JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Red Velvet - Time Slip

Author Topic: A Thing Called Happiness(UPDATE 7/22)  (Read 8948 times)

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
A Thing Called Happiness(UPDATE 7/22)
« on: March 15, 2011, 01:23:01 AM »
Title: A Thing Called Happiness

CHAPTER 1

“Reina, I told you already!” Eri shouts. “The answer is no!”

I think this is the first time I've ever seen her angry. She would normally be so passive and calm. That's changed lately a lot how our relationship has. I do feel guilty causing her to feel so frustrated and upset, but I have the same emotions too.

I can understand, but this still doesn't mean I won't be persistent. I know that's wrong of me too. I can't just let go.

I can't accept what's just happened to me and Eri. It's a little too difficult to swallow even though it's happened what feels like years ago. As my last resort to win Eri over, I come to visit her almost everyday and beg, just like this. Every time I come to Eri about our relationship she will get sad and almost cry.

I think now she's just fed up with the tears. I gulp, feeling myself about to cry instead. Does this mean we're really over? I clear my throat to try and talk again.

“Please...Eri we need to talk.” I beg. “I'm sorry, okay?! I-I didn't mean to hurt you.”

Eri turns away from me and seeing her do that makes a strange throb in my chest appear. I clutch tightly on to the railing of Eri's porch. What I'm feeling has to be one of the worse feelings I've ever had. It's much worse than the day I caused Eri to go currently blind. I want to cry, but at the same time I want to yell, scream, kick, and even hit Eri.

These are all feelings I've felt whenever I got angry, but since I've came to Tokyo I no longer act on impulses to these feelings anymore. It still doesn't mean that I don't feel hurt, but I try to still mask it. I still feel that I need to remain tough.

I stare at my feet to not show my weakness. I spoke my most honest words with all my sincerity, but I don't think that will cut it. I remove my hand from the rail and that seems to get Eri's attention enough to look at me. I slowly look up, afraid at what I'll find when I look at Eri's face.

“I love you Eri.” I proudly say. “And I know for the pass six months all I've done is hurt you. I understand your choice.” I pause to recollect my feelings.

My chest is aching again. There's a long pause and I know that with her these pauses aren't good. It makes me worry, but the whole few seconds I wait for Eri to say something she doesn't.

And that makes things a lot worse. She has no more power or energy to argue with me. She's given up...with everything, me and our relationship.

“I've always loved you.” I confirm.

What else can I say? If Eri really gave up, why should I continue to fight? I've done all I can. I turn around and walk away.

I can feel Eri's eyes on me as I move. It makes it more difficult to walk away, but I push myself to continue. Isn't this what Eri wants?

When I notice that I'm on the street I don't feel any better. I want to go back to Eri and beg her to take me. I wish we never were apart. That we never broke up. I really do love Eri and I know I made huge mistakes. I wasn't thinking.

I went into a spiral and at the time I didn’t care about Eri. I was so sad. In the past four years, I've graduated high school, entered college, got a job, and lost both my father and uncle in the same month. There have been many things in my life that happened and changed. Now to add to my list, I've lost Eri.

She broke up with me two weeks ago, but it still feels like it just happened yesterday. It's my fault that this happened. I was too busy with classes, my job, and then two of my family members dying just made everything worse. I just sort of...shutdown. Eri had every right to feel hurt, angry, and to leave me.

I sigh, feeling like drowning my sorrow in a bunch of yakiniku and television shows. I enter my house and go straight to the kitchen. I got this house after my uncle died. It was in his will for me to have it if he were to suddenly die. I guess he wanted to make sure I had a good start once I got my degree.

Too bad when he died the mortgage wasn't completely paid off, so now I have to take care of that. That's just another problem in my life. Living in this house kind of makes me feel that I'm growing up too fast, although I've always hated that and want to remain thirteen, I just can't.

The second I got the house I was a little excited. I had my own place and this meant Eri can move in with me. I really looked forward to that and now I  just live alone in a three story house. Well...not completely alone, I still have Yuka.

I stomp into the kitchen and peer inside my refrigerator. I take the meat stocked on the first rack and prepare myself to cook it. I hear a familiar meow on the counter and turn around.

“Hi Yuka.” I reply. “I haven't been having a good day.”

She meows again and gets down from the counter to rub against my leg. Sometimes, I'm glad I have Yuka because I know she'll be there to let me hug her and make me not feel lonely. Especially since I've been away from my friends mostly because of college.

I miss them too though. I finish cooking my meal and take it with me to the living room. It's not like I'll gain any weight when I eat this. My metabolism is fast. I take a seat on the couch and Yuka joins me as I turn the TV on. About half way through my meal my phone goes off and I pick it up from the end table.

“What?!” I yell, angry to my interruption.

“Drowning yourself in yakiniku again, Reina?” my friend ask.

“Shut up Ai-chan. At least I don't cry about it like a baby.” I snap.

There's a small pause on her end. I know I've said something offensive, but since I'm in this down feeling I don't care that much. I just want to be left alone, but Ai-chan never does that.

She's my only friend that calls me daily, especially after what happened to Eri and me. I guess she figured she could help or give me some comfort. What she should really be doing is trying to get her own girl back. I still can't get why Ai-chan and Risa broke up and every time Ai-chan isn't willing to tell me why.

“I'll let what you just said slide for now.” Ai-chan decides. “I called in the first place to check on you. Eri didn't accept your apology?”

