JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rainie Yang - Wan Mei Bi Li

Author Topic: The Idoling!!! Episode Discussion Thread *spoiler alert*  (Read 118638 times)

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
Re: The Idoling!!! Episode Discussion Thread *spoiler alert*
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 06:38:53 PM »
Quote from: Hatix[/quote
I think the paper has gotten easier over the years though. When Zumi got 0 points, the next ones had 3 & 4 points. And Tsuruno used to be almost always last, while now he scores much higher. Points below 7 seemed to be much more frequent in the early days, but now you hardly see those.

The questions tend to repeat frequently, so if you study the older Hexagon episodes, you can find the same question pop up once in awhile.  A lot of the guys purposely study for Hexagon so they don't keep looking as dumb.  I believe Tsuruno said in a previous episode that he began studying a bit for the show, and his scores started to slowly go up.

Edit: Check out this link.  If you notice, you'll see a few of those questions have appeared on recent episodes.

http://www.geocities.jp/tbcwaichimi/hexagon2paper50-1.html
Feel free to PM me for Japanese to English translations.

Offline 123SillyBlast

• Member+
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2011, 09:02:36 PM »
For #787 Kaede's message was cut midway during the allocated recording time and they did a retake of her part after the show finished but it looks like they didn't use the retaken part. You can't really hear the message clearly in the studio because the quality of the message they had recorded was quite bad.
I love little slip-ups and bloopers like that. They make the show so much more lovable. :)

Does anyone know they name of the song they played during Masuno's monologue in #787(from 04:19 to 05:13)?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_(song)

(YouTube is full of it, if you're looking for a recording.)

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2011, 09:24:39 PM »
Edit: Check out this link.  If you notice, you'll see a few of those questions have appeared on recent episodes.

http://www.geocities.jp/tbcwaichimi/hexagon2paper50-1.html
Going through all the results, it seems that from the episodes that are listed, although there are a few 1 points and 2 points, only Koizumi has achieved 0 points  XD

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011, 10:43:20 PM »
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I was wondering if the good folks at AMP has the Guam swimming pool battle episode? (Yes I have seen it at YouTube but I want the file for keepsake) I guess this is broadcast only and not available for download? I was also looking around for EcoIdoling3 but couldn't find it anywhere, any luck with this one as well?

And lastly, is the DVD Fushigino Kunino Idoling any good? I heard that it's not the typical Idoling stuff, with weird sketches, can anybody upload it also? Thanks!

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2011, 02:51:16 AM »
Can't find any of those on 2ch either. Is anyone found something on Share ?

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2011, 04:29:36 PM »
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I was wondering if the good folks at AMP has the Guam swimming pool battle episode? (Yes I have seen it at YouTube but I want the file for keepsake) I guess this is broadcast only and not available for download? I was also looking around for EcoIdoling3 but couldn't find it anywhere, any luck with this one as well?

If you mean the swimming pool battle & basket ball game, I have them. Also got them from Youtube, will put them up this evening.

Eco Idoling 3, isn't that on AMP ? (or have I forgot that one too  :doh: what are the details of this episode?)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 04:34:48 PM by Hatix »

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2011, 05:46:19 PM »
I've only seen the sneak peak for EcoIdoling3, but I think it showed the members visiting the other members picking up stuff for donation again, and then performing at an event outside in heavy rain? I think this was when Yazawa was hit by a mic on her teeth by accident.

Offline Technoboots

• Member+
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2011, 07:02:28 PM »
Eco Idoling 3, isn't that on AMP ? (or have I forgot that one too  :doh: what are the details of this episode?)

Nope, it's not on AMP, as far as I am aware the date of Eco 3 was the 30th June. If you don't have it I think I've found a copy and am downloading it now.

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2011, 08:24:47 PM »
Heavy rain doesn't ring a bell, haven't seen it. And I checked, I only have #1 and #2. I think I vaguely remember that the problem was that Eco Idoling #3 was not put on FOD, and only broadcast on tv.. which is probably why I don't have it, and I haven't checked Share yet, but if you've got it, I'll put it on AMP :)

Offline Technoboots

• Member+
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2011, 08:33:10 PM »
I'm getting it off share, I've already got about 40% of the file. It's in M4V format so if you want I can convert to MP4 format and then upload to mediafire.

Edit: I'm a bit disapointed that the last 3 eps have all been Shinahachi shows, though there was one thing that was worth it. I liked Suu-chan and Asahi's duet singing 'Best friend'. Shinahachi's are better when they aren't just doing their own songs as it adds nore variety.
Suu-chan hasn't been in any eps recently, possibly due to filming Strangers6, I hope seeing her now means she's back.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 07:06:04 PM by Technoboots »

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2011, 07:30:06 PM »
Yeah, 3 in a row is too much... I was hoping yesterday was gong to be a studio episode as there has been a studio recording last friday and thought they would've edited it by now  :smhid
So I guess that will be for tomorrow, and since there hasn't been any recordings since TIF2011, I'm hoping it will have Kaorun on it! Then she has really returned.

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2011, 01:13:23 AM »
I don't think they care about the CS show anymore, the quality has gone down so much that it's sad really. The DVDs like Gekkan Idoling seem to be better produced now. I think Idoling is heading the wrong direction.

Offline Hajime_Saito

• Member+
  • ざわ・・・ざわ・・・
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2011, 02:19:26 AM »
I'll have to agree with the above. :/
I used to enjoy their show so much, but now it's just shinahachi after shinahachi and mostly uninteresting studio shows.
We rarely get any enjoyable ones anymore, I really miss the days where we got one awesome episode after another and the on demand would last up to 50 minutes seperating the talk segments with the main segments, now it's all mixed up together.

