JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Smap - Sekai ni Hitotsu Dake no Hana

Author Topic: Android  (Read 51025 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Android
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2012, 08:54:09 PM »
Osnap! They've FINALLY got an Android version of Temple Run! :thumbsup
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.imangi.templerun&feature=search_result

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline set_burner

• Feel to Follow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2012, 02:14:15 AM »
android noob, reporting in. quite clueless on what's the coolest apps or games to have, i'm surrounded by apple fans.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2012, 07:36:06 AM »
^ Jobs clones you mean  XD

Just think different!  :rofl:

Offline qwertyroxz

« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2012, 05:37:45 PM »
android is awesome!!!

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2012, 09:45:49 AM »
android is awesome!!!

your face is awesome!

man I'm so not a geek..FINALLY COPPED AN ANDROID, the Nexus S last month thinking I could do some programming with it and couldn't even get past the first step XD to unlock / root it.

like I was so happy entering my info, then turned it off and it was locked. Sim card and all.

tried to do a reboot recovery with some mega hacks

and just got it stuck here.

followed like all these tips from http://nexusshacks.com (thx diav for the link <3)

spent days trying to get a USB driver to do this hack and couldn't install the drive till this FINALLY WORKS
http://www.mobisynapse.com/forum/topic/how-to-installing-the-usb-driver-for-nexus-one-and-nexus-s

except it doesn't recognize it when it's at the bootloader screen :tama-mad: maybe cuz I'm still on XP

must've missed a step somwhere lol.

last resort: http://www.edmontonunlock.com/Rates.php

I'ma just wait for them to drop 5 Nexuses in November or get the GIII :fap

MOTIVATION

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2012, 08:16:20 AM »
June 20th is rumoured GS3 date in Canada. I may steal my wife's upgrade for myself, seeing as I've bought her two phones already.

Offline Ichigo_Pantsu

• "The Penetrator"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I'm a lover not a fighter!
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2012, 05:30:26 PM »
uhm may I ask you guys which among these smartphones is bang for the buck and why, if possible based it on your own usage..I plan to buy a new phone as a replacement for my softbank 707scII (yeah I know its old and low-tech but I treasured it very much :yep:)

for the high-ends
galaxy s3/optimus 4x HD/htc one x/ any sony(?)

mid-range
galaxy s2/prada 3.0/optimus L7 & L5/xperia P & S

entry level
optimus L3/xperia u

*kindly correct me if I put a phone under a wrong category (mid-range/high end/entry level)

Thanks for those who'll reply  :twothumbs

Offline hound

« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2012, 05:54:50 AM »
^ sgsII already in mid end.. Just bought my sgs2 in january and then theres sgsIII coming...

Sent from my GT-I9100

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2012, 02:54:32 AM »
Midend or not, I'm thinking of getting the SII as it's cheap and Rei-chan got one :P Dem SIII and Note 2 are huge as fuck, AND IT COMES IN PINK!! Get it off Yesasia  :jphip:

Like SHIT that I got my Nexus S unlocked was amazing. FUCK. I didn't even play around with it much until OH man FUCK sent my Nexus S into the shop to get it fixed cuz I had tried to OTA update to Ice Cream Sandwich and BOOM it fizzled and bricked like a fuck. the USB detected it but could not start it. Sent to shop, and they said OH MAN we still working on it, a week later they go OH HEY we got these firmware box (like these http://www.gsm-technology.com/index.php/en_US,details,id_pr,8371,menu_mode,categories.html) and oh, they didn't have the wire!! SO week later last nite I'm like fuck it, I'll take it back. One exasperated tech came like 'We can't fix it, here's your phone' and one look, THIS AINT MY PHONE. it was some greasy piece of shit, he goes back and later - he's your phone. AGAIN THIS AINT MY PHONE. They'd call me back but hey, last time I ever take my phone to dem rooting cell phone fix it shops. Good thing I got my box so I got my IMEI

:tama-mad:

Just copped me a cheap as fuck tablet running ICS. E-FUN Nextbook Android ICS 4.0 Tablet 7in Capacitive Multi Touch 1GHz 512MB 5GB MicroSD Cam WiFi for only 79 bucks.

• Google Android OS 4.0.3 and flash 11 - The NextBook is preloaded with the Google's powerful Linux-based Android operating system 4.0.3 designed specifically for tablets. Now, NextBook supports Adobe flash 11. You can play, listen and surf and never miss a beat!
  • WiFi & SD card compatible, and OTA - Your Next7P12 come with built-in WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, you can surf the World Wide Web faster than ever. Your new Next7P12 is also equipped with 4GB internal memory that can support up to 32GB via the expansion slot. With new OTA capability, you will be automatically prompted when new updates are available. Specifications
  • Operating System - Google Android
  • OS Version - Icecream Sandwich 4.0
  • Accessories - AC Power Adapter, USB Cable, Carrying PouchFeatures

planned to use as an e-reader instead of buying 175 buck textbook, ALMOST got a Nexus 7 but shit was sold out :lol: hurry! NCIX still have em in stock at this price: http://ncix.com/products/?sku=71242&promoid=1084

Nexus 7 is STILL tempting, like stock Android and Tegra 3

Plus Linus approves :P

Offline mrhomiec

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2012, 04:52:20 AM »
the Nexus 7 are in stock by me. but i'm trying to get rid of my ASUS Transformer TF101 first before picking up the Nexus 7. but no one around here is willing to adopt an almost one-year old device.  :banghead:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2012, 12:04:58 AM »
How about the new Kindle Fire line? The 8.9" HD looks pretty swell, especially for only 300. The 7" HD for $200 looks real tempting, though. There's also the Fire SD, which only runs 159 now :panic: Amazon sure is gunning for an even more massive portion of the tablet market share, I reckon.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/09/amazon-shows-off-new-kindle-fire-shipping-sept-14-for-159/

Offline mrhomiec

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2012, 04:56:52 AM »
today's unveiling is definitely some hot new buys.

but i'm not a fan of Amazon's custom skin over Android. even with rooting, they always find a way to shut people out.

i finally sold my ASUS Transformer TF101, so i picked up the Nexus 7 and i love it. no regrets.

