JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Misia - Any Love (Sinkiroh encore mix)

Author Topic: The Idoling!!! Episode Discussion Thread *spoiler alert*  (Read 118654 times)

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Idoling!!! Episode Discussion Thread *spoiler alert*
« on: September 06, 2011, 06:13:00 PM »
I've been wondering for a very long time about the lacking of episode discussion in this forum, maybe it is because there is no specific thread for it? Or simply because most fans here prefer the songs rather than the episode (which I really hope otherwise XD)

So let us blast away and discuss Idoling!!! episodes~ there's like hundreds of them!

Though I'm tempted to get the ball rolling with episode 784, I guess starting with episode 781 would allow more people to join in the discussion.

So yeah, Episode 781 guys! What do you think?

I had so much fun with the previous lets compare idoling!!! episodes prior to this one, since I'm a big fan of Slam Dunk and DBZ however ghibli was a bit confusing since i don't watch it. Putting that aside, Sakacchi and Maipuru is getting a whole lot better this time around in their presentation but I think they were more enthusiastic during the DBZ episode (can't help it its DBZ).

Umeko obviously knew what's coming to her

The other comparison I guess are alright, personally I find the comparison to Serina and Yuuna as extremely funny.

Offline relaxershippuden

• Idolinger!!! 4ever!!!
  • Member+
  • Loving!!! Idoling!!!
Re: The Idoling!!! Episode Discussion Thread *spoiler alert*
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 09:41:50 PM »
i like DBZ,
slam dunk! boring :thumbdown:
ghibli - seems bad, i never heard about this anime.
----
I laughed too much with Umeko´s comparation.

Offline 123SillyBlast

• Member+
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 10:30:13 PM »
This thread is a good idea!!! :thumbsup

The comparison episodes are not really doing it for me, but that's probably just because I'm not really into manga or anime, so this all means very little to me. I've never even heard of ghibli or Slam Dunk before. Which is not to say that those episodes are not enjoyable. I just prefer other segments.

Among the best parts are Umeko's reactions. She always gets the odd characters. Much to her frustration. :lol:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 10:36:34 PM »
I'm surprised by the lack of Ghibli knowledge... It's like the Disney of Japan, tons of classic movies and still very popular.
Check out Spirited Away, Grave of the Fireflies, My Neighbor Totoro... and all the other ones   XD

Ghibli thread: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=20550.0

However, the comparison episodes don't do much for me either. My favorite episodes are the active ones: arm wrestle, sprint, badminton, and especially the penalty kick episodes  :thumbup

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 01:25:04 AM »
wow I'm pretty surprised at the lack of the ghibli knowledge as well. However I only watched Princess Mononoke and Grave of The Fireflies.

The episode is pretty interesting to see how would the group be without Amimi too I guess. Yazawa is definitely the one to liven up the show with Amimi, the rest of the girls would just sit there and wait for something to call happen or someone to call them.

Could be the gasshukoku fatigue though.

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 10:26:27 AM »
I liked the Ghibli episode, because I've seen many Ghibli films (and still have a few to go). Although I liked all the comparisons, they quickly went into the more obscure characters... Umeko's comparisons were obvious and her 3rd character was to be expected ;p. I actually found Amimi's comparison hilarious, especially because she had to act out a character she doesn't know at all :). Maipuru & Sakacchi did a good job though and crazy stuff is bound to happen when Maipuru is involved  :lol:

The DBZ episode was great, but the Slam Dunk one was a bit less for me, because I only knew that anime by name and that it was about basket ball, that's all.

It's been said before on twitter, but next time they should let Yurippe & Serina do an anime comparison. Some possibilities that come to mind: One Piece & Evangelion (both very popular and well known).

P.S.: Ghibli movies are highly recommened for watching: My Neighbour Totori (Tonari no Totoro) & Spirited Away (Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi) are a must see.

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 12:38:31 PM »
I kind of agree with the idea on Yurippe & Serina. I think that both Maipuru and Sakacchi should run out of anime to compare the group anymore already. I can see them comparing the groups to games after this, if they so intend to keep up the 2 as MC. Dynasty Warriors and Biohazard comes to mind. However Serina and Yurippe can go crazy with Eva and Full Metal Alchemist.

I love how they are giving the girls time to talk lately by giving more talkative episodes.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 06:59:27 AM »
Seriously, Laputa is where it's at. :wub:
I haven't watched the Ghibli ep yet. need to check it out.

Since I'm into anime, I liked both the other episodes.
If you had watched Slam Dunk, you'd probably have that tiny flame in your soul burst when watching that episode. Probably also throw up afterwards.

