JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aya Hirano - Monstar

Author Topic: Tales from the Danso Cafe - chapter 7 (30/01/2014)  (Read 33253 times)

Offline MayuxMatsuixMusic

• mayuyu oshi <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • oshiri~~!!!
Re: Tales from the Danso Cafe (Order 6! Sensei Kawaii!)
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2013, 10:49:56 PM »
its acchan  :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

plss add more mayuki :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
mayuyu and rena is <3

mayuki and mayurena is my fav <3

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Tales from the Danso Cafe (Order 6! Sensei Kawaii!)
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2013, 05:10:24 AM »
kuma-san

update please...

Can't wait to see more Atsumina...

:twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline kuma-san

Tales from the Danso Cafe (Order 7! Part 1! Situation Normal: All Fucked Up! )
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2014, 08:15:33 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year. What else did I miss?

I've been gone a while, eh? I'm sorry for making you guys wait. Really I am. It's just that I had a hard time going about this chapter. A reaaaally hard time.

Blame Christmas. And the Dome Tour DVDs. And Yuko.

Yeah.

Consider this a late Christmas gift and token of apology for taking so long.orz

Order 7.1: A day like any other

Minami was quietly eating (inhaling) her katsudon breakfast one Sunday morning, watching Jurina help Churi prepare ingredients for the busy day ahead when  Sayaka came out from the backroom looking quite worried.

"Takamina, have you seen my wig?"

Minami looked up from her bowl. "Nuf, showwy." The tall woman turned to the cousins.

"Churi? Jurina-chan?"

Both shook their heads slowly. The slight frown that was already on Sayaka's face became more pronounced. She murmured a 'thanks' before heading out to the dining area.

"Mariko, have you seen my wig?"

"Nope, haven't seen it..."

Blocking the conversation between the two women out of her hearing, Minami returned to her meal, not really worried about Sayaka's lost wig. It was probably just a prank by Sae and Yuko anyway. Besides, there were more important things to do than worry about a wig. You know, like eating katsudon.

With those thoughts in mind, the short girl returned to her crispy breaded ambrosia, paying no heed when Jurina began to snicker.

A few seconds later Sae and Yuko burst from the dining area, their faces pallid and sweating.

"Where the hell did you hide it?!" Yuko hissed angrily at her companion as they began rifling through the kitchen .

Churi's left eye started twitching. "Oi..."

"It was in one of the cooking pots, I swear! It should be found by now!" The pitch of Sae voice rose.

"You hid what in my pots?" The duo shivered from the cook's icy tone.

Yuko scratched her head as she smiled sheepishly. "Is there a wig in one of your pots, by...any...chance."

The squirrel's voice died as a dark and ominous presence made itself known behind them. They froze as the presence spoke, its voice made of pure venom.

"And I suppose you can't find it anymore, now can you?"

They hesistantly and with utmost trepidation turned their heads behind them, and there, lo and behold, stood Sayaka, eyes gleaming dangerously and nostrils flaring. She pulled the hapless pair by their collars and lifted them up one foot in the air without so much as a grunt of effort.

A pork cutlet fell off the impressed Minami's gaping mouth.

Sae and Yuko cowered at the sight of the fuming woman, legs dangling helplessly beneath them.

Yuko tried to give her a charming smile.

"S-so, uh, found yer wig yet?"

Sae whimpered in a tiny voice as she saw steam coming out from Sayaka's nose.

"Mama."

~~~

Five minutes and several lumps on the head later, the  too-successful pranksters sat in seiza, heads bowed, on the kitchen floor, as their victim loomed angrily over them.

(For some reason, Yuko had an intense feeling of deja vu.)

"So," the two troublemakers' heads drooped as Sayaka spoke, "you hid my wig."

"Hai..."

"And now it's lost."

They bowed their heads even lower.

"Hai..."

Sayaka heaved a long and tired sigh and pinched the bridge of her nose, feeling a headache coming in.

"What to do I do now..."

The tomboy glanced at the squirrel and poked her thigh.

Help her out?

Yuko gave Sae a small nod.

I have an idea.

"Hey," Yuko grunted as she and Sae tried to stand up. Their wobbling legs had already begun to fall asleep. "Remember that cheesy ass play we did back in junior year?"

"Yankees doing a school play," Sae snorted, wincing a bit at the prickly sensation under her feet, "who'd forget that? Worst. Play. Ever."

Sayaka's eyes slowly widened as she realized what they were thinking and cautiously took a step back. She did not like the shit eating grins that grew on their faces.

"No."

"C'mon, Ruka-sama," Yuko scooted close to Sayaka, nudging the taller woman's side very, very hard. "You even had the Yabakunes watch the damn thing."

Sae wiggled her eyebrows as she went over to pat Sayaka's shoulder. Very, very hard. "The customers will love it. 'Sides, it's the least you could do for beating the crap out of us."

Sayaka glared at the offending hand and took it off her shoulder with a deadly vice grip.

"ITAI!"

"If you hadn't lost my wig I wouldn't have beaten the crap outta you!" Sayaka snarled. After seeing the duo jump and cringe in fear (rather exaggeratedly), she calmed herself down and sighed once more, sending an exasperated glare at them. "Fine, I'll do it." Sae and Yuko cheered. "But." Sayaka put a hand up, silencing the two. "You two are going to help. "

"No prob!" Yuko grinned cheekily and stood at attention. Sae followed suit. "What can we do for Ruka-sama?"

A small smile began to creep across Sayaka's mouth.  "Get me a cape. Shouldn't be too hard." She chuckled softly. "We're in Akiba after all."

"Aye Cap'n!" Sae and Yuko saluted at their friend and whizzed away to the exit. "Hooo, pins and needles. Ow, ow."

Sayaka shook her head with a smile and turned to Takamina, motioning her to come to the backroom.

"Hey, can you help me out?"

"Chyeah, shore." Minami swallowed her last cutlet and got up her chair, taking her wig from the table and putting it back on her pinned-up hair. "I'm done anyway. What do you want?"

As soon as they were inside the backroom and the door was closed, Mariko showed up by the order-up window smiling, a blond wig twirling around her index finger. Behind her was Haruna, a hand on her mouth as she tried to stifle her giggles.

The barista gave the cousins--who had been suspiciously silent the whole time--a thumbs up with her free hand.

"That went rather smoothly, didn't it?"

Akane and Jurina returned the thumbs up and burst in a fit of laughter.

