JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - Tougenkyo

Author Topic: Okaeri.  (Read 4182 times)

Offline mayuki_daisuki

• ecchi
  • Member+
Okaeri.
« on: September 08, 2021, 08:16:49 PM »
Okaeri.

Today was the last day we could perform together, the last time I could be by your side…

”I guess this is it now.”

”I guess it is…”

My fists clenched tightly into a ball as we spoke. You nodded a little as you smiled at me.

”Stay by my side…”

Were the words I desperately wanted to convey, yet they escaped as I swallowed back the objection that welled up inside me.

”Last calling, all doors will close momentarily.”

My feet stepped back involuntarily, as I watched you board the departing train. Through the glass, the dimples on the corners of the smile you wore trembled unevenly.

We both tried to face each other and part with a smile, for each other’s sake.

—————————————————————————————————

It’s getting late, I don’t want to disturb you. Even so, my heart really hurts…  I miss the warmth of your hugs and your touch. I remember before I left Japan, you gave me an overwhelming hug, you pressed your body closer to mine.

Trying to fill in the gap as much as you could between us, my body froze. I felt somewhat paralysed from your strength.

“M-Miku?... Is something wrong?”

You looked like you had something important to say but I barely heard you as you mumbled.

“You’re leaving me... “

“Miku, I can’t hear you. Just let me go already, I can’t feel my arms.”

I squirmed a little in your embrace.

“Why are you leaving HKT48?!”

You let your grip loosened and looked deep into my eyes. I hated to see you like this, it honestly made me feel guilty…

“Miku, I’m not leaving… I’m just taking a little break and trying something different.”

“For more than two years!”

Taking a breath, I tried to comfort you. Nonetheless you kept pouting at me.

“You’re going to be fine Miku!”

“I won’t be without you!...”

A brief moment of silence fell between us.

Although I tried to find a way to reassure you, I didn’t see a suitable distance between you and me.

Yet, you didn’t care about our surroundings. I should’ve realised sooner you were never willing to give up…  On us. I felt your mouth crash against mine, as you gently cupped my chin.

"Nnnn?!"

My whole body shuddered as I felt your right hand slip down my waist.

"*kiss*... nn... *kiss*"

"Mmmm, hah... nnnnnn..."

Licking the tip of my lips lightly, I was finally going to give in. But then you stepped back and a feeling of frustration overcame me.

“I don’t want anyone to steal your lips before you go to Korea!!!”

Immediately, that feeling of frustration changed to shock from your sudden statement. Searching around the room I sighed with relief as no one really turned their attention towards us.

I noticed you started to create a bridge of distance between us. This time I would be the one to act swiftly. Pulling you in, I smiled sheepishly.

“Miku, you know you’ll always be my partner in crime! When it’s time to go home, we can do it again baka…”

In response, your eyes crinkled at the edges and the corners of your mouth turned upwards. My heart melted, it still does now when you smile at me…

——————————————————————————————————-

It’s been over a year since IZ*ONE debuted, I wondered if you ever missed HKT. And, if you ever missed me…

Suddenly my phone went off and I received a video call.

”Miku… *hic* The votes, they were rigged… *hic*”

It’s unlike you to cry, you’re eyes started becoming puffy and swollen.

“It’s not your fault Nako! You’re not to blame…  It’s been tough but I’m still cheering for you! Always!”

”M-Miku… *hic*”

Her voice quivered in the background.

”It’s okay, let it out... I’m not going anywhere.”

…*sobs*…

Finally, all I could hear was a high pitched sigh and whimper. I stared at my phone intently, constantly tying to think if there was any other way to make her feel better. Waiting for her was all that came to mind.

I try not to overstep the boundaries, I try so hard not to intrude myself too much in your life. But when you called me, I realised I‘d miss you, I wish I could see you…

Whenever there’s time, we’d meet up too, we’d talk for as long as we could. Whether it’s long distance or far away, that doesn’t matter in our relationship.

“Thank you for listening to me… I miss you Miku…”

Your words echoed repeatedly in my ears, could you tell I was blushing?

“I miss you too Nako.”

You started to wipe the remaining tears from your red eyes, I wasn’t there to do it for you…

”Hey Nako, do you remember our kiss before you left?”

Swiftly your expression changed from sullen to embarrassment.

I pulled a cheeky grin, in hopes it would rub off on you. In the end, you let out a small chuckle.

”Baka… Of course I remember.”

——————-———————————————————————————

Today is the 15th May 2021. In the audience, I saw fans gasp with surprise and excitement. Nako and Sakura have finally returned.

During the theatre show, every member took the stage to pose in front of the camera’s. I honestly didn’t care… Nako was back. We stood side by side like we used to.

When it was time to pose, the staff told us to crouch down. I wasn’t paying much attention because I could only focus on you. I turned my direction towards you, hoping you’d notice. As you pouted your lips together, I imitated you. You let out a small elated chortle and it was adorable.