UPDATE: all the free stuff you get with your Nexus 7 purchase. http://www.mrhomiec.com/google-play-store-apps/
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 05:49:33 AM by mrhomiec »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2012, 08:46:01 AM »
^ DoPE... they always giving away free gift cards with phone plans, better look out for those. How is SwiftKey? I should cop the free one

Man I heard bout dem ads in the Kindle, they got good reading abilities? This Nextbook is pretty dope, doesn't lose connectivity - but the GetJar got no apps at all - no access to the Google Play store so ghetto XD but serves its purpose - being an e-reader for cheap.

FUCK LMFAO I ain't gonna name names but FUCK man serves me right for bringing my Nexus S to a fix it shop that looks like a internet gaming / banner making / website creation / was there auto insurance too? They couldn't fix my phone, lost my phone, even when I had the IMEI I was like sssshit whatever, I gotta move forward.  WAS THIS CLOSE to getting whatever Galaxy Nexus on a cheap plan 40 bucks 250 MB data at Fido but lol okay. I'm a wait:

[Exclusive] Galaxy S4 due in February

Samsung plans to unveil new device at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona

By Kim Yoo-chul

Samsung Electronics plans to unveil the latest in its Galaxy line, the S4, at a European technology exhibition in February, according to company officials and local parts suppliers for the technology giant.

The timetable was released just three days after rival Apple introduced the iPhone 5, which has received a mixed response from industry experts and consumers as it is seemingly lacking in innovative features.

``Samsung is ready to unveil the next Galaxy smartphone _ the Galaxy S4 _ at early next year’s mobile world congress (MWC) in the Spanish city of Barcelona,’’ said an official from the firm asking not to be identified, Sunday. The new device is expected to hit shelves globally in March at the latest.

MWC is the biggest exhibition in the world for telecom companies and Samsung, will exhibit the new Galaxy at its booth.

The new Galaxy, expected to be the firm’s most powerful handset yet in terms of hardware specifications and software advancement, will help the Suwon-based outfit further cement its leadership in the global smartphone market.

and

Quote from: mobilesyrup
Samsung Galaxy “Premier” expected to launch in November, runs Jelly Bean
According to a User Agent Profile was posted on Samsung’s website confirms the device is in the works, plus shows the display having a resolution of 1280×720. In addition, a full spec breakdown has been found online and named this Android as the Samsung Galaxy “Premier.”

- 4.65-inch display HD
 - MSM7227A-1 Turbo Single 1GHz
 - HSDPA 7.2/5.76 900/2100
 - EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
 - 8MP (2.0 Mega for VT call)
 - 8 GB/16 GB + microSD (up to64 GB)
 - Jelly Bean
 - MicroUSB
 - 3.5mm Earjack
 - BT 4.0
 - Wi-Fi 80211 a/b/g/n
 - A-GPS
 - Battery – TBD
 - 133.97×68.1×8.8

The Premier is expected to be available mid-November, but no details the carriers launching it. Samsung trademarked the “Premier,” along with a slew of other Galaxy names, back in March.

Source: PocketNow
 Via: UberGizmo
 Via: http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/09/17/samsung-galaxy-premier-expected-to-launch-in-november-runs-jelly-bean/

and an Galaxy S2 Plus? fuck I would go for the premier, so fuckin hard to keep up :lol:

any good games? I wanna get NBA Jam but it took forever to DL. This egg game looks tasty: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.roundsoft.tamago

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2012, 07:07:04 AM »
FUCK YES. :lol: Like Rika, who got an iphone 5 I got a new phone too!

copped a 250 MB data plan Free Phone, Caller ID, Voice message, unlimited evening / weekends. 150 minutes, that's nuff. I got Apps. :jphip: all for 40 bucks via Fido. just the basics m'am. didn't wanna be paying $19-30 for a v235 anymore.

AND BOOM! instant update to 4.1.1 who knows when Jelly Bean will drop?

so far so good, it automatically synced my settings from my last shit phone...which I sold for 20 bucks for parts. "It's fried" said the dude, "Yeah, gimme money XD"

AND SHIT! 25 cent sale on 25 Billion Apps Celebration, I copped MAdden 12 - ends tmr!

Let's install Nachdenki apps  :pimp:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2012, 12:24:29 AM »

When I first saw this, my first thought was "What if, in response to this, Apple developed it's very own gaming system just so that it could have it's own propietary controller that could do the same thing for the iPhone?" :huhuh

Then I  :lol:'ed.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline vampireape

• ecchi
  • Do you really care?
« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2012, 01:14:57 AM »
I wanna get a Nexus 4, but they don't even sell it in my country, so I have to resort to other countries, but it's out of stock everywhere

Offline vampireape

• ecchi
  • Do you really care?
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2013, 10:59:33 PM »
I have it, I have it the Nexus 4 soo happy right now

Offline RubyDL

• ecchi
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2013, 03:59:22 AM »
Waiting for my friend to get his Nexus 4 then I will decide how much I like it!

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2013, 01:54:17 AM »
Grabbed this the other day.

HTC J Butterfly
English Wiki

Might have a gay name and all, but this thing is a brute.  8)

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2013, 06:07:26 PM »
Ordered the Nexus 4 a week ago, still waiting on it. C'mon baby, Amplifier needs his first smartphone.

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Smap - Sekai ni Hitotsu Dake no Hana