~~~

"We shoulda enlisted Mariko-sama's help earlier." Said Yuko as they traipsed through some cosplay store that they did not bother knowing the name of. They had spent a good fifteen minutes running around looking for a place that sold costumes, and to their good fortune they found a shop that hadn't quite gotten over Halloween despite it being over for a month ago already--and they sold cheap used stuff too. "Boss is a genius troll. We wouldn't have fucked up."

Sae made a little 'pfft' sound as she picked up a spiky white wig, wondering if it would look good on her. She never wore a wig at work before. "Knowing her, she'd probably double-cross us or something."

"Hm. True." The squirrel nodded absently while she pulled out a black cloak from a rack. "Niiice. Looks a lot like the one back then too." It was a high collared cloak, its texture quite rough, though Yuko was mildly surprised to find that the dark red interior was warm and velvety. She took a look at the price tag. "Cheap too!"

"Yuko."

"Yeah."

"Yuko!"

"Yeah?"

"We forgot to bring money."

"Yea--" Yuko stopped stroking the cloak. "Oh." She looked up at Sae with widening eyes. "Oh shit. Should we go back?"

Sae quickly shook her head. "By the time we get back here the cafe'll be opening."

Yuko scratched her brown wig while crafty eyes shifted around the store. Seeing that no one else was nearby, she started stuffing the dark cloak inside her white button shirt.

"C'mon, help me out here!" Yuko whispered to Sae frantically. "For Ruka-sama!"

Sae did not know whether to laugh or hit Yuko in the head as she helped shoved more of the cloak down the smaller one's shirt. "You're taking this too seriously!"

As soon as the duo was done making the smaller one of them look like a pudgy little man, a finger tapped Sae on the shoulder. The girl yelped and pivoted sharply.

"We're--" Bow. "So sorry--" Bow again.  "We'll never steal--" Yuko pulled at Sae's vest until she stood up straight again. "Airi-chan?"

The art teacher looked at them in amusement, waving her wallet.

"...You guys need any help?"

~~~

After discovering that Minami could not braid hair for shit ("Cornrows are definitely out of the equation then."), Sayaka decided that they stick with a ponytail ("No Takamina, I don't want any bows on my head." "Hey! Don't be dissin' my bows!").

"No scrunchies too." Sayaka reminded Minami as they rummaged through a drawer looking for something to tie the taller woman's long hair with. "We're going for a old timey look here."

"Gotcha." The short girl pulled out a long thin strip of red colored velvet. "How about this one?"

Sayaka stared at the ribbon for a moment before grinning in approval. "That'll do." She sat down on a stool in front of the giant mirror in the backroom. "Can you tie my hair?"

"Okay." Takamina went behind Sayaka, red ribbon in hand. Staring at their reflection, she noticed with mild annoyance that the top of Sayaka's head reached her nose.

Kami-sama, was she really that short?

She ran her hands through Sayaka's sleek black hair. Minami was surprised to find that it had no knots at all. "Should I tie everything up?"

Sayaka shook her head gently. "Nah. Keep it loose."

"'Kay." Takamina broke into a teasing grin as she started tying up Sayaka's long hair. "So. Yankees doing a play huh? What was it all about?"

"Oh god," Sayaka groaned, chiseled face contorting into a grimace. "I don't even want to remember it. It was so bad."

Minami's grin only got wider.

"Do tell."

"I might as well." The sitting woman sighed, eyes turning towards the ceiling. "It's a story about a vampire and girl--Ruka and Maria--who were lovers in a past life--"

"And the girl dies? I can already see where this is going."

"I told you it was bad." Sayaka chuckled. "Anyway, Maria's past life dies, and so Ruka waits..."

~~~

"You really saved us back there." Sae smiled gratefully at Airi as they walked back to the cafe.

Airi shook her head, smiling back. "It's nothing." She glanced at the plastic bag Sae was holding. "So what's the cloak for anyway?"

Yuko, who marched on ahead of them with a little spring in her steps, suddenly shouted. "Repentance!"

The otaku gave Sae a questioning look. "Repentance?"

Sae's smile became strained, as though reliving a painful memory. A hand went up to her head and started rubbing it. "We, ah, lost Sayaka's wig."

"...Ah." That did not explain the purchase of the cloak though. Airi mentally shrugged. No matter. She would find out later anyway.

"You going to the cafe?" Sae asked her while they stopped at a pedestrian crossing, patiently waiting for the signal to turn green.

"Yep." Airi nodded, looking thoughtfully at a billboard of the latest Madoka Magica movie on a building at the other side of the road. The titular character had won Saimoe this year. A frown began to form on the otaku's face. The number of votes had been decreasing in the last two years. Ah, how she missed the good old days--back when the fighting was fiercer and votes reached over a thousand! Now, they rarely went past three hundred. Airi sighed softly. "I invited a friend to check the place out. She said she'd come later."

The light turned green.

"A she-friend?" Yuko faced Sae and Airi, walking backwards on the crossing. Her eyes squinted in suspicion at the latter. "Oi, you better not be two-timing our master chef!"