Afterwards, the other members called us by our nickname. I haven’t heard it been used for so long, I leaned my head against yours. How long has it been since the last time we did this? I’m so happy I don’t have to wonder anymore…

——————————————————————————————————

The curtains began to close, you whispered in my ear gently.

”Okaeri Nako-chan…~

« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 06:53:55 PM by mayuki_daisuki »
My kami-oshi is Mayuyu, and my oshimen is Oku Manami.

Offline StrongStyle9Q

• Rainmaker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • The Last Dog
Re: Okaeri.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 08:32:22 AM »
I love me a good NakoMiku fic.

I love IZ*one and I was sad to see them go, but I'm sure Miku is happy that she has her Nako back at her side.

Offline mayuki_daisuki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 02:07:29 PM »
I kind off got into IZ*ONE when they first debuted but my focus was only really Nako, Hiichan, Sakura and Chaeyeon. And recently NakoMiku have been giving me feels again.  :sweatdrop:

(My main focus is still rewatching clips of Mayuyu… >_>”)

Offline yurin23mayuki

• Member+
  • HKT48箱推し
    • yurin23mayuki
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 05:30:28 PM »
I'm so happy to read this  :wub:

Offline mayuki_daisuki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 07:28:52 PM »
Thank you for reading and commenting, I’m glad you liked it.  :cathappy:

Offline aneramyre

• Tired
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gimme dat WMatsui
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2021, 03:06:33 PM »
Love the fact that this was based on real events. Even the dates are there so it meshes with real-life details. It helps with the immersion, or so I feel.
I love NakoMiku interactions. I think the choice of first- and second-person POV went really well with conveying the emotions that their separation and reunion brought.

Thank you!

Offline mayuki_daisuki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2021, 06:43:41 PM »
I’m so happy you enjoyed it! And I’m really relieved the first and second POV worked out well. I really want to keep writing but I honestly find it so much harder than before, I mean my spelling and grammar in my previous fics are really obvious and terrible. But I remembered how easy it was back then because I had inspiration from the feels and my ideas flowed better. I’m starting to worry that I’m losing my writing style and with this NakoMiku fic it just felt easier to write in first and second POV. Thank you for commenting!

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
  • DRG @ Sargatanas (FFXIV)
    • animeminafans
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2021, 07:41:17 AM »
How long has it been since I've last read your work, mayuki_daisuki... or should I nostalgically call you "Aunt MD"?

I find it really interesting that you wrote with a second POV! Normally, that sort of direction in fiction is a bit tricky to work with! Some may describe it as a self-insert way to put yourself into the fiction... I say if it's done appropriately, you've actually created a new way to tell a story to your readers. In this case... you did well with it! Also, this fiction is rather fitting for both the girls and... for you too.

Welcome back to writing on this forum again, MD. :deco: Hope to read more of your works if you plan to write some more again!

"You'll come to treasure these scars."

HIATUS: The Virus | How Far Are You Prepared To Go? | Sanity | Hidden Truth | Disappearance (Season 2) *Tumblr-only* | Vengeance
ACTIVE: Majisuka Gakuen OS | OS | Idol Royale
REMAKE: Disappearance S1 | Wandering Ship | Hidden Truth
COLLABORATIONS: Phantom Pain w/Llyloo

Twitter: https://twitter.com/animeminafans | AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/users/KazueEmiko/pseuds/KazueEmiko | Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ZAfq3QtEwA

Zine Projects: Our Future Days (The Last of Us) [Pre-order TBA] | IDOLIZED! (Love Live!) [Pre-order - Digital] | Eizineken! (Eizouken Ni Wa) [Packaging] | Tales from the Animal Forest (Animal Crossing) [Pre-order TBA] | Amor Fati (Fate/Grand Order) [Creation Period]

Offline mayuki_daisuki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2021, 01:59:01 AM »
LF-chan! My dear niece! T^T

I’m so happy to be praised by my talented niece!  XD :heart:

I still hold a lot of ideas for fanfics but I find it so hard to write nowadays, especially since Mayuyu graduated from AKB48 and is retired now.  I have an on and off interest with the NakoMiku pair. I did promise myself if Mayuyu ever attends Yukirin’s graduation, I would write another MaYuki fic.  :nervous

Writing with a Second POV felt easier than trying to describe scenes. I feel like I’m losing my writing style because I want to make sure that if I’m describing a scene in a fic, I want everything to sound detailed and smart. But then I find it doesn’t flow properly and everything sounds more like a description of events rather than an actual story.  :(

Thanks for reading and commenting on it LF-chan, you’re comment has cheered me up a little, I didn’t have a very good day today.

Offline byesda

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2023, 09:19:53 AM »
I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment, and I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed it
drift boss

Offline juiweasley

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2024, 10:57:49 AM »
Overall, it's a touching and well-written piece that effectively captures the nuances of human emotions mapquest, and relationships.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - Tougenkyo