JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Morning Musume Single Medley ~Hawaiian~

Author Topic: Official Toku thread (kamen rider/sentai)  (Read 733727 times)

Offline krpsygafan

• Member+
Re: Official Toku thread (kamen rider/sentai)
« Reply #3140 on: September 30, 2013, 06:48:25 PM »
I hope fengyungzhibo's working for the first episode of Gaim. Last Saturday night it wasn't working too well.

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #3141 on: October 06, 2013, 12:54:37 AM »
Checked out the first ep of Gouraigan...

Boobs and bath scene? I'm sold! :thumbup

Plus I really like the suits' designs. And they're real suits this time, not cgi.

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline krpsygafan

• Member+
« Reply #3142 on: October 06, 2013, 01:32:18 AM »
Well Gaim 1 was interesting. It felt very fresh, kind of like how OOO seemed to me at the time. I think that DJ is going to get on my nerves though.

EDIT: Soukoku no Maryu was so scary! I was worried I was gonna have nightmares from it! But what a great way to end Kouga's story[presumably].
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 07:11:45 PM by krpsygafan »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #3143 on: October 10, 2013, 04:01:37 AM »
Checked out the first ep of Gouraigan...

Boobs and bath scene? I'm sold! :thumbup

Plus I really like the suits' designs. And they're real suits this time, not cgi.
TV-N has subbed the first ep, if anyone was interested. :)

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline krpsygafan

• Member+
« Reply #3144 on: October 11, 2013, 12:45:08 AM »
I forgot about the boobs and tried to watch with mum in the room. Oh.  :doh:

I'll watch that tomorrow or another day.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #3145 on: October 13, 2013, 09:51:25 PM »
Finally taking some time to catch up on Garo (specifically, Tougen no Fue and Sokoku no Maryu). Still haven't started Yami wo Terasu Mono, which is probably for the best since in the canon timeline, Tougen and Sokoku take place first anyway.

And yeah, I'm digging the sometimes subtle, sometimes no-so-subtle "lesbi-friends" thing they've got going in Tougen.
:wahaha:

OSNAP! IT'S RIN!!!
 :cow: :cow: :cow:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #3146 on: October 14, 2013, 12:04:40 AM »
Gouraigan is nice. Real suit fighting is good like Aioros said, and some nice CG that rivals Garo.
The show reminds me of DaiMajin Kanon because of the multi-heroes. And the heroine scenes also feels really slow because they're so daily-life'ish with no action. But since its Pink-Buster, I'm totally ok with her using half of the episode... taking baths... for every episode~ :nervous

KR Gaim I'm loving so far.
Gaim's design is even more toy-ish than the previous few KR, but I strangely already like it after the ep01 (surprisingly quick). The astroswitches lockseeds look really fun with its multipurpose of transforming, playing virtual battles, and monster food. Kids can collect and decorate their schoolbags with 'em, so it isn't totally useless plastic.
The hero treating his first henshin like a kid getting new toys to play was also a nice touch.

The setting is interesting too. With the Mirror World Inves monster dimension and the mystery blonde girl. Enough story hooks to keep people watching.
Seeing Izumi Rika again (she was Sailor Mercury) was nice (Kouta's big sister).

With the astroswi... lockseeds, and Team Gaim all wearing blue, it totally has a Fourze feel. Hope it'll turn out just as successful and fun. :)

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #3147 on: October 14, 2013, 04:36:05 AM »
Finally taking some time to catch up on Garo (specifically, Tougen no Fue and Sokoku no Maryu). Still haven't started Yami wo Terasu Mono, which is probably for the best since in the canon timeline, Tougen and Sokoku take place first anyway.

Tougen no Fue and Sokoku no Maryu were awesome!!! I definitely dig the Alice in Wonderland thing they have going on in Sokoku no Maryu XD Kakashi~ XD

And yeah, I'm digging the sometimes subtle, sometimes no-so-subtle "lesbi-friends" thing they've got going in Tougen.

I mean, I love lesbian hints and all (it semi-worked for Agi and Magi), but it was just sliiiiightly squicky between Rekka and Jabi. >_>;;; I guess in my head canon they're more like sisters or master and apprentice type of relationship. orz

OSNAP! IT'S RIN!!!
 :cow: :cow: :cow:

I KNOW. LIKE OMG SHE GREW UP. AND THEY ACTUALLY BROUGHT HER BACK. I love it when things like that happen. Definitely want more adventures of Kouga and friends. It's nice having an all new cast for Yami no Terasu Mono, but in my head Garo still equals Kouga. The new guy needs some time to earn that title back in my head. :lol: Can't wait for that Zero spinoff either. :D :D :D

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline krpsygafan

• Member+
« Reply #3148 on: October 14, 2013, 12:25:11 PM »
Shows like Gouraigan are interesting how they have no overall tone, although from the preview maybe next episode will be more comedic.

Like Daimajin Kanon I watched episode 1 of then never got round to watching any more, like I do with countless other shows.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #3149 on: October 14, 2013, 09:17:03 PM »

I mean, I love lesbian hints and all (it semi-worked for Agi and Magi), but it was just sliiiiightly squicky between Rekka and Jabi. >_>;;; I guess in my head canon they're more like sisters or master and apprentice type of relationship. orz
For the record, I was definitely referring to Agi and Magi, not Rekka and Jabi. Especially with Rekka referring to Jabi as "Jabi-nee", it definitely shows/implies (at least in terms of/more so with Rekka) their relationship is more of a sisters/master & apprentice one.