Sae and Airi let out a full-bellied laugh as they reached the other side of the road. "Idiot." Sae smacked Yuko gently on the head. "If Airi was cheating, she wouldn't bring the mistress to Churi's workplace. "

"Maa," Yuko began laughing along, "I'm just kidding!"

"Hey," asked Airi in a casual manner when their laughter died down. "Churi told me a few days ago that Mariko-sama ordered a shipment of Mount Fuji melonpan."

"Yup!" The squirrel chirped happily. They were almost at the cafe. "Just got delivered yesterday afternoon. We're serving it as a special later."

Airi's lips turned upwards.

~~~

"...And as Ruka embraces Maria on her bed, the hunter sneaks up from behind and stabs Ruka."

"Ooh."

"Before Ruka breathes his last, Maria begs him to bite her. So he does, and the curtain falls."

"Ooh, ooh. Let me guess." Takamina finished tying up Sayaka's hair and backed up to see her handiwork. She grinned. Not bad.  "There's a voiceover saying it's Maria's turn to wait for Ruka's reincarnation?"

"Yeah, yeah." Sayaka grimaced as she stood up and went closer to the mirror. "I told you it was bad."

"It's not THAT bad." Minami was still grinning. "It just needs more, uh, depth. Yeah. Don't you think the story went too fast?"

The taller woman snorted while she looked at herself on the mirror."What do you expect from a play made by yankees?" She swept some hair to the sides. "I was actually surprised we managed to make something like that. "

Minami silenty observed the tall woman adjusting her hair in the mirror. Sayaka was rather broad shouldered and muscular for a female (the midget had once caught a glimpse of her glorious six-pack by accident while they were getting dressed for work), and combined with her defined jawline and high cheekbones, she, like Sae, was quite masculine, though Sae's features were more of the younger, boyish kind.

With Sayaka's hair tied loosely in a ponytail by the red velvet ribbon, unbound locks framing her chiseled, exotic face, she was both handsome and beautiful at the same time.

The epitome of danso.

Whoever played Maria, Minami thought, must have been a very lucky girl to see Sayaka up close like this.

"Actually, Maria was trying not to kill herself." Sayaka had caught Minami's gaze in the mirror at gave her a wry grin.

Takamina scratched her neck in embarrassment. Did she just say that out loud? "I wonder who Maria was."

The grin was still on Sayaka's face. "I believe you already know her quite well."

Minami's lips formed into a frown. "Who?"

At that very moment, Sae entered the room, a black folded cloth in her arms.

"Oi, Sayaka, we got you a cloak..."

Sayaka let out a short laugh. "Speak of the devil."

Takamina's jaw dropped. Her head turned to Sae, then to Sayaka, then to a growingly confused Sae, then to Sayaka again.

"You're joking."

The only answer she got was another laugh.

~~~

His smiling eyes twinkling in amusement (as it almost always did), Mario watched from the coffee counter as the cafe was enthralled, one by one, by Luis' emergency replacement.

Said replacement, however, was oblivious to the eyes on him as he went about doing his work.

"Your meal, Sashihara-san."

The continuous clacking of laptop keys came to a pause as Rino glanced up from her netbook. "Arigato--whoa."

Mouth open and jaws hanging, Sasshi stared unabashedly as the waiter placed her caffe mocha and curry rice on the table, his glossy raven hair hanging from the sides of his sculpted profile as he looked down at her, lips forming a gentlemanly smile that sent the poor girl at a loss for words.

"Is there anything else?"

It took all of Rino's remaining brainpower to shake her head.

The waiter nodded and gave her a slight bow, tucking the empty tray beneath his left arm. He turned away, leaving Sashihara gazing numbly of the black cloak and loose ponytail billowing gently behind him. It was only when she felt a wetness dripping from her nose that the trance was broken.

Sasshi giggled stupidly as she hastily wiped the blood off her mouth and touchpad.

Best. Danso. Ever.

"Ruka is like a prince in a fairytale, ne?" Haruna thought out loud, large dark brown eyes following Sayaka's new danso for a moment before turning back to her best friend making shots at the espresso machine.

More like he's the fairytale. Mario made a little noise of agreement as he pulled down the lever. "Even as Luis, Sayaka's danso has the feel of royalty to it." He smiled and leaned closer to Haruna as he slid a cup of espresso in front of her, murmuring in a low voice, "Nyaro, maybe I should get rid of the wig for real."

"Mm." Haruna took a small sip of the espresso before finding it too hot and started blowing gently on the drink's steaming surface.  "Wouldn't it be a waste?"

"Aha, so you're the culprits." Airi suddenly spoke up behind Mario, giving the barista a small fright though he outwardly remained composed. The otaku had been leaning on the order-up window, listening in on them. "Why don't you keep the wig a little longer? It might be of use someday."

"You can put Churi and Jurina on the wanted list." said Mario with a chuckle, Haruna and Airi joining in right after. "Alright, I'll keep it."

"Keep what?" Kai asked curiously as he arrived, placing an empty tray on the counter.

"It's nothing." The barista grinned at the little waiter and gave him another order to serve. "You're looking awfully chipper today."

"It's nothing." Kai grinned back, his face lighting up like Tokyo Tower at night. It really was nothing, except that he had just come back from Ohori-san's table with his ass unscathed. The older woman had been busy ogling--quite lasciviously too--Ruka to notice that her favorite victim had escaped her clutches.

