JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AKB48 - LOVE TRIP

Author Topic: Honolulu Hearts Chapter 2 2/6/12 [IshiYoshi]  (Read 3382 times)

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Honolulu Hearts Chapter 2 2/6/12 [IshiYoshi]
« on: February 02, 2012, 11:35:37 AM »
Making up for the story in Lover's Rectangle :)

Chapter 1

Rika loved the sun.  She loved it so much that she took a part of her inheritance and moved to the father’s summer home in Honolulu after his death.  It was hidden in the valley of Nu’uanu, where the winds always blew through creating a natural air conditioner for her home.  However, her first love was the beach and she loved to ride her bike or her fifteen year old Honda that was handed down from her father.  She usually took the freeway to let her brown hair flow through the car and usually parked near the beach for her daily swim before lunch.

Ala Moana was her choice destination because of the proximity near the home and the lack of winter swells made it perfect for her to swim.  She took off her shirt and shorts to reveal the sky blue swimsuit underneath.  The top was a perfect for her chest and the bottom made her hips curvier than any other material.  Rika threw the discarded clothing into the car and locked it before heading into the ocean.  She swam out fifty feet before taking a sharp right to start her journey.

She enjoyed her swims during the mid-morning since not too many people would take over the beach like Waikiki.  She swam toward the rocks and turned back to go back to where the car was parked.  Rika usually took her time that she would develop her hunger for lunch and she would swim back usually seeing men around her age admire her.  Her English was rusty but her understanding was never a problem.

She smiled at them and gave them a wink that one would freeze leaving the rest to run into him and making a pile on the sidewalk.  Rika let out a laugh and turned on the public shower to rinse her off.  She pretended to pose in front of an imaginary camera to get other people to notice her but not too many would catch the performance.  She stopped the shower and walked back to her car to fetch a towel to dry her off.

Rika wrapped the towel around her body and stepped into her car to drive to a nearby lunch wagon for her usual lunch plate of teriyaki meat, tossed salad with Italian dress, and rice.  The owner knew she would come every day as long as they were open and she arrived at the same time as always and used her driver seat to munch down on her food to the delight of the many onlookers who were gazing at her.  She even caught a juvenile staring at her and it seemed to amuse her that her attractiveness got many looks but no catch.

That was her lone disappointment and she couldn’t seem to attach onto people after she had met them.  Her first man felt that her clothing were of rich taste and never called her again.  The second one liked her but her shyness drew them apart.  The last one wanted a one-night stand but it was lost in translation as Rika decided to wait at the hotel rather than follow him to his suite.  She had grown frustrated over her lack of a steady partner that she headed to a bar near her home to drink.

She was a regular at the bar after cruising through Waikiki one evening and she returned back home to a flyer of a new bar opening and she walked into fanfare.  The bartender was giving out shots and managed to get one by accident and down it quickly to join the celebration.  Rika felt dazed after the first shot that she took another one that would finish her off in the bar.  She couldn’t remember what had happen but she ended up at home on the couch with a hangover.  Rika decided to make it her special bar for the time being to drown her sorrows away.

After her lunch, she slipped on her shirt and shorts and decided to drive west into downtown where the people were dragging themselves back to work after their break.  She decided to pick up some produce in Chinatown a few blocks from the business area.  It was less crowded in the afternoon so it was her usual time to get fresh produce for her.  It usually is an adventure to find great produce at cheap prices but she got lucky to find Chinese cabbage was on sale.  She bought two heads and headed back to her car.  She looked up at the mirror to fix her view behind her and reversed to go back home.

Rika returned home an hour before happy hour to shower off the salt.  She tried to not let the situation to bring her down but once in a while she had to let out a yell to rid of the frustration within her.  After wiping her body up, she slipped on a clean shirt and shorts to visit the bar.  Since that night, many avoided the bar because of the frequent fighting between the locals and the tourists and she was left alone with the bartender from California.

“Ah, Rika-chan, welcome to Paradise.”  She joked as Rika took her seat second from the left of the bartender.

“Emily~ how’s everything?”  Rika’s accent didn’t bother her as she slid a glass filled with ice.

“Slow as always but nice to have a regular customer.”  She replied as she slowly poured whiskey into her cup.

Emily Richardson was a year younger than Rika and a master’s student in East Asian culture at the University of Hawaii; her specialty was Japanese modern times, which Rika was a resource that she could use for her thesis about the expanding family or lack thereof in the country recently.  Emily was friendly to everyone but the slow business caused a lot of friction between her and the Chinese boss.  She usually catered Rika because of her concentration but the other few that do come in were more attracted to Emily than Rika which made the elder one unhappy.

“You seem down again today, still no boyfriendo?”  Rika smiled as she took a sip of the spicy liquid.

“Of course, I guess it is because I am too beautiful.”  Emily smacked the bar laughing at Rika.

“I can’t blame you for saying that and to be honest, I am jealous.”  She winked as Rika began moving the ice in her cup to make it more watery for her next sip.