“If she did I wouldn't be on this phone with you and be having sex right now.” I bluntly answer.

“That's too much information, Reina.” Ai-chan complains. “Listen, instead of depressing yourself let's go out. Sayu invited me to dinner tonight and she wants you to come along.”

Normally, I wouldn't think about this, but I know Sayu has a habit of trying to get Ai-chan and I to date other people since we're single. I know that she's trying to help us, but I really don't want to date anyone new at this moment. All I can think about and focus on is Eri.

“Okay, but if it turns ugly you're taking me to a bar and paying for my drinks.” I threaten.

“Fine, just be ready at eight. I'll pick you up.” Ai-chan agrees.

We both hang up and I glare at the clock. I still have about three hours until we meet. Oddly though, I feel like canceling on them and I feel nervous just thinking about attending dinner with Ai-chan and Sayu. I can't chicken out now though because Ai-chan will nag me about it for weeks.

That really annoys the hell out of me. I've made my choice and so I have to stick with it. I know that doing this will help me forget Eri, but a large part of me doesn't want to forget Eri.

She means so much to me. But I don't think that matters anymore. She left me and we're over.

I wish I can undo everything I've done. That way I wouldn't feel so alone even when my friends are around me. I don't think I can feel anything else besides loneliness.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 09:50:12 PM by writerjunkie »

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
Re: A Thing Called Happiness
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 01:59:03 AM »
New fic! :cow:

Whoa there~!!! What happened to those sweet and inseparable couples?! :mon scare:

Is there going to be ReinAi??? :mon lovelaff:  :O :( :mon lovelaff: Or TakaGaki and TanaKame getting back together again??? :mon scratch: I don't know! It's just so sad they broke up! :on blackhole:

Everyone is dying?! :shocked Reina's cool uncle too! :shocked:

I need to find outt!! :bleed eyes:

Offline ms.chayla-tan

• ecchi
  • nyan~
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 02:31:37 AM »
Chayla likes it  :otomerika:

Offline astro18

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 04:51:28 AM »
You broke up all my otps :bleed eyes: :bleed eyes: :bleed eyes: :bleed eyes: :bleed eyes:

At first, I didn't realize this was a follow up to This Thing Called Love :sweatdrop:

Great chapter! Even though you broke my heart in the first chapter :fainted:

Offline sapphire

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 04:54:16 AM »
Woooo~I'm really liking this story so far. What happened that made Ai-chan and Reina break up with their significant other?
Ugh, this is already killing me. This is a sequel, right? :)
I have to be honest that I followed This Thing Called Love, but did not follow entirely since it got too long.
I hope I can follow this one well. ^^

Offline Fushigidane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 05:29:32 AM »
OOH continuation to the earlier Tanakame fic?! :w00t: TTCL wasn't it. :)
Breaking them is so evil after the happy ending, but I suppose this one will give another happy ending? Maybe different pairings~? :P Who knows! Anyway I'm excited for more :thumbup

Offline pretend_2besome1

• The "C" Kite
  • Member+
  • WakaRei: So real it's unreal
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 12:37:08 PM »
Why Issa? Why did you start it that way?  :bleed eyes:

That aside, Reina's shutdown was quite understandable considering two family members died. Not to mention one of them was her uncle, it's definitely hard for her.
Though what I didn't quite understand was Eri's decision to break up with her. Sure Reina must've had hurt her in the process and all, but I thought she would be more understanding about it seeing that she had experienced a similar situation when her mother died.
So I was thinking maybe Reina did something that's unforgivable for Eri. That or Eri has a reason she wouldn't tell...
“Listen, instead of depressing yourself let's go out. Sayu invited me to dinner tonight and she wants you to come along.”
Sayu meant well, but I want to know if she somehow still has a thing for Reina?  XD
And what surprised me the most is that TakaGaki broke up, I mean TakaGaki, Really?  :shocked
Reina is going the depressed way...  :(

TakaSemaru  :heart:

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 01:03:26 PM »
So, you decided to post this here. I'm glad. Does this mean you have a few chapters ready?

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 03:15:28 PM »
O.O Wow so many comments. I didn't except that. Thank you for everyone who has posted. ^____^ And Rnd, yes I have another chapter made. lol I'll have to work on the third chapter also.

CHAPTER 2

The drive to the restaurant Sayu chose wasn't so far from my house. It's probably a thirty minute drive. However, I don't think it gave me enough time to prepare myself for the meeting, or to brace myself if Sayu did bring a date for me.

I'm still a little bit shaken from the last date she tried to hook me up with. When I was directed to my table by the waiter I felt relieved to only see Sayu at the table waiting for us. This meant there was no date for me, just quality bonding with my friends.

“Reina~ Ai-chan!” Sayu yells excitingly. “Sit down. A waiter will come soon.” She sighs. “I'm glad you're here. Since I got here some waiter kept hitting on me. I hope he leaves me alone now that I have some company.”

Sayu is still with Koharu. I don't know how they make it work since Sayu's a college student and Koharu's a senior in high school. They're both very busy, but neither of them come to me about any complaints.

So, I assume their relationship is going well. They're starting to look like the perfect couple compared to Ai-chan and I. Shouldn't we be setting the good example since we're their senpais?

“So...I guess this means we should order.” Ai-chan casually says.