"Sayaka's danso is the best, isn't it?"

~~~

"Here ya go, Yukirin. Hot chocolate affogato." Haru put down the dessert in front of his ex-girlfriend, the ceramic mug making a soft clink as it met the table's glass surface.

"Thanks." The miko looked up at him with a  gracious smile that the waiter gladly returned as he took away the finished dishes on her table . From the corner of her eye, she caught a glimpse of a tall waiter with long hair serving a girl that was shamelessly staring at him. Yuki giggled. "Seeing Sayaka in Ruka-mode sure brings back memories, doesn't it, Maria-chan?"

Haru cringed, his face contorting in old shame and anguish.

Yukirin smiled in sadistic glee.

"Kagiri aru inochi nagaraaaa..."

"Mou, Yukirin!"

The shrine maiden continued teasing the ex-yankee to her heart's content, unaware that she was being watched by the mouse sitting at the corner of the cafe, as it always has been.

"Sometimes I wonder if watching's all yer gonna do. Well, that and whatever else it is you've been doing." Yuu chortled as he served Mayu her cafe au lait. He raised a brow at the table that was devoid of drawing materials. How unusual. "Where's your sketchbook?"

"Full. I'm going to buy another later." The girl in the jacket replied curtly, taking short sips of the milky beverage.

The sprightly little man began flipping the empty tray in his hands. "You know, for a kid your age, with the amount of time you spend here even on school days, I'm surprised your father doesn't know."

Mayu's eyes briefly turned downwards. "Even if he does, it doesn't matter."

"Right, right." The squirrel nodded in understanding. "Too busy with politics, eh?" He uttered a sigh and gave a small smile. "Gotta get back to work." He patted the mouse's shoulder, earning him a poisonous glare. Yuu merely chuckled, used to this kind of reaction. "Just call if you need anything."

"Hai, Yuko-san."

~~~

"Cafe Ricori." Rena read the signage outside said bistro with a quiet voice, snuggling into her parka and tightly wrapping her knit scarf around her neck as the cold air chilled her fragile-looking frame.  The teacher has been to all kinds of cosplay restaurants before (What kind of otaku were you if you haven't been to one?), but danso cafes were not exactly her thing. Truth be told, she preferred cute young girls in french maid costumes.

Once, Rena was asked if she was a lolicon, and she had vehemently denied it. She was no lolicon! She just liked cute girls. And it just so happens that many cute girls are young. That didn't make her a lolicon, right?

Right?

But then a junior--Mukaida Manatsu--passed by the hallway outside the faculty office, and Rena's resolve crumbled, leaving her in a state of blushing and squealing that she valiantly tried to hide. To no avail, of course.

Airin-san had burst into laughter and nodded in understanding, lightheartedly complimenting her good taste.

"She'd look great in a meido outfit, don't you think?"

Rena had turned even redder.

Giggling silently at the memory, she glanced at the board stand next to the entrance, the playful chalk handwriting announcing both in Japanese and English--grammatically correct too--- that today's special was Mount Fuji melonpan, limited stock ordered straight from 5th Station.

A small smile found itself on her face.

The art teacher certainly knew how to reel her in.

(The promise of a free volume of Chibi Airin C85 edition with exclusive content and a BD of Rebellion when it releases did help sway her mind too.)

Well, time to get inside. Airin-san must be waiting for her.

Approaching the door, she looked past the tinted glass with widening eyes at one of the waiters near the entrance.

"...Gakuran?"

-Part 1 no owari-

Sae was Maria? What the hell is wrong with me lol

I'll post Part 2 after some sleep XD

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Aspiring actress and writing for fun!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
You! Are! A! Genius!!

I! LOVE!! YOU!!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:
:heart: l Collab threads: Sky&Ruka l Ruka&Michael l :heart:
 l Compilation thread: 48G New Gen l :heart:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Offline Lost Heaven

• TwinTowers = Team K
  • ecchi
  • Member+
WHAAA~

When I read this chapter, my smile didn't want to disappear!
Sayaka in Ruka-mode... And Sae as Maria... I'm fainted because of nosebleeding...

Maritroll is best forever!

Offline Kirozoro

• Member+
  • WMatsui, Atsumina, Mayuki couple forever!!
Omg have wait for this chfor so long

Wait why there..Gakuran words there?

Cant wait for the next

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
Thank you for updating it Kuma-san...

Ah... Sayaka became the best danso there... Minami seemed to be happy for not being harassed

Eh... Sae as the 'Maria'... very interesting and funny

I thought Rena would come somehow... so she was the friend mentioned... related with Melonpan too...

And she knew Gakuran... so Rena also a Yankee (Gekikara)?

And its going to be Wmatsui pairing right?

Can't wait to see what's going to happen next

And when would Atsuko come back and visit Minami?

Thank you for the update

:twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline olive29

• ecchi
  • Member+
FINALLY !!!! AN UPDATE !!!!!

Rena will meet Juju..

I hope Juju can charm her

Eh...and she know Sae?

What's their relation?

Update soon,please..

Offline FoxKing

• ecchi
Update YAY!!!   :P

cant wait next  :twothumbs

is there also gekikara ?

Offline kumo

Whoaaaaaa you truly ar a genius!!!!

I believe it'd be hilarious when all of the previous majijo queens meet in the cafe. Especially Jurina reactions when she found out that her innocent beautiful fragile looking sensei's past as gekikara!  XD

Wil she be scared or will she be thrilled?! Hopfully she's going to be thrilled---can't wait to read the next part! (≧∇≦)

I'm very very excited!!

Offline noah minami

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • atsumina ! kojiyuu ! kaixacchan! mariharu!
    • NoahLee08
    • noahminami
finally an update... XD

Offline Zita

• ecchi
  • Member+
She knows Gakuran? :shocked
So that means.................... :twisted:
Looking forward to another. :lol:
KAMI OSHI: MATSUI RENA

http://kecha94.tumblr.com/

Offline Charlotte-Sempai

• Member+
  • Posting in a hurry~
Another great chapter.
Don't mind me.
Just here.
Reading and or Writing.

Offline WantingtoCuddle

• ecchi
So you're using majisuka characters but not the part about yuko dying?  :?
Anyways I'm looking foward to Gekikara ( > w <)
Lol Jurina =/= Center right?

