JPHiP Radio (10/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Huckleberry Finn - Huckleberry Finn

Poll

How much does it bother you to lose Ogawa and Konno?

I'll miss them both! I am devastated
74 (54.8%)
I won't miss either of them
28 (20.7%)
I won't miss Konno
11 (8.1%)
I won't miss Ogawa
22 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Author Topic: Konno and Ogawa to graduate  (Read 25804 times)

Offline yurinachan

• Berryz Switch On!
  • Member+
Konno and Ogawa to graduate
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2006, 05:17:13 PM »
Good luck to both of them on their future studies. It was a nice run for them in Morning Musume.

Offline Ching1670

• Gatas Brilhantes H.P.
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2006, 05:27:22 PM »
Hold shit~
This must be the biggest news of the year in HP!
This beats the marriage of Tsunku!!

I hope they are just graduating from Morning Musume, but not H!P
Pls dont let them ending up like Ishiguro Aya, Fukuda Asuka, Ichii Sayaka...disappearing from the screen forever....:(

Offline mrhomiec

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2006, 05:34:52 PM »
a very bad idea on behalf of Tsunku...

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2006, 05:38:03 PM »
Damn. One graduation is sad enough, but two?

I like both of them so it's going to take time to adapt.

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2006, 05:51:21 PM »
That's quite sad, eventhough they weren't my favorites either... but why Konkon got a farewell PB and Mako didn't get anything... well, except a Dokyu ep :ksad:

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

Offline huggumwuggums

• さゆみのLOVEマシーン
  • Member+
  • Soo Young = My genie
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2006, 05:56:54 PM »
Quote from: ASSEMblerEX
How much does it bother you to lose Ogawa and Konno?

It bothers me quite a lot actually, even though they are not my favourite members but they were a part of Morning Musume and their personalities are really different from the others..I'd really miss them when they are gone, i can believe this myself but i almost cried when i found out about this..

Offline makistar

• Maki is LIFE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Maki is Life!
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2006, 06:03:22 PM »
It's a nicer way to say the girls are going back to school but it's just typical for UFW/UFA/UFwhatever to get rid of member who cannot pull in profit as solo act.

I'm sure Konkon is going back to school, she has the brain. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. She's already wasted her youth being a second banana.

As for Ogawa...studying overseas? hmm....ok, we won't hear from her ever again...unless Friday do an "ex-mm...blah blah blah" in the future.
She will be a big lost in Hello! Morining skit for sure! UFW wasted her talent...

Sad for fans but good luck to both!!

- EDIT -
BTW, I didn't vote. They are not my favorites but they will be missed...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 06:06:01 PM by makistar »

Offline vicmu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2006, 06:11:49 PM »
i'll miss them both, but this could be a sign that people are jumping ship before momusu is disbanded (which would confirm the yearly "breakup" rumor).

or perhaps tsunku's reforming the image of momusu. perhaps the reason why risa isn't "graduated" along with konno and ogawa is because she is leadership material. she's got attitude and confidence to lead morning musume in the future. i can't quite say the same about takahashi.

Offline aimaime

• Ai T's Iced Tea
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gakky^^
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2006, 06:21:18 PM »
i just found out about this. oh noo.. that's so sad. i'll be missing them definitely but excuses or not i think it's a very good idea for them to go pursue their studies than staying around in h!p just to appear on hello morning once in a while. studying is better for them and their future. hope ogawa learns english.

anyway i can't imagine risa without aichan or aichan without risa. just seems too lonely :(

sangatsu7 - movies, music, variety shows, japan, aichan, rants, etc..

Offline suki*

• Shweet Bitch
  • Member+
  • mikitty~!! ^o^
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2006, 06:27:07 PM »
I'm quite happy that Konkon's going back to school. That girl really is quite bright! I'm actually quite happy for that she will get to utilise and show off her other talents! :yay:

And as for Makoto, I hope that she finds a niche for herself somewhere, not to be smothered and kept in some backroom for eternity. It's such a waste of all that energy that she has! It's true though... H!M skits will not be the same without her... T_T

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2006, 06:27:12 PM »
I guess it's that time of year, like the march of the penguins or something.

Musume personnel turnover is a FACT OF LIFE.  And often, it's the people you least expect.  I sure couldn't have predicted this.