I put a hand to my temple unsure how I can stand being here. I'm regretting this now and I have no reason to, but I sort of feel like...panicking. Everything around me is unsettling. I've been getting that feeling a lot. I can never seem to calm down and I've been fidgeting more because I feel restless. I guess Ai-chan was right when she said I should see a doctor. I sigh.

“Let's get some beer.” I mumble.

“Reina, can't you wait for later?” Ai-chan scolds.

Lately, beer has been what calms my nerves besides yakiniku. Ai-chan likes to monitor my drinking though for some reason. If I wanted to be around my mom I would have told her to move in with me the day dad died, but she's not here. She's with  my grandparents and I'm left with a large house to myself.

I know that it's up to the children to look after their retired parents, but since my mother and I bump heads too much I didn't offer her to move in with me. I have too much shit to sort out on my own anyway. Besides...I looked forward to Eri moving in with me.

Wishful thinking now. I sink forward into my seat, resting my elbows on the table. I shake my hand at her to gesture for Ai-chan to leave me alone.

“Then order whatever you want!” I snap.

I'm starting to question why I agreed to come here. I just want to be home possibly sulking. I just can't stop thinking about her.

I need to see Eri. I have to be around her. Without her it just feels different, nothing doesn't feel the same without her. Eri is all I've got left to someone close to me. I wish my uncle weren't dead so he can help me. I feel so lost.

“Reina.”

I feel patting on my back and groan. Can't my uncle just let me stay in for a little longer? I roll on to my back and start to go back to sleep. Then the patting gets more frequent and a little painful.

“Reina!”

I feel a sharp pain on my back and grunt. Slowly, I open my eyes to kill the person that woke  me. The second I do open  my eyes though I close them again and bury my head under a pillow. It feels like I just stared into the sun! The sheets around me gets yanked around to my ankles.

“Turn off the lights!” I shout.

I hear moving around me and then a click. Feeling that it's safe to peek out, I carefully remove the pillow over my head and open my eyes again. It's a lot dimmer.

That's better. I rub my eyes and yawn. Then start to stretch. I slouch forward when I'm done and find it difficult to keep my eyes open.

“Ai-chan what the hell are you doing in my house?” I snap.

“You're at my place Reina.” She corrects. “You got a little too drunk at the restaurant, so I decided to take you to my place to watch after you.”

I look at my surroundings more carefully and see that this isn't my house. I'm in Ai-chan's too cramped apartment. I can't remember even coming here or what happened yesterday. I only hope I didn't make a fool of myself. I look down at myself and see that I'm also not in my own clothing.

“I don't remember wearing this to the restaurant.” I mumble.

“I changed your clothes after you passed out.” Ai-chan answers.

I stare at her wide eyed. Does that mean that she... I see her start to laugh.

“Don't worry I didn't take advantage of you.” Ai-chan promises. “Although...I can see how hard it would  for other people to not do that.”

I grab a pillow and chuck it at her head. I can feel my face turning red. Ai-chan continues to laugh and ducks from the pillow. I cross my arms over my chest and glare.

“Shut up Ai-chan!” I growl. “And one more thing, why the hell did you wake me up?”

I see Ai-chan walk over to her closet and pull out a few outfits.

“You have work today did you forget?” Ai-chan replies.

I groan. “I knew I shouldn't have told you my work schedule.” I whine.

I feel something land on my head and block my view. I yank it off and see that it's a T-shirt. I look up at Ai-chan who's giving me a stern look.

I think no matter how much I'll threaten her to let me sleep in she'll always do something to set me straight. She can be very scary when she wants to be especially when she's angry. I scoff.

“Fine! I'll get ready but prepare yourself for when I bitch at you from this headache once I'm done with work.” I threaten.

Ai-chan chuckles, completely unafraid to my threatening. She's learned that I almost never mean the threats I say to her. We have to rely on each other now mostly and within a few months we got to know each other and well I kind of regret that now because to Ai-chan I'm just some little kitten with dull claws. It annoys me and she likes that it does.

Although she might get on my nerves, I'm honestly grateful for Ai-chan since there has been nothing but bad changes in my life. My father died, my uncle died, Eri dumped me, and I'm quiet sure my mother now has money problems since my dad's death. I try to send what I have to her, but if I want to keep this house my uncle gave to me I'll have to try and be on time with payments to the mortgage.

So, if someone were to ask me if I really hate Ai-chan I will easily say no because I'm glad she's my friend. She's really all I have now for advice and comfort even when she's in a struggle herself. It's just right now though I really hate her because I don't want to go to work with a slight hang over!!

I'm sure she wouldn't either if she had one, but I don't have a choice. I get out of bed and stumble to my closet. I still plan to bitch at Ai once I get back from work. It only seems fair to complain to her until she falls asleep or yells at me to shut up. I see Ai-chan exit my room to give me privacy to change and I sigh. It's time to start my miserable day.

“Good morning Tanaka-san!!” I groan at my coworker's over excited screaming.

Doesn't she ever know how to shut up for just a second?! I walk to the back of the counter and glare. It must seem to scare her because her smile is gone and she puts on a surprised face. I think I can sort of understand now why she's called me scary before. I take my sunglasses off my face and head to the back to get my apron.

I silently get dressed, not feeling in the mood to be as friendly or talkative. I've been in a bad mood since I woke up. I have a slight hangover, my head is killing me, I'm extremely tired, and still completely heartbroken than I was yesterday.

