JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sparta Locals - Kogane Wave

Author Topic: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread  (Read 304553 times)

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
Re: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread ("NEW!")
« Reply #420 on: October 23, 2008, 12:08:58 PM »
^ It's Hammy-sama that you mean, not wings4dreams :P And you don't get to find out the ending till I do missy! Now aren't you glad I made you read Guardian Angel? :D

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #421 on: October 24, 2008, 10:22:06 AM »
lol no wonder I was so confused....I was like when did Wings write a story exactly like Hammy's ? XD 
don't talk about the ending so soon XD  I want the story to have many many chapters to come!

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #422 on: October 30, 2008, 05:29:21 AM »
Oh, dammit. I CANNOT think of a way to start the winter chapter of Kisetsu. :lol: I'm not even exactly sure what I'm going to make it about yet but not being able to start is like :doh:
I'm kinda sad because this is my favorite story to write so far. I want to send it to Bootcamp, but NOT until I'm completely finished.
So, if anyone has any ideas for a start, please tell me. I may or may not use your idea (or at least not all of it >__>) but if I do, I will dedicated the chapter to you. I really do it, just ask ShiyoxYaiba!! :P

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #423 on: November 03, 2008, 04:32:37 AM »
Quote of the flippin year for me:

About the lack of Kame/Jun perv
Quote from: strawb3rrykream
no thunder thighs bumping together???

Oh i looove it, humor me :heart:

Offline maverickpanda

• Yaguchi&Yossi: awesome begets awesome
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #424 on: November 05, 2008, 05:46:40 PM »
man its been forever since I posted in this thread.  Well my quarter is finally coming to an end so opefully I can get back to regular updates of where did it all begin and charmy in wonderland. 

(Image of absolute awesome provided by Gloopip Graphix)

Friends are those who walk in when the rest of the world walks out.

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #425 on: November 06, 2008, 12:46:04 AM »
My Loser-chan and I had a rather... interesting convo xDD

Because of the remarkably similar patterns within our very own fanfiction community and H!P, we decided "DUDE LET'S MATCH MEMBERS TO THEIR COUNTERPARTS" o________o

(PS. Again, that is NOT my Loser-chan's display name, I have Trillian, so I took the liberty of renaming her to something more fitting... :] ........ )

[18:19] Super Duper Fluffy Uke of DOOM: mmm if we were to be compared to the H!P members who would we be..

[18:19] Super Duper Fluffy Uke of DOOM: (of course I read AA)

[18:19] Lovely Yuuchan desu yo~ (  ¯ロ¯    );;: XD

[18:20] Lovely Yuuchan desu yo~ (  ¯ロ¯    );;: Who's going to be Emofag?! O_O

[18:20] Lovely Yuuchan desu yo~ (  ¯ロ¯    );;: Rokun!? XD

[18:20] Super Duper Fluffy Uke of DOOM: LOL

[18:20] Super Duper Fluffy Uke of DOOM: he doesn't have any emoness

[18:20] Lovely Yuuchan desu yo~ (  ¯ロ¯    );;: True, he's not quite like Aichan...

[18:20] Super Duper Fluffy Uke of DOOM: he's all cheers really

[18:20] Lovely Yuuchan desu yo~ (  ¯ロ¯    );;: But I bet not many people know much about him other than us

[18:20] Super Duper Fluffy Uke of DOOM: so he's like...

[18:20] Super Duper Fluffy Uke of DOOM: Abe

[18:20] Lovely Yuuchan desu yo~ (  ¯ロ¯    );;: But they all know he's a veteran

[18:20] Lovely Yuuchan desu yo~ (  ¯ロ¯    );;: xDDD

[18:20] Lovely Yuuchan desu yo~ (  ¯ロ¯    );;: Who's Yuko? xD

[18:20] Super Duper Fluffy Uke of DOOM: hmmm

[18:20] Lovely Yuuchan desu yo~ (  ¯ロ¯    );;: FREYA

[18:21] Lovely Yuuchan desu yo~ (  ¯ロ¯    );;: FREEEEEYAAAAAA

And we kept going on a list of the oldies that maybe half of you never heard of or never read... So I just cut that part of the convo out.... xDDD We kept going, saying Essy-chan was Maki Goto, I was youthful Miki, FeverinducedMadness and my Loser-chan are W, etc etc...

Then my Loser-chan came up with the most epic comparison ever...

