JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Spiral Chord - Distance to Substance

Author Topic: [04/25] 「 Kanashimi Twilight 」 Morning Musume's 33rd single (promo p.6)  (Read 104990 times)

Offline Ching1670

• Gatas Brilhantes H.P.
  • Member+
Great news, everybody was predicting they ll be in the top 10, but not in the top 3.
A #2 spot is very good, beating ORANGE RANGE. Chemistry, BoA, etc.

Morning Musume definitely overarchived, hopefully they could keep this up.

Offline Nouciel

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • nouciel
I wasn't expecting them to beat BoA :o Orange Range maybe, since it's an acquired taste anyways XD
Go MM go! and pwn those Kinki kids :wahaha: !!

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
It's a great first day, but as we all know, most of the sales for MM is in the first few days, but hopefully they'll go past the 50K mark on the first week, it's a good song.

And the booklet looks really good, hopefully my copy arrives soon.

Offline yumestarlet

• Hmm~ YES MY LOVE!
  • Member+
Number two! Ahh, awesome, I'm so proud! XDD Hope this keeps up~!

Umeda Erika | Linlin & Junjun | Sugaya Risako & Tokunaga Chinami | Noto Arisa | Sugiura Riho
& MUCH thanks to genericpaperdoll for the lovely ava! :heart:

Egao YES Idols -- New blog on H!P and other J-pop idols!

Offline DroolBoy

• ~PingMoogSev (PMS) Fan~
  • Member+
By the way, the index number for the single [12953 I think] for the first day of sales, means that they sold in the high 20k/low 30k zone for the first day alone..

Hopefully they keep in the top 5 for today's sales..
she's my fire, my desire...

Offline TydusArandor

• ecchi
  • Member+
I really didn't expect them to rank at #2. Doesn't Orange Range usually sell above 100k? I guess it being Yossie's last single as MM has an effect.

Though if they released a bit after or earlier than KinKi Kids they might've gotten #1, which would have been a very good farewell present. Ah well, #2 is already very good!

Offline Koolmon93

• Member+
  • Karaoke is srs bznz.
Well, I think sales might go up for Momusu tomorrow. I just have this feeling... that Momusu wiill move to #1 by some force... LOL

*Set by Gypchan*

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
I really am happy to here about the sales, the thing about the index number definately sounds promising. None of the Japanese people I know here (and trust me there's a fair few) are interested whatsoever in Morning Musume now. They can't name the members anymore yet ask "You know Yaguchi Mari right?" and you get "Of course!" I guess it's a sign of how much things have gone downhill for them.

They may not be re-creating the kind of sales figures they had a few years ago but this still is really good considering the competition.

Also like I've already stated I like the concept behind the single, it's definately something new for them and I hope they do become a little more experimental in the future as they've certainly added a few elements in Rainbow 7 and Sexy 8 Beat that weren't in the band before in. I though Sexy 8 Beat was a bit too uptight at first but it's grown on me a lot, although I didn't really think about it at first I think Momosu have been a lot more alternative recently than in previous years and this single really pushes the barriers on what's come before for them. Although sales may never be what they were, for me personally the future of Momosu is looking good.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 12:26:40 AM by Cookie Holiday »

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
Well, I think sales might go up for Momusu tomorrow. I just have this feeling... that Momusu wiill move to #1 by some force... LOL

Let's put our minds (and our money) on it.  CONCENTRATE.......ohmmmmmmmm!!! :prayers:

several questions i wanna ask though about Oricon charting.
1. Does Oricon checks the sales at all the stores around Japan? or just some stores? 
2. When they check the sales, is it at a specific region like tokyo or kanto region only or total sales in Japan?
3. How about internet sales or in-stores-only sales?
4. How about Exports sales(oversea sales)?  who checks that? like on amazon.com or yesasia.com?

i dunno know much about that as i don't live in japan and doesnt know any japanese. i always wanted to buy their stuff thru the internet but i haven't due to a money problem (I DON'T HAVE ANY!!! :frustrated:.  When i do, i surely will load up on their merchandise. however, whenever i hear of sales, i always feel guilty for not able to buy their stuff.  even though i don't think whether i buy it or not thru the internet will help their oricon chartings. 

I really am happy to here about the sales, the thing about the index number definately sounds promising. None of the Japanese people I know here (and trust me there's a fair few) are interested whatsoever in Morning Musume now. They can't name the members anymore yet ask "You know Yaguchi Mari right?" and you get "Of course!" I guess it's a sign of how much things have gone downhill for them.

They may not be re-creating the kind of sales figures they had a few years ago but this still is really good considering the competition.

Also like I've already stated I like the concept behind the single, it's definately something new for them and I hope they do become a little more experimental in the future as they've certainly added a few elements in Rainbow 7 and Sexy 8 Beat that weren't in the band before in. I though Sexy 8 Beat was a bit too uptight at first but it's grown on me a lot, although I didn't really think about it at first I think Momosu have been a lot more alternative recently than in previous years and this single really pushes the barriers on what's come before for them. Although sales may never be what they were, for me personally the future of Momosu is looking good.

yah, that too sad, momusu just doesn't have the selling power like they do back in the days. They were da bomb back then (doesn't mean they're bad now, though).  even though i only just started knowing about them about less than a year ago.  i've been watching and checking some of their info and of course the momusu were leading the jpop girl-group in a huge way. with great sales and everyone seems to love the old members( OF COURSE THEY DO, THEY WERE THE LEGENDARY MEMBERS) even if people don't know the momusu now, they certainly knows of them back then.  it just sads that their solo careers werent so good as when they were in momusu.  nevertheless, i  :heart: Momusu and H!P, even though they arent as good as back then, sales-wise, they're still a great group of girls that we'll always love.  the future of Momusu and H!P looks great. 