Offline deguchi

• Member+
  • try to open up my self
FINALLY!!
Grinning like a mad for the whole story xixixi
that RukaMaria thing XDDDD
and gakuran huh..yosh the lolicon Rena-chan bhahaha..THANKS!!
just love to read alot of fiction story

Offline gilangfajri

• Member+
  • Hollstein is real!
    • starwarsgil
Woahhh awesome, please update :twothumbs

"Once I told Yui a message, 'no matter what happens, I only want Yui to be by my side.' To think of it, it just become a vogue, isn't it?"

-Shimazaki Haruka-

Offline kuma-san

Re: Tales from the Danso Cafe (Order 7! Part 2! No Way Out!)
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2014, 04:23:16 PM »
Please excuse my tardiness~

Order 7.2: Old Spice

"Kid, your friends are here." Mario told Jun when the younger one handed an order to him.

"Where?" He quickly looked around until he saw Ruka  having Kumi and Yuria settled at one of the wall booths, light blushes on her classmates' faces as the dashing waiter gave a slight bow and left.

"Thanks Ruka-sama! Lookin' real dapper!" Kumi called out as the tall man walked away coolly waving his hand. She turned her eyes to Jun as he swaggered playfully towards them. She waved a hand at him. "Yo, Jun-kun!"

Jun adopted a annoyed look on his face.  "What do you want, KumiYuri?"

"Oi," Yuria pouted at her classmate, her lower lip sticking out adorably. "Treat your customers nicely, Jun-kun."

The waiter gave Yuria a naughty grin and took her by the hand. "As you wish, ma cherie." He purred, making an obnoxious 'chuu' sound as he pecked the back of of her hand, making the girl's round cheeks turn pink.

"J-Jurina!"

Kumi swiftly swatted Jun's face and jerked him away by his tiny ponytail.

"Itaitaitaitaitai!"

Kumi glowered at the grimacing Jun, brilliant orbs holding a deadly glint that sent a clear message to him: Do that again and I will. Fucking. Kill. You.

"Geez, I was just joking." Jun grumbled as he rubbed his sore scalp. Kuumin had yanked on his ponytail really, REALLY hard. "Seriously though, what would you like to order?"

"Pesto pasta," Yuria immediately answered for the both of them, not even bothering to look at the menu on the table, "Hot chocolate," She patted Kumi's head in an effort to pacify her, "And strawberry shortcake." 

"Gotcha." Jun mentally jotted the order down in his head and frowned at the still-glaring Yagami.

"Kuumin, calm down, man."

Kumi briefly glanced past Jun, a menacing smirk forming on her face.

"I don't think I'm the one who will need to."

Jun's frown went even deeper.

"What are you talking about?"

The chiming of the entrance door and a sudden inhuman scream sent Jun's head snapping back to the source of the noise.

"Sae-chan? What the..." Haru was in a mad dash to the kitchen. Jun's gaze flickered to whatever sent the man running.

His blood ran cold.

'...hell."

~~~

"What are you doing?" Kai asked Airi as he peered over her shoulder, having just gotten out of the staff restroom when he saw the otaku hunched over at the kitchen counter with a notepad and a pen.

"Eh, just doodling." Airi sat up, letting the short blond see her drawing.

"Chibi Airin!" Kai exclaimed.

"Chibi Airin it is." The artist grinned, delighted that the waiter knew her work. "I'm thinking of new ideas for the next post."

"Wait a sec," Kai blinked twice, eyes widening as he slowly put two and two together, "You're Hentairin-sama!"

"The one and only."

"I knew your name sounded familiar. I like your series." Kai said cheerfully before heading back out. Airi chuckled and went back to her doodle. 

Kai was about to open the door when suddenly there was a loud shout from outside and next the thing he knew was that he was kissing wood. Painfully.

"Hey!" The blond pried his face away from the mahogany door and glared at the pale-faced Haru, who was breathing very heavily, his back up against the farthest wall in the kitchen. "The hell's your problem?"

The ikemen's face went even whiter. "G-G-Geki--"

Kai glanced outside the kitchen and saw a pretty--though rather pale--lady come in the cafe. He turned back to Haru.

"Geki-what?"

"Somebody we used to know." Ruka entered the room not long after, answering for the stammering Haru. "Get up, Sae." He took off his cloak and tried getting his petrified friend to stand up--Haru was already lying on the floor in fetal position.

"No, I don't wanna!" Haru whined, the pitch of his voice getting higher and higher.

"C'mon Sae," Ruka sighed in exasperation. "It's been years already. She can't be that bad anymore, right? We've got tables to wait."

"How about you wait her table?!"

Ruka went silent for several seconds.

"...No thanks."

"Um, I'll be going now." Kai left the two alone, very much weirded out. He made his way out the kitchen, not before noticing that Akane had paused her cooking, pinching Airi's cheek hard as they looked out the order-up window.

"Airin," The chef growled in a dangerous tone, "What did you do?"

Airi smiled wider, not minding the pain in her cheek as Akane pinched harder.

"It's just a little push."

~~~

Rena had the door half open when the waiter turned to her direction, took one good look, and promptly screamed like a little girl.

Yep, definitely Gakuran.

She watched her scramble to the kitchen, followed calmly by her tall, long haired--Was that Choukoku?--co-worker donned in a dark cloak who glanced at her warily for a second.

The other patrons barely batted an eye. Was this normal to them?

Rena's gaze wandered around, searching for a little someone. If Gakuran and Choukoku were here, then most likely Yuko-san was--ah, there she was, crouched under someone's bar stool, staring at her with horrified eyes, the brown scruffy wig looking adorable on her. Rena tried to smile. The squirrel trembled.

For the love of MadoKami, was she really that terrifying back then?

Maybe she could apologize later.

