JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Up Up Girls (Kari) - RUN RUN RUN

Author Topic: (Artist) Utada Hikaru  (Read 221210 times)

Offline spec8

• Member+
Re: (Artist) Utada Hikaru
« Reply #540 on: August 14, 2010, 04:19:04 PM »
Looks like she can't be bothered anymore.
Well, she did announce her hiatus after the singles collections vol. 2 is out.

Offline alohellofan

• Member+
  • Aloha!!!<3
« Reply #541 on: August 21, 2010, 09:08:22 AM »
Well, I hope that gets a good rest and comes back bigger than ever...whenever that is. At least I have my Cubic U cd. :lol:

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #542 on: August 21, 2010, 04:12:25 PM »
I'm sad she's going on hiatus - but she deserves a break - can't wait for her to come out with new stuff.

Offline Jeshu_1444

• Member+
  • いしよし love!
« Reply #543 on: August 21, 2010, 11:25:12 PM »
Indeed, she deserves it!!!!
Yet, I know she'll be back soon since she can't live without releasing new material regularly  :twothumbs
~hidden LOVE <3~ xD

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #544 on: August 22, 2010, 10:48:35 AM »
It sucks that she's disappearing for a while, but hopefully it's for the better, and that it's not for too long.

I know this sounds crazy and I might be the only one in favor of it, but I'd like to see her make an album of English versions of her classic hits like "First Love" and "Final Distance". :twothumbs Of course, I'd prefer she do this after she recharges rather than attempt to do it while burnt out.

More realistically, I'd love to see her record label give her Japanese works official American releases so I can buy them at American prices! I see her stuff all the time at Kinokuniya but simply don't have the stomach to pull the trigger on them. Make it happen, EMI! :cow:
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #545 on: September 06, 2010, 08:51:31 AM »
Well here's Hikki actually announcing her hiatus on her blog:

First important announcement in a while

I can't believe how quickly time goes - it's already been 12 years since my debut with "Automatic," which was called "that sensational video of dancing in a low ceiling room."(lol) I was 15 at that time.

Lately when I first meet someone they say, "Oh so you're still 27~! I thought you would be around 30, since I have this image that you have a very long career~. And you looked quite grown-up when you debuted."

27 years old, it's young in a sense . . . but not that young in another sense.

When I think back I find I've always worked on music ever since I was 15. Spent my life overprotected by people around, so that "Utada Hikaru" can stick to music. People say I have plenty of life experience for my age, but as a matter of fact what I've experienced is quite lopsided.

I have had chances to do something uncommon thanks to this job. I thank you all my fans, all my staff from the bottom of my heart.

That said, there is this part of me which has stunted since around 15, when I started living my life focused on artist activities. That is the part, important as a human being.

Over the past 12 years I've challenged various things as an artist, and I think I've grown up a bit through those experiences. And I need to grow up as a person, aside from music, to evolve further.

Based on those thoughts I have made a big decision!

I am going to stop flashy "artist activities" for a while and focus on "human activities, " starting from next year.

This is not a "retirement announcement"! Nor is this "rest" or "recreation."

This period is going to be the period form me to face the real me as a person, by studying something new eagerly and humbly, seeing and learning things in this while world I don't know yet. I think that's something that should be called "human activities," different from "artist activities."

And that should lead to my growth as an artist too, as a result.

Of course I may be making music or singing as I like, during that time.

When the time comes that I realize I have grown up a little as a person, and I feel the need to let you all hear my music, that is about time I should do so.

I didn't like it just to hide without showing up in front of my fans, and to jump into "human activities" with no regrets, I'm gonna go on full-throttle to do music activities till the end of this year!

First of all, I'm gonna release Single Collection vol 2 in upcoming autumn. I've made a lot of singles after the relase of vol 1.

This time I'll put some new songs in it!

Maybe 4 songs or so, 5 hopefully . . . ! I'm right in the middle of recording, trying to make them something that can tell you my recent feelings, change of my heart. Pleae wait for a while, I'll let you know as soon as the release date is fixed.

