JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: See-saw - Emerald Green

Author Topic: (Artist) Chara  (Read 9780 times)

Offline Angelus

• Yasashii.Kimochi
  • Member+
  • EighthGen <3
(Artist) Chara
« on: July 19, 2007, 05:49:14 AM »

CHARA is a Japanese pop musician and actress, most recognised by her oddly toned voice. She has been cited as the influence for many other artists, such as Shiina Ringo and Bonnie Pink. She is most famous for singing the theme song to the movie Swallowtail, called Swallowtail Butterfly ~Ai no Uta~ (where she also played a starring role), which reached #1 on Oricon charts. She is also famous for her songs Yasashii Kimochi (Shiseido Tisera J CM song) and her duet with YUKI of JUDY AND MARY, Ai no Hi 3tsu Orange. Common themes in her lyrics include motherhood, innocence, love, beauty, and cheerfulness.

• Name: Chara (ちゃら)
  • Real name: Satou Miwa (佐藤美和) (maiden name: Watahiki Miwa (綿引美和))
  • Birthdate: 1968.01.13
  • Birthplace: Kawaguchi, Saitama, Japan
  • Blood Type: AB
-

Any fans? I totally love Chara. Her voice is very cute, and her songs are always soulful. Most of my favourite stuff from her are her material from the late 90's, which I think was when she was at her peak, as well as the independent album she released in 2005.

I'll just post some of my favourite songs. If there's interest, I'll upload the albums.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 07:07:14 AM by Masa »

Offline fuyumi

• 侯くん命
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: (Artist) Chara
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 07:08:40 PM »
Here's a fan!

I haven't been her fan for too long, but damn I love her older songs (her material from the late 90's you mentioned too). She has such a lovely voice <3

Offline Angelus

• Yasashii.Kimochi
  • Member+
  • EighthGen <3
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 02:06:47 AM »
Yeah, her older stuff is awesome, but so is her newest stuff! Union was amazing - Sekai is one of my favourite songs of hers. I forgot to say - have you ever heard her speaking voice? XD

I also forgot to mention her new releases.

- a new single released on August 29th called Cherry Cherry, it'll have a girly feel and os inspired by Petula Clark's Downtown and The Ronettes' Be My Baby. The b-sides are Boku no Tomodachi, a piano ballad(I'd love a ballad as an a-side) and Soshite Boku wa Tohou ni Kureru, a cover of Ohsawa Yoshiyuki from 1984.

- a new DVD called LIVE LIFE ~Chara's UNION Live House Tour 2007~, released August 29th with Cherry Cherry - it was recorded May 2007 at Shibuya AX. A Union tour DVD's gotta be hot.

- a new best album, called Sugar Hunter ~THE BEST LOVE SONG OF CHARA~ released on September 5th. It's released as a 10th anniversary for the release of Junior Sweet. There will be two discs, Sweet and Bitter(think Black and White like Ayu, only all in one). Here is the tracklist:

Disc SWEET -A Sweet Love Song Collection-
1. Shimashima no Babmi
2. Yasashii Kimochi (Shiawase Version)
3. Lemon Candy
4. Milk
5. Ai no Jibaku Souchi
6. Koi wo Shita
7. Taisetsu wo Kizukumono
8. Happy Toy
9. Ooki na Jishin ga Kitatte
10. DUCA
11. Skirt (Album Version)
12. Tiny Tiny Tiny
13. Junior Sweet

Disc BITTER -A Bitter Love Song Collection-
1. Swallowtail Butterfly ~Ai no Uta~
2. Break These Chain
3. Tsuki to Amai Namida
4. Time Machine
5. Sweet
6. Are wa ne
7. 70% - Yuugure no Uta
8. Tsumibukaku Aishite yo
9. Atashi Nande Dakishimetai n' Darou?
10. Heaven
11. Hatsukoi
12. Violet Blue

:heart: Sweet. Milk, Happy Toy, Junior Sweet. <3 But Bitter is good too - Time Machine, 70% Yuugure no Uta, Violet Blue... <33

The limited edition comes with a DVD, including a select few of her PVs(mostly the ones for the songs on the album):

1. Heaven
2. Ooki na Jishin ga Kitatte
3. Ai no Jibaku Souchi
4. Tsumibukaku Aishite yo
5. Atashi Nande Dakishimetai n' Darou?
6. Yasashii Kimochi
7. Time Machine
8. Milk
9. DUCA
10. Hikari to Watashi
11. 70% - Yuugure no Uta
12. Taisetsu wo Kizukumono
13. Tsuki to Amai Namida
14. Lemon Candy
15. Skirt
16. Boku ni Utsushite
17. Hatsukoi
18. Mieru wa

No Ai no Hi 3tsu Orange. </3 Anyway, that's all the Chara news I have now.  XD

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
No Ai no Hi 3tsu Orange. </3
It's a shame since it's such a wonderful song, but this is a best of Chara, not a best of Chara & Yuki..

