JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Arashi - Tabidachi no Asa

Author Topic: AEUGNewtype feat. アイドリング!!! - eve piano acoustic  (Read 2762 times)

Offline AEUGNewtype

• Member+
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥
AEUGNewtype feat. アイドリング!!! - eve piano acoustic
« on: November 23, 2012, 08:49:07 PM »

To celebrate the 2 year anniversary of the release of the original Idoling!!! single "eve" (November 23rd, 2010) I've decided to do my own take on the song.  I've always loved the composition of the song, but often thought the arrangement of the single was always a little too extravagant and took away from some of the simple beauty of the song.  The vocal harmonies are one of the greatest parts of the song, so I tried to preserve as much of that as I could from the original vocal track while toning the arrangement down to a simple acoustic guitar, piano, and bass arrangement. Its always hard to extract the original vocal track from the song and get it to mix with your own creation and it always takes a lot of editing, but I think it worked pretty well in the end.  I wasn't going for anything particularly special with this, I'm just a huge Idoling!!! fan who wants to show some tribute and make a musical idea a reality. Enjoy!

All instruments and artwork by AEUGNewtype

Download mp3: http://www.mediafire.com/?7aikoao2r7bmzod

Listen on YouTube:

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: AEUGNewtype feat. アイドリング!!! - eve piano acoustic
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 11:48:05 PM »
wow just wow! I'm a huge fan of EVE and this arrangement did the song justice for sure. The only little bit that was a bit lacking was the vocal isn't that clear, then again I'm sure that'll be tough to extract properly. Its a whole lot less busier than the original and its really light to hear, its great!

looking forward to listen to more of your song mixes with Idoling!!!

Offline AEUGNewtype

• Member+
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥
Re: AEUGNewtype feat. アイドリング!!! - eve piano acoustic
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 12:52:10 AM »
Thanks for the comments!

It is really hard to remove vocal tracks from songs, especially when the song has a pretty busy arrangement, because they often mix in sound effects or instruments with the vocal track and it requires a lot of editing to get them clean.  I had to do multiple hours of work on this vocal track just to get it as clean as it is in the track you hear :)

Mai's solo is the part that has the most remnants of the original track left, because they had the keyboards that play during her solo panning back and forth through the left and right channels so it was constantly in the track no matter how I tried to edit it, but I did as much as I could.

You can also check out my other idol mixes (AKB, H!P, etc.) through the link in my signature here, if you haven't already, but this is the first one I've done with Idoling!!!

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Arashi - Tabidachi no Asa