Emily knew how to make food for her customers and managed to sneak out a few pieces of hot gyoza for the patron to cheer her up.  Rika was always reminded about gyoza by her family in Japan.  It was her father’s favorite beer snack to watch the game with.  Rika was always close to her father and ever since she turned legal to drink she followed her father’s ways down to the grunt after a sip of beer.  She did it by impulse which made it even more entertaining to her friends.

“You are beautiful too, you know.”  Rika yelled out before taking another sip of her drink.

“Aww, you making me blush.  Maybe you should find someone attractive soon before everything falls apart.”  Emily joked as Rika was not smiling anymore.

“I guess so, but as for now, I am single ready to drink my life away.”  Rika lifted her cup up and Emily poured another drink.

After her fourth cup, she felt lightheaded and started to wobble over to the bathroom.  Rika felt her way across the bar to the bathroom near the television that had lost its lease weeks ago.  Rika stumbled into the stall to do her business and then she heard sounds of another voice which first startled her and then she shrugged it off as she done her business and washed her hand before walking out to a person sitting next to her seat.

The person had short blonde wavy hair and was wearing unisex dress shirt with light red stripes running vertical.  Rika slowly approached the bar and looked over to see it was woman who had limited English.  Rika began asking about her name and it was Yoshizawa Hitomi.  Then, she asked about her impression of Hawaii, which seemed borderline unimpressive but Rika was there to cheer up the women from her bad experiences.  Rika took one step forward and fell forward as the other woman raced to catch her.

“Ma’am are you okay?”  She asked in Japanese.

“Dai.. jou…bu.”  Rika replied as she saw something in her eyes that made her melt and a fantasy came into her mind as her arms were masculine compared to other women.  She had milky white skin which was normal for Tokyoites within the city limits and her smile was attractive that Rika pursed them together without realizing the situation.

“Rika, wake up!”  Emily snapped her out of her dream as she was now looking up at the ceiling to the two women.

Rika spun onto her feet and ran out in embarrassment.  Hitomi thought it was cute of Rika to purse her lips but something else was on her mind and she asked the bartender for her number, for which Emily handed it over no questions asked, and she went on her way back into the city .
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 11:04:48 AM by kurosawa87 »
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: Honolulu Hearts Chapter 2 2/6/12 [IshiYoshi]
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 11:05:16 AM »
Chapter 2

Yoshizawa Hitomi was a low-level drone for an international business in downtown.  She had transferred over from Osaka where the headquarters was located two months ago.  She was curious to learn the American way, which had been her first mistake as her limited English.  She had gone from assistant vice president to translator and angered her for their lack in confidence.  To make matters worse, she had apply to go be sent back but was denied because it would have broken company rules.

She had headed back to her apartment in the run down building a few blocks from the bar.  She had only brought two suitcases filled with clothes mainly for work and she had plans to shop around but the awkward timing between time zones made it impossible to refill her overused clothing.  Yossie, as she was usually called in the workplace, felt horrible that she sometimes slept only to wake up with thoughts of work and headed in early without notice.

Now, she had a reason to stay here for a while longer without dreading over the thought but she was not accustomed to making friends in Hawaii.  She held her phone firmly as she tried to make out the number on the crumpled piece of paper while managing to navigate to the apartment.  She paused and took a seat on the bench next to a bus stop, she carefully dialed the number, and she heard a ring as she felt her heart beating faster.

“Moshi moshi.”  Rika answered.

“We met at the bar a while ago, Yoshizawa?”  Yossie slapped her head as the nervousness got the best of her.

“Ah yes.  Sorry for falling into you.”  Rika giggled as Yossie nervously giggled back.

“It was not a problem… I just wanted to ask if you want to hang out with me one day.”  She heard a pause on the other side and held the phone closer to her ear to listen to what Rika was saying.

Ishikawa was cautious in meeting new people.  She never personally liked it but to just show them around was comfortable with her but something caught her attention with Yoshizawa and a gut feeling was to follow through with it.  She took a deep breath and held the mouthpiece near to her mouth.

“Sure… I am assuming Emily gave you this number.”

“Yups.”  Yossie answered firmly.

“She is rather cute and I guess you can add her to your friend’s list.”  Yossie’s heart fell a little deeper but it was understandable after a first meeting.

“Okay, we can meet back at the same bar tomorrow.” 

“Sure.  I’ll be there.”  Rika answered before hanging up.

Yossie closed her phone and paced back to her apartment to find the number to her supervisor in Osaka.  She was unorganized with important number especially forgetting to punch it into her phone which made a lot of things difficult for her to perform.  Twenty minutes later, she found the slip of paper and called the supervisor in Osaka.

Tanigawa Naoki was a midde-aged man of fifty-five and agreed to her transfer despite his reservations of sending her to a foreign place but she knew her work ethic would make or break her success.  He received the call in his office and left it on speaker phone for a moment before realizing it was Yossie on the other side and switched over to his phone.  He instructed his secretary to close the door for privacy and he sat in his chair with his hands becoming clammy with her phone call.

“I called to turn in my resignation from the company.”  Yossie stated as his chair leaned back.