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
Hm, I found this pretty interesting over at Jinryuichi's blog.

http://jinryuichi-hnph.blogspot.com/

Considering what's being discussed in here you guys might do to. ("Kanashimi Twilight Debuts at #2 on Oricon ..... A Tainted Celebration ")

Offline cynee

• ecchi
  • Member+
seems like Orange Range (at #3) has only half of MM's sales! it's great to hear that this single is doing well in Japan, it's a good song plus it's Yossie's last, so i hope the company will try to do more promotions to hype it up so that the good sales can be maintained. yay for MM!

Offline Jay

• 菅谷梨沙子<3
  • Member+
  • NEEDS TO COME BACK HERE MORE :)
I dedicate my 175th post to the Smiling Mitsui-chan for putting such a great effort in the song and giving us a taste of her voice (she has the most cutest voice in MM imo) ! 

but I like Sugaya's shyness too <3

Risako Sugaya
[Number 1 Fan]
[BIG BANG] - T.O.P. Is BAMF!

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
1. Does Oricon checks the sales at all the stores around Japan? or just some stores?

Many, but not all. There is an incomplete list on the Oricon site (see link below)

2. When they check the sales, is it at a specific region like tokyo or kanto region only or total sales in Japan?

Oricon says it's from stores across Japan.

3. How about internet sales or in-stores-only sales?

Some of them are counted, some of them not. Some internet retailers are listed on the list (notably Amazon[.co.jp] and Neowing (CDJapan))

4. How about Exports sales(oversea sales)?  who checks that? like on amazon.com or yesasia.com?

Those are most likely not counted. (edit: I mean sales from overseas stores are not counted, export from stores in Japan I am not sure about)

There is a list of stores on this page: http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/index2.html

Oricon also describes what that index number means. Well, they only say it is not actual sales, but it gives us an indication how the top 3 releases are doing compared to each other.

1 KinKi Kids 42254
2 Morning Musume 17352
3 Orange Range 6729

Also the weekly total is not the daily totals combined. Some sales are counted daily, others aren't. How Oricon exactly counts sales is a "trade secret", so the only thing left to us is to trust them (or not).

Just like Cookie Holiday said, see this informative blog entry to read more about Oricon's practices: http://jinryuichi-hnph.blogspot.com/2007/04/kanashimi-twilight-debuts-at-2-on.html
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 10:43:36 AM by tiny »

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Day 2 in the charts features the inevitable drop to... #3. That's not so bad.

Index numbers:
1 KinKi Kids 27558
2 Orange Range 6363
3 Morning Musume 5906

Offline invisname

• ~Aloha Rider~
  • Member+
  • ~Aloha~
Well it was bound to happen, but the loss isn't that bad, around 400 units difference between them and orange range, thats something... It must be hard to keep up the steam against people like Kinki Kids though, just look at those numbers!
-Sayu, Gaki, Aika Blog Translator-The Nantonaku Translations Substitute Leader -
-~LDK Random Subs~-

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
I'm not too upset that KK are so far ahead, and a difference of about 400 between 2nd and 3rd isn't something to be getting upset about either. I'm relatively happy with the way things have gone, though it would have been nice to have been pushing KK a little bit more for that number 1 spot.

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Kanashimi Twilight related interviews are popping up everywhere.

Yossie solo on the Oricon site:
http://www.oricon.co.jp/music/interview/070425_01.html

Morning Musume on the MySound site:
http://www.mysound.jp/special/detail.php?c=104

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
u know what'll be cool?  if just for one day, Kanashimi twilight could take the top spot, that'll be news worthy, just kickin kinki kids out of the spot for a day or too, keep'em on their toes.  although i don't think it'll happen though.  but one can dream can't they? i have nothing against them or the other artists, in fact i'm a fan of kinki kids, like their songs, i like boa and orange range as well.  anyway, with orange range, even though they took the 2nd spot, judging from the sales from tuesday, MM is not at a loss. overall, they'll still be above orange range, for now.  i don't wanna jinx anything, but i hope they'll keep selling more and more to be in the top 3 or top 5. 

Offline cynee

• ecchi
  • Member+
the scary gap in sales number difference is definitely justified. the Kinki Kids single is not just a regular single, but one celebrating their 10th anniversary since they debuted, so you beg all the fangirls will make sure that Kinki sells like hotcakes so as to continue their Oricon #1s record! i guess for now if MM can stay in the top 3 positions, it's good enough  ;)

i got my single today and i can't stop listening to the c/w song 'Hand made City'! it's so catchy and fits so well as a side song to 'Kanashimi Twilight'~! lovin' it! :)

Offline invisname

• ~Aloha Rider~
  • Member+
  • ~Aloha~
Don't have the time to try to read through the articles that tiny gave but I think its funny that all of them give the same kind of response for how Kanashimi Twilight feels... its all cool with them, hopefully it'll stay cool for everyone and keep up sales!
-Sayu, Gaki, Aika Blog Translator-The Nantonaku Translations Substitute Leader -
-~LDK Random Subs~-

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Spiral Chord - Distance to Substance