeah I know completely exaggerating) but I'm telling this with basis as I was "ONCE" a reader like @rukaeru before. But I quit it right away because I feel like If I continue doing such habit I won't learn how a "novel" or a long story works out. Because you know I know to myself I am fond of writing a long story. Just like @hitobo, I also find myself hard to express and elaborate more on what I wanted the story should flow. I've known it when I tried to write one short story, I feel like the flow was soooo questionable and events were sooo fast that it feels like the story became emotionless. And yeah I'm working on this weakness of mine, I really have full respect and admiration towards those people who writes OS so effectively. Ahhh I love you guys, pls marry me... *cough cough* Okay that was out of the blue. LOL

And about that "beautiful words" you're saying that is hard for you to understand. I bet if you read such stories... that will make you grow as a good writer. If that person writes those beautiful words effectively in a long story and is grammatically correct, you'll definitely learn a lot from them. And eventually you'll find out that those are "author's style" of writing things. Don't close doors in your mind about just reading easily written fictions, because you know "adventure and experience" is again gonna be missed in it. (It's good to read short and long ones :D)

But of course I'm just saying my opinion and experience about "LONG FAN FICTIONS", and I'm not telling you to stop your (rukaeru) habitual way of reading fan fictions if that what makes you happy and enjoy everything ;) I know we all have different effective ways in having fun and I respect that.

Also I really am not a good writer and I'm still learning from amazing authors/writers on this forum and everywhere, so don't mind me if you find my statements senseless to you or to anybody. haha gomenasai and peace y'all.. <33333

Offline paperbagkun

• ( ´ ▽ `|||)'' kowareru...
« Reply #166 on: November 02, 2012, 04:05:26 AM »
 Believe it or not, I actually enjoy reading long chapters(despite being a slow reader). That unless they format their story well like adding paragraphs(I don't read gazillion words without paragraphs they're hurting my eyes then I lost where I read)/decent English(understandable). I really look up to writers who could write so many words in one chapter. There's that sensation when you read one chapter and finally you finished reading- "Aww what? To be continued? Daww I really wanna know what happens next!" this feeling is nice really haha! Btw hello everyone, nice to meet you! I'm fresh and new here. :)

Offline arisa03

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #167 on: November 02, 2012, 04:43:41 AM »
Length shouldn't be an issue. Story should be the issue. If you want to read a story, read it for the story, of course people in it is also a factor. Although I personally think that skipping some parts of a story just because it doesn't interest you is a disrespect to the author. But we all have our own opinions and likes and all, so this is my opinion.

I'm saying this, because I'm a writer, and I'm happy as long as people read my work, not skim it.
Like I’m the most calm... Like, it must definitely be because, Like when we enter, I’ll be hurrying. But Because Junjun is older, I can calm down? I don’t really know, Like I just absolutely want her there beside me. Whenever we go abroad, if Junjun is absolutely not beside me, I absolutely won’t go. Something like that. -- Tanaka Reina about Junjun.

Offline paperbagkun

« Reply #168 on: November 02, 2012, 05:09:43 AM »
If nobody minds, I'd like to share this http://www.memrise.com/language/eng/eng/ it's a good website that can improve your writing! They have options for other languages too! I'm learning there just so I can improve my vocabulary.  :jphip:  :cow:

Offline paperbagkun

« Reply #169 on: November 02, 2012, 09:46:09 AM »
I could still read the examples you've shown, Hitobo. You just knocked some sense in me, I have my own format to think carefully too. What I'm trying to tell is that some writers like to write so much in one paragraph. For example, 100 lines or maybe over in one paragraph with dialogues, other elements(sound effects etc.) mixed in it. How do you say it... compact? Packed so much? I don't know, perhaps the writers were really into the writings until they forgot the earth. lol Their stories became uninteresting to me then. Hmm... I can't help but feel like an ass who doesn't appreciate people's works. I'm so sorry

Offline Sieka

• YukiRena, SayaMilky & AnniNaga Banzai ( ・ω ・ )
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~All hail Gekikara, Milky & Annin~
« Reply #170 on: November 02, 2012, 10:22:04 AM »
I don't really think too much about my style of writing. I don't really care to bother what the readers prefer because I already have to tune some of the plots to something far more readable and acceptable. Also, whether you try to change your style or not, its always the plot that the readers want to see. I doesn't matter how long or short it is, as long as it suits their tastes, they'll read it, though I am aware that more readers prefer shorter ones as opposing to long ones. I fancy longer ones considering how they are packed with details and descriptions rather than hanging you on somethings or making you feel the lacking.