I thought I'd enjoy that latest One Piece themed episode since I'm a big fan of both idoling and One Piece, but it was just all over the place. (glad to see Kaoru back though)

My guess is they stopped caring after Kara no took Nikki's place. AKB has like at least one TV show for each day of the week, Fuji TV should get on the clue bus and start getting their act together if they really want idoling to sell.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2011, 05:06:25 AM »
Keep in mind that Idoling!!! is more or less a place for staff new to the entertainment industry. We've seen a lot of familiar faces come and go, but there's probably a whole lot more of them that the viewers don't know about. As "Idoling!!!" has a concept of bringing up idols, the same can be applied to the staff. Also, because of the members' different schedules we often see them rush through the recordings nowadays which sucks but I guess can't be helped...

Anyway, I'm a huge One Piece fan myself so #793 was a pretty fun watch. From the looks of it, though, most of the members were clueless despite being familiar with the series. lol. They should've just stopped at Dragon Ball since apparently they won't be able to top it, although Ghibli was a close call if they'd just picked some more interesting characters...

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2011, 01:46:36 PM »
I liked #793 as well, I've only seen the first 20 eps of One Piece so I hardly know 5 characters, but it was still enjoyable. It was good that they brought in another otaku member (Yurippe) as MC. I do find that this segment seems more to make fun of the members than the make actual matches :) Serina was a perfect match though in this one :)
This segment started very promising with Dragon Ball, and I think they should do one more and make it the final one, and bring Serina in for MC too. I still think they should do Evangelion and maybe then finish the segment, or go into other fields besides anime/manga.

I've been watching a lot of old episodes lately (as to complete the whole series), and I've seen many segments that were only done once or twice that would be perfect to do again. This is of course recycling old stuff, but it doesn't matter if it old but good and entertaining. Many of these segments didn't even include 3rd gen yet, so it's new to them too.

What I also notice about the length of the episodes, the uRa Idoling!!! episodes have been getting shorter and shorter. 1-2 years ago we had 2 episodes each week of 26-50 minutes, now we have 12-20 minutes and not always 2 episodes. We had a lot of those girls talk corners there, but that doesn't happen any more, maybe due to schedule conflicts. Less effort is put in uRa Idoling!!! but just enough so fan club members don't complain :)

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2011, 11:46:42 AM »
I'm finally catching up to the latest episode.

793 was okay I guess, the presentation is pretty sloppy but it was alright. I was half expecting Yurippe to be bursting out with more energy but I guess she just got panicked there. All in all a decent episode.

795 however was awesome, its awesome that they are doing things like this to bring the morale of the members up and also no more stupid Masuno dance before we're getting the theme. I feel happy for the girls when the praises were read to them, absolutely amused to hear some of them. I bet that Umeko would be going back real happy after that.

Was really a funny episode, plus more golden Yazawa + Amimi bashing. XD things just never gets old.

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2011, 11:00:51 AM »
797 is actually pretty wicked no? I really wonder whether did Suu-chan intentionally wrote something which is totally weird as her answer or did the girl honestly think that way. Either way it makes such a great scene

*edit to avoid triple posting*

Speaking of which, yeah Fonchi was purely evil by intentionally screwing up the whole rhythm of the story. I bet that she knew the whole story already. But it was a very well done obstacle though, while it does throw the whole story out of balance but it did nothing to destroy it. That's experience for you.

The same can be said for Maipuru too. The segment is really simple and has the possibility of being very boring however with the proper choice of members it did turn out pretty well. It was a clear mix between the young and the older team to balance all the crazy thing that might occur.

And I also love the fact that lately, the show is extending over to the 40 minutes pretty often. Compared to the 3rd gen era where various shows actually ended about the same time as the CS broadcast, this time around we're definitely getting more content. However it is compromised with Shinahachi.... damn it...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 06:19:28 PM by kei_86 »

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2011, 06:51:48 PM »
Yes, this episode was a lot of fun and I really liked the idea that Maipuru got the chance to produce it. Although I think that due the title of the episode that will also see other members produce a segment of their own. (and let's not forget that this is nothing new, Acchi Muite Pie was an idea from Zumi-san). The gaps were also filled pretty well by Masuno to keep the talking going.
I do wonder how many of the member knew the actual story of Red Riding Hood. It's a western story so it will be difficult for them :)

Since I get the episodes from FOD, I always check the length of the episode hoping that it will be longer than the standard 27 minutes (and screaming when I see a Shinahachi), and I noticed it as well that lately we get more 40+ episodes again. A few months ago studio episodes were kept to a minimum. The last 2 week pattern has been alternating between Shinahachi & studio episode.

(Hmm, maybe I should put the length on J-Enta too, so I could make a graph with how it progresses over the past 5 years :) )

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2011, 02:28:04 AM »
I just had to chime in after watching #800 because it just felt like another opportunity missed.

I think they are taking the whole "We are such a hip show that we just can do anything at any time and we'll feature the staff too." thing a little too far.

Now, they could still make the members involved in some way, but having them stand in the background like a third wheel is poor execution.

I really really hope they don't pull this kind of thing in 5th year anniversary special, it really ain't funny any more, it really ain't.

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2011, 04:14:54 PM »
I was kind of thinking the same thing, seeing them all standing in the back. I was like: when are they going to be involved in this episode? But then it started to get a little better when talking about their choice of side they took.
But I was a little surprised with this episode, it started great with the old member introductions, but the 800th episode anniversary practically ended there...

The 4th year special didn't have staff involved so I'm hoping the same this year. Actually, I wouldn't mind the format as last year with Acchi Muite Pie as it's a great memory and reference to Zumi. :)

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rainie Yang - Wan Mei Bi Li