She met eyes with the barista, who, not exactly sure what the hell was going on but was clearly amused, decided to give her a welcoming smile and gestured for her to find a table.

The teacher nodded in appreciation, a small frown starting to form as she wondered where Airi was. She said she would meet her here.

Her phone chimed.

Gomen, Rena-san. Emergency business with the art club! Don't worry, the people there are nice. orz

Oh, they are. Problem is, they're also terrified of her.

She wanted to leave, but the melonpan was calling out to her. Sighing in resignation, Rena took another step forward when someone called her name.

"Rena-chan?"

What a pleasant surprise.

"Yukirin!"

~~~

Jun immediately sat down with his friends at their booth, trying not to look conspicuous as Rena-sensei's curious eyes wandered around the cafe. A small part of the puppy wondered why Sae-chan and the others ran away (a gag perhaps?), but more importantly...

"Why is she here, Kumi?" He hissed, shaking Kumi's shoulders violently. "WHY IS SHE HERE?"

"Chill, Juribaby." Yuria cackled evilly. "We're just as surprised as you are."

"Uh huh," Kumi's nodding and Jun's shaking of her shoulders made her look like a very enthusiastic bobblehead, " Oi, don't you still have to follow up our orders?"

Jun glared at them both as he let go of Kumi and reluctantly stood up, careful not to get noticed by Rena-sensei, who was now seated at Kirin-san's table, talking quite animatedly with her--how do they know each other?--as he went to Mario.

The puppy raised an eyebrow at the squirrel cowering underneath Haruna's legs, eyes looking at the horizon.

"What's wrong with Yuko-san?"

"Yuuchan's been like that ever since the new person came in." The model paused her game and frowned as Yuu started caressing her calves.

"So kid," Mario rested his elbows on the counter, feeling the uneasiness in the young one rolling off in waves, "You know her?"

Jun stiffened. "Know who?" He asked as lightly as he could, trying to feign ignorance.

Mario gave him a teasing smile. Jun returned with a heavy scowl.

"Mari-chan!"

The barista chuckled softly and reached out to stroke Jun's head. "Go to Kirin-san's table."

"Why me?" Jun whined.

"Because Sayaka's still trying to get Sae to come out of the kitchen, Takamina's handling other customers, and Yuko..." Mario peered down and frowned at the little bastard starting to rubbing his cheeks on Nyaro's thighs. "...Is being herself." He gave Jun's head one final pat. "Be a dear and take the pretty girl's order, will you?"

The young one sent Mario a long, baleful stare before finally huffing out a "Hai" and shuffling away in defeat.

Mario waited until Jun was a good distance from the counter.

"Matsui Rena-sensei, you say?"

Airi's head popped up from the order-up window. "Yup!" she grinned.

"You've got to be kidding me." Ruka muttered as he and Haru flanked Airi. "Of all the people to have a crush on..."

"Eh?" The grin on Airi's face gradually turned to a frown. "What's wrong with Rena-san?"

The two towers glanced at each other for a moment, as if in a silent conversation whether they should tell the otaku or not. They nodded in agreement and looked at Airi with worried eyes.

"She's...like us. A yankee."

"...Ha?!"

~~~

"It's been a while since we last met, hasn't it, Gekikara?" Yuki smiled affectionately at Rena while she stirred her affogato around the glass.

"Don't call me that anymore." Rena puffed her cheeks in annoyance. "It's a little embarrassing."

The lightest shade of pink coloured Rena's face as the miko's teasing laughter tickled her ears. "You never told me you come here, Yukirin." The teacher bit down on the spoonful of the dessert Yuki offered, her eyes smiling in delight at the explosion of rich chocolate flavors.

"I figured it was for the best." Yuki giggled when Rena took the spoon from her hand and took another scoop for herself. "Something told me it would be awkward."

"It was," came Rena's sardonic reply, Gakuran's terrified reaction came to mind. "I'm flattered though, in a way, that they still remember me."

Yukirin chuckled. "I think a lot of people would remember you, Rena-chan."

Rena released a fond sigh as she picked up the small menu on the table, reading the contents absently while her mind was in the far-flung reaches of her memories. "I overdid it back then, didn't I?"

~~~

Mayu was not jealous.

She grumpily leaned back to her seat, wary eyes watching the newcomer converse casually--too casually, the girl noted with distaste--with Kashiwagi Yuki.

The stranger's arrival made the hooded girl raise an eyebrow at Yuu and Haru who ran away upon recognition. Their reaction was genuine, not some gag they improvised on the spot which the other customers seemed to think so.

Mayu was not jealous.

The next thing made a vein pop on her forehead.

What the hell.

Did she just feed her?

And did she just take her spoon? Right from her hand? And eat from it?!

Her left eye twitched in annoyance as she took a long ungraceful swig of her cafe au lait and brought the cup down with a angry clink.

Nope, definitely not jealous.

The girl was about to call Yuko-san for a few questions but decided against it when she saw the fool too busy under Kojima's bar stool, groping the sexy model's legs while nearby, the youngest waiter and the barista were in some sort of argument that the latter was winning. The cafe owner glanced in disdain every now and then at Yuko-san, who was currently in pure bliss.

"Idiot squirrel." The little mouse sneered, though part of her held a little bedgrudging respect. Perverted as said idiot squirrel may be, she was one hell of an opportunist.

She would have to ask on another time then, Mayu told herself as she resumed watching them, but not before barking at the little blond waiter hastily cleaning a table not far from her. The pitiful midget had been left to work by himself, the other waiters--save for their youngest who just finished losing the little debate--temporarily out of commission, it seemed, due to the stranger.

"You."

The short boy squeaked in surprise. "H-hai!"

Mayu brought up her empty cup.

"Another au lait, please."

"O-of course." The blond bowed curtly and scurried away, leaving the mildly amused girl behind.

Before she could go back to observing  them, the youngest waiter--Jun, was it?--caught her attention, his face a bright burning red and body language practically screaming 'DO NOT WANT' as he walked ever so slowly towards their table.

How odd, Mayu thought as she idly fiddled with her jacket zipper. Jun had served her before without any awkwardness whatsoever, even creating a rather clever nickname to call her with. So what was causing this anxiety on the normally confident boy?

She let go of the zipper.

Ah, of course. The stranger.

"Hm."

Interesting.