I think I have some sort of a right to be in a grumpy mood. I also know though that I have to play nice with the customers and my workers included, because I need to keep the house I live in. That's just another piece of stress to add into my life, as if I don't get it enough!

I let out a tired groan then walk out the room when I've finished dressing myself and I'm greeting by my newest coworker again. Her happy smile is back on again. I guess she isn't one to stay upset long.

“Tanaka-san, I know it isn't my business to ask but...are you okay?” she speaks in a caring tone.

Oddly, I feel sort of moved by how much she wants to help me. I've always been mean to her when she first started working here and she knows very little about me, but she still acts so nice to me. I don't know why I feel so guilty suddenly I think the lack of sleep is messing with my emotions. This time when I stare at her I don't glare or frown I have on a calm expression.

“I'm okay Linlin. I've just been having some trouble sleeping lately.” I answer, only telling half of the truth to my moodiness.

“Oh, Tanaka-san, if you're that tired I can take your shift.” Linlin suggests.

Sometimes I wonder how a girl her age can not only be so nice, but so innocent as well. It makes it a little harder for me to continue being mean to her. I feel my face move into a small smile that I'm sure can barely be seen from anyone, but Linlin seems to catch it. She has on an even larger smile now. Then without even expecting it to happen Linlin just yanks me into a hug and I freeze. This has just turned a little awkward now!

“It'll be okay Tanaka-san! I'll do my best to take over your shift as well.” Linlin promises.

I notice that a few people are staring at me and because she's shouting more people are looking at us. Is she trying to embarrass me to death?! I can feel my cheeks starting go hot. I wiggle my way out of her arms and have on a small frown.

“Linlin, can you...not do that...ever again?” I ask. “It makes me uncomfortable!”

“I'm sorry Tanaka-san!” Linlin apologizes, yelling again.

I flinch and hold up a hand to motion for her to remain silent. “It's fine just stop yelling!” I whisper. “And thank you for offering, but I need to take this shift. I'll just have to manage.”

Linlin nodded understanding my reason to decline her offer. She excuses herself, seeing that I've had my fill of speaking with her for today and goes away to serve an incoming customer. I don't know if she acts this way because she's a foreigner, or that's just how her personality is, but sometimes Linlin's excessive energy can be a little too much for me to handle.

She says odd things and acts not how a normal Japanese person should, but the way it is done makes it kind of cute. Sure, she has a strong accent, but she'll have time to adjust to the language. She seems to be doing well already, so Chinese can't be that different to learn another language.

I haven't told her this though, but I do kind of enjoy having her here. Linlin makes my work a little more fun and when I'm feeling down she always finds a way to make me laugh. That's one of the things I liked about her. I take a deep breath, preparing myself to tend to my responsibilities as well. I walk out from behind the counter and go over to the nearest table to take orders. I'll be looking forward to my break.

I manage to leave from my shift on time today. It just wasn't as packed and the people who are scheduled to work during the night all came, so that meant I didn't have to stay an extra hour. I can't wait to go home and just sleep.

I know I should start some homework, but I'm just too exhausted. I'll have to remind myself to give Ai-chan a nice whack upside her head for making me go to work on probably less then five hours of sleep. When I step outside, I hear my phone beep and reach inside my purse to answer the text.

I flip open the lid and see that it's Ai-chan. I wonder if I should call her and just give her a piece of my mind while screaming into the phone. I look around me and notice that I'm in public, so that leaves shouting into my phone out of the question unless I want to embarrass myself. I look back to my phone and properly read the text this time.

-Turn around-

I stop walking and wonder if the person texting me is really Ai-chan or some sick stalker that ended up kidnapping Ai-chan and is trying to get me next. I start to panic and have become too terrified to even look behind me. Should I scream? Or should I run and scream?

I take a look at the number calling me again. Yep, it's Ai-chan's number. Slowly, I turn around, bracing myself to make a run for it if I have to. I let out a sigh of relief to find no creepy guy standing behind me, breathing down my neck. I feel angry for being so scared over nothing. I furiously start to send my text message back.

-Quit messing around idiot!!-

I start to walk again, concluding that Ai-chan is just probably bored again and as a source of entertainment, she tends to send me stalker like text messages right about the time when my shift is over to scare me. She started doing this after she broke up with Risa I guess since she never has anything to do at home. Risa was always good at...keeping Ai-chan “busy”. Too lost in my thoughts, I don't see a car slowly pulling up to me until I nearly get the wits scared out of me when I hear someone shout what sounds like an inch away from my ear.

“TANAKA-SAN!!!”

I jump and let out a scream of my own. I whip my head to the right and don't know if I should be relieved or even more angry when I see the person standing out the car window with a large smile in place. Why does she insist on always being so loud?! She's still a bit annoying as ever I see.

“Koharu, what did I tell you about doing that?!” I scold.

“But...Takahashi-san told me to do it. She said it would be funny.” Koharu explains, then starts to laugh. “And she's right.”

I glare at her then march over to the driver seat and knock on the glass. The window lowers just an inch and I can see Ai-chan's eyes peeking through the crack. I can hear her laughing. I glare at her too.

“Yes?” Ai-chan calmly ask.

“I'm going to kill you!” I threaten. “Why do you always have to torture me in some way?!”

Ai-chan laughs again. “I was just having some fun.” She goes back to a more mature like state. “Come on, hop in the car. Koharu and I are going out. We want you to come along.”