Let me add once again my opinion that "sotsugyou" is the most-misused and abused word in H!P.  

Aloha means goodbye...

Offline kingthaking81

• konkon's bonbons
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2006, 06:34:07 PM »
Quote from: vicmu

or perhaps tsunku's reforming the image of momusu. perhaps the reason why risa isn't "graduated" along with konno and ogawa is because she is leadership material. she's got attitude and confidence to lead morning musume in the future. i can't quite say the same about takahashi.

makes sense! Aichan has the vocals and looks,and Risa has made most progress since she joined from the 5th gen.
But konno was the only thing that kept my interest in MM past few years. I dont see any other members being my fave. For Ogawa it's just bad luck. SHe never had the opportunity to shine, aside from H!M skits /

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2006, 07:37:04 PM »
what..? shit. wtf? that's..

T____________T

i have no words for this.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2006, 07:52:53 PM »
Quote from: Asmodai
"Konno to go to college.
 Mako to go study language abroad."

Hopefully Makoto will come study here. :)

This actually doesn't bother that much. Konno has had a great run and there will always be so many amazing appeareances and jokes of her's to watch. Plus 3 PB's and an Alo-Hello.

Aside from the three really stand out stars (Maki, Nacchi, Rika), Konno has had one of the best careers in Morning Musume. She's leaving on top, and I think she'd want it that way.
I'd say that both of them are leaving on top, or at least they're taking control and leaving on their own terms.  Will it hella suck once they're gone? Fuck yeah.  No one can ever replace Konkon's cuddly-ness or Mako's energy and comedic acting during the skits.  But in the end, it's their choice.  Though they will soon be leaving, they've each carved their own little niches in MM/H!P and will always be loved and remembered.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2006, 08:12:10 PM »
Konno was good as a member of MM, but seriously I can't imagine her going solo, or doing dramas or hosting tv shows. She would have ended up doing nothing, just like Kei, and that would have been terrible waste for her abilities.

So, I think it's the best solution for her to continue her studies now, when she's still got the chance.

I wish her good luck.

The same goes pretty well for Makoto as well. But because she never was any star in MM or H!P, her graduation because of "studying abroad" feels a bit like "firing" her :P I'll hope this isn't the case though.
coot is ctz

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2006, 08:42:36 PM »
Shit! Two of my favourite members.  That really sucks.
I hope it's their own choice and they're not being forced out by da Tsunk, because that would suck even more.  Good luck to them in whatever they do, anyway.

Hmm, wonder if Tsunku's gradually winding things down now he's getting married?
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2006, 09:14:29 PM »
It would be a damn shame for Konno to not go back to school, that would be a serious waste of a damn good brain.  And Mako, I hope she goes into theatre or something like that, where her skills can be nurtured and developed.  I don't think her idea of success is being in the back row behind the 6th gens.

Offline Vodka

• 「Sh-boom」
  • Member+
  • Friday Ninja
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2006, 09:23:16 PM »
T.T ...you know that feeling after you're dog has just hit by a car...yeah that's how I feel...

My h!t list: Ogawa . Nakazawa . Kusumi . Yasuda . Mika

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2006, 09:30:01 PM »
btw, I've been saying this on a dozen message boards/groups throughout the years and I may as well repeat myself in this thread, on this message board:

The constant member shuffling is what differentiates fans of Musume and Company from virtually ALL other J-pop acts.  And it's a kind of separation that makes it difficult for one to understand the other.

Can you IMAGINE what other fans of J-pop music are saying about H!P/MM when they read about the latest news of member "graduations"?  Is it laced with sympathy or ridicule?  Or sarcasm?  

Being a fan of Musume Proper has got to be one of the most trying experiences in pop music.  Attempting to get someone to even consider being a fan in light of the annual news of member exodus must be equally difficult.  It sure has been that way for me through the years, beginning with Ishiguro and Ichii in the same damn year.  And having my favorite members being forced to leave the group always makes me feel pissed off.

But, as Nacchi is fond of saying, life goes on.

Offline sakurasake

• luv Euroson~*!
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2006, 09:32:37 PM »
omg... if both of them graduate at the same time.... what will happen to morning musume... >_<

JPHiP Radio (10/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Huckleberry Finn - Huckleberry Finn