~~~

"So...Rena-san was your schoolmate?"

"Nah. Yukirin's. The only yankee at their school too. But only because the rest moved out soon after. They said anyone who dared lay hands on Yukirin got beaten up by Gekikara. Badly. You could say she was like a guardian angel."

"Pfft! More like guardian demon."

"There there, Sae."

"W-was Rena-san really that strong?"

"Insanely strong. Emphasis on the insane."

"H-how...?"

"Let's just say she likes using unconventional methods."

"Unconventional? UNCONVENTIONAL? Sayaka, she shoved a pencil up my nose!"

"...!"

(Sashihara, whose seating was so that the staff's rather loud conversation was in earshot, clutched her own nose in horror.)

"Sure sucked being the girlfriend huh?"

"She made my nostrils crooked!"

"They always were."

"Were not!"

"It's not that bad. At least fitting a yen inside them was easier after that. Great party trick too! We should it show it to you sometime, Airi-san."

"...Ah..."

"Shut up Yuko."

"Where the hell have you been anyway?"

"Was hidin' under Nyannyan's seat. Then Boss-man decided I had enough of her majestic legs."

"I can hear you, you know."

~~

The pounding in Jun's chest became louder and more painful with every hesitant step he took towards Kirin-san and Rena-sensei's table. It bothered him a little though. How do those two know each other? Maybe he could ask Sae-chan later when he was done with...this. If he can get started at all.

Come on, Jurina. You can do it. Rena-sensei is a customer right now. He wiped away the growing beads of sweat from his forehead. Just a customer. No stupid crush. You can totally do this.

Glancing at Kumi and Yuria though, both of whom were sporting obnoxious grins and two thumbs up, gave him pause.

Oh God. This was impossible.

His snail's pace came to a complete halt when he was close enough to hear their conversation.

"How did you know about Ricori?" Kirin-san asked Rena-sensei. The teacher was looking down at the menu.

"A fellow teacher from Sansei. She said there was melonpan today--" Kirin-san giggled at this, "So I decided to check it out. She said she would be here, but there was an emergency... "

Hold on a sec. A fellow teacher..?

"Fucking Furukawa." Jun cursed under his breath. So, it had come to this, eh? Was Airin trying to fuck with him? Well, that damn otaku was not going to have the last laugh. Hell no. Matsui Jurina was no coward. If this was the how the game was going to be played, then Jun was gonna make damn sure that he would win this. He made his way to Rena-sensei with a newfound vigor in his steps and a fire in his eyes despite his increasingly reddening cheeks.

"Watch me, you bastard."

~~~

"Gekikara is a TEACHER?!"

"Um...Hai?"

"So she what, advises a fight club or something? No wait, you wouldn't know, she would not talk about fight club. Does she teach students how to shove pencils up noses?"

"Sae-san, Rena-san doesn't seem like the, uh, p-pencil-shoving kind of person. Well, at least not anymore."

"Well my friend, you did not know Gekikara."

"S-she did something to you, Yuko-san?"

"Eh, don't bother, Airi-chan. Yuko totally deserved it."

"Oi, the balloon room was overkill."

"You deserved it."

"I was just admiring Yukirin!"

"With your hands."

"It was only one time..."

"Hm. Balloons, huh?"

"Don't you DARE get any ideas, Shinoda."

~~~

Jun stopped a couple feet away from Rena-sensei and Kirin-san's table. His teacher was oblivious to his presence, head slightly bowed as she browsed the cafe's menu. Rena-sensei, he realized, had long, dark lashes and a tiny mole on her right eyelid. Was that one on her cheek as well? Oh man, being in such close proximity to his teacher was such a rare opportunity.

"Jun-kun." Kirin-san's amused expression made Jun aware that he had been caught staring.

The puppy chuckled sheepishly. "Kirin-san."

"Let me introduce you to my frie--" Jun cut her off with his Cheshire smile and a finger to his lips as he mouthed 'I know'. He turned back to Rena-sensei, who finally looked up from the menu, wondering why Yukirin suddenly went silent.

I know you're watching, Airi, Jun thought, and with that he gently took Rena-sensei's soft, soft  right hand as if careful not to break anything. With a deep breath he dipped his head until his lips grazed her knuckles, sending sparks flying all over his body and making his toes curl up from the sensation. Jun's half-lidded eyes glanced up, and a small smirk graced his boyish countenance when he saw the face that was white as snow turn an immaculate shade of red.

However, terror began creeping in Jun's being when he saw her eyes widen in recognition. Desperate not to show his panic, He mustered up all his remaining courage, widened his smirk, and lowered his voice to a seductive croon.

"What would you like to have, Rena-ojousama?"

Rena-sensei turned impossibly redder, and Jun fought the urge not to run away and squeal like the joshikousei he really was.