I fold my arms over my chest, frowning again. “And where the hell am I gonna go in an outfit like this?! I have to change. Besides, Koharu is too young to go to a club and I'm tired. I just want to go home and sleep.” I protest.

If it isn't Sayu who's trying to make me go out all the time it's Ai-chan, but she does it for a little bit of a  different reason. I know that even though Ai-chan watches after me and acts like she's okay she really isn't. I know that Ai-chan is hurting as much as I am and her way of handling it instead of getting drunk a bunch of times like me, is to go out and find a nice girl to fool around with.

That's usually when she's in a bit of a better mood. There are times when Ai-chan just shuts herself in her house and weeps and doesn't return my calls like I'm some type of stranger to her. I'm not sure which one I like better because these two resorts can both be a little extreme sometimes.

“Don't worry about it. I got some extra clothes here in the car. Besides, this is the only day Koharu has free because she's so busy with college entry exams.” Ai-chan encourages. “I'll watch after her so she doesn't end up drinking.”

I scoff. “Don't you mean I'll watch after her for that? Since you like to use me as some sort of designated driver.” I correct.

Ai-chan sighs. “Look, I won't be long. I promise. Just give me two hours then we'll leave and go to my place.” Ai-chan bargains.

I know I can't say no because Ai-chan does so much to make me feel happy. It's like I have to repay her back for the time she spends on cheering me up. Since we're close friends it's only right that we help each other in some way. With that logic in mind, I give in and agree.

“Fine.” I answer.

Ai-chan smiles and unlocks the door. I can hear Koharu shouting again in the back seat. I open the back door and get inside to nearly be smacked against the door when Koharu flings herself at me to hug me. I push her away to get some space to breathe.

“It's good to see you again Tanaka-san!” Koharu giggles. “We'll have so much fun with you here!”

I give Koharu a weary look. “Does Sayu know about this?” I question.

“We asked her to tag along, but she's caught up in too much homework.” Koharu explains. “She's okay with me going though. She trust me.”

I flinch at the mention of trust. That's something I took advantage of with Eri when we were dating. I wish I had a better way of dealing with  my problems. It was just too easy to slip into my old ways again.

I think now I'm changing. I'm becoming more responsible. I wish Eri only saw that though. Ai-chan pulls the car into the road and I sit back, trying to relax and wash away the bad memory of my biggest mistake.

Maybe going out with Ai-chan and Koharu isn't that bad. I might be able to just have a good time and get closer to moving on. As much as I don't want to forget Eri, I know that if I don't I'll just end up miserable for the rest of my life. It's difficult to not forget Eri, I know it isn't easy either, but I'm trying to get myself used to not having Eri in my life anymore. It's all I can do now.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 04:16:16 PM by writerjunkie »

Offline eruchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: A Thing Called Happiness(UPDATE 3/15)
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 03:40:04 PM »
ah... so its a continuation of TTCL, fast forward a few years...
tanakame and takagaki couple broke up? i wonder what caused those couples to broke up...
reina and ai seems to be getting closer... just hope they don't use each other as a rebound  :nervous

Offline gab98

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I love my Takitto XD!
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 06:28:35 PM »
waaa two chapters already?? sequel! junkie I love you!  :heart:... no more Tanakame and Takagaki ... I can not believe it .. and Reina's uncle died??  :shocked:waaa Is so sad! :cry:

anyway... this is very interesting! haha :shakeit:

Takitty Blog: http://takkity.blogspot.com/
Blog de fan fics en español http://gab98fanfics.blogspot.com/

follow me @Lovely_Takitty :)

Offline shenlog

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 06:48:34 PM »
I've read This Thing Called Love, didn't comment on it tho ( slowly started to come out of lurker mode) sorry :nervous
anyway it was great, and this seems good as well  :w00t:
I'm wondering what happened to TakaGaki and TanaKame  :huhuh
so, I'm waiting for new chapter  :twothumbs

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2011, 10:32:50 PM »
So the plot thickens. Reina drinks away her problems and Ai alternates crying and sleeping around. Hmm, I wonder what possible repercussions that could have?  :roll:

Also, what did Reina do? I hope it was just getting into fights and not cheating. Cheaters deserve what they get, in my opinion.

Offline sapphire

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 01:32:57 AM »
O.O Wow so many comments. I didn't except that. Thank you for everyone who has posted. ^____^ And Rnd, yes I have another chapter made. lol I'll have to work on the third chapter also.
Well, you did have a lot of readers for TTCL. So, it shouldn't be a surprise that people who has read your previous fanfic will follow this one too.  :)

Doesn't she ever know how to shut up for just a second?! I walk to the back of the counter and glare. It must seem to scare her because her smile is gone and she puts on a surprised face. I think I can sort of understand now why she's called me scary before. I take my sunglasses off my face and head to the back to get my apron.

This quote actually got me chuckling for a while. At first, I was laughing over how Reina has sunglasses on, yet she can still throw visible death glares. Then, again, it could just be those see-through or light-colored sunglasses.

Overall, it's a great update~ I'm really curious as to what happened between the couples. Hopefully we'll be able to get some Eri/ Gaki POV pretty soon. Please don't separate Tanakamei (yes, I'm praying already XD)!