[18:27] Super Duper Fluffy Uke of DOOM: JFC feels like tsunku LMAO

[18:27] Lovely Yuuchan desu yo~ (  ¯ロ¯    );;: LOLOLOLOL

[18:27] Lovely Yuuchan desu yo~ (  ¯ロ¯    );;: OH MY GOD

[18:27] Lovely Yuuchan desu yo~ (  ¯ロ¯    );;: YES

[18:27] Lovely Yuuchan desu yo~ (  ¯ロ¯    );;: xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

[18:27] Super Duper Fluffy Uke of DOOM: he practically reads all of our stories and comments

[18:28] Lovely Yuuchan desu yo~ (  ¯ロ¯    );;: Good comments too! XD

[18:28] Super Duper Fluffy Uke of DOOM: he's the great overseer of the section he's practically tsunku

Uh... Yeah... xD GJ JFC-kun! You've been watching over us for God knows how long o____o; Thank you for your l33tness xDDDDD

But yeah, we're both being very silly, don't take the comparisons too personal o-o

And the section's been slow again lately o__o; School must be D< for everyone, nee? xDD But yeah, updated with this convo just because... we wanted to spark something? xDDDD

Who's your H!P equivilant!? O_O

Offline maverickpanda

• Yaguchi&Yossi: awesome begets awesome
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #426 on: November 06, 2008, 01:48:01 AM »
hmmmmmmmmm who would be my H!P equivalent? I would like to say Yossi cause then I would be the bee's knees, but if i were to be realistic...I would go with...Mako.

no particular reason but I think it makes sense.  If you have any comments on the matter feel free.

GO SECTION REVIVAL!

(Image of absolute awesome provided by Gloopip Graphix)

Friends are those who walk in when the rest of the world walks out.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #427 on: November 06, 2008, 06:48:28 AM »
[18:27] Super Duper Fluffy Uke of DOOM: JFC feels like tsunku LMAO

[18:27] Lovely Yuuchan desu yo~ (  ¯ロ¯    );;: LOLOLOLOL

[18:27] Lovely Yuuchan desu yo~ (  ¯ロ¯    );;: OH MY GOD

[18:27] Lovely Yuuchan desu yo~ (  ¯ロ¯    );;: YES

[18:27] Lovely Yuuchan desu yo~ (  ¯ロ¯    );;: xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

[18:27] Super Duper Fluffy Uke of DOOM: he practically reads all of our stories and comments

[18:28] Lovely Yuuchan desu yo~ (  ¯ロ¯    );;: Good comments too! XD

[18:28] Super Duper Fluffy Uke of DOOM: he's the great overseer of the section he's practically tsunku
Oh, sonnuvabitch!
:on lol:

I'm all "verklempt" up in here.
:mon cute:

Ironically enough, I haven't been getting to spend as much time here in the Fic section lately. Normally I'm here on the forum during the evening, and I've grown into the habit of saving the Fic section for last.  Lately I've been getting on later than usual, plus I've just been busy and/or tired.  Good thing next week is a short work week, it'll give me time to catch up (assuming I remember to get my ass in gear). :P

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #428 on: November 06, 2008, 02:02:24 PM »
What? I got mentioned in here again. >_< You should have included the parts about the others too! Makes me feel special or something. :P
You're right probably not many people in here aside from you guys know me much :P but I do have to defend my emo-ness in good part. :P Maybe I don't annoy you guys with it enough. I suppose I should change that. XD Then again, I don't think Abe's too bad a comparison either...

Hmm, I know I've sucked lately at updating here, but this week has been hell with homework, and otherwise I'm spending too much time with Japanese girls, something that of course I don't really plan on changing. :P Looks like I may even be going shopping again with one this weekend...

Offline peti-chan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ai-chan oriented XD
« Reply #429 on: November 07, 2008, 07:43:21 PM »
Geez, it's been such a long time since I've been here  :sweatdrop:  I have to catch up with so many stories :dizzy: And I finally have to update my RenAi  :doh: Though I still don't know when it will happen since school is killing me :badluck: Anyway, sorry for not updating my story and commenting your stories guys :kneelbow:

oh, and my H!P equivilant XD Hmm... maybe Hitomi? Cos she used to be so ungirly and plays futsal :D just like me :lol:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #430 on: November 07, 2008, 09:37:46 PM »
Why am I always Goto Maki in your eyes, Yuuchan?! XD

Personally, I think I'm more like Aika. Haha. I have that kind of image IRL anyway...kind of. Lol.

I'm so tired right now...should stop staying up late to write...lol...

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #431 on: November 07, 2008, 10:01:23 PM »
Actually, I didn't really mean compare yourself to an H!P person by personality per say...

I was actually talking more about the roles people have xDDD Personality has nothing to do with it.