Other than that there are more things already fixed and I'll tell you about them soon! Like, a CM I appear in and such . . . expect a lot!

I thank all the staff of EMI being receptive to my offer to take off from artist activities from next year.

I've always made them nervous or worried, still they've always believed in me, supported me. Thank you very much.

I can focus on "human activities" with an easy mind thinking they will wait for my return, believing me.

I guess each one of you has a different impression on my decision, but please believe me and wait for my return. I have no idea how long it gonna be - 2 years or 5 years, but I shall return, more matured. Give me some time.

Well before that I'm gonna release new songs in autumn, then winter and there should be some opportunities to show you recent me, as well as interact each other. So that's all for today. (Also I'm thinking of starting twitter for a limited time! That way I can reply to you directly)

Last of all, thank you for reading this long message. I hope this can help to tell you my current feeling, as much as possible.

August 9th 2010
Utada Hikaru

And responding to some rumour or misquote from her management about the reason behind why she's doing it:

I can't keep quiet about this.

In an article by Sponichi about me there's this comment of Miyake-san, the producer of EMI, which says he "represents my feeling,"

And I was like "What the?!" - totally surprised, when I saw it.

It doesn't represent my feeling very well (lol)

Put simply, his comment is like "Being famous at the age of 15 made her unable to go to McDonalds and Shibuya 109. It seems she feels she's got a lot, lost a lot." Something like that.

I was so surprises as it totally missed the point, so I called Miyake-san to ask for the details. To ask him what was wrong with his comments. To ask him to explain about it.

Miyake-san said Sponichi made a call and he responded to it. Then Sponichi tweaked what he said, plus they mixed what he had said in an interview done like 10 years ago, and voila - that his comment was created. He told me this time he didn't say something like that.

Well I can understand it, since I had the same experience, like they developed something that wasn't in line with what I intended, by tweaking the content of interview with me. but

But, this is just

Too much~!

It's too different from what I'm feeling!
(´;ω;`) *cries*

McDonalds, 109 and such . . . it's ridiculous_| ̄|○

Maybe they wrote it that way thinking gossip-lovers would snap at it if they used some well-known proper names.

Matter of fact, I go to fast-food shops, use the restroom at convenience stores, take trains just normally_| ̄|○

I really can't take it if people think I would go on a hiatus from next year due to such low-level reason! (lol)

Well apart from that, the important thing is

I don't think "I've lost a lot!"

What's "to lost"?!

You keep getting things as long as you live!

Don't you?(*´ー`*)

At least I live everyday with such a thought.

That's all for now!
“(`(エ)´)ノ彡☆ !!

Sounds like she could be gone a while :( But I understand why she's doing it. I hope she continues to update her blog throughout! I would miss those posts without Kuma chang! I have no doubt I'll still be a fan by the time she comes into the music industry. :heart:

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #546 on: September 06, 2010, 04:18:24 PM »
This is what makes me jealous the most of artists/celebrities. Once they've hit success, they can just take a break from things when they want to XD

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #547 on: September 28, 2010, 11:30:27 AM »
SHE BACK! with a new band:

check the interview: http://www.pepsi.co.jp/gallery/

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #548 on: September 28, 2010, 11:35:02 PM »
How utterly random. Kinda like Hikki! XD

Offline Jeshu_1444

• Member+
  • いしよし love!
« Reply #549 on: September 29, 2010, 12:45:58 AM »
Awww Utada!!!  :heart: :cow:
She's got the same haircut I have now!!! XD
~hidden LOVE <3~ xD

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #550 on: September 30, 2010, 02:06:18 AM »
YEAH BOY

Just started listening to her stuff again, too.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #551 on: September 30, 2010, 02:17:18 AM »

Offline spec8

• Member+
« Reply #552 on: September 30, 2010, 12:03:49 PM »
Missed one: http://twitter.com/#!/u3music   ;)

Offline spec8

• Member+
« Reply #553 on: October 10, 2010, 12:35:29 AM »
Sorry for double posting but here's the full length cover of Hymne à l'amour, subtitled Ai no Anthem (or should I say translated? :P):

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #554 on: October 15, 2010, 01:28:02 AM »
Mmm...my favorite cola with my favorite Japanese singer. :drool: Looking quite tasty in those Pepsi promos. I wonder how this affects her hiatus, though.

