JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dynamic Duo - Go Back

Author Topic: [NEWS] Berryz Koubou & °C-ute to star in female version of “Sengoku Jieitai”  (Read 3210 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
saw this on 2ch a few days ago and was like FUCK YEAH  :w00t: and tweeted it

but too tired to post more...apparently it's a play! This September 2011!

Berryz Koubou, C-ute star in female version of “Sengoku Jieitai” (Updated)
Posted on June 7, 2011 by tokyograph

Image from: Oricon

Hanmura Ryo’s well-known sci-fi novel “Sengoku Jieitai” is getting another adaptation, this time for the stage. The 12 members of the Hello! Project groups Berryz Koubou and °C-ute will star.

Originally published in the 1970s, “Sengoku Jieitai” is about a unit of the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force that travels back in time to the Sengoku period. The story has had two movie adaptations, one in 1979 starring Sonny Chiba and another in 2005 starring Eguchi Yosuke. There was also a television drama in 2006 starring Sorimachi Takashi.

The Hello! Project stage version will be about two inexperienced female platoons of the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force, separately sent back in time to different places in the Sengoku period. The 7 members of Berryz Koubou will play one platoon, while the 5 members of °C-ute will play the other. Two different directors will be in charge of the story.

Performances will begin on September 16 at the Sunshine Theatre in Ikebukuro, Tokyo.

Source:
Sports Hochi: http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/entertainment/news/20110607-OHT1T00329.htm

Update: According to Oricon, the members are being split into two different groups that will perform separately. The “Moonbeam Group” will consist of Shimizu Saki, Tsugunaga Momoko, Tokunaga Chinami, Suzuki Airi, Okai Chisato, and Hagiwara Mai. The “Whirlwind Group” will consist of Sudo Maasa, Natsuyaki Miyabi, Kumai Yurina, Sugaya Risako, Yajima Maimi, and Nakajima Saki.

Performances at the Ikebukuro Sunshine Theatre will be September 16-25, followed by shows at Theater BRAVA! in Osaka on September 30 to October 2.

Oricon: http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/deview/88621/

source: tokyograph

Here's a sample of the real deal starring the GREAT Sonny Chiba from the 70s

HOLY SHIT!!! :deco:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
I remember watching the 2005 one at the movies. tanks vs samurai = fun. :)
Might not be as cool with zero special effects on stage... I guess berryz + c-ute swinging guns and swords around will have to do. :wub:

Offline needextrasalt

• ecchi
  • Member+
too excited for this  :lol:  GO WHIRLWIND GROUP  :cool1:
~miyaaaaaaaaaa~

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
aww what happen to all the guns? XD

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
DVD release on 2011/11/30
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=PKBP-5142
This DVD contains a musical based on the Ryo Hanmura's novel "G.I. Samurai (Sengoku Jieitai)." Stars members of Berryz Kobo and Cute. Plot: Five female self-defense officials suddenly find themselves stranded 400 years in the past and get involved in many accidents. Can they make it back to the current era safely?
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
that was fast! here's a poster I got off my homie Alfred from Facebook lol

FUCKIN BAD ASS!! I like the helmet there Miyabi  :wub:

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dynamic Duo - Go Back