While they're going classic anime. They should compare sailor moon characters next. :) Or Gundam mechas. XD

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 09:08:30 AM »
There are hell lot of character on Gundam but no member following Gundam, sadly. Most the members read One Piece, so it should be One Piece, plus it is Fuji TV anime. Serina & Yurippe read so many mangas, but I think it will not as funny as MC Maipuru & Sakacchi. I kinda hope Fonchi to join since she read Naruto... 2 years ago.

Managed to watch unreleased 782, the Hexagon paper test.
1. TOP 4 are expected
2. Suu-chan, Kaede, Ruka are unexpected
3. An extremely rare reaction of Hii-chan

Offline miitan

• Miichan's Cat
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • monochromatia
    • monochromefx
    • +monochromefx
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 03:06:38 PM »
What's the deal with that unreleased episode and how did you see it?

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 04:32:38 PM »
got 782 from 2ch, soon on AMP.

Hexagon MC got busted for associating with Yakuza and all of his shows were suspended. 782 unfortunately was a few days after that news, so it got cancelled too since it says "hexagon". and then came news hexagon to be continued, but unfortunately 783 was already airing. 782 never appeared on FOD, but somehow someone managed to grab the video from FOD server.

CMIIW

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 07:23:01 PM »
Just watched 782  :thumbup

Man, shocking results  :lol:  If you count 55% as a pass, only one of them passed?!  :panic:

Top 4  :thumbup
Ruka and Kaede's reaction was awesome  :lol: I expected them to be last.
Some of these lower ranking girls... how can you be happy about scoring less than 10 points  :nervous

Quite shocked at the lowest scoring girl  :O2 That's gonna affect my fandom of her a bit  :nervous  :panic:

Offline Technoboots

• Member+
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 11:17:42 PM »
Don't forget Amimi's reaction, especially with her flashing and Masuno trying to cover her up.
Also Yurippe's reaction and pointing out the ages of those left.

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 12:13:11 AM »
And don't forget that there would be one girl even below Asahi  :P
And that's #2 Koizumi Rumi, she had 0 points on the Hexagon paper test when was on that show  XD

Loved Amimi's & Rukaede's reaction too, but Hii-chan was quite unexpected as well  :P I think they said to the girls: just go crazy xD

Offline 123SillyBlast

• Member+
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 05:20:13 AM »
#782 was quite an enjoyable episode. Good thing, we did get to see it after all. :)

I could tell from the reactions that the scores were really bad, even though I don't fully understand the meaning of this Hexagon paper test and what exacty the points mean. Someone care to explain?

Poor Asahi. Lot's of tears from her again. But that doesn't affect my fandom for her. She's still very lovable. She might not be the smartest around but she's got other qualities. :yep:

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 02:46:05 PM »
#782 was quite an enjoyable episode. Good thing, we did get to see it after all. :)

I could tell from the reactions that the scores were really bad, even though I don't fully understand the meaning of this Hexagon paper test and what exacty the points mean. Someone care to explain?
You should watch a Hexagon episode to understand but on that show there are about 18/21/24 contestants (comedians/actors/singers) and before the show they all had to take a paper test and all contestants are ranked according to their score on that test. This decides which team they're on (3 teams) and inside that team they're ranked from smartest to dumbest. In some corners the dumbest one has to do things for the others on their team to guess. And the final corner is always the same that starts with the smartest ones battles against each other, each one who has a correct answer is cleared and the next one on their team comes in. Of course, the more members get cleared, the more dumb the next one is :) There are some corners though that don't have any particular order, but since each team has smart and dumb members and usually all have to answer correct to get maximum score makes it quite difficult. And entertaining  :D

In 2007 some Idoling!!! members have been on Hexagon:
Endou: 27 points (5th place, age 19)
Katou: 22 points (13th place, age 22)
Yokoyama (2x): 20 points (14th place and she was 15! they thought 21) & 19 points (12th place, same episode as Yazawa)
Yazawa: 19 points (11th place)
and Koizumi: 0 points (18th, last place)

These episodes are pretty hilarious :)
And to think Maipuru finally came back on hexagon and that episode got cancelled....
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 02:59:04 PM by Hatix »

Offline 123SillyBlast

• Member+
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 08:22:42 PM »
Thanks for the explanation. My problem was that I had absolutely no idea whether a score was good or bad. I don't even know what the maximum score is. Is there even one? All the members seemed to have some sort of cultural understanding that Fonchi's score was a bad one to have for someone her age. So how is that score related to age? Did the Idoling!!! members just know from experience which scores are within the norm or is there some rule or function that relates the score to age?