School was gonna be so awkward tomorrow.

~~~

Aside from the hissing of food being cooked and the hum of appliances, the kitchen was in a deathly silence. It was a few long moments before anyone spoke up.

"Jurina's got balls."

Ruka facepalmed.

"Seriously Yuko?"

"Whaaat?" Yuu grinned impishly. "She kissed Gekikara's hand and lived. That takes balls, man."

"She doesn't even know about Gekikara."

Airi let out a sigh she did not know she was holding in. "Do you think we need to tell Jurina about Rena-san's...past?"

Haru clapped her on the shoulder. "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Uh huh." Yuu nodded wholeheartedly, grin still on her face. "It'll be more fun if Jurina finds out on her own, ne?"

"I can almost smell the trouble brewing," Ruka's nose wrinkled at the thought, "Though I can't say I disagree. Come on, we should get back to work. I feel bad for Takamina."

Yuu and Haru cringed at the statement. "We are NOT going anywhere near Gekikara, ya hear?!"

"Yes, I think we are." There was an sudden evil glint in Ruka's eyes. "You should apologize to her for screaming and running away. Very unprofessional."

His friends went hysterical.

"THERE IS NOTHING TO APOLOGIZE ABOUT!"

The otaku looked down on the floor in contemplation as the three waiters left the kitchen (more like two were dragged outside by one). She stroked her chin in earnest. If word somehow got out that one of the teachers of Sansei Gakuen happened to be a former high school deliquent, it would not do the school much good now, would it? So no, Airi decided with a nod, Jurina did not need to know that about Rena-san. No one did.

Airi looked back up with a grin at the puppy bowing with a flourish after taking a stammering, red-faced Rena-san's order. Truth be told, it was hard to believe the waiters' horror stories that the English teacher was a former bloodthirsty yankee. Even if it was so, Rena-san must have had one hell of a 180-degree turn or she was a pro at hiding. But no matter. Her secret was safe for now.

More importantly though, Airi thought, her grin faltering a little, she owed Rena-san a BD and a doujinshi. Also, there was an angry Matsui Jurina in danso on her way to the counter.

"Churi?" Airi stared at the chef with pleading eyes. Akane did not spare her a glance and continued cooking.

"Deal with her yourself."

"Dammit!"

~~~

Mario smiled at the fuming puppy in front of him. Jun's shoulders were shaking from fury and embarassment. Ah, so he figured out  Airi had set him up.

"So? How was it?"

"Level fifteen hotpot and the melonpan special." Jun replied with gritted teeth.

The barista completely lost his poise.

"Level fifteen?!"

Even Haruna paused her game and looked at her best friend in disbelief. They watched in stunned silence as Jun excused himself with a grumble and stormed to the kitchen.

Loud voices were heard from the kitchen as soon as the young boy opened the door with a bang.

"FURUKAWA! I. WILL. KILL. YOU!"

"CHURI! HEEEEELP!"

"Not. Helping!"

"DAMMIT!"

~~~

Today was turning out to be a rather odd day for Rena. First, she went to a danso cafe she was invited to--more like bribed really, and said danso cafe turned out to be the workplace of her old friend's ex who. To top it off, a freshman from Sansei who she only knew by face happened to work here as well and...and she knew it was to be expected in a place like this but did that student just flirt with her?

Needless to say, Matsui Rena was in a state of shock.

"Rena-chan? Are you alright?" Yukirin wave a hand in front of her."Your face is all red."

"H-huh?" Rena blinked rapidly and quickly shook her head. "I-I'm alright," She sputtered, still a bit lightheaded, "I'm o-okay."

Yuki smirked and leaned forward, steepling her fingers. "I've never seen you this flustered."

Rena bowed her head in a bashful manner. Numbly she stared down at her right hand, closing it in a loose fist and opening it again. She recalled the touch of surprisingly soft lips on her knuckles, of the sensation gentle currents of electricity coursing through her arm. She felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up.

It was all so alien to her.

Yukirin's sudden giggle made Rena fidget nervously in her seat. "Looks like someone swept you off your feet."

Rena looked at her friend in alarm. "N-no! I, I-I j-just--"

"Ah. Ahem."

Rena sighed in relief at the timely intervention, though Yukirin was quite displeased.

"Choukoku."

Her unlikely savior gave a respectful nod. Behind Choukoku was Gakuran, peeking cautiously from over the former's broad shoulder.

"Gekikara."

The silence the followed was so uncomfortable it was like reading a smutty manga in a crowded place.

Rena decided to take initiative.

"So, ano--"

Choukoku put a hand up. "Um, we'd like to apologize," she began, "for acting unprofessionally earlier by, ugh, grow some balls Sae--" She lifted Gakuran by the collar and placed the petrified tomboy beside her, "Running away like cowards and, gah, not you too Yuko," The sharp faced waiter reached out again behind her, only to pause when she realized she was grabbing thin air. "...Yuko?"

~~~

"Yuko-san, who--"

"She's not a threat, if that's what you're asking."

"...I see."

"..."

"Yuko-san?"

"Yeah?"

"...Why are you sitting beside me?"

"No way in hell am I going near her!"

~Part 2 no owari~

The yankees' past sounds like fun, no?

Gah, I am not satisfied with the writing here. ><

Offline Lost Heaven

• TwinTowers = Team K
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2014, 05:10:37 PM »
Hahaha~!

I laugh like crazy all this time when I read this chapter!

So, Gekikara met Black, Gakuran, Choukoku and Yuko-san again. Yankee's cool!

Gekikara put a pencil on Gakuran's nose, not Wota's... And this joke about 1 yen. When I saw this episode of AKBINGO! I laughed, but your vision of this... Awesome!

Jun's reaction towards Rena-sensei... Jurina will know about her lovely teacher's past?

Thank you for the update!

Offline NogamiRumi

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • My english is bad, sorry TwT
    • RumiNogami
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2014, 06:07:14 PM »
omg
airin, churi do not save by playing so Jurina xD
"Jurina's got balls."
laugh with this phrase, but it is something that should leave yuko

all ranside of rena, although yuko have a good time in my opinion
hope for progress jurina an rena
and a scene of married couple
churi is a real tsundere :cathappy:

Pd: sorry for my english

Offline FoxKing

• ecchi
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2014, 06:53:52 PM »
 :P
yay gekikara

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aya Hirano - Monstar