I was giving a couple of singles the other week that I was missing.. "Koi wo Shita" and "Swallowtail Butterfly".. (yay for my sister-in-law, and her 10,000+ CD collection..)

Anyways, HUGE fan here...have been since I first saw her live on a NHK special back in early '99.. I actually saw her live about 4years ago in Osaka..  :wub:  Great stuff..

There will be two discs, Sweet and Bitter(think Black and White like Ayu, only all in one).
You just lost points of mentioning Hamasaki in a Chara thread.. (I friggin' hate Hamasaki, and her no talent squeaking)

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
:BUMP:

[youtube=425,350]j8xI83Dx7LU[/youtube]
Cherry Cherry

:shakeit: :wub:

Offline Angelus

• Yasashii.Kimochi
  • Member+
  • EighthGen <3
Ooh snap. I like the song. The chorus is great, like most of Chara's song. The PV is crack though... I mean, I love Chara, but I never wanted to see her naked. Even though it's just a silhouette. xD

<_<

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Really tempted to buy her new single and live DVD yesterday, since you need both to enter a limited competition which only runs for a week. 1st prize is that you get to be a reporter and interview her, and the other prizes are original goods..not sure what they are..

But since I'm not made of money, I'll grab the limited "best of.." CD/DVD next week, and the live after payday..

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Bought "Sugar Hunter" today and fully plan to rip all 18PVs to store on my PC, so if anyone wants something, let me know and I'll post it...

Of course, someone who doesn't care about an artist's sales will probably post an ISO of it, but that won't be me..

CHARA  :heart:

Offline Angelus

• Yasashii.Kimochi
  • Member+
  • EighthGen <3
^ Can't believe I missed your post! D: If you're still offering... 70% Yuugure no Uta and Milk please?

New Chara single 11/14. Titled "Boku no Koto Shitte". Excited~
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 09:32:02 PM by Angelus »

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: (Artist) Chara(11/14 - New Single "Boku no Koto Shitte")
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 02:17:17 AM »
No worries!! Here ya go.. 

http://www.mediafire.com/?8m1vy9jyyzf

http://www.mediafire.com/?2gtytbvdf9e

And damn, Chara's pumping out so much stuff, it's almost like she's joined Avex..  :roll:

Offline Angelus

• Yasashii.Kimochi
  • Member+
  • EighthGen <3
Re: (Artist) Chara(11/14 - New Single "Boku no Koto Shitte")
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 12:34:25 PM »
[youtube=425,350]jEktppa7pwk[/youtube]

:wub:

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 12:52:21 PM »
^ stumbled across this while browsing around tonight, and thought I had better tube it..

[youtube=425,350]vud_Wkt4gW8[/youtube]
CHARA - X'mas Spirit!

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 11:28:07 PM »
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1SQz2qbRG0g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1SQz2qbRG0g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
PV for the title track of Chara's new mini-album 'Kiss'. released next week (sept. 24th).

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 05:54:28 AM »
and here is the above mentioned mini album:

Chara - kiss (08.09.24)

01. kiss
02. Tomorrow
03. Time After Time (HANAREGUMI X Chara)
04. Ya Ya
05. Kaeru

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline century

• Member+
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 10:59:59 PM »
Thank you tenkei!

Offline korei

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 06:23:51 PM »
I can't say I'm a fan but ボクにうつして (boku ni utsushite) is a majestic single. LULU is the best song I've heard from her.

She's good enough as actress too. Saw her in PICNIC and SWALLOWTAIL BUTTERFLY, both directed by Shunji Iwai.

Offline flawlesly

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 02:53:07 PM »
and here is the above mentioned mini album:

Chara - kiss (08.09.24)

01. kiss
02. Tomorrow
03. Time After Time (HANAREGUMI X Chara)
04. Ya Ya
05. Kaeru

i really loved the cover song "Tommorow"
 what is it mean  Hanaregumim x chara

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: See-saw - Emerald Green