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 02:17:52 AM »
Aaahh~

As much as I want TakaGaki and TanaKamei to get back together, I'd also like to see ReinAi. But it can only work one way, right? ;) And after all the  :deco: they had, they can't just move on to someone ese(in this case, ReinAi).... :(

There has to be good reasons for their breakups or else..! :bleed eyes:

Offline astro18

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 06:07:14 AM »
Gaaaah. I wonder why Takagaki is broken :gyaaah: Did Reina cheat???? :fainted:

I need to know what happened :bleed eyes: This is too sad :on cloudeye:

Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 01:26:36 AM by astro18 »

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 11:58:17 AM »
Yay new Writerjunkie fic!  :cow:

So a continuation of TTCL and it seems as though things have gone wrong, very wrong, especially for Reina who had broken up with Eri and lost her father and her uncle. Was it these events that made her break with Eri or was thier more to it, will still know little of what happened between Ai and Gaki but they have obviously split aswell, Ai and Reina seem to be getti9ng closer, perhaps bordering on more than just freinds, perhpas maybe Gaki picked up on this?.......

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2011, 04:20:55 PM »
Is this...what i think...this is? :shocked The sequel? :w00t:

Wow you really dropped the bomb on us in the first chapter. No TanaKame & TakaGaki??? :bleed eyes: Why oh why? What happened to the 2 cute couples?

Not sure where this is going but this is what makes the story unpredictable. Who will Reina meet? :(

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2011, 08:23:42 PM »
Ah, even more comments?! O_O  :w00t: I'm so happy~!! ^___^ I'm glad to see so many people supporting the fic and are enjoying it too. It gave me just enough courage to start another chapter. This one is a bit longer, but I hope it's at least enjoyable. I have a feeling I'll be able to write chapter 4 very shortly too.  :cow:

CHAPTER 3

I don't know how it happened, but I've been stuck at this crowded, stinky, hot club for over three hours. I stopped counting after that because if I kept watching the time I'll only end up more frustrated. I suppose I shouldn't be so upset or surprised that Ai-chan didn't stick her promise. That happens often when she's having too much fun or is just too drunk to care about anything anymore.

There was a time when she left me here stranded because she decided to go home with the girl she picked up without telling me. I had to figure out how to get back home and when I did I was not only pissed, but worried because I had no idea what happened to Ai-chan. I don't know what she'll pull tonight and I'm a little worried about that since I'm not alone this time. I'm stuck watching after Koharu and I wouldn't want her to be stuck here like I was.

I don't think she likes this club so much, but she told me she decided to come because she hasn't seen Ai-chan or I for almost her entire senior year. I can understand why she wants to spend time with me to talk and I know she wants to do the same with Ai-chan, but she ran off to get more drinks and find some more people to dance with. I feel kind of bad that Koharu can't spend some time with Ai-chan especially since her mind isn't in the right place right now. I think it's best that we leave. I glance over to Koharu and notice that she has this uncomfortable almost terrifying face on.

“What's wrong?” I shout, over the music

“I think someone is groping me!” Koharu complains, then leans forward towards me to try and get away.

I squint through the fog to try and see if I spot someone next to us then send my fist in front of me to collide with the jerk that decided to touch Koharu. I hear him grunt and then there's a loud thud as he falls to the floor. I put my arm back to my side and glare at him.

Yep, he's out cold. That serves him right! I get a hold of Koharu's wrist and pull her over to where the tables are so we can sit down. When we get near a seat for us to settle on, I feel Koharu try to pull her arm free. I look back at her to see if someone else has bothered her, but instead she just has on this desperate kind of look.

“Can we just leave?” Koharu whines.

I have to agree with her. This place is just getting crazier and I'm tired. I'll have to go to class tomorrow too. I think we've been here long enough. I nod and let go of Koharu's wrist.

“I'll go find Ai-chan.” I announce.

“Let me go with you!” Koharu pleads.

I take a hold of Koharu's hand so that I won't lose her while we wonder the floor. I'll try to avoid the dance floor. That place is like a death trap if we go through there. It'll be difficult to get to the other side and I'm sure there are some stupid guys who would try to dance with us or grope us as we get through.

It's better to just walk around the dance floor for that matter. I take one step and that's when someone came crashing into me, nearly knocking me over. Koharu ends up falling to the ground instead, while I'm left trying to defend myself from the idiot that's clinging on to me as if they're trying to climb a tree.

I know this person is drunk because I can smell it, but because they're making weird noises almost like monkey sounds. What the hell is going on?! I grab the back of this stranger's shirt and pull them off me. What is their problem?!

“Re-Reina it's m-me!” I hear Ai-chan yell.

I try to get a better view of her and don't feel any less annoyed to know it's her. She's completely drunk and it doesn't take that much to tell. Ai-chan is having a difficult time walking and even standing. Her legs are wobbling.

How much did she drink?! I grab Ai-chan by the collar of her shirt to try and get her to focus on me. That's when I get a better view of her face and see that it's completely flushed, not to mention that her breath stinks as bad as garbage left out on a hot summer day! I cringe and let her go.

“Ai-chan, what the hell is wrong with you?! Do you realize we've been here for more than two hours, like you said?!” I complain. “You look like a complete mess and is that...lipstick on your neck?!”

Ai-chan swats my hand away when I try to get a better look. She isn't smiling or laughing anymore she's just very angry. That's also what I don't like about her when she gets drunk. Ai-chan just gets angry too quickly. I don't bother to inspect the rest of her, afraid of what I might find.

“Koharu wants to leave. Come on, I'll drive you both home.” I insist, taking a hold of Ai-chan's wrist.