Now, if the writers DIDN'T have the "Jabi-nee" thing, Rekka/Jabi could be ship-worthy.  :pimp:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #3150 on: October 15, 2013, 06:14:16 AM »
^Oh yes, if not for the Jabi-nee thing I could probably get behind that ship :lol: Though in my mind Jabi is already shipped with Tsubasa / DAN. XD Did you guys catch the reference to ZERO and DAN during Jabi and Rekka's fight against Agi and Magi in the end? XD I thought that was cute lol

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #3151 on: October 15, 2013, 11:35:57 PM »
^ dual-wield & the levitation spell :lol:

Magi kinda looks like young Reina in some angles.

They better make a Tsubasa spin-off too and show his fight with Rei, but that would probably take a while since he's also in Gouraigan.

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #3152 on: October 27, 2013, 02:53:02 PM »
lol Gouraigan is trippy as fuck :lol:

I dig the fight scenes. I like the details they put into it, like when the floor's color changes when one of the Hikaribito gets knocked down and those weapon advent phases, it feels like watching/playing a game. (Even though the outcome seems predictable.)

That idol in ep. 4 seems like a Momochi parody and oh those Dan Mitsu scenes. :drool:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #3153 on: October 27, 2013, 07:09:28 PM »
^
Yep, yep, yep, and yep.
:yep:

EDIT: Finally managed to finish all of Yami wo Terasu Mono in the last last week and a half, and I gotta say, I actually liked it more than I thought I would. I personally still choose to think of it as an AU story because, like Essy, to me Kouga IS Garo, but Ryuuga's not that bad of a "successor" in this. I would have like to have seen more of an exploration into the side stories with Aguri and Takeru, but obviously given the relatively short length of the series, there was only so much they could do.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 07:15:29 PM by JFC »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #3154 on: October 27, 2013, 08:21:16 PM »
Gouraigan. Since they got Mika guest in that episode, I'm guessing that scene at the front of the shop was a joke on Garo's makai priests. :oops:
They sure are getting their sentai members joining fast. What are they gonna do for the 2nd half of of the show?

Yami wo Terasu Mono. I find Ryuuga way too cocky to be likeable in any way, even for a hero.
The only moment I did like him was after he got blind. He was pretty cool during that episode parkouring all over the place.
I might've liked him more if he stayed blind. :lol:

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #3155 on: November 03, 2013, 01:24:52 AM »

Offline krpsygafan

• Member+
« Reply #3156 on: November 03, 2013, 12:20:23 PM »
I agree that Ryuga took a long time to get into. He can be a bit typical shounen for my liking.

I like Gouraigan but sometimes some of the schoolgirl stuff makes me a bit uneasy, if I'm honest. I know she isn't one in real life but it's just a cultural difference I find hard.

EDIT: I've only today got round to watching the Gobusters and Fourze movies! I was just a little bit behind there!

EDIT again: I'm actually considering giving up Megaforce. I was initially watching it for the girls, but if the characters they play are spreading hate speech and little boys don't have good role models, it's kind of not sexy in a way. I like to think I judge on character, looks help but they still have to be good people. And then googling it and everyone saying it was sexist to women didn't help. If a woman wants to impress a man it must be sexist! I obsess over sexism to men a lot. I get quite OCD about a lot of things, but that is one in particular. In Britain we have all these OCD and autism problems.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 08:20:08 PM by krpsygafan »

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #3157 on: November 23, 2013, 03:56:48 PM »
ANOTHER SEASON!!!!! :w00t:

http://garo-project.jp/TV4/

Zero Black Blood trailer

edit:

Apparently, there's also a Garo anime and a movie version of the previous season in the works.  :w00t:
http://ameblo.jp/garo-project/entry-11710283576.html
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 04:35:23 PM by Aioros »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #3158 on: November 23, 2013, 06:41:39 PM »
^
From the guys at HJU:
Quote from: HJU Blog
An all new Garo season has just been announced, by the name of Garo: Makai No Hana, featuring a character called Raiga Saejima.

Raiga Saejima first appeared in one of the Garo novels as Kouga’s son. This new season will be revolving around Raiga as he takes over the Garo mantle. He will be joined by another knight, Kurou the Secret Knight and a young girl, Mayuri. Played by Atom Mizuishi and Natsumi Ishibashi, guest starred in Kamen Rider Fourze, respectively. While Raiga will be played by Masei Nakayama, previously guest starred in Kamen Rider Hibiki and Kiva.

The new season will premiere April 2014.
ORIGINAL LINK - http://henshinjustice.com/2013/11/23/new-garo-season-starring-kougas-son-raiga-saejima/
:thumbsup

And is it just me, or is that Thane Camus (from the Hello!Morning English school episode) in that Zero movie trailer?

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #3159 on: November 23, 2013, 07:56:55 PM »
^It's not just you, it really is him! The supporting cast credits has his name on it!!!! :lol:

and omg I'm so excited I can't wait for everything!!!!

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Morning Musume Single Medley ~Hawaiian~