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 12:05:39 AM »
Thanks for the explanation. My problem was that I had absolutely no idea whether a score was good or bad. I don't even know what the maximum score is. Is there even one? All the members seemed to have some sort of cultural understanding that Fonchi's score was a bad one to have for someone her age. So how is that score related to age? Did the Idoling!!! members just know from experience which scores are within the norm or is there some rule or function that relates the score to age?

Here's how the paper test works:

There are 50 questions total, and each question is worth 1 point, so 50 questions would be the max score.  If you want to compare it to a normal 100% grade, simply double whatever score you see.  The questions are all fill in the blank questions.  There are no multiple choice questions on these tests.  That means you either know the answer or you don't.  The topics are always related to pop culture, proverbs (ことわざ), how to read a certain Kanji character, Four character Kanji compounds (四字熟語), geography and history.  There are rare any questions that have to do with any real math, although there may be questions regarding what π (pi) is, basic square roots/exponents and such.

The reason Fonchi's score was "bad" was because it was so low.  She got 2 questions correct; a total of 4%.  The paper test is filled with questions ranging from challenging to regular, everyday knowledge.  They claim that the entire test is "common knowledge," but that's pure BS.  They'll ask some bizarre questions that 90% of the people in the entire world wouldn't really know simply because it was a small footnote in their textbooks when they learned it in school.  It's true that nearly everyone learns the material to answer the questions, but hardly anyone remembers half the stuff.  I'll give you some examples of questions they ask:

Question: How do you write the character for "beer" in Kanji?
Answer: 麦酒 (bakushu)

Question: What is the last name of the three boxing brothers Kouki (興毅), Daiki (大毅) and Shirou (史郎)?
Answer: Kameda (亀田)

Question: What kind of highly prized animal is called "aguu" (あぐー) in Okinawan dialect?
Answer: Pig

As you can see, if you have no idea, there's no way you can answer it.  The first question, you hardly ever see the Kanji for beer in Japanese anymore.  Most people use the Katakana form as it's easier to remember, and it sounds closer to English.  In the second question, you most likely wouldn't be able to answer it unless you followed Japanese boxing or happened to see them in the news (although they are fairly famous and appear on TV fairly regularly).  The third question, you wouldn't know that unless you knew some Okinawan dialect, and most people on the mainland don't.

There are also very easy questions on the paper test, so most people should at least be able to get around 10 or so points.  That's what the main deal was with Fonchi.  The paper test doesn't really have anything specific to do with age, but I'm pretty sure most people would agree that you (should) get smarter as you age.
Feel free to PM me for Japanese to English translations.

Offline hellguard89

• 白騎士
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 04:06:19 PM »
#782 was really fun and I was lucky to be in the audience during the recording. Seeing Amimi and Asahi cry makes you wonder whether to laugh or feel sorry for them. Regarding the paper test, even the stupidest member of the so-called Hexagon Family (Tsuji Nozomi, Yamada Shintarou, Mori Kouhei, Gushiken Youko etc) talents who made their name as an Obaka Tarento get more than 7 points every time. For Idoling!!! members to get scores that low really brings stupidity to another level. During the handshake event held a day after the recording of #782, I went to Nomoto and Asahi to tease them about the score :nervous Nomoto said that she will study harder(勉強がんばります) and Asahi just said that there's nothing can be done because she not bright(バカだからしょうがない). Asahi especially should work harder in school :)

For #787 Kaede's message was cut midway during the allocated recording time and they did a retake of her part after the show finished but it looks like they didn't use the retaken part. You can't really hear the message clearly in the studio because the quality of the message they had recorded was quite bad.

Does anyone know they name of the song they played during Masuno's monologue in #787(from 04:19 to 05:13)?

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 05:18:39 PM »
Regarding the paper test, even the stupidest member of the so-called Hexagon Family (Tsuji Nozomi, Yamada Shintarou, Mori Kouhei, Gushiken Youko etc) talents who made their name as an Obaka Tarento get more than 7 points every time. For Idoling!!! members to get scores that low really brings stupidity to another level.

Does anyone know they name of the song they played during Masuno's monologue in #787(from 04:19 to 05:13)?
I think the paper has gotten easier over the years though. When Zumi got 0 points, the next ones had 3 & 4 points. And Tsuruno used to be almost always last, while now he scores much higher. Points below 7 seemed to be much more frequent in the early days, but now you hardly see those.

That song, it sounds familiar, but I can't place it...

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Misia - Any Love (Sinkiroh encore mix)