“I don't wanna leave!” Ai-chan declines.

She starts squirming around, trying to get out of my grip. Why does she always have to make this difficult?! Sometimes, I just want to beat some sense into her when she's like this.

With much effort, I control my temper and urge to punch her in a similar manner I've done to that guy that groped Koharu and glare at her instead. I'll try to be civilized and reasonable just ONE more time.

“Ai-chan, don't you think you've had too much to drink? This is enough fun for tonight, isn't it?” I question, trying to sound as nice as I can.

That seems to work because Ai-chan is quiet, thinking over the questions I've said. That or she's just thrown off from questions in general because the sake probably has her brain wrapped in stupidity at the moment. I'm not sure if I can forgive her, or just hit her upside the head to get some sense into her. It was probably a bad idea to have Koharu tag along with us.

“But I can't leave! I-I'm waiting f-for a friend.” Ai-chan protest.

I scowl at her. “Ai-chan, Koharu and I are your only friends here!!” I correct.

Did she just somehow forget about us and our friendship with her? Ai-chan obviously has had too much. It's time all three of us leave now. I reach out to grab Ai-chan's arm again. I don't care if she throws a fit! I'll pull her out of this club if I have to.

“Ai-chan!”

I have no idea who's calling her name, but I only hope it isn't some guy who's trying to get into her pants because I swear I will introduce him to my fist, in a very painful way! I know how guys seem to never really get the hint when a girl is trying to ditch them or show no interest in them. It must be a ego kind of thing.

I turn around, preparing myself to knock this guy's lights out if I have to, but I'm not ready when I see this person is a girl. At least, I think that's a girl. She's very tall and seems quite strong just by looking over her physic. Ai-chan runs over to her and pulls her into a hug as if that's some friend she's known for years.

“Why did you run off? I thought we were going to find your friends together?” The taller girl questions.

She sounds concerned. She eventually looks over to Koharu and I, probably feeling that people are staring at her and I know I'm not looking at her in the nicest way. She waves at us and smiles.

I let out a scoff in disgust. Koharu just remains silent, judging that it's just best to not say a word. I wouldn't blame her. I'm extremely pissed and in no mood for anymore annoying games.

“Hi, I'm Junjun.” The towering young lady introduces.

“Yeah, uh huh, come on Ai-chan. We're leaving now.” I demand, getting a grip of Ai-chan's forearm.

“Reina stop it!” Ai-chan whines.

I groan. I also forgot to mention that when she's drunk she can also get into a childish mood. Ai-chan is also more likely to cry. I hate both effects of too much alcohol consumption, but I have no choice and I have to deal with it.

“T-There ain't no way I'm leavin w-without Junjun!” Ai-chan slurs.

“Did you talk in your Fukui dialect?” I ask, finding it difficult to understand her.

She shakes her head and looks at me like a kid that's afraid to admit their mistake out of fear of getting punished. Whatever, I don't have time for this crap. I'm going home and I'm sleeping! I know though that Ai-chan is stubborn and will fight to stay here unless I don't listen to her. Damn it Ai-chan, sometimes I really hate you!!

“Find! She can come with us just come with me so I can drop you off at home.” I agree.

Ai-chan smiles and claps excitingly to her victory. She latches on to Junjun's hand and leads her to the exit.

“Hey, slow down!” I warn.

Junjun looks back at me. “Don't worry, I'll take care of her.” She promises, then gets lost in the crowd.

I sigh. I hate this night. I hate this day! It was crappy enough and now this. I wonder if I should just stay over Ai-chan's house and watch after her until she passes out on her couch.

I don't know when that will be. Maybe, I can just hit a bottle over her head and knock her out that way. That's a very tempting thought, but I really don't want to be left with the mess after. I groan. When did she become so careless?

“Tanaka-san?” Koharu interrupts.

“Why are you calling me Tanaka-san again?!” I question. “I know we haven't seen each other in a long time, but nothing has changed between us. We're still friends, right?”

“I-I'm sorry!” Koharu stutters.

I put a hand on her to comfort her. Is she worried I'll knock her out instead?

“I'm sorry Koharu I'm just...in a very bad mood right  now. Let's just all go home.” I suggest.

Koharu agrees and walks in front of me as we make our way out the club and into the parking lot. From a distance, I can see Ai-chan and Junjun already standing by the car waiting for me to show up. They don't seem that bothered because they're talking to one another inventively, smiling at each other and and laughing. Is this going to be Ai-chan play toy for tonight? I notice them tuck away their cellphones just as I reach the car and look at me.

“Alright, let's go.” I order, unlocking the driver seat lock.

The other locks to the car open after then everyone gets inside. It took me a while to drive a car again after the accident I've been in with Eri. I managed to get through that with some help from my uncle and Eri at the time. I was surprised when Eri said she trusted me while driving a car again. I guess I had a bit of a phobia from it when I ended up hospitalized.

I wouldn't have thought of such a thing unless my uncle didn't point it out. That's when I wanted to get over my fear and drive again. He didn't obliged, but encouraged me to start again too. I smile at the sad memory. I owe so much to my uncle.

I'm lost without him. I mean look at me! I probably have a bunch of bags and scary dark circles around my eyes that I've become close friends with make up! I have so much stress that there are some days where I just want to ram my head through a wall repeatedly.

