JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: L`Arc~en~Ciel - NEXUS 4

Author Topic: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread  (Read 305121 times)

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
Re: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread ("NEW!")
« Reply #360 on: August 29, 2008, 08:34:29 PM »
I got completely immersed in Buffy fanfic (Willow/Tara stuff seeing the forum I was on was completely exclusive to those two)...
Oh gahhh, Willow and Tara! *sobs*

I know :mon cry: When rewatching Buffy now I just skip the end of a certain a episode and then it's like "Oh look, Willow's turned randomly evil for no reason and Tara is laying on the ground, she must be sleeping" :P Nah, I don't actually do that, but I should, lol!

But that reminds me... Being the Buffy geek I am, I went to convention once with Amber Benson (Tara) as one of the guests. Lots of fanfic writers were at it too and they asked her what she thought of the fanfics out there... She said although she doesn't read a lot of them, she thinks its great coz it allows the characters to live on and shows how much the fans care about each character  so much that they immortalize them in the fanfics.
I know it's different seeing it's characters people are writing about but, doesn't it work for real people fics as well... We care so much for and respect the girls so much that we take the time to express that through reading/writing fics and essentially they are immortalized... Think of all the girls in H!P who may not be all that active in their jobs now but still pop up constantly in fics... They may not be all true, but they aren't completely falsified either! How many of the newbies here have learnt more about the members and H!P in general from reading stuff here? I know for me, when I first started reading I knew Melon Kinenbi but no matter how much I tired I couldn't remember the members damn names... All Aboard changed that for me! I know a lot of people have been introduced to the H!P Kids through fics too... So even though I understand the opinion of those who hate the idea of H!P fanfics, aren't we actually doing a favour to the girls by placing them on such a pedestal that we craft a whole world around them, in a non-stalkerish kind of way, for newbies (or future 'generations' as its said around these parts), who aren't familiar with older members, to learn from?

Riiight, so who likes ranting at 4am in the morning? I DO!  :shakeit:

Offline maverickpanda

• Yaguchi&Yossi: awesome begets awesome
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #361 on: August 30, 2008, 12:03:48 AM »
My first encounters with fandom was actually stuff my cousin wrote, back when we were like 14. She was really really into anime and like to cross universes so she and my other cousin wrote really long continuous stories involving, somewhere near 10 different anime universes.  But besides that my first actual fanfiction started with H!P about a month ago. I just got into H!P and my friend who got me into them told me I should read all aboard because of its epicness, and after I finished it, I just decided to read other ones and really liked it. Since I was just reading, I felt bad so then I started wirting and thats about it.

8th gen w00t w00t!  :pandaaa:

(Image of absolute awesome provided by Gloopip Graphix)

Friends are those who walk in when the rest of the world walks out.

Offline slasha

• Member+
« Reply #362 on: August 31, 2008, 02:46:42 AM »
Yay Labor Day is coming! That means I have time to work on my fic.

Are you guys going to work on your fics while on break (For those who celebrate Labor Day)?

Offline heyyouhiya

• Yossisexual
  • Member+
« Reply #363 on: August 31, 2008, 03:16:10 AM »
^ I'm going to try to =D
I'm so glad we have monday off

Offline maverickpanda

• Yaguchi&Yossi: awesome begets awesome
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #364 on: August 31, 2008, 04:02:50 PM »
my school does not acknowledge labor day, it is actually my first day of classes on monday

so sad so I guess ill have to work on school work instead of fanfic

:pandaaa:

(Image of absolute awesome provided by Gloopip Graphix)

Friends are those who walk in when the rest of the world walks out.

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #365 on: August 31, 2008, 05:16:35 PM »
Yay Labor Day is coming! That means I have time to work on my fic.

Are you guys going to work on your fics while on break (For those who celebrate Labor Day)?
I'm so using this long weekend to my advantage!!! XD

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #366 on: September 01, 2008, 02:01:10 AM »
woo~ we have a sub-forum! what kind of fics can go into the library?

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #367 on: September 01, 2008, 02:18:39 AM »
someone already noticed XD

the library will be used for finished fics! that's all...

Offline heyyouhiya

• Yossisexual
  • Member+
« Reply #368 on: September 01, 2008, 03:34:43 AM »
^ Regarding the library if you actually look at the fics half of them were deleted and aren't even there any more (as in the text was deleted)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #369 on: September 01, 2008, 04:35:02 AM »
^
Yep.

As for entries, OTN1's epic "Love X 2" series MUST be added. :yep:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=11131.0

Essy's "All Aboard" must also be there. It's unfinished, but it's still awesomely written! :yep:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=8944.0

There are actually quite a few other fics (most of which are completed) that would be good to keep. :D

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #370 on: September 01, 2008, 05:18:48 AM »
I knew something was different! :lol: I think it's a great idea!