As for Essy-chan, she came when the fanfiction section was doing well, and her presence with AA absolutely blew away the ... forum...o_o...? Kinda like how Maki came in at a perfect time and helped caused a revolution with Love Machine.

As for me, my role's a youthful Miki (as Loser-chan says), I think I'm someone who's known in the forum decently (to an extent), and apparently, I intimidate people xDDDD Whether it's the crazy comment quotas I do or how I tend to critique harshly when I want to, it's pretty Miki-like. And how I grope Loser-chan and many other members without their consent. Hmm. xDDDDD

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #432 on: November 08, 2008, 06:20:58 AM »
Geez, it's been such a long time since I've been here  :sweatdrop:  I have to catch up with so many stories :dizzy: And I finally have to update my RenAi  :doh: Though I still don't know when it will happen since school is killing me :badluck: Anyway, sorry for not updating my story and commenting your stories guys :kneelbow:

oh, and my H!P equivilant XD Hmm... maybe Hitomi? Cos she used to be so ungirly and plays futsal :D just like me :lol:

PETI-CHAN~~~~ *hugs tightly* I missed you!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #433 on: November 08, 2008, 06:30:59 AM »
Actually, I didn't really mean compare yourself to an H!P person by personality per say...

I was actually talking more about the roles people have xDDD Personality has nothing to do with it.
...but we're all simple minded people, that's too hard for us to do! :P
Too much (any) thinking makes our head's hurt you know :(
Although I do see the comparison with the ones you said already :yep: I would have put you as Miki without a second thought XD

Maaan, I don't want to be studying stupid boring stuff anymore, I wanna be reading fics :angry:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 06:52:38 AM by lollipopgirl »

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #434 on: November 11, 2008, 02:39:09 AM »
Fourth gen, really? I mean, did no one read what crap I pooped out? That was so long ago... sigh.

Hi :) to all those who remember me and to all the newbs.

-O_sLaVe

P.S. Estrea, I see you're still kickin it old school with that ava haha.
Can I get any more sentimental than this?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 02:41:21 AM by Owaranai_sLaVe »
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #435 on: November 11, 2008, 05:29:09 AM »
^Ah! Slave! ^_^ Yeah, I'm still doing it old school, no doubt I'm still in love with BoA after all this years. Hehe. How have you been? You haven't really been active here. ^^

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #436 on: November 11, 2008, 07:25:20 AM »
Hi :) to all those who remember me and to all the newbs.

-O_sLaVe
Heeeey, I know you :D Back from when I lurked these parts big time and you were around & from my occasional SNSD section lurking (that you will pretend I never mentioned and we shall never speak of again!).
Stay with us, for the sake of 4th gen :heart:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #437 on: November 11, 2008, 08:31:45 AM »
JFC don't know what it's missing cause he never checks out my stuff XD oh well, I don't care, he's probably still being a sour puss over me being angry @ him for bugging me about my 1st siggie. Stiff Shlt ttho I don't care, he's the one missing out.
Strange. If I remember correctly I was not the one who threw a public spaz fit over the Sig thing despite the fact that it was obviously over the permitted size limit.  The sig rules are something that apply to EVERYONE here (even the Mods and Admins).  The Sig that you had at the time broke those rules, plain and simple. I could have simply reported you to the staff, but instead I told you directly what the problem was so that you could fix it yourself instead of having someone on the staff tell you to fix it. Funny thing is, in the end, a staff member ended up having to tell you to fix it anyway.

In case you forgot how it happened:
a) I pointed out that your Sig exceeded what the forum rules state is the maximum permitted size, then
b) you spazzed about the fact that I pointed out that your Sig was too big (almost to the point of your post appearing like a temper tantrum), THEN
c) one of the Mods here came and backed ME up on it, pointing out that I was correct about your Sig being too big. This staff member also said that you INDEED needed to fix/resize your Sig AND that you needed to take a chill pill about it (I'm obviously paraphrasing with that last bit).

So it's pretty obvious who was "being the sour puss" then, as you put it.

As for your fics, I check them out. I just haven't commented on any of them. While I've always been a fan of creative writing (something that's kind of helpful when you're an English teacher like me), even I can only do so much before mental exhaustion kicks in.  I have to review/edit/grade enough creative writing pieces amongst the students I teach, and as such I want to cut back on it when I'm at home and not in the classroom.

EDIT:
BTW, the correct expression is "JFC doesn't know". Saying "JFC don't know" is improper grammar, which is something that a writer should be trying to avoid.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 08:37:31 AM by JFC »

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #438 on: November 11, 2008, 08:58:14 AM »
EDIT:
BTW, the correct expression is "JFC doesn't know". Saying "JFC don't know" is improper grammar, which is something that a writer should be trying to avoid.