I don't however fancy the novel type way of writing, it hurts my eyes without the spaces, like I don't know where to pause for a moment, especially when I'm reading a wall of text since I tend to read and read until I get to the next chapter. :3

Oh, I'm an otaku for animes and mangas, but I quite fancy reading long stories. :lol: Reading more actually improves my knowledge on vocabulary. :)
[ Author Profile | Tumblr ]
~I also ship NMB48's SayaMilky~
~From MG3, I wave the AnniNaga shipping flag~
~Shipping hard BlackGeki, and the princess pairing, YukiRena~

Fanfics:
[ Divine Intervention || The Beauty of Love || Sieka's Collections ]
[ This Distance Between Us || (Collab) Let Love Bleed Red ]
[ Memories of the Heart ]

Status: Semi-hiatus, Semi-I-don't-know-if-want-to-come-back-now

Offline caghaunt

• Shinoda Mariko-sama!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #171 on: November 02, 2012, 10:31:02 AM »
And those are my very reasons to read any kind of story on my phone. Because if there's a space or not it will always be the same.
If I read them on my laptop or any computer, I don't know if I could manage to read them.
Besides, by reading from phone, self-proof reading is much easier to do than read it on laptop.

But it's also why I don't really leave comments. And if I do, I tended to forgot some parts.
Twitter:
Twitter:
Tumblr:
caghaunt

Offline arisa03

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #172 on: November 02, 2012, 12:14:33 PM »
Writers (of fanfiction) write what they want to write, for as long as they want. Of course the format matters. There are rules, you know?

In one paragraph, Only one person is allowed to speak. This is a common mistake made by new writers and they should take note of this. Take note of this. Once you have this in mind dividing paragraphs should never be an issue again.

I don't normally impart words of wisdom because they don't usually work on people in this place anyway. I write long ones because I think it's the length that people should read in order to know the story, and/or it's going to be this short cause it should be.

Meanwhile requesting for a "continuation" is a nice feeling, but when the author says it has "ended" respect them and just accept the ending, not force them to "please write a continuation!" or "an alternate ending!" when the Ending didn't sit well with them. This is from a personal experience, and as a person who used to write a lot for AKB, this is irritating. /o/

In the end:
- Length shouldn't matter.
- Paragraphs should matter. (REALLY.)
- Respect is one thing you should never forget.
Like I’m the most calm... Like, it must definitely be because, Like when we enter, I’ll be hurrying. But Because Junjun is older, I can calm down? I don’t really know, Like I just absolutely want her there beside me. Whenever we go abroad, if Junjun is absolutely not beside me, I absolutely won’t go. Something like that. -- Tanaka Reina about Junjun.

Offline BbSis

• Girls love rules *.*~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Clean the nosebleed and keep reading/writing! @.@
« Reply #173 on: November 04, 2012, 07:27:10 AM »
Just answering Hitobo's question:
1- I like to read stories of all genres, though I'm a bit sensitive about Genderbend (I got bit demotivated when the author make the girls as actual boys. Only when the story really catches me is that I keep reading ><" sorry if I offend someone ><).
2- I like to see the writer's creativity and how he/she will develope the story. So I'm open to all kinds of settings as well.

Sorry for being a moody person who likes to read about anything ;.;

<3
Sorry about my lack of activity... I'm kinda stuck in life...

My fics:
It started in a wedding (MariMii + usual couples) - ongoing
The fanfiction post thread (KojiYuu, WMatsui) - ongoing
The cry of a lonely star - ongoing
Oneshots
Oneshots at Perv area

Offline stepk

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ♥ Takahashi Japan ♥
« Reply #174 on: November 21, 2012, 09:10:22 PM »
amm can someone help me...
when i tried to read this links http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=34388.new#new     :banghead:
i can never read it... why.. can someone tell me   :thumbup

thanks

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2012, 10:23:59 PM »
amm can someone help me...
when i tried to read this links http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=34388.new#new     :banghead:
i can never read it... why.. can someone tell me   :thumbup

thanks

Because it's in a perverted section, where people can go who have +18, and also posted at least 5020 normal posts... you have to ask for permission also, when you did all the requirements
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 06:03:45 PM by sakura_drop_ »
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline Calyrica

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Watashi wa yandere desu~
« Reply #176 on: November 22, 2012, 05:58:15 PM »
Twenty posts, actually.  :) If you go to the rules thread, there will be information on how to obtain access.
My Tumblr | My Facebook
Chat with me on IRC
Member of: Evetaku, FFFpeeps, GotWoot, Jinsei, Sage, SHiN-gx, and Whine-subs

Offline stepk

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ♥ Takahashi Japan ♥
« Reply #177 on: December 07, 2012, 07:13:57 PM »
where are the rules thread?

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator