JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aiko - Rozy

Author Topic: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread  (Read 305060 times)

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread
« Reply #920 on: January 12, 2010, 05:39:26 PM »
^Don't mind stefy, she has the emotional maturity of a 10 year old boy. Which means that she still thinks love is icky. :P

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #921 on: January 13, 2010, 02:47:32 AM »
OI! What was THAT for?!

But love really IS icky~ ...

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #922 on: January 13, 2010, 06:02:33 AM »
See! I was right! :P

Nothing wrong with telling the truth~

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Beecubed

• Charmy Follower 4 Life. <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am of IshiYoshi faith.
« Reply #923 on: January 26, 2010, 04:45:33 PM »
Whatever love is, WITHOUT it, this world would be seriously messed up. Love and compassion is what pulls us through.

ANYWAYS.

I'm here because I've pretty much read every IshiYoshi thing here (or not, I might have missed something!).

I'm ready to embrace other H!P pairings now...

So, I'd like to be given some fanfic recommendations. There seems to be a lot of good ones floating around here at JPH!P, but I don't know which ones to get into. So when you do recommend, please give me a brief summary of what the story is about.

Thanks!  :love:

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
« Reply #924 on: January 26, 2010, 05:30:03 PM »
-clears throat- Embrace ReinAi and a little TakaGaki... in Estrea's Nanchatte Renai. It's already finished up and she's writing an alternate version of it called Destiny Love, but I'll give you the plot of Nanchatte ReinAi Renai. :)

It takes place in present day, but instead of the girls being in Morning Musume, Ai and Reina are models. Both girls clearly seem to have some sort of feelings for each other, but because of past events, they do not date. Instead are just 'there' for each other, if you catch my drift. Currently, Ai is dating Niigaki, who is finally moving in with Ai...

I suck at descriptions, but I don't wanna give away too much. It's a really good read. :D

PS - Hi. I'm Essy's pimp. :pimp:
[All hail AiButt! Sig by Dinny!]

Offline Beecubed

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #925 on: January 28, 2010, 05:21:38 AM »
Thanks for the recommendation, Sai  :thumbsup

Sounds really angsty. Just my kind of thing! Hehheee..

Off to read it.  :heart:

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #926 on: February 12, 2010, 12:32:56 PM »
This thread needs a bump :D Lets discuss a new topic...

What's your fav pairing(s) in the fanfic world & why 8)

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #927 on: February 12, 2010, 07:33:38 PM »
To be honest, I wish I could write more about this couple, GakiKame, because the relationship between those two is like a manzai group and it is more a joy for me to write about them as that sort of tsukkomi and boke type roles.  Although I could think both could play opposite roles if they choose to do so.
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #928 on: February 12, 2010, 10:43:44 PM »
^
lol i agree with u, and it is true XD risa and eri always switch those roles with eachother XD suposively if risa says something dumb or that eri doesnt like, eri usualy (playfuly)slaps her XD she said it in 5 starts XD

my fave pairing if you havent guessed already is takagaki XD why?.....well they're just so awesome XD i mean they're just such a cute couple that i just cant describe it XD

idk ^^:
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #929 on: February 15, 2010, 07:16:00 PM »
My favorite pairing is ReinAi. XD As if that isn't obvious enough. But generally I'm good with Ai x anyone. :lol:

Why do I like ReinAi? Well...they're hot. >_> Individually and together. :P Ok shallow reasons aside, I think it's intriguing how they would work together because well...they don't fit in obvious ways like the traditional TakaGaki pairing. They're so different, but somehow they seem to get along without too much trouble. They might not understand each other, but they offer different ways of looking at things to each other. It's like different parts of a puzzle, putting them together. It's not easy to write them true to character and still let them be together, yet somehow it's very fulfilling when they go past friends and become lovers (at least in a fictional world XD). I think I like it best because it's truly challenging to make them work out properly. Too many things can go wrong for them, so...

I'm a sucker for tumultuous relationships. :D TakaGaki is really sweet and fluffy and adorable, but really boring when you put them together. They don't have the same aggressive energy that Reina adds to the equation. ReinAi might try to kill each other in an argument, but they'll probably have really really good makeup sex, if you know what I mean. :P It's more exciting that way I think. XD

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #930 on: February 15, 2010, 08:13:04 PM »
I loves me some TakaGaki. :heart: They just seem to fit so well together...in more ways than one. :twisted: Yeah, they might seem boring or "safe" but...damn, if you could get inside my mind...they get pretty reckless. XD
While they're my favorite pairing...I'm pretty open to other ones too. I do think that ReinAi is fucking sexy and GakiKame is adorable. You know, why limit yourself to one pairing when you can have TONS of awesomeness with other too? In fact, I'm a fan of TakaGaki, ReinAi, GakiKame, TanaKame, MikiAi (So hot!), FujiGaki (*drools*), TanaGaki, AiEri...you name it, I'll probably like it. XD Call me easy but really, I like nearly anyone together with anyone else.
I do have my limits though...like something totally weird and crazy probably wouldn't float my boat. :nervous

Offline Retro Bubble

• Me, Me, Me
  • Member+
  • That One Night
« Reply #931 on: February 16, 2010, 03:31:18 AM »
Well, I've got quite a number of pairings I like, and, I'm not gonna lie, almost all of them include Aichan. (Dude! She has chemistry with pretty much any Hello!Project member in my eyes, lol.) But, of course, I've got my favorites as well.

ReinAi - Obviously. Not only do they look super hot together, but they also have some undeniably fiery chemistry with one another. I like the way they balance out each other's personality -- one spirited kitten and the other a calm tiger; now, you don't see that often with other pairings. The whole "opposites attract" thing can be applied to them as well.

AiEri - I have no idea why I like them so much, but, goshdarnit, they just look so farkin' sweet together! I'm guessing it must have something to do with the fact that I think it's absolutely adorable when someone as seemingly aloof as Aichan dotes on a person as bubbly and airheaded as Eri. That's seriously the image I have of their relationship, lol.

AiHarem - Not necessarily a pairing, but I just had to include it because I just find it A LOT of fun reading about Aichan being the object of desire of numerous girls. It's the Mr. MoonlAiT effect!

(Gosh, I'm so biased...)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 03:46:11 AM by Retro Bubble »

Offline Kuji

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • amqersand
« Reply #932 on: February 17, 2010, 02:37:23 PM »
There's so many ReinAi-ists in this thread I'm almost afraid to jump in. I've always found 'shipping to be good fun though so... here we go. :sweatdrop:

#1 has to be TakaGaki all the way for me. I think you have to look below the layer of cute and fluffy to find the interesting aspects of this pairing. The interesting thing about them is that they make it look easy, safe and completely stable which may equate to boring to some but really, what we should realize is that "ordinary happiness" is one of the hardest things in the world to achieve. How many people out there are "simply happy" with their relationships? I don't know many or any, so it makes me think what goes on behind TakaGaki in a universe where they're together.

It's not their supposed prefection that makes me like them as a couple but the possible hidden flaws that are so much less obvious than the ones other pairings have that make them appealing. I'm a fan of the subtle, what can I say?

GAM. Who can forget the utter win that is (yes, present tense. They still win.) GAM? Do I need to explain this? I hope not. I'm not going to. I just love them.

TanaShige is another one I like though it seems to be one of the underrepresented pairings. Not surprising considering the scant glimpses we get of these two interacting but when we see it, there's definitely potential.

Have to give honourable mentions to GakiKame, KameShige, GakiShige and ReinaxMaki too.

Oh and since no one has mentioned any of the Berryz工房 or °C-ute pairings, I'll do so as well.

First has to be.... MiyaSaki (thanks to rokun). It really helps that they seem really close and thus offer lots of material to take off from. Also this is the pairing where I can see Miyabi doing the admiring first, whereas with others, I see someone falling for Miyabi first. Also, this is one of the only Captain pairings that works in my head though maybe this would change if there were actually others.

Airi and Nakky... which has never been written but gosh darn it, I want to read this. I just do. It'd be awesome and Nakky deserves some love after they rhymed her photobook with 'tacky'. Okay, so I can't really say much more than 'it'd be so cuuuuute!' but that's a good reason.

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #933 on: February 17, 2010, 10:24:39 PM »
OK, second attempt replying because my browser died the first time and I lost everything. T_T >_<

Lol, Nine you and your long posts, but I like to read them. ^_^ You've mentioned some interesting stuff about TakaGaki that I haven't thought about. This makes TakaGaki to me even cuter.

I like GAM too they're just really funny, cute, and other stuff I'm sure anyone can think of.

Alright, well my favorite pairing, as if it hasn't been obvious enough, is KameShige. I know that not many people like them because either they're too much of a TanaKamei fan or consider their friendship just a sisterly friendship, but I think together they're so cute and work well together. Also they're really funny too. I like that Sayu takes care of Eri and loves all the flaws about Eri such as her messy room and weirdness. As for Eri she can rely on Sayu and cares for her also. Besides, best friends can be more than best friends. ^_^

The other pairings I do like also are TakaGaki, TanaShige, GakiShige, AiEri, and there's more but I won't put a long list. lol The three pairings mentioned I like them because it isn't commonly written. I've noticed I tend to like pairings like that except for TakaGaki because they're just so cute. I think they're also a perfect match.

Offline Beecubed

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #934 on: February 18, 2010, 06:39:10 AM »
Upon entering this H!P world, my favourite idol has always been Rika, so it's a no-brainer that my no.1 pairing would be IshiYoshi - reality or fanfic world  8)

I also have a bit of a soft spot for Charmikitty - and though IshiYoshi has to be the more awesome couple, Charmikitty just edges ahead in the hotness factor  :oops:

I've also been reading bits and pieces (one-shots, drabbles etc.) of other couples too, and my interest in them has translated to real life and I'm finding myself watching various youtube clips and catching up on some history...

I adore TakaGaki. For one thing, their adorable friendship is really something to envy... and then there's also that little bit of 'something' going on between them - you notice it every now and then. Heaps of clips I saw of them on youtube, and I just can't help but feel very strongly for them!

I also like KameShige, with similar reasons to the above... c'mon, turtle and bunny. Can't get much cuter than that  :wub:

In general, I think Ai goes with anybody. She's just that kind of person I guess.

:heart:

Offline Hotaru

• stan dreamcatcher
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SNH48
    • deukkae
« Reply #935 on: February 28, 2010, 05:45:47 AM »
@Retro: LMAO, AiHarem. XD

Uh...

JunAi-Everyone knows I love this pairing. :P I guess it's because they are so naughty together. XD (Not to be pervy here, but it's the monkey and banana lover we're talking about it.) Also, it's because I absolutely love rare pairings. :P

TanaShige-IT'S ALL HAMMY'S FAULT. And I blame it on those OPVs. They're very cute together. <3

YajiSuzu-After reading all these fics and seeing how well they interact with each other, I'm officially a YajiSuzu supporter. <3

YuriChii-After watching the "Tomodachi wa Tomodachi Nanda"/"Ryuusei Boy" PVs, I've always liked this pairing. <3

MomoRii-I started liking them after reading a fanfic about those two. :)

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #936 on: March 18, 2010, 03:14:09 PM »
I always had a feeling I started getting distanced from TakaGaki because there simply was beginning to have TOO MUCH OF IT.

Seriously. 3 years ago you could barely find sight or sound of a fic for them. Now you can trip over them. Literally. They're everywhere. It's like the old Ishiyoshi/GAM phenomenon. I guess I just got...sick of it?

Besides, at the risk of sounding snobby, with the wide influx of new stories, the quality in general goes down. Fandom caters to the bottom line. I've seen it happen in way too many other fandoms, where a sudden burst of popularity results in a rush of new fics, but the overall quality drops like a rock. There are still gems out there, but eventually I just get impatient and tired of the pairing. Well, maybe I just get more picky about it now that there's more to choose from, whereas with rarer pairings you literally just have to take what you can get.

But yeah. Mini rant over. Haha. I still read TakaGaki by some of my favorite writers (in Chinese, lol), but as a whole I just don't touch the pairing much at all anymore. They're overdone. >_> It'll take something really good to get my attention now. Haha.

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #937 on: March 18, 2010, 09:56:05 PM »
^
i kinda get what you mean...i mean for me, the story and how the person writes it is what get's me to love the pairing. i mean, i know my writing sucks and its not the best, but i like how my current fics and oneshots are going for my fave. pairing.
just cus you can slap takagaki or any other pairing on it doesnt mean that its all good, so for me it's still hard to find some good ones(minus yours essy,and rndy's and a whole bunch of other awesome writers on here)

....did that make sense or did i go off topic?? XD
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #938 on: March 19, 2010, 08:30:14 PM »
Canon pairings. I dunno, I also see your point, but at the same time I fear having a drought of Takagaki. I remember when Ishiyoshi was my fav pairing, but it's hard to find hide nor hair of them around here anymore. Or GAM, since no one could beat OTN1's epic GAM fics, I guess I hold all GAM fics to that standard.

Much as I hate to admit it, RenAi is cute, though I'll prolly only read from a few writers I trust to get the dynamic right. Now I'm scouring for some Tanagaki, my new fav crack.

But coming back to Takagaki, there's just something about them, like they could work, but at the same time, I could see them going through a lot to make it so. I dig turmoil fics, I guess, with just enough happiness in it to give me hope.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #939 on: March 20, 2010, 03:54:26 AM »
I'm tempted to do Ishiyoshi again some day, and do it right (at least, my version of right). It's been a while since good Ishiyoshi fics have been around.

I still like GAM, but no one beats Commie/OTN1's epic universe, so I won't aspire to that. XD

TakaGaki...I dunno...maybe I might come back to it after recovering from the overdose. Haha. I'm pretty much an Ai fan, so basically...Ai x anyone appeals to me. :P My recent favorite crack would be Ai/Aika. >_> I be working on that a widdle soon. :lol:

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aiko - Rozy