I barely cook, so instant food is common in my diet. Why did he have to die? Why did a bunch of crap have to happen to me after his death? I probably won't trust trains for a while.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I stick the key into the ignition and start up the engine. I picked the wrong time to sulk. Once I get home I can just practice my common ritual of depression. That's some sort of comfort...I suppose.

“Oh, um...Reina, is it? Can you drive me home, please? I feel I've taken up enough of your time by coming along.” Junjun ask, staring at me through the rear view mirror.

I never noticed, but she has a weird accent when she speaks. As if her name isn't odd enough. She's definitely a foreigner.

I nod at her, not trusting my mouth to say something nice in return. That fact that she called me Reina and not Takana-san already has me in a bad mood with her. How the hell did she even know my name? I focus in front of me and steer the car into the road. I make sure to drop off Koharu first since I know she's dying to get out of here.

I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't want to hang out with Ai-chan ever again after this night. I'll have to give Ai-chan a long and torturing lecture tomorrow. Then I carefully drive my way into Junjun's neighborhood. It's some creepy thug kind of place.

It's obviously not the best spot to stay at, but I assume she probably doesn't have much money to live in a nice house. Just before she closes the door, she looks back at me to say goodbye and gives me this weird smile. What is up with her? The door is closed after then I'm back to driving one more time.

I've decided to just crash at Ai-chan's place again. I'm too tired to continue driving one more time. I park the car next to the side walk and take a glance at Ai-chan who looks like she's about to pass out in the back seat. I get out and pull her out of the back, while at the same time trying to remain on my own two feet to walk.

“Damn it Ai-chan! Why the hell are you so heavy?” I complain. “Did you gain a few pounds?”

I let out a series of grunts and curses as I make my way into the apartment and waiting for the elevator is even worse, but it beats walking up a bunch of stairs. How the hell can she even remain sleeping from me dragging her?! What feels like hours, I finally make it to her apartment and unlock the door.

I hobble over to the couch and just throw her on there. She only seems to bounce off and roll to the floor. There's a loud thump when her body smacks the floor and she snorts.

“Huh?!” Ai-chan yells, now awake again. “W-Where am I?!”

I take off my shoes then go over to help Ai-chan take off hers. Through half open eyes, she lazily watches me then rests her head against the edge of the couch. I take the pair of shoes to the door entrance and bend down to pick her up again.

“Ai-chan, I need you to try and walk a little.” I whisper, hovering her arm over my shoulder.

It's a good thing her bedroom is on one floor because I wouldn't want to face a set of stairs right now. As I walk, Ai-chan's head flops over to the right side of her and I try to move it over towards me, but end up having her head hit me hard against the nose. I close my eyes as I feel tears starting to come and push my way through the hallway.

What the hell is her head made of?! That hurt. I drop her again on to the bed, but she doesn't fall and just lays there face down while I go to inspect my nose. There's no blood. I then start to go through Ai-chan's draw to collect some clothes for us.

I make sure to get a matching set and just as I've decided on the outfit I want to wear I see Ai-chan roll on to her back and starts gasping for air. I let out a small laugh at her reaction. She's just so helpless when drunk. I walk over to her and start to untie her top. When I get around to removing her pants she starts to move and frowns.

“It's too cold.” Ai-chan whimpers, her eyes still closed.

I quicken my pace and completely focus on getting on her outfit. She starts stirring again when I go to put on her T-shirt. When her head goes through the hole I see that her eyes are now open and watching me. She lets out a big yawn.

“R-Reina...” Ai-chan mumbles.

I slip on a pair of socks for her and rest my pajamas beside her to dress myself now. Ai-chan takes a hold of my hand before I can do anything else. Then I'm yanked down to the bed. The bed starts to move and before I know it I'm on my back staring at the ceiling.

How the hell did this happen so quick? I can feel Ai-chan on top of me, moving around to get more comfortable and eventually tucks her head under my chin. I remain still, fixed on the clear white ceiling. I hate when she gets like this too, way too needy and dying for affection. I guess that's what happens when she's by herself a lot since I'm way more busy than her.

“You smell good.” Ai-chan comments.

I chuckle. “Well your sense of smell must be shot because I smell like nothing but cigarettes and beer.” I correct.

There's a small pause between us and I take this as my time to try and move again. I need to get some cleaner clothes on! I feel gross dressed like this. Ai-chan fights against me so that I can lay down.

“Stay here...” Ai-chan slurs.

“Ai-chan, I have to...”

“Sleepy...rest now.” Ai-chan groggily explains. “G-Goodnight Rei-chan.”

I frown at the odd nickname. That's the first time I've heard that. She must be wanting a lot of affection than usual. I shrug off the new new and try to sleep too.

I'm too tired to give up more of a fight. I hear Ai-chan give one quick hiccup before there's nothing else heard from her. She's completely asleep. I close my eyes doing the same thing.

I can just forget about today and start new. I sigh, relieved by the idea. Ai-chan will be back to her normal self and I won't have to watch after her. I put my arm over Ai-chan's shoulder and gently drift into a comfortable sleep myself.

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
Re: A Thing Called Happiness(UPDATE 3/17)
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2011, 03:37:23 AM »
LOL...I was like who's the tall woman? XD Jun! She's not that tall, they're just really short! :lol:

ReinAi was cute! :heart: Especially the last part. :wub:

I wonder what role Jun will be taking in this story with Ai-chan. Something seems to be up. :roll:

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Red Velvet - Time Slip