Nice shot. Lol. I don't know what happened, and frankly, I'm not too bothered. I'm here to write and occasionally read. Internet drama is not on my list of priorities, I have enough real life drama to deal with. XD

Moving away from an unpleasant topic, what does everyone think about our fanfic forum? ^_^ I mean, we're probably one of the more prominent (?) English-based H!P fanfic forums? I know H!O just set up their own not too long ago, and JPM had a fanfic community before one came here, but just, you know, wanted to see what you guys thought.

Personally I think the fanfic section's come a long way, although I think we could still do better. There's a number of promising talents here, we just all need more polishing and practice to get better.

It would also help if the lurkers, you know, stopped lurking and comment a bit. It's good motivation for the writers, although I sometimes wish that sycophancy was less prevalent...ah well, personal quirk there. I just happen to feel that sometimes, we have too much blind worship going on instead of criticism when and where it was needed. It's like we're all too nice to each other (most of the time :P). I dunno, maybe we should create a White List (something I picked up from another forum XD) of people who want to hear the unvarnished truth? God knows I need people to tell me what I'm doing wrong, or else I'll never get any better if I continue assuming that everything's fine.

But yeah, random two cents. My head hurts. Excuse the babbling.

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #439 on: November 11, 2008, 09:37:24 AM »
EDIT:

Nice shot. Lol. I don't know what happened, and frankly, I'm not too bothered. I'm here to write and occasionally read. Internet drama is not on my list of priorities, I have enough real life drama to deal with. XD
I never really considered this to be drama to begin with. It happened a few months back and I hadn't even thought about it until sweeety brought it back up and decided to talk about it again.

Regardless of whether it was too big or not it's not your bussiness to tell me off and if you wanted to go on a powertrip you should've just told off someone who's otherwise forced to pay attention to you.
Try talking to daigong and asking him about how you can put me on your "Ignore" list (assuming, of course, that SMF has that function/option).  That way you won't have to look at any of the posts that I make.  Once I'm on your "Ignore" list, the only way you'll be able to see my posts is if someone else quotes them.

Fourth, you're the one that hasn't let it go and ever since then even if I said something nice to you or something you've been a huge jerk and ignored me. I  may have shown a proverbial white flag because it's not worth it to have these mean angry bottled up feelings or whatever but you were being a huge jerk about it and acting like I didn't exist so yeah you kinda managed to piss me off again.
Remember, you were the one that brought the whole thing up again with your previous post in this thread. If you hadn't done that, I wouldn't have replied to it. So don't go throwing another tantrum when you get burned by a fire that you lit yourself.

As for the fics. Knowing that you are biased as all hell when reading them I do not even think about taking seriously anything you've said about them. Also you must be a very shitty English teacher because of all the intentional spelling mistakes I've made you've only managed to pinpoint and try to humiliate me with one of them.
If real life experience has told me anything, it's that kids who make comments like that are the ones who don't like their teachers to begin with.

You really don't know anything about me or my fics and tonight when you're crying yourself to sleep or thinking you've won this battle, I'm going to be -as you said- 'taking a chill pill' because you're not worth it and crying/getting angry over the hurtfull things you've said or the horrible way you're treating me is not worth it either so I'll just be having fun forgetting you and all the things you've done. Because frankly I'm better than this.
Can't remember the last time I've actually cried, man it's been a long time. Anyway, as long as you actually do take the chill pill, then it's all good.

P. S. (aka post script, English teacher like you should know but then again there's so many things you don't so thought I might enlighten you a bit there) If you don't like my stories, don't read them.
Remember, you were the one who first made the comment about how you thought I wasn't reading them. I never said that I didn't like them, I just said that I read them, but didn't comment. There's a whole lot of difference there.  "Not commenting" does not mean "not liking". You're the one that made that assumption just now.

I also knew that "JFC don't know" was a grammatical error but you also failed to realise that the post was written in an easygoing mood ergo the mistakes were plentyfull and onvious.
Yeah, that's what a lot of my other students have told me.

While you're at it, mind fixing your own mistakes?
 and my quote was "being a sour puss" not "the sour puss". I never claimed you were the only "sour puss" ergo the occurence of "the" in your sentence is not justified.
Being a little petty now, are we?

It's paraphrashing. It's similar to making a quote but does not require exact "word for word" repetition.

I'm off to bed, but feel free to keep this up if you like. I've got the day off tomorrow so I'll have plenty of time to respond.

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sparta Locals - Kogane Wave