The full song got taken down, unfortunately.

In other news: LOLWUT :lol:
http://www.kawaii-joyuu.com/2010/10/15/fukada-kyoko-and-utada-hikaru-in-love/
A rather unique dating rumor has been published by a couple of tabloids yesterday. They claim that actress Fukada Kyoko (27) and songstress Utada Hikaru (27), who is currently on a hiatus, are in a love relationship.

Apparently both of them have often been seen at a certain bar in the Shinjuku Ni-chome district of Tokyo. That district is known for having the world's highest concentration of gay bars and thus there are a lot of places made for lesbian women as well. However, recently there have also been an increase of heterosexual women that just want to be more comfortable without any men around who visit such places.

One witness who saw the two celebrities at such a bar back in July described their appearances. First she saw Fukakyon sitting at the counter, having a few glass by herself. She was a wearing quite a revealing dress and showed a lot of cleavage that day. A little later Utada appeared at the bar as well and unlike the feminine appearance of Fukakyon, she had more of a rockish vibe wearing a shirt with a skull design and trousers. It wasn't the only time they have been spotted in this district. In fact, several people working in Ni-chome revealed that they have been seeing those two quite a few times already.

Only a month later Utada suddenly announced her hiatus, but the tabloid isn't trying to indicate any connection to those sightings.

An official of a TV station commented, "Since last year I've often heard stories about both of them being spotted in Ni-chome. There even have been a couple of interesting reports going a bit more into detail about their encounters… Anyway, it's been known for a while already that Fukakyon really loves lesbian bars. She always goes there to have a drink and raise her spirit just before filming a drama and so on. There even is one favorite place she likes to go when she finishes a project."

Throughout her career, Fukakyon has been in quite a couple of official and unofficial relationships with men. She's already being referred to as a "nikushoku joshi", a so-called "carnivorous woman" that is very active in the field of love. Her most recent relationship with Shimizu Akira's son that started last year already came to an end earlier this year. Now people start to believe that the end of her relationship with him could be related to her new relationship with Utada.

"Utada and her are very close friends and almost meet each other on a weekly base. Moreover it's an inviolable rule that even as a celebrity you never get any kind special treatment in such bars and after all there aren't really that many places where they would be able to share a few drinks without having to worry about attracting the public attention….," the TV station official continued.

They sure would make an interesting couple, but it's highly doubtful that this rumor will turn out to be more than just a wild idea of a weekly tabloid.

UPDATE--Hikki's official response: "You wish! lol"
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 03:27:16 AM by J-Triumf »
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #555 on: October 15, 2010, 05:34:35 AM »
Someone please say that I wasn't the only one here that read this and thought "Well...actually..." 

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #556 on: October 15, 2010, 06:22:13 AM »
My first thought was, man she lucky and then the twitter response, I am not quite there yet, let the lesbian fantasies grow :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
« Reply #557 on: October 15, 2010, 11:13:42 PM »
Someone please say that I wasn't the only one here that read this and thought "Well...actually..." 

:hand: I did!

...and I do wish. :lol:
[All hail AiButt! Sig by Dinny!]

Offline Jeshu_1444

• Member+
  • いしよし love!
« Reply #558 on: October 16, 2010, 07:51:30 PM »
^ hahahah..I think almost all the fangirls wish that was REAL!!!!  :cow: :oops:
...though..my gaydar doesn't show any signal with Utada  :cry:
~hidden LOVE <3~ xD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #559 on: October 16, 2010, 08:03:20 PM »
Fuck yeh I wish! :lol:

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Up Up Girls (Kari) - RUN RUN RUN