“I see.  Well, I am concerned about your living conditions.  They are inconsiderate about their employees over there.”  Yossie bit down on her lip as she was feeling comfortable in the apartment.

“I have enough to last a few months if I have to give it up but it isn’t so bad.”  Tanigawa grinned as his employee was keeping up a positive attitude.

“Okay, I understand.  I will acknowledge your resignation and you will leave immediately, correct.”

“Yes, I will pack up and find place on my own.”  Yossie scrambled to find the ads in the newspaper for a temporary place to stay.

“Thank you for your service and I hope you can survive in Hawaii.”  She hanged up and searched through the English pages for a place that would allow a Japanese national to stay for a while.

Yossie knew the technical aspects of coming to Hawaii and she had a couple of days to think of an excuse to stay in Hawaii and she remembered about enrolling in a class she had paid for in English language for the workplace and filled out a student visa form to see if it could keep her in Hawaii.  A few hours later, she found an ad in Japanese and called it immediately.

The room was within her range and it was short-term stay, giving her enough time to find employment and take her class.  Yossie asked if she could move in tomorrow and the building manager gladly accepted her offer but she needed to visit him before moving into the new apartment.  She packed everything up and called a taxi to send her over two streets down to an improved building.  The manager walked out and shook her hand to greet her and walked up to the new apartment on the second floor.  Yossie took the money from her pocket and handed it over to him as she stood there amazed with the wad of cash in his hand.

“Usually, I wouldn’t accept this but I’ll do it now because of the situation but next moth has to be a check.”  Yossie nodded as she quickly unpacked and closed her eyes to sleep on the floor but woke up to a thought.

Yossie looked through the newspaper for a job and it was a long journey circling the prospects but she lacked her resume.  She flipped her phone again and called Tanigawa to transfer her resume over but the fax machine was at the building and there was nowhere that was open late at night.  So, Yossie decided to look for a place that had an internet café.  It was quite a distance away but she was dedicated to go there.  She folded the newspaper and asked for another cab to take her to Waikiki so she could work on a computer.

Rika couldn’t help but smile as she found someone to be with for a time being who isn’t a horny male only wanting sex.  However, the woman was did see some red flags when she caught the drunk in her arms and even if it was a helpful gesture, it was awkward to gaze into Yoshizawa’s eyes.  Rika walked into the bathroom and washed her face in the sink to have a look.  It was a stare into a reality that she needed to obtain.  Hawaii was another place to go to but without others, it seemed rather lonely to go only by yourself, and Rika knew it.

Ishikawa removed her dirty clothing and slipped on a pair of pink pajamas to get ready for bed.  She jumped on the couch to surf the television for a show she could watch before sleeping.  Many were reality shows that made no sense to her and others that she had little understanding but couldn’t keep up a conversation even if she had caught on to it.  Rika turned it off in frustration and jumped under the sheets to sleep off the booze.

She woke up an hour later to the loop of negativity in her mind.  It was the words of the people near her about her sudden move to the islands.  Majority never understood why she wanted to move to a place she was least familiar with despite visiting many times over her lifetime.  However, it was removing the pressure away from the family that made her decide on a new life in Hawaii.  She sat on her bed looking up at the sky putting her mind at ease over the decision and closed her eyes again to sleep but to only wake up an hour later to crickets.

It was depressing over the lack of support especially at an important time.  It was in the middle of a power shift that would force her father out of power and the family in the midst of war.  Rika had planned to take a vacation but her father refused as long as she could compete, it would be fine but it ended in disaster with her uncle winning out and she escaped before the shunning of her father.  It was the last act to save the family’s dignity that Rika fled before the axe came down on her father’s head.

Rika wrapped her blanket around her body and she closed her eyes again for a longer period.  She affirmed her decision with every doubt in her mind and it lasted until the early morning where she decided to use the bathroom.  She turned on the kitchen light and made her toast. Then, she poured a glass of guava juice to compliment her food.  She spent the morning watching the sunrise while having her breakfast.
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Atreyuxex

• Makoto,Rika&Rainie my chica's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Lady loves <3
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 03:22:57 AM »
 :w00t: I didn't know you wrote this :w00t:

I loved this story. You should have continued it.

Pervyness is needed  :twisted: lol.

Offline maikeatoot

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 'KameShige'!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 03:30:27 AM »
 you are the writer of this fic? wow.! i like it.! please continue wrtng dis.! thank you :)

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 07:17:06 AM »
I have sooooo many fics that I don't remember which ones are mines but look around for the gems as for continuing it.... IDK if i will XD
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Atreyuxex

• Makoto,Rika&Rainie my chica's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Lady loves <3
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 07:39:34 AM »
@kurosawa87 , you should really continue this story.It's so good and we all love ishiyoshi  :nervous.

It would really be such a waste  not to continue. I love the story no matter. It's just that good  :deco: :heart:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 04:29:17 AM by Atreyuxex »

Offline yellow

• yellow=weird
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • i'm here to read and comment, maybe feedback(?) XD
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 03:44:51 AM »
please also continue this one if you have the free time to  :nervous
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 03:50:29 AM by yellow »

JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AKB48 - LOVE TRIP