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #371 on: September 01, 2008, 07:43:17 AM »
the library is a great idea!  It's good to have a clear divide between finished and unfinished......but it also made me realize just how many of stories I've read that aren't finished XD 

These are some stories that I know are finished...didn't include one shots in the list though

Morning Battle: Everyone Dies. Even Miki
by Vikitty
Milestone: A Reluctant Idol by DO Me DO Me
Murder, OTN Wrote by OTN1
Scapegoat by inDeceit
The Lines Are Blurred ... by lil_hamz
A Young Girl's Odyssey by rokun
Doki Doki  by bluekinoko + Mikan
Love x 2 by OTN
THREE MONTHS by poets

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #372 on: September 01, 2008, 09:34:00 AM »

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
« Reply #373 on: September 01, 2008, 12:58:40 PM »
lol i knew you were going to bring that up XD

I thought about it...it's like 99.2% finished since it actually ended and then there's the epilogue XD  Just missing that alternative ending.... ^_^;

but it's a good thing you brought it up because you know...*hint hint* *cough* @ poets

Offline takagakifan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^_^
« Reply #374 on: September 01, 2008, 07:42:06 PM »
 :mon exhaust: So not only did my computer break I was too busy working to fix it then school started :frustrated: arrrgggh man but NOPE :cool1: I didn't give up and here I am today LARBOR DAY SHALL BE SPENT CATCHING UP ON ALL THE FANFIC UPDATES/ NEW FF... I mean there couldn't be.... that... man--!!!! :scared: sooo... many.... pink upside down hearts? :tama-uhh: never knew what those were called but those things .... yeah.. anywho..... :on blackhole: :dizzy: nah i can do this *puts on sweatband, turns off phone, and signs off aim* GO! :on study:

p.s what gen am I? (yea i know ya'll have already finished this topic already but...) I mean I only wrote one one-shot recently? but i was a reader/ posted comments here and there before? who knows whichever woohoo that gen!!

p.p.s OH SNAPS! THERE's A LIBRARY!!! COOLBEANS YO!

-EDIT-

.... so my job just called me in and seeing how i love money i couldn't refuse damn house phone but uhh tomorrow maybe hopefully... yea?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 08:52:04 PM by takagakifan »
No one on the corner got swagga like us!

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #375 on: September 02, 2008, 12:46:21 AM »
@ Sukoshi:

the first two stories on your list can be found (completely) @ jpopmusic.com/forums under the old fanfic forum.....

I think Doki Doki was finished but I'm not sure. either way we should have a look at it again just in case.....

and LoveX2many is done it's just in the perv thread. But last time I checked all 163476 stories were in one thread..but I can't be too sure as the writer felt a need to create a gazillion different threads for this story.

also glad you obviously haven't read my fics or I'd be there a good dozen times XD haha take that, list!
I have a porcupine called zazoom, he leaves his scent on peoples' graves.

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #376 on: September 02, 2008, 01:18:27 AM »
Don't forget Our Cursed Gift (the first one)

That's finished~! o-o;

Offline heyyouhiya

• Yossisexual
  • Member+
« Reply #377 on: September 02, 2008, 01:52:27 AM »
*cough* Don't forget Settling is finished too  :D *cough*

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
« Reply #378 on: September 02, 2008, 06:39:27 AM »
@ Sukoshi:

the first two stories on your list can be found (completely) @ jpopmusic.com/forums under the old fanfic forum.....

ah yes this is true but it would be good for our own archive too
it would also be nice if we could repost more stories from jpm over here (it takes forever to find all the chaps to a story without an updated index over there) but then it'd go into the whole writer property thing...which would result in many no nos so forget that I said that...

I think Doki Doki was finished but I'm not sure. either way we should have a look at it again just in case.....

and LoveX2many is done it's just in the perv thread. But last time I checked all 163476 stories were in one thread..but I can't be too sure as the writer felt a need to create a gazillion different threads for this story.

ah no worries Doki Doki is complete.  The last chapter was written April 06, 2007

As for Love x 2 it's complete and has been out in the normal thread for a long time now....The main thread links to all parts of the story...though poor meowchi...this one will probably be the hardest to archive...since a lot of relinking will be involved if all the threads are moved.

also glad you obviously haven't read my fics or I'd be there a good dozen times XD haha take that, list!

ah you're wrong...I have read some of your stuff...except that my list said that I was omitting one shots cause there's too many to name XD  unless I'm missing out on a long story?

@yuuyami my apologies...I saw Curse of the Dragons in the library and I think my brain figured Our Cursed Gift was there too....and to think the only connection is the world Curse but my brain is rusty XD

@heyyouhiya *cough* why yes it is ^_^; *cough*

(excellent story btw...though the ending made me sad....because of the...well..settling...XD)

there we go

A Young Girl's Odyssey by rokun
Doki Doki  by bluekinoko + Mikan
Love x 2 by OTN
Milestone: A Reluctant Idol by DO Me DO Me
Morning Battle: Everyone Dies. Even Miki by Vikitty
Murder, OTN Wrote by OTN1
Our Cursed Gift by Yuuyami
Scapegoat by inDeceit
Settling by heyyouhiya
The Lines Are Blurred ... by lil_hamz
THREE MONTHS by poets

the list is no where near complete so other ppl add your own links too =)

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
« Reply #379 on: September 02, 2008, 10:36:47 AM »
*sukoshi tries to back away from the screen a little*  ^_^;;;;;;

the list I created is for Finished-multi-chaptered-fics....that's why it's so short.  stay doesn't count in this case since it's unfinished XD
as for perv fics I'm not on cookie access here so I haven't named any

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: L`Arc~